Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Y'all 3 PM me your emails....Also you Ubi account names just in case.

Don't know which I'll need and I'll invite y'all when I get off work tonight.

PM don't email me, my email is messed up.
View Quote
Sent. Thanks for key.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
PM sent...thanks a bunch for the key bro!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you guys could post some impressions, much would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Still no email. I guess I'll see if I have a preload for it when I get home.

ETA 1: Just got home. Nothing.

Hmmm when I try to log in to ubisoft on the wildlands page it tells me to put in my email and pw, and it just keeps reloading doing the same thing over and over again.

ETA 2: tried with a different browser. Said I've already registered and I got the invite. Nothing on Uplay. Just the full game.

ETA 3: Okay. It says I wasn't picked to play the beta. I bought the full gold version of the game which said I was guaranteed beta access.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If anyone has an extra Xbox One code that they don't plan on giving to anyone they know I would gladly take it.
View Quote

Plus one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:29:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I got into the closed PC beta. I hope it's good
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:20:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got into the closed PC beta. I hope it's good
View Quote

grats. I still haven't. I don't know if anyone notices but I'm butthurt.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

grats. I still haven't. I don't know if anyone notices but I'm butthurt.
View Quote

I could like send you a beta code

Send me your Uplay
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sent you one of my invites yesterday. Also godzillamax and iamlucky77.
View Quote

I don't see anything....hrmmm...

ETA: seems i'm in after checking this link here but the game doesn't show in the client. Maybe a bug?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Preloading now... on PC.

PM me your Email if you need an invite.  ETA - about to head to work, so I won't be able to send them until 4PM EST ish.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#12]
d/l'ing here now! Thanks DJ

(Joglee= PM sent to pass the key along to someone else)
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm bummed, stuck home from work sick as a dog, would love to be playing this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The game is kind of glitchy; but I can confirm it is fun as hell. It's basically MGS5 cooperative, which is what I wanted.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The game is kind of glitchy; but I can confirm it is fun as hell. It's basically MGS5 cooperative, which is what I wanted.
View Quote

Agreed...not optimized well at all either. To be expected with a a beta I guess...
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got an email with a code for PS4. Let me see if I can get some friend codes.

ETA: yup, says I can give 3 codes out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got an email with a code for PS4. Let me see if I can get some friend codes
View Quote

PS4 here Ubisoft vajeep98   Would love a hookup!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Agreed...not optimized well at all either. To be expected with a a beta I guess...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, I don't know how much polishing they'll get done in the next few weeks.  That's disappointing to hear.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#19]
A lot of threads on Reddit saying that same.  I haven't played yet, and I'm already extremely disappointed.  I was hoping The Division would be a game I could play for years, and I gave up 3 months after launch.  I was hoping this would entertain me for at least a year or two, and it sounds like it has the same damn optimization issues ARMA 3 has.

Damnit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I have 3 codes for PS4, so message me your uplay account name and I will sign you up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have 3 codes for PS4, so message me your uplay account name and I will sign you up.
View Quote

Sent. ??
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A lot of threads on Reddit saying that same.  I haven't played yet, and I'm already extremely disappointed.  I was hoping The Division would be a game I could play for years, and I gave up 3 months after launch.  I was hoping this would entertain me for at least a year or two, and it sounds like it has the same damn optimization issues ARMA 3 has.

Damnit.
View Quote

It's surprisingly playable at 40fps, or maybe that's console nostalgia talking

It is extremely fun, though.

5.11 must've given them a lot of money, because half of the items in the game are 5.11 branded
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sent. ??
View Quote

Done. you should get the email and instructions soon. 2 left
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you bro!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thank you bro!
View Quote

You are welcome man!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's surprisingly playable at 40fps, or maybe that's console nostalgia talking

It is extremely fun, though.

5.11 must've given them a lot of money, because half of the items in the game are 5.11 branded
View Quote
*Factoring in that this is beta*
I started up at 6am EST with no issues.  The game ran with no hiccups.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
*Factoring in that this is beta*
I started up at 6am EST with no issues.  The game ran with no hiccups.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Thanks for the info. At this point would you put it into the buy category?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Message sent!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. At this point would you put it into the buy category?
View Quote
At the moment. No. If I do, it would only be the Standard Edition.
- I found my self gravitating towards my Xbox controller for this game, so I'd like to try the Xbox One version.  Gameplay went smoother IMO without the keyboard/mouse.
- I prefer solo R6/GR games over multiplayer.  I think this game would be better with friends. 
- Performance issues can always be fixed with a patch, but AI fixes almost never get completed or revamped.
- I don't mind the Ubisoft rinse and repeat, but I know I'll get bored and never finish the game.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Ha, I have the invite! Kek came through!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Any PS4 Invites left?

Blackhalo1098 is my Uplay

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks again man!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Games kind of fun, for my first Ghost Recon experience.  The gun play is decent and plentiful choices.  I like the in game friends list, hit info on a player and it shows their stats, and their game play style.  I saw; Gunslinger, Scout, Gurkha, Overwatch, so far.

Very similar to the Division with the map and side missions.  Even searching for intel, etc.  The skill leveling is kind of interesting you get skill points but also have to help the rebels by marking stuff they can use.  And can only skill up if you have both skill points and points in the right rebel help category.

The worst thing that I can see happening is the same type of thing that happened in the Division.  Once those that can play more often move on from an area, finding friends to join with will get less and less.  Although I have not played enough to see how the instance thing works.  That was my biggest gripe with the Division.  Joining friends that were too high a level and only being able to see their maps(negating any chance to do missions I needed) basically hiding behind cover from overpowered enemies, SUCKED!

This could be a good game if they really found a way to keep everyone on the same instance and not scale enemies to gear levels and such.

ETA - Still have my 3 invites for PC if anyone needs one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Buddy got the email at 5am. Downloading now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Started the download and went to sleep as soon as I got home around 10am... WTF it's only halfway done!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Seriously feels like a The Division clone with a different skin/theme.

Not a bad thing, but very, very much The Division.

Played through the story mission and the side missions in the beta, was fun, lots of bugs and glitches, animations that need to be fixed.

Was fun, but not much to do.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Seriously feels like a The Division clone with a different skin/theme.

Not a bad thing, but very, very much The Division.

Played through the story mission and the side missions in the beta, was fun, lots of bugs and glitches, animations that need to be fixed.

Was fun, but not much to do.
View Quote

Are the enemies bullet sponges like in the division?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Started the download and went to sleep as soon as I got home around 10am... WTF it's only halfway done!
View Quote
PS4?

ETA: just saw your earlier post. Try pausing the DL then resume. 
Seemed to fix it for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are the enemies bullet sponges like in the division?
View Quote

Surprisingly not all of them.

If they have armor on (purple faction guys) they can take some hits unless you have a big gun.  

The normal guys die damn near instantly.  Headshots are 1 hit kills.

It's just the way they set the game up.  It plays damn near identically to The Division.  The way you move, the way you interact.  The missions/side missions, it's all damn near a clone.

I don't know why they didn't put in jump though lol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Getting terrible performance. 5820k and 980Ti. Anybody know if there are new drivers out?

I have a 3440x1440 monitor so that may have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally got it installed. Didn't get to play a mission but spent almost an hour going through all the character customization options, as well as all the gear, weapons, skills, etc.

I like what I see.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Do you have to unlock interegation?  I have not been prompted to do it on anyone I have grabbed?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
At the moment. No. If I do, it would only be the Standard Edition.
- I found my self gravitating towards my Xbox controller for this game, so I'd like to try the Xbox One version.  Gameplay went smoother IMO without the keyboard/mouse.
- I prefer solo R6/GR games over multiplayer.  I think this game would be better with friends. 
- Performance issues can always be fixed with a patch, but AI fixes almost never get completed or revamped.
- I don't mind the Ubisoft rinse and repeat, but I know I'll get bored and never finish the game.
View Quote

So basically it is a FarCry game without all the stupid story just for the sake of being stupid.

I loved how Farcry 4 had magic disappearing bullets.   About 240 units of measure away and you were too far to shoot a target.   Take two steps closer and suddenly your bullet would hit them.

Gaming has taken such a collosal turn for the worse over the past 5 years.

One of the greatest tactical shooters was the Novalogic Delta Force series even if Voxels made your eyes bleed.

Now we have consoles many times more powerful than my old P3 866 that ran DF2.    Yet here we are with bullshit game play and a focus simply on graphics thanks to lazy as shit game design.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Getting terrible performance. 5820k and 980Ti. Anybody know if there are new drivers out?

I have a 3440x1440 monitor so that may have something to do with it.
View Quote

4790k and 980ti here. According to the in game benchmark I am averaging about 45FPS on very high, 2560x1440. Game is not optimized well at all! As for drivers...when I checked this AM, no new ones released as of yet.

I might get this game after launch once reviews start to roll out. From what I see now...no way I am gonna commit.

and before anyone says it...I know it's a beta. I've played betas that were MUCH better then what we have here. I would go out on a limb and say that the Division beta played much better for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I like it, its similar to the division but with the controls being different it took me a bit to get adjusted, they really need a dive/combat roll.

You can only interogate certain people in a mission, theyll usually have a distance marker above them.

It seemed that in co op it will be the number of players and no AI, so you can roll with just 2 or 3.

I dont think the enemies level up along with you like the division, theres not all the DPS and toughness that you have to keep upgrading so everybody stays the same you just unlock better gear?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

4790k and 980ti here. According to the in game benchmark I am averaging about 45FPS on very high, 2560x1440. Game is not optimized well at all! As for drivers...when I checked this AM, no new ones released as of yet.

I might get this game after launch once reviews start to roll out. From what I see now...no way I am gonna commit.

and before anyone says it...I know it's a beta. I've played betas that were MUCH better then what we have here. I would go out on a limb and say that the Division beta played much better for me.
View Quote

Just ran mybenchmark on Very High 3440x1440. 29.42 FPS. Intel 5820k and 980Ti

Running it on low gets me 59.75 FPS
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy SHIT...that's not cool at all!!! Yeah...this game needs to be tweaked in a serious way before release or it won't be doing very well...
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Who can hook a brother up with a PC beta code?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Who can hook a brother up with a PC beta code?
View Quote

What's your Uplay?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top