Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 1:21:36 AM EDT
I have the origins Microsoft Close combat and really enjoyed the game. Haven't played it in years and found it recently. Can't get it to run properly right now. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but I do have the game and so in for helpful technical support...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it on Good Old Games?  I can't check from here...
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I've loved this game series since it first randomly appeared as a disk in a copy of the marine corps gazette, and I've gone to great lengths to keep playing it over the years, mainly against my cousin in lengthy campaigns. It truly is a unique and satisfying game.

So, if its the first close combat save yourself some headache and put it back on the shelf. Don't worry though. There have been damn near a dozen sequels and re-releases that are updated for modern machines and networking, and are generally improved in every way. The game play mechanics remain faithful in all of them!

My particular favorites are the newer iterations based off of CC5 and CC3, and then the vietnam and okinawa user created mods for each, respectively. There's a whole slew of mods for both that are simple to install though. Check out closecombatseries.net for tech forums and any other info you may want on the series.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried men of war assault squad/ assault squad 2? If you like close combat youll like men of war
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
If its DOS based, you could use Dosbox.  Install and just drag-n-drop the executable over the Dosbox icon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top