BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No way that's a bug, since oif you try to manually save, it specifically says "the game automatically saves during priority missions" or something to that effect.  Just a bad design choice.

Another bad design choice - having to scroll through to the number you want when selling items.  Say I've got like 1,500 angaran meditation crystals, or 800 omnigel canisters.  Since I'll never use that much of any item I want to sell most, but not all of them. But instead of being able to manually enter the number I want to sell, or using a slider system like fallout, it instead forces me to hold down my mouse button forever as I watch the numbers tick down to the number I want to sell.  When you are trying to sell, say, half of your 800 pieces, it takes FOREVER.  Garbage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just happy that Bioware said they are working on a save during priority missions.  Somehow that bug got through QC as they thought it was intended.  (IMO ass covering) 
No way that's a bug, since oif you try to manually save, it specifically says "the game automatically saves during priority missions" or something to that effect.  Just a bad design choice.

Another bad design choice - having to scroll through to the number you want when selling items.  Say I've got like 1,500 angaran meditation crystals, or 800 omnigel canisters.  Since I'll never use that much of any item I want to sell most, but not all of them. But instead of being able to manually enter the number I want to sell, or using a slider system like fallout, it instead forces me to hold down my mouse button forever as I watch the numbers tick down to the number I want to sell.  When you are trying to sell, say, half of your 800 pieces, it takes FOREVER.  Garbage.
I know.  Like I said, ass covering.

But yeah, I freaking hope that they fix that store thing.  Retarded choice given that you can easily pick up a couple hundred of one mineral exploring a planet for a couple minutes.  Fuck knows I have thousands and thousands of some, but it's too much of a hassle to sell 3/4 of it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well, to be honest I'm just trying to finish the story so I can stop... but I keep playing because I find this game unintentionally hilarious.

It is a special kind of mediocre that shows someone really, really tried at some point to make a good game... but then either due to time constraints, lack of ability, interference or just plain incompetence they messed up several key parts of it. And yet despite that some parts of it shine... like the whole Halal blue Endor planet. That was a good, tight level that had the right amount of things to do in it, spaced out just enough that you felt like you were exploring a dense map without all the undue labor of driving around through vast voids of nothing. It felt like classic Bioware.

And that is part of me keeps hoping it will somehow turn things around. That despite all the glitches, goofs, messed up aspects and clunky unnecessary shit that has come so far, there are still parts of it that are pretty good. As if it was simply masking the greater good hiding behind all the junk. And another tiny part of me is trying to relive that pure fun I had playing ME1 for the first time... because somewhere behind the dead, doll's eyes of this game is a glimmer of an actually pretty good game... If it would just get out of its own way that is.

And also because I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as unconditional fanboyism. I tear to shreds everything I enjoy... just wander into the Walking Dead thread sometime to really watch me get mean.
View Quote
I get that.  It's not the way i think, but the world would be a boring and screwed up place if everyone thought like me.

And i do understand being hypercritical of that which you see so much squandered potential.  I ran into one last night after my post while i was just starting to explore Voeld.  Why do they have this need to create hidden missions?  Why is it that i find things, and SAM tells me i need to find a few more to pinpoint a signal location, which i know will start a mission, yet you need to be secretive of the fact that gathering those items is the first step in the mission?  You don't have to tell me their location, as the reality is that you wouldn't know, you find them as you explore, but can't you at least put a Task in the journal as a reminder that i'm looking for Kett monitoring devices, or Angaran bodies, or Angaran tech, or Kett devices at Remnant locations?  All 4 of those are side quests on Voeld.  Each is something separate, yet they feel the stupid need to make me have to remember that i'm looking for those items, and not forget that i need to keep looking until i find enough for the quest log to actually trigger because SAM triangulated a location.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Oh god...

So Ryder's sister just woke up and I'm having a serious conversation with her about their father.  Suddenly, her lips are forming the words of the conversation but it's the male Ryder's voice and lines.

Despite the problems and glitches with the game, I'm still really liking it.  I hope to god they make a sequel, because most of the problems with this game really could be fixed in a second iteration.  Whether they *will* get fixed or not or not is up in the air, but it's at least something I'd like to see them attempt.
View Quote
When I was talking to her through SAM while she was still in a coma, her mouth moved with the words she was speaking during one line of dialogue and a verbal "what the fuck" came out of my mouth
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I did the "talk to your Shrek sister in a coma" thing and didn't have any problems, outside of her pained "having a really bad BM" facial contortions. Most of the time the conversational bits work ok for me, mocap and facial animation aside, except for one.

