Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 12/10/2016 3:26:36 AM EDT
The new short movie should be out in a bit.

Ghost Recon Wildlands - The Red Dot Live Action Trailer (Official)

Here are some trailers for the game

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: We Are Ghosts | Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]

You decide on how the mission goes. If you do it strategically through stealth, or if you go for a full fire fight against the cartel and other opposition.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: Mission Briefing | Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]

It will have character and weapon customization as well.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: Gamescom 2016 - Character & Weapon Customization | Ubisoft [NA]

Beta should be coming out at the beginning of the year. Here's where you can sign up.

Wildlands beta sign up

Update:
Single Player mode. Shows gun customization, battle tactics, and a few other cool things.
GHOST RECON WILDLANDS - 30 Minutes of NEW Gameplay (PS4 Xbox One PC) 2017
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking forward to this one for a while now.

Ty for the beta sign up link.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Definitely on my radar ever since the first gameplay vid was released a few months back.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll try to keep up to date info on this game in the OP. I'm very excited about this game. A little worried about multiplayer on the PC since ubisoft has hackers deglore in the division of their multiplayer. However Ghost Recons from what I hear, are legendary for their multiplayer (Which this will be the first GR I've played), and Wildlands looks like it's going to have a huge expansive single player/co-op mode.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The graphics in the trailer are very misleading...  Real gameplay looks rather underwhelming.

The Sad Reality of Ghost Recon Wildlands (Ghost Recon Wildlands Gameplay)
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The graphics in the trailer are very misleading...  Real gameplay looks rather underwhelming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDQqI9JeIE
View Quote

Okay. Just watched it. That is alpha gameplay they're showing. I remember BF3 when it first came out. Holy crap it was bad with glitches, among other things. Turned out being one of the best games out there.

Also in that guys video he shows video of gameplay taken from over a year ago, and mixes it up with a video taken over 7 months ago. I understand his possible concerns, but in some circumstances in that video he's misleading us. ETA a little over five minutes in the video I believe was gameplay from over a year ago, he shows this several times alongside with the El Pozelero video, which if you look has it up in the top right hand corner of the screen. His mixing some of those videos by mis-matching them to mislead people.

Here's an updated version of the gameplay map that was shown, that's shown in his footage

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: Stealth Takedown Mission | Gameplay | Ubisoft [NA]
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Okay. Just watched it. That is alpha gameplay they're showing. I remember BF3 when it first came out. Holy crap it was bad with glitches, among other things. Turned out being one of the best games out there.

Also in that guys video he shows video of gameplay taken from over a year ago, and mixes it up with a video taken over 7 months ago. I understand his possible concerns, but in some circumstances in that video he's misleading us. ETA a little over five minutes in the video I believe was gameplay from over a year ago, he shows this several times alongside with the El Pozelero video, which if you look has it up in the top right hand corner of the screen. His mixing some of those videos by mis-matching them to mislead people.

Here's an updated version of the gameplay map that was shown, that's shown in his footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoStMOpRBvQ
View Quote

Please keep in mind that this is Ubisoft and they just pulled this exact same stunt last year with the division. They use an entirely different build with lots of post effects for "gameplay" trailers that are running on top tier PCs and then the closer you get to launch the more actual gameplay you see running on a console. If it looks like you're hoping, then that's great for everybody, but I would fully plan around it looking and playing like the "alpha" footage because it's probably a lot closer to the final build we'll be getting.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Please keep in mind that this is Ubisoft and they just pulled this exact same stunt last year with the division. They use an entirely different build with lots of post effects for "gameplay" trailers that are running on top tier PCs and then the closer you get to launch the more actual gameplay you see running on a console. If it looks like you're hoping, then that's great for everybody, but I would fully plan around it looking and playing like the "alpha" footage because it's probably a lot closer to the final build we'll be getting.
View Quote

As I said I agree, but the guy in the video is manipulating two different videos. I'm still playing division. I still enjoy it. It had it's problems, but what game hasn't?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was going to say the same thing, Ubisoft has used smoke and mirror advertising in the past.  I am hoping that this title lives up to the hype, but will remain optimistic until I see actual pre-release gameplay footage of the final product.

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was going to say the same thing, Ubisoft has used smoke and mirror advertising in the past.  I am hoping that this title lives up to the hype, but will remain optimistic until I see actual pre-release gameplay footage of the final product.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've stopped playing Ghost Recon series after the 3rd one they put out.  I gave them a lot of leeway with the 2nd one, but swore them off by the 3rd game.  Every time they put something out now I just laugh because I know there's a ton of people who will say it sucks, and a number of others will say "well, it looks so amazing! Look at that trailer!" and still a few others will say "it's got problems, so what? Lots of other games have problems too"  .  

