Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody on this game right now? I'm playing on pc. PM me for steam ID if you're interested in a squad
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The graphics are pretty terrible on Xbox.  Vehicle controls are worse than Grand Theft Auto on the original Xbox.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be on almost all night. Xbox one, same Screenname. In definitely getting it when it comes out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:05:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, just finished playing the beta for the night and I am very satisfied. I think this is pretty much what I was hoping the division would be before it came out. Combat is challenging and fun on hard. Stealth gameplay is tight. Sync shot is handy. Character customization is awesome. Lol @ all the 5.11 dick riding. Cant wait to put in a few more hours after work tomorrow. My only complaints center around petty, dumb stuff. And as usual, the graphics are nice but nowhere as good as they were in the reveal and preview videos from way back when ot was still in development.
View Quote

I absolutely agree. I had high hopes for Division and I think this is what my expectation were. While I still enjoyed the game, I just lost interest.  So far I really like this game, I've been wanting a shooter similar to this where I could stealth around where the enemy don't automatically know your location.

This game will see some play time I just hope they can update it and keep it fun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Ready for arctic warfare

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#6]
After even more playing here are the changes I hope they will make:

1.) Re-do driving to make it more fluid and less janky.
2.) Kind of late, but maybe host instances on servers and not through a host? Opens up potential for future PVP if they wanted to try that. Also doesn't make drop in/drop out a 30 sec - min long affair during a host migration.
3.) I'll make this one optional, there is only so much variety of activities you can have in a shooter. But have more variety in the following things:
- Be able to build or upgrade a base. They had it in the Division and it was a nice touch and distraction that tied in to the core elements.
- Expand upon the factions, this is third world corrupt country setting, you're gonna have more than three factions to deal with. Spice it up with game play benefits depending on your relationship with them.
- Etc...
4.) Add an aiming system for helicopters, can't benefit from mini-guns or rockets unless I can aim!

This game has a lot of potential, just hope they capitalize on it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm disappointed with the gameplay and controls.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I love it. Will buy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I am really torn at this point. I LOVED Ghost Recon Future Soldier and really hoped this would add to the love I had for that game.

I dunno, being 41, I don't really have the time to sink into these open world games and the need to unlock everything.

I love the graphics and while I have played for several hours now, I found things tedious.

I wish the cover system, the AI control wheel, and more important items were not needed to be unlocked (sync shot).

Might pick this up on sale.

On the flip side, I recently purchased the Origin year subscription to their "game vault" and really enjoying SW Battlefront.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure how I feel about this game. It has all the things I'd want in an open world, cooperative shooter; but I just haven't had the desire to play it very much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I want to like it. The driving and aicraft controls are shit. Single player your team mates are liabilities not assets. The team will call out enemies yet they don't pop up on the mini map. Both enemies and teammates will callout/spot when they have no line of sight. When attacking an objective stealthily the enemy somehow automatically knows where you are. Enemy helicopters seemingly spawn directly above you. Playing with other players negates the retarded team AI, so it has that going for it. I really like the weapon progression and the gunsmithing from what we got to see during the beta. I don't think this game is ready to be released, but I'm pretty sure what we got in the beta is what we are going to get when it come release day. 
Overall I'd say the game is meh, but it's in my opinion one of the best games coming out which either says something about the state of (console) gaming or maybe I'm just getting too old to play games.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not sure how I feel about this game. It has all the things I'd want in an open world, cooperative shooter; but I just haven't had the desire to play it very much.
View Quote

I'm hooked on for Honor. That's my biggest problem.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I will be buying it, along with two of my buddies. We had a blast in the beta. This is what the division should have been.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I will be buying it, along with two of my buddies. We had a blast in the beta. This is what the division should have been.
View Quote

Yes but it isn't the division. Its ghost recon and as a ghost recon game outside of weapons customization it fails as a ghost recon game. Don't get me wrong. The game is fun but it isn't a buy for me. Its just tried and true formulas of farcry and mixed in with the division rolled into another IP that people have been wanting a new game for. I haven't tried For Honor. but I feel like ubisoft is getting as lazy as activision is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:27:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll be buying it at midnight. All the funk about it I can live with.  

I can definitely see it being repetitive.   - Go kill this person -Go steal this vehicle- Go blow this up ; rinse/repeat. But, I think it will be fun especially when you have a team of real dudes.

I don't get the Division comparison everyone is making. It wasn't made for Wildlands style gameplay. Ubisoft tried something new and granted it turned out for the worst in my opinion, but, at least they brought something new to the table with some cool gun related shit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Many times.  Lead.  Stop.  Lead.  Stop.  Couldn't get him to follow me, couldn't push him out of the door.  Didnt' matter whether I stealthily took them out or did a frontal assault.

