Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 8:14:46 PM EDT
who is up for some pain and many many deaths 07FEB17?
i played the alpha and beta and boy it was hard.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
jeez nonone interested in another japanese action game similar to demons and dark souls? played alpha and beta. game set in feudal japan. looks badass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
last chance trial for game this weekend. downloading it now. got an invitation email yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the DS games, so I tried the demo when they released it a few months back. Seemed okay, but even more unforgiving than Dark Souls.
I'll probably give it a rent, but something about it just didn't click with me the way the DS games do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
it was fun as hell. beat the first boss but couldnt beat the second one. i got my ass handed to me for about 2 hours on the second boss. i didnt know after the first boss that i woudlnt have a chance to level up before the second. im betting it wont be like that in the final version in 2 weeks.
i tried the katana almost exclusively but want to try other weapons. lemme know if you want to try teaming up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]
tomorrow is the day. computer showed i had 2 copies on hand but couldnt find them. some tool put them on the shelf over a week before release.
lucky the system will not allow sale before release date. then again i prolly the only person in the area interested in this game.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll probably give it a rent when I finish Dishonored 2.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll probably give it a rent when I finish Dishonored 2.
View Quote

i still havent finished dishonored 2. im only 4 or 5 missions into the emily playthrough.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

i still havent finished dishonored 2. im only 4 or 5 missions into the emily playthrough.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm on the Emily playthrough as well. Mission 8 currently. This game is LONG if you want to explore everything and still go for the low-chaos/ghost rankings.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm on the Emily playthrough as well. Mission 8 currently. This game is LONG if you want to explore everything and still go for the low-chaos/ghost rankings.
View Quote

i started the game high chaos. i went for stealth on second playthrough on the first game.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#10]
IGN gave it a 9.6.  

If Zelda wasn't right around the corner I would seriously consider picking this up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#11]
just popped the disc in. 30mb download. think it was small because i played the last chance demo that was 23gb. can play after kids go to school. cant wait.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
just popped the disc in. 30mb download. think it was small because i played the last chance demo that was 23gb. can play after kids go to school. cant wait.
View Quote

I didn't have the demo, still a small download. I like it so far, it rips off Dark Souls in a LOT of ways. The fishing village is pretty well a copy paste of the fishing village from DS2....but I'm still having fun either way. More Souls is good souls.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]
took about 20 tries to kill boss at end of fishing village. the next boss is a bitch too. im liking the game. started out katana and kusarigama but now using spear. spear got me past that boss.
im around level 24 i think.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
took about 20 tries to kill boss at end of fishing village. the next boss is a bitch too. im liking the game. started out katana and kusarigama but now using spear. spear got me past that boss.
im around level 24 i think.
View Quote

I still haven't played the full release yet, but the spear is what I had the most success with in the demo version.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I still haven't played the full release yet, but the spear is what I had the most success with in the demo version.
View Quote

still cant beat that whore. i have 18 samurai points and no clue what to buy. tried opening magic up but only have a couple points and no side missions open.
level 309 and cant beat a boss rated level 12.  i suck at this i guess. might have to break down and get psn to summon someone to go on.
i do like the spear though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

still cant beat that whore. i have 18 samurai points and no clue what to buy. tried opening magic up but only have a couple points and no side missions open.
level 309 and cant beat a boss rated level 12.  i suck at this i guess. might have to break down and get psn to summon someone to go on.
i do like the spear though.
View Quote
I have no idea what your build is like or what the boss is, since I still don't have the game, but; one article I read on tips for starting out really emphasized that it's important to get the abilities that let you Ki pulse during a dodge. It helps keep your Ki full and also cleanses yokai auras.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#17]
hino enma is the name of the boss. she is a flying vampire bitch. two people made it easy to bounce her back and forth while the other gets free hits. i signed up for the 2 day trial of psn and summoned someone. got her first try. on the next level i died to  a stupid one eye.
level 35 and made my first decent weapon at the smith. level 21 sword with a green ability i need to see if there is any info on.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#18]
The boss fights are extremely fun in this game. Yuki-onna in the third region has been my favorite so far. The most annoying was the water demon in the second region. I keep drowning at the last 1/3 of the fight until I stopped using the lock target.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#19]
i must be slow as shit. just got to 3rd island at level 58. on the snow world now.only mission not done is munisege and the twilight missions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I threw salt at Hinmo.  It drained her Ki at the start of the fight.  

Banging on the kettle/bell thing in Nue's area seemed to bother Nue.  His Ki meter turned red, and I kept it that way.
He reminded me of the Loran Darkbeast from Bloodborne.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#21]
made it to the 4th island and veteran dojo training. hard without my gear or spells. anyone else joining for jolly co-op? some bosses were easy and others i had to summon. i just figured out how to use the smith for requests. apparently you need 20 million gold to get all the things from her.

level 75 spear using caster here. just upgraded to sloth 2.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#22]
made it to ng+. bosses much easier now. 2 tries at hino enma last night. spent time leveling up to retry the last 2 sub missions in ng. the double boss missions suck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#23]
up from the dead. game platinum a few weeks ago and got a second character almost to the end of ng+.
anyone have a good end game kusarigama or spear? looking for a change attack to body inherit spear.
waiting for dlc to  drop now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#24]
first paid dlc dropped 2 days ago. having a blast with it. it is set in the frozen north of Japan. havent tried the pvp yet. anyone interested in trying it out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top