I'm too old (and wise?) to pay $60+ for something that I know will leave me disappointed almost instantly. (no wife jokes, please) The conversations of trailer vs. reality have literally been going on since FPS games came to consoles.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Meh.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's also why I gave the beta out in the OP. We're all going to give it a shot before the game releases. I believe it's an open beta without having to buy the game. If it sucks, well then most of us probably won't buy it. Just like the Division, however the Division does have a solid following with lots of players. It's the only game besides BF4 that I play at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Prepare for the graphic downgrades.

Happens with all Ubisoft games.

Watch Dogs, The Division, R6 Siege, FarCry, etc, etc.

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Prepare for the graphic downgrades.

Happens with all Ubisoft games.

Watch Dogs, The Division, R6 Siege, FarCry, etc, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc
View Quote

Ummm While I do agree that they may have downgraded the graphics some, I'm wondering if the two comparisons are with a PC, vs console, and if the graphics are turned down? The animations in the Division are amazing. Haven't played Watchdogs or Far Cry.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I've played rainbow six and the division on both ps4 and on PC with all settings maxed and HD texture pack for R6. Even on PC they look nothing remotely like the "gameplay" shown prior to launch. Ubisoft is pretty famous for doctoring up gameplay vids with post processing effects and renders or even just doing it all in cgi and then claiming it's in game. I'm hoping it's good, but I'd bet money that they're going to reuse the division engine and most of the gameplay. It'll be the division but in the jungle. Hopefully not though. I know the division is in a better place now but they permanently pissed off a large chunk of their player base.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#16]
This game looks really cool, but it also looks (generally) like every single other  Ubisoft open world game to come out for this console generation. IMO the series would be much better off ditching the whole open world garbage* and getting back to its roots. As in games designed like the old ones like Ghost Recon, Jungle Storm and Island Thunder. Those games were awesome. the missions were great, and I loved the unlockable operators. MGRGA

*Disclaimer: I don't hate open world games. Fallout, the Elder Scrolls, and the witcher are arguably my favorite games ever. I just think it's not the right format for Ghost Recon.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ummm While I do agree that they may have downgraded the graphics some, I'm wondering if the two comparisons are with a PC, vs console, and if the graphics are turned down? The animations in the Division are amazing. Haven't played Watchdogs or Far Cry.
View Quote

It states on the YouTube description that the video was recorded on PC @ 1080P on max settings.

I have Rainbow 6 on my PC (Intel i7-6700k, GTX970, 16GB RAM) and can confirm that it looks like shit just like in the video, and nothing like the E3 trailer.

What you see come from the devs or E3 is not what the end user will receive... Period

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It states on the YouTube description that the video was recorded on PC @ 1080P on max settings.

I have Rainbow 6 on my PC (Intel i7-6700k, GTX970, 16GB RAM) and can confirm that it looks like shit just like in the video, and nothing like the E3 trailer.

What you see come from the devs or E3 is not what the end user will receive... Period
View Quote

I don't have rainbow 6 so I'll have to take your word on it. Hopefully this game won't bomb.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've played rainbow six and the division on both ps4 and on PC with all settings maxed and HD texture pack for R6. Even on PC they look nothing remotely like the "gameplay" shown prior to launch. Ubisoft is pretty famous for doctoring up gameplay vids with post processing effects and renders or even just doing it all in cgi and then claiming it's in game. I'm hoping it's good, but I'd bet money that they're going to reuse the division engine and most of the gameplay. It'll be the division but in the jungle. Hopefully not though. I know the division is in a better place now but they permanently pissed off a large chunk of their player base.
View Quote

The sad part is that the very early Alpha looked exactly like the gameplay
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I believe it's an open beta without having to buy the game.
View Quote

Nope...closed beta. After you register it tells you that you will be notified if accepted. Also mentions it in the e-mail they send once you register.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I just hope they move away from the go to this point on the map to reveal everything else in this area type of system
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't have rainbow 6 so I'll have to take your word on it. Hopefully this game won't bomb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If practices like this DON'T lead games to bomb, then these devs are going to keep pulling the same stunts, and games are going to get worse than they already are.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:31:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If practices like this DON'T lead games to bomb, then these devs are going to keep pulling the same stunts, and games are going to get worse than they already are.
View Quote

Honestly, this is why I've moved away from big name AAA titles in recent years.  It's just too formulaic and it only goes to a slightly worse formula each year with almost nothing new to offer...