Logged on today and it finally worked, but I had to Lead him first and keep bumping into him to push him out of the cell.  He stopped there and I Stop'd,  Went around him, did Lead again and he finally followed me out of the building and into da choppah!
View Quote

Had this happen to me too (on Xbox) and when my squad mate got near him to make him follow he moved and when i tried to get him to follow he wouldn't. Just an FYI if the don't fix it for the full game.

ETA: My xbox name is the same as my name on here, anyone feel free to add me to play this, I already preordered it ( see y'all in Bolivia)
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I will buy if and when they add the multiplayer.  I am an old school GR player and the main part of the game for me and many others was 8v8 competitive multiplayer on either siege or last man standing.  Was in a clan for a while, gamebattles ladders for xbox.  It was a good time.  Probably some of the best time I've had gaming with a squad other than Arma III Exile and KOTH.

No competitive multiplayer, I may pick it up for 50% or more off.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#18]
4v4 PVP was announced today
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
4v4 PVP was announced today
View Quote

Fuck yes. Now the game has me coming back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I liked the beta a lot.  I'll buy it.  I wish the aiming wasn't so spongy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I liked the beta a lot.  I'll buy it.  I wish the aiming wasn't so spongy.
View Quote

I kind of thought the same thing. I'm going to play with the sensitivity when the game releases. See if that fixes it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I want to like it. The driving and aicraft controls are shit. Single player your team mates are liabilities not assets. The team will call out enemies yet they don't pop up on the mini map. Both enemies and teammates will callout/spot when they have no line of sight. When attacking an objective stealthily the enemy somehow automatically knows where you are. Enemy helicopters seemingly spawn directly above you. Playing with other players negates the retarded team AI, so it has that going for it. I really like the weapon progression and the gunsmithing from what we got to see during the beta. I don't think this game is ready to be released, but I'm pretty sure what we got in the beta is what we are going to get when it come release day. 
Overall I'd say the game is meh, but it's in my opinion one of the best games coming out which either says something about the state of (console) gaming or maybe I'm just getting too old to play games.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:54:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I resent that pain.

I used to love playing games. Been playing them for over 20 years. I'm 36 years old now. Everything is becoming meh now. I'm happy to see For Honor, and hopefully TC: wildlands keeping me occupied. Before that all I was playing was Rome 2.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I resent that pain.

I used to love playing games. Been playing them for over 20 years. I'm 36 years old now. Everything is becoming meh now. I'm happy to see For Honor, and hopefully TC: wildlands keeping me occupied. Before that all I was playing was Rome 2.
View Quote

That's becoming me. I used to get SO excited when new games came out. E3 was like a huge thing that I'd never miss coverage of. Now I hardly get excited for any new game and haven't paid attention to E3 in years
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I pre-ordered Gold Edition in late January through Amazon, got a discount and they had a release day delivery guarantee.

Looked today, fucking game isn't supposed to arrive until Thursday.  What the shit?  E-mailed customer service, they told me something about being out of stock.

Go fuck yourselves, Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Game is ready for predownload on Uplay. Already have it ready to go.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Played beta. Few minor complaints, but all in all I loved it. Played with a friend for hours and had a great time. Anyone playing on Xbox One, feel free to add me. Tag is same as my username here. IMHO, game is MUCH better with real people playing with you, especially if they take it serious and don't do stupid shit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Wildlands is $53 for Steam at the moment though I expect the Uplay-only prices to be $30-40 after the game releases tomorrow for anyone holding off. Rumor has it Wildlands will be available for folks who buy nVidia cards so we'll see even more keys on sites like that driving them down even further.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wildlands is $53 for Steam at the moment though I expect the Uplay-only prices to be $30-40 after the game releases tomorrow for anyone holding off. Rumor has it Wildlands will be available for folks who buy nVidia cards so we'll see even more keys on sites like that driving them down even further.
View Quote

1070 and 1080 has come with a choice of For Honor or Ghost Recon for the past month.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Think I'll get Mass Effect at launch, then catch this on sale after its been optimized/ updated with more content in a month or so.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Think I'll get Mass Effect at launch, then catch this on sale after its been optimized/ updated with more content in a month or so.
View Quote

Lol. You really think that Ubisoft is going to *add* content in a month?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#32]
A buddy and I decided to pre-order the game.  We r hoping it's even 1/2 as good as it sounds.   We have been "stuck' playing bf4 for the longest time (I've been going back and forth with bf4 and fallout).
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

1070 and 1080 has come with a choice of For Honor or Ghost Recon for the past month.
View Quote

Which is good because a 1080 might even out the horrible optimization
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#34]
It's live guys!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Downloading it now, should be good to go when I get home from work.

PSN: Heinlein1911

ETA: Some industrious soul should set up an arfcom community for the game!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Picking it up in a couple of hours and playing tonight,  if xbox allows it...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Picking it up in a couple of hours and playing tonight,  if xbox allows it...https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/156580/20170307-103305-160860.JPG
View Quote

Glad I didn't take today off.  I would not have been happy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Any issues importing the guerrilla game resources?

Mine will hopefully be in the mail when I get back from the gym.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok, mine is downloading.  XB1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Played for a few hours last night! This game is a great beta for the franchise if they continue to develop it. I'm not a fan of how they made a hollow shell of a game (sandbox) and are using it as a way to sell DLC (missions, weapons) but I could see things actually coming together if they make a sequel. The release is about as polished as sandpaper with bugs in almost every interface and interaction and the vehicle system is total trash (and probably not changing at this point) but the gunsmith and environment for basically playing with guns is fun for now. IMHO it needed another 6 months of polishing, at least, just to get the low hanging fruit sorted out. Then there's the actual meat of it like the AI.

I don't see much long term playability from this one but Ubisoft did a nice job of testing new and refining old concepts. It's a total cash grab platform, though.

ETA: Check out the Store. Theres already 30-50 paid items that weren't included in the game.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Installing it right now.

PSN

MyName1sMud

Got to leave for work in a little bit.... but i'll be playing from about 12:30 a.m. til i fall asleep if anyone will be around. come get down!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:26:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Played for a little bit, got my M4 with KAC VFG, An/Peq and a Comp M4.

Required me to run into some pretty difficult areas full of SAMS to get lol
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I ended up Red Boxing the XB1 version and I'm glad I did.  I had to power out first area to fight the CB/OBO repeat.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I had a blast playing last night.  I soloed for the evening as my friends are trying to teach me a lesson for not buying Overwatch and are acting like they are not going to get it.  

One tip I have is get night vision for your drone as your first skill purchase,  I didn't and it made night raids a bitch.

Does anyone know if you can keep vehicles?  I found a hummer with a mini-gun turret that I would like be able to keep and also found a trophy that I wouldn't mind being able to hold on to.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#45]
How's the main story missions?

Is the game worth it for a playthrough of just the story missions?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone else having problems running this on PC? I missed out on the beta so I have no experience with the problems people had with that as I was waiting on parts for my new rig. Problem I am having is that about every two hours of play time the game freezes, then the sound, then I get put to the windows "Blue screen of death" error message page with the code of "clock_watchdog_timeout"  and haven't found any real fixes other then possible removing some apps that control my system stuff(think of Asus AI suite although I have a MSI board). My system had no problem running it at 60-90 FPS on very high settings. Here are my specs-

i7 7700K @ 4.X GHz
GTX 1070 SC
16GB DDR4 Ram

Other then that one problem I have been having fun playing, running solo at the moment as all my friends don't have it yet and the ones that do are busy playing other things, up to level 16 and on the first level 3 area, Madra Coca is the boss. If someone wants to team up my Steam ID is Postman(avatar is same as here) and my Uplay ID is ThePostman49.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone else having problems running this on PC? I missed out on the beta so I have no experience with the problems people had with that as I was waiting on parts for my new rig. Problem I am having is that about every two hours of play time the game freezes, then the sound, then I get put to the windows "Blue screen of death" error message page with the code of "clock_watchdog_timeout"  and haven't found any real fixes other then possible removing some apps that control my system stuff(think of Asus AI suite although I have a MSI board). My system had no problem running it at 60-90 FPS on very high settings. Here are my specs-

i7 7700K @ 4.X GHz
GTX 1070 SC
16GB DDR4 Ram

Other then that one problem I have been having fun playing, running solo at the moment as all my friends don't have it yet and the ones that do are busy playing other things, up to level 16 and on the first level 3 area, Madra Coca is the boss. If someone wants to team up my Steam ID is Postman(avatar is same as here) and my Uplay ID is ThePostman49.
View Quote

What's your tessellation set at?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#48]
How many of you guys are playing on PC?

I really want to try this game, I just don't want this to be like The Division v2. 
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I really want to try this game, I just don't want this to be like The Division v2. 
View Quote

It's nothing like the division other than real guns and gear. Stop comparing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's nothing like the division. Not even made by the same people.

Massive made the division.

That said I finished up my M4A1 today.

M203
Suppressor
30 round mag
T1+G33 magnifier.

Took forever to hunt down all those accessories.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top