When I did that mission on Hoth were you have to go help the Australian-Caribbean Squid person (I really wish they would have picked an accent and stuck with it) suicide jockey raid the Kett base, I beat the base before I even saw him... he came running up after the deed was done, and I talked to him about the burning base we needed to attack. He stood there with his crossed hands (because the mocap for crossed arms doesn't work on the squid people) so I talked to him again to finish the quest and he just walks away from me while talking to me... and I'm standing there staring at the snow in complete silence for a full minute waiting for the dialog options to come up so I can finish the conversation and get on with things.

Edit: I also find it odd that they have two totally different "talking" cut scene styles. The fixed two camera back and forth, and the slow zoom in free camera type that lets you manually pan around. Since I'm on PC in ultrawide it is obnoxious because the fixed two camera type cause black bars to appear on the sides of the screen but the slow zoom free type don't.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Neutralizing the Kett vase on Voeld was infuriating playing on the second to highest difficulty. You can't save your game as it doesn't auto save until you've cleared probably a dozen different groups of enemies, quite a few of which will spawn in front of you and kill you before you can react. I probably died fifteen times before I got inside the hangar and it saved.
View Quote
I just finished that mission and it was infuriating. I would go upstairs, look around for a second, then BLAM im getting hit at all sides from dudes who appeared out of nowhere. :(
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just finished that mission and it was infuriating. I would go upstairs, look around for a second, then BLAM im getting hit at all sides from dudes who appeared out of nowhere. :(
View Quote
So a normal Wednesday night for you?

sorry, couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
New APEX Mission Brief... introducing, the Kett's new super soldier, a Krogan!

MASS EFFECT™: ANDROMEDA – APEX Mission Brief 02: “Something's Gone Berserk”

He looks fucking badass!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 An someone embed please? They built youngetting called out for stolen valor of you wear N7 armor. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XIGvMlZYjcs
View Quote
Happened to me last night.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Lip syncing for me has been pretty much spot on.  I did have one time on Eos, and i believe it was Addison, right after you setup the Outpost, who was talking and her lips weren't moving.... then she stopped talking and her lips start flapping while there's silence.

Other than that, no real issues.

Now, out of sequence dialogue.... that happens a lot, though i think it's mostly related to the game being awash with bugs that allow you to complete steps in tasks/quests earlier than you should be able to.   IE: The seismic hammers on Eos that lead to the Architect.   You're supposed to talk to the settlers first, but the game is bugged and will let you set down the final hammer prior to talking to them (the quest icon on the map is at the settler camp, but if you go to the remnant location first to clear it, it will prompt you to set the hammer, even though you should wait)  I didn't wait and the dialogue sequences got all jacked up and i had to jump through a bunch of hoops, just to complete the final steps of the quest.  The Architect itself is also really buggy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lip syncing for me has been pretty much spot on.  I did have one time on Eos, and i believe it was Addison, right after you setup the Outpost, who was talking and her lips weren't moving.... then she stopped talking and her lips start flapping while there's silence.

Other than that, no real issues.

Now, out of sequence dialogue.... that happens a lot, though i think it's mostly related to the game being awash with bugs that allow you to complete steps in tasks/quests earlier than you should be able to.   IE: The seismic hammers on Eos that lead to the Architect.   You're supposed to talk to the settlers first, but the game is bugged and will let you set down the final hammer prior to talking to them (the quest icon on the map is at the settler camp, but if you go to the remnant location first to clear it, it will prompt you to set the hammer, even though you should wait)  I didn't wait and the dialogue sequences got all jacked up and i had to jump through a bunch of hoops, just to complete the final steps of the quest.  The Architect itself is also really buggy.
View Quote
Architects are one of the worst enemies I've ever fought in a game. They're like the dragons from DA:I but a lot more buggy. I'll dodge its attacks for five minutes before a leg will open or the mouth will open. Only to get stuck on a wall and die when it uses the AOE of death. Or worse... fighting the architect on hoth last night and I forgot to pay attention to the life support on my suit and I froze to death in the middle of the fight.

My primary complaint about the archs is the length of time between being able to hit it instead of waiting and dodging.

Ad for the rest of the game, I am enjoying it so far (just finished hoth ).
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#11]
The Architects are a good example of a large scale enemy that you should be fighting with a Mako style vehicle attack, like the Thresher Maws of the first game.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Architects are a good example of a large scale enemy that you should be fighting with a Mako style vehicle attack, like the Thresher Maws of the first game.
View Quote
While I mostly disagree with you about your previous comments about the nomad (I really like it personally, aside from no armament), this is one where I absolutely agree.  Architects are the thresher maws of this game, and fighting them on foot is dumb.  I suppose BW thought of them more like the dragons from inquisition, but this is like the 28th century; no one needs to do that shit on foot anymore.

I will be shocked if they don't add a gun to the vehicle in the sequel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't get myself to play anymore. I don't know how far in the game I am, maybe 25-30 hours or so.

I was actually pretty impressed with the game in the beginning but the more I play the more I notice the flaws and it just seems like a grind and really repetitive to me. The story doesn't interest me much. None of the dialogue options are interesting. There's glitches all over the place which become more apparent the further I get into the game. And it gets tiring having to drive the Nomad over long distances to reach objects on the empty planets. It feels like a time filler.

It seems like only CJ Projekt Red knows how to make a proper RPG these days. Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 comes out soon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Took me about 60 hours to complete nearly everything. Explored almost all star systems to 100%. Finished I would guess a vast majority of side quests. Companion quests etc...
Didn't play on hardest difficulty though.

After 60 hours I wanted to be done. What made me angry was how many side quests there were that were just fetch quests. That paired with the unneccsary travel between planets fluff scenes really made it aggrevating. If I want to fast travel from
Eos to Voeld to a specific forward station, I should be able to do that with minimal load times.

Also, I wish you could build your own outposts in a Fallout 4-esk way. Add in dynamic events while you're on a planet, and that would be so great. Would have given more incentive to get resources, also would've shot up with worthwhile play hours.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
While I mostly disagree with you about your previous comments about the nomad (I really like it personally, aside from no armament), this is one where I absolutely agree.  Architects are the thresher maws of this game, and fighting them on foot is dumb.  I suppose BW thought of them more like the dragons from inquisition, but this is like the 28th century; no one needs to do that shit on foot anymore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree with both of you guys on this.  I found the thresher maw fights to be ridiculously boring.  Drive around it in a circle.... bang bang until it's dead.  No real thrill there.  The actual levels where you used the Mako to assault something were much better.  In that same sense, i much prefer the ground based fight with the architect where i actually have to dodge, move around, find cover, etc.  Much better than driving in circles.

That said, the architect fights (or at least the single one i've done so far) are very buggy, so that does detract from the overall experience.   That and the fact that you kill this uber monster and when you loot it's body in space you get resources that wouldn't even allow you to manufacture a single lousy gun.

That's probably my biggest complaint of the game.... cool crafting system that lets you make all sorts of guns and armor.... and you NEVER use it because resources are horribly limited and the quantity required to make something is drastically excessive.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't really fault the crafting system except the whole "have to build a new one to build an upgraded one" hitch.

Every Mass Effect game has had one or two really limited resources that always peeved you off with a bunch of other resources that you have a billion of. At least in this game you can recycle your shit pickup weapons to recover rare stuff. I always seem to be running out of element zero, and when you recycle a gun it gives you 2 or 3 element zero so pretty soon you are refilled. I'll also buy every resource item shops have, usually because I have like a billion dollars on hand. This game doesn't give you any maintenance items to spend your money on (like ship fuel, probes, etc.) so my Ryder is walking around with a briefcase of cash all the time.

Then again I'm only like level 26 or 27 and I've been using mostly "found" armor with "found" (or no) mods. I've only built three weapons and their upgrades (the Asari sword, the Carnifex pistol and the Valkyrie rifle... the only weapons I carry). I'm trying to find a Sandstorm rifle (or the blueprint for one) to see if I like it better than the Valkyrie. I don't like bullet hose weapons, the sniper rifles have too slow of a ROF and the shotguns necessitate too close of an engagement range for my tastes (which is why I like the Asari sword, it gives you biotic dash without having it).

Last night I decided to dump nearly all my resources into upgrading the Blomad to see if it lessened the suck only to find the mass expenditure grants you only marginal improvements.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can't get myself to play anymore. I don't know how far in the game I am, maybe 25-30 hours or so.

I was actually pretty impressed with the game in the beginning but the more I play the more I notice the flaws and it just seems like a grind and really repetitive to me. The story doesn't interest me much. None of the dialogue options are interesting. There's glitches all over the place which become more apparent the further I get into the game. And it gets tiring having to drive the Nomad over long distances to reach objects on the empty planets. It feels like a time filler.

It seems like only CJ Projekt Red knows how to make a proper RPG these days. Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 comes out soon.
View Quote
It's pretty sad when a "bunch of Slavs in a sweatshop" know how to make a much better story than big name American companies.

Which reminds me, I'm going to get started on NG+ and play Witcher 3 again, only this time I'll see how the Triss Romance plays out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Andromeda spoiler-free speculation on the ending of ME3: So say you pick the control option at the end of ME3. Shepard's mind/essence now controls the Reapers, and they are rebuilding the galaxy. I figure it wouldn't be long before he sends at least a few of them to Andromeda to help them as well. Since the Reapers are millions of years old, I'm sure 600 to get to Andromeda would be a blink of an eye to them, and it would only be about 30-35 years max for the people in Andromeda before the new reapers show up ready to kick some Kett ass.
View Quote
Not a chance of that happening. Andromeda is completely divorced from ME3 and they also refuse to pick and cannon ending to ME3.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]
So I might be the only one but I really like the Nomad. I think it looks badass and it easily handles the most realisticly of any of the ME ground vehicles so far. I like the 4WD/2WD mode too. And apparently I'm not the only one.

At first it really annoyed me until I figured it out. I also upgraded 2 things on it so far. I upgraded the booth and the hover functions. The upgraded versions are easily 2x as powerful. It makes sense to me that I can either have high speed or high traction but not really both at the same time.

Also, in 4WD mode + upgraded boost, I can climb some ridiculous grades.

I also got this cache on EOS that I used my nomad to boost-jump onto this rock, and then I had to stop it witout the nomad falling off, get out, and then jump-glide over to open it. I spent a 1/2 hour trying but it was pretty challenging and fun.

I also like Halrvyryvl  even though I was supposed to hate that planet. I didn't. Even Voeld was annoying at first but once I got used to it wasn't bad at all.  

I think I might want to respect again because I clearly didn't quite choose my powers correct, AGAIN.  I am playing a pure biotic pretty much. I use pistols and assault rifles. Pretty soon, I think I'll just use pistols alone.
Pull is OK but Singularity is way better.  Shockwave is awesome. The shield thing (backlash?) is very useful.  I almost have lance fully upgraded and it's kind of lackluster - but being able to detonate combos 2 ways is really nice.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I can't really fault the crafting system except the whole "have to build a new one to build an upgraded one" hitch.

Every Mass Effect game has had one or two really limited resources that always peeved you off with a bunch of other resources that you have a billion of. At least in this game you can recycle your shit pickup weapons to recover rare stuff. I always seem to be running out of element zero, and when you recycle a gun it gives you 2 or 3 element zero so pretty soon you are refilled. I'll also buy every resource item shops have, usually because I have like a billion dollars on hand. This game doesn't give you any maintenance items to spend your money on (like ship fuel, probes, etc.) so my Ryder is walking around with a briefcase of cash all the time.

Then again I'm only like level 26 or 27 and I've been using mostly "found" armor with "found" (or no) mods. I've only built three weapons and their upgrades (the Asari sword, the Carnifex pistol and the Valkyrie rifle... the only weapons I carry). I'm trying to find a Sandstorm rifle (or the blueprint for one) to see if I like it better than the Valkyrie. I don't like bullet hose weapons, the sniper rifles have too slow of a ROF and the shotguns necessitate too close of an engagement range for my tastes (which is why I like the Asari sword, it gives you biotic dash without having it).

Last night I decided to dump nearly all my resources into upgrading the Blomad to see if it lessened the suck only to find the mass expenditure grants you only marginal improvements.
View Quote
That's pretty much my load out as well.  Valkyrie as primary that I use 90% of the time, with a Carnifex and Asari sword.  I had used the Kett Zalkin,  which serves pretty much the same purpose, though works slightly different than the Valkyrie.  The only difference in my load out is i also carry a Piranha for the big bad armored guys.  Full auto chug through a mag on that decimates just about anything.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been using the black widow as my primary, shooting from a distance, and the revenant for when things get super close.

So far the map that has actually reminded me the most of ME1's design was the low-gravity planet.  You had pockets of interest here and there, and the vehicle was simply a way to get from point A to point B, with some nice skyboxes to keep you company and the ability to goof around on the map.  Really reminded me of some of ME1's planet maps.  Having it be more open and barren kind of lends itself well to actually feeling like you are in the vastness of space, and not just in some slightly futuristic version of the Sahara or Antarctica.  ME1 did a great job of making you feel just how big and lonely space would be.  The later trilogy games, and Andromeda (that one planet aside), really don't give me that sense, for the most part.

I wish they'd give me more moments of feeling like I did when I saw this kind of thing:

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#22]
April 4th they're releasing info about updates to the game that are inbound.

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/847244079159103488/photo/1
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#23]
How come my weapon augmentations go away and aren't selectable when crafting?

I have all these when no aug is applied.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Then if I apply one these are my only options now.

WTF?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Speaking of vehicles, did anyone else like that hover tank Cerberus came up with in ME2? I thought it was pretty sick. You can't strafe in a wheeled vehicle
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Speaking of vehicles, did anyone else like that hover tank Cerberus came up with in ME2? I thought it was pretty sick. You can't strafe in a wheeled vehicle
View Quote
The Hammerhead.

It was fun-ish, but very underutilized... mostly because it was a DLC thing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

WTF?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86739/IMAG0257-178466.JPG
View Quote
With the rarer colors of augmentations, you can only apply one aug in that type, e.g. only 1 gun projectile aug per crafted item.  The silver colored ones are the only ones that are unlimited in how many you can use, IIRC.

The descriptions usually say something to the effect of "you can only apply 1 Aug of this type" or similar.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With the rarer colors of augmentations, you can only apply one aug in that type, e.g. only 1 gun projectile aug per crafted item.  The silver colored ones are the only ones that are unlimited in how many you can use, IIRC.

The descriptions usually say something to the effect of "you can only apply 1 Aug of this type" or similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86739/IMAG0257-178466.JPG

Unless they patched it, I can still choose multiple ultra-rare augments for items.  Will check when I get some free time.  I am on xbox though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Found all the arks... man, those missions were fun! Tough choices we made

I don't want this game to end. I 100% everything up until that finding the archon mission. Hit level 50 and all... hopefully there's a lot more to come!

Edit: just completed the PeeBee relationship line... did not disappoint!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#31]
While I'm really enjoying the single player thus far, I can't believe after 5 years the coop mode is just a retread of ME3's, complete with the worst-in-gaming RNG card progression system. I've only gotten one character to 20 and I'm already losing the desire to play it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate to say it, but I am really not enjoying the game any more.  I just can't get into it.  I loved 2 and 3 and played through them at least twice each.  I didn't like 1 as much, but still put a ton of time into it.  Andromeda just bores me.  I really don't care about any of the characters and I don't feel engrossed by the story.  I'll play for an hour or so and then turn it off out of boredom.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hate to say it, but I am really not enjoying the game any more.  I just can't get into it.  I loved 2 and 3 and played through them at least twice each.  I didn't like 1 as much, but still put a ton of time into it.  Andromeda just bores me.  I really don't care about any of the characters and I don't feel engrossed by the story.  I'll play for an hour or so and then turn it off out of boredom.
View Quote
I feel like a lot of this has to do with planet design.  The open world planets leave lots of space for you to roam around in, but it also means you spend a lot of time just wandering around looking for nooks and crannies where they hid stuff.  If you're not the type to enjoy that sort of "detective" work, then it's going to get boring very quickly.  Kadara is somewhat better in that it's all canyons so driving is a fairly linear progression from one camp to another.

I think part of the issue is also that you don't know when you're going to get hit with a horrible bug that just totally screws up your experience.  The