I will continue to watch this game however as it does show some promise.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#24]
With all due respect, Ubisoft can eat my ass. After years of mediocre offerings The Division and Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (but mostly The Division) have made me disgusted with Ubisoft and I hope that Vivendi is successful in their hostile takover attempt. The Division was the biggest example of bait and switch of this generation and I say this as one of the first people in the world to Platinum it. I do still enjoy Far Cry but I now refuse to pay money for any other games by Ubisoft until they unfuck themselves.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:00:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know the division is in a better place now but they permanently pissed off a large chunk of their player base.
View Quote

I'm mildly irritated that I bought the Gold Edition of The Division and redeemed the season pass like a moron. I knew better than to trust Ubisoft but I did it anyway. Lesson learned and after Platinuming the game I haven't been back. That bridge is burnt.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nope...closed beta. After you register it tells you that you will be notified if accepted. Also mentions it in the e-mail they send once you register.
View Quote

Well hell. Guess I'll tell you guys how it is then. If it sucks, I'll say as much. I'm hoping it doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
With all due respect, Ubisoft can eat my ass. After years of mediocre offerings The Division and Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (but mostly The Division) have made me disgusted with Ubisoft and I hope that Vivendi is successful in their hostile takover attempt. The Division was the biggest example of bait and switch of this generation and I say this as one of the first people in the world to Platinum it. I do still enjoy Far Cry but I now refuse to pay money for any other games by Ubisoft until they unfuck themselves.
View Quote

I'm feeling the same way.  I've been a big fan of the Clancy series, but Ubisoft and the developers have been dropping the ball (i.e. The Division).  I can see GRW being a rinse and repeat game like Far Cry.  The first 4-5 hours are epic and then 6+ hours it starts to get old.  I loved the customization of the GR series with Class builds.

I signed up for the beta and played the GRW contests for a free copy.  I'll wait for reviews before actually purchasing this one.

Ghost Recon (2001)
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I want it. I just don't want it to be a total fuck up that takes them months to fix like the Division. I haven't even attempted to play it since the update.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I signed up for the beta.  Hopefully the whole game can be done solo.  The Division lost me when it forced me to play with other people.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Ubisoft is in the same category as EA.  

I won't buy any more of their products.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I want it. I just don't want it to be a total fuck up that takes them months to fix like the Division. I haven't even attempted to play it since the update.
View Quote

Just curious, how long have you been playing UBI/EA games?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

They stopped doing that. Watch dogs 2 came out with the same graphics as they had been showing. I believe the new head decided to no longer show trailers without attainable graphics.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've stopped playing Ghost Recon series after the 3rd one they put out.  I gave them a lot of leeway with the 2nd one, but swore them off by the 3rd game.  Every time they put something out now I just laugh because I know there's a ton of people who will say it sucks, and a number of others will say "well, it looks so amazing! Look at that trailer!" and still a few others will say "it's got problems, so what? Lots of other games have problems too"  .  

I'm too old (and wise?) to pay $60+ for something that I know will leave me disappointed almost instantly. (no wife jokes, please) The conversations of trailer vs. reality have literally been going on since FPS games came to consoles.
View Quote

The third Ghost Recon was in like 2003
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm feeling the same way.  I've been a big fan of the Clancy series, but Ubisoft and the developers have been dropping the ball (i.e. The Division).  I can see GRW being a rinse and repeat game like Far Cry.  The first 4-5 hours are epic and then 6+ hours it starts to get old.  I loved the customization of the GR series with Class builds.

I signed up for the beta and played the GRW contests for a free copy.  I'll wait for reviews before actually purchasing this one.

Ghost Recon (2001)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EjMuv47Q09A/U16tep8b3cI/AAAAAAAAB2Q/1ZJM8rF-UlE/s1600/Tom+Clancy%2527s+Ghost+Recon+Screenshot+2.jpg
View Quote

I replayed those original games a few months back.. still a blast.  I wish we would return to that style... same with Rainbow 6, though Siege was entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#35]
It kinda reminds me of cooperative Metal Gear Solid 5 (which that game should've freaking had)

I'm interested
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Advanced Warfighter 2 = 2007

But yeah, still a long time ago.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I replayed those original games a few months back.. still a blast.  I wish we would return to that style... same with Rainbow 6, though Siege was entertaining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ghost Recon (2001)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EjMuv47Q09A/U16tep8b3cI/AAAAAAAAB2Q/1ZJM8rF-UlE/s1600/Tom+Clancy%2527s+Ghost+Recon+Screenshot+2.jpg

With as many people who've said this over the years, it's really surprising they haven't done just that.  I'm assuming it's because the current generation drowns these folks out.  Not even that black-something game got off the ground.

Not a terribly huge loss.  I've been a lot more productive since I stopped playing.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not that I REALLY give a shit, but there's no way GRAW 2 was the third installment.

It doesn't really matter, no reason to get into it, I just want the original style back.  I actually really enjoyed Summit Strike on the consoles a decade+ ago.  I played the GRAW's and AW and had fun, but it didn't feel like GR should.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

With as many people who've said this over the years, it's really surprising they haven't done just that.  I'm assuming it's because the current generation drowns these folks out.  Not even that black-something game got off the ground.

Not a terribly huge loss.  I've been a lot more productive since I stopped playing.  
View Quote

Well hopefully when the Beta comes out it's like that. Here's to hope and change.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just curious, how long have you been playing UBI/EA games?
View Quote

Since Xbox circa 2001. I shouldn't bitch too much I have hundreds of hours on The Division, I just lost interest after they decided to take a month to fix issues. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not that I REALLY give a shit, but there's no way GRAW 2 was the third installment.

It doesn't really matter, no reason to get into it, I just want the original style back.  I actually really enjoyed Summit Strike on the consoles a decade+ ago.  I played the GRAW's and AW and had fun, but it didn't feel like GR should.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true. The fun I had on GRAW2 was due to the people I played with, not the game itself.  (PC Master Race until this year)  We dumped it pretty quickly for ARMA if I remember correctly.  That game certainly had its flaws, but none of us felt like those faults were due to greed, if that makes any sense.

The best part about those games were looking at the map, then figuring out where to go, then doing it without borders or blockades.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Wake me up when they make Ravenshield 2 and Ghost Recon 3 that is an actual military shooter with guys in uniforms and not co-op far cry clone.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wake me up when they make Ravenshield 2 and Ghost Recon 3 that is an actual military shooter with guys in uniforms and not co-op far cry clone.
View Quote

From the stand point I'm looking at this kind of looks like a military special OPs shooter. I really hope this games good. Besides BF4, and sometimes the Division gaming has about died for me. I do sometimes still play Rome 2, but meh, I've done about everything on that game. I'm ready for a good modern shooter.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#44]
So according to IGN. Ubisoft is putting a 30 min short movie about the cartel going for an informant inside itself. That's what is suppose to start the game off.

Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So according to IGN. Ubisoft is putting a 30 min short movie about the cartel going for an informant inside itself. That's what is suppose to start the game off.

Looking forward to it.
View Quote
So they are doing it just like the division and it's origin story.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Division didn't have a 30 minute short movie. Maybe 5 minutes. There were a few short clips.

Unless of coarse I missed it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Division didn't have a 30 minute short movie. Maybe 5 minutes. There were a few short clips.

View Quote
Tom Clancy's The Division Agent Origins {Full Length}
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, those 4 Agent Origins videos were cool. They also did the live-action clips (22 of them) for those ISAC missions but randomly stopped doing them before the story was even done. This poor dude was taken hostage 4 months ago and is still a hostage

Here's the full/combined Agent Origins video for those that missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHB3JhQf9bc

Quoted:

See above. It was 4 videos that ultimately tied together for a half hour total. The 22 ISAC live-action clips were like 2 minutes each.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, those 4 Agent Origins videos were cool. They also did the live-action clips (22 of them) for those ISAC missions but randomly stopped doing them before the story was even done. This poor dude was taken hostage 4 months ago and is still a hostage

Here's the full/combined Agent Origins video for those that missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHB3JhQf9bc

See above. It was 4 videos that ultimately tied together for a half hour total. The 22 ISAC live-action clips were like 2 minutes each.
View Quote

Probably stopped because a lot of people stopped playing?

I just can't get into it. I like the concept. I'm hoping wildlands is better.

However for Honor is about to come out and holy shit it looks phenomenal. A buddy of mine played alpha and he said it was one of the best multiplayer games he ever played. Looking forward to that one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#50]
The concept for The Division was fantastic.  The initial E3 video in ~2013 was amazing.  The execution was awful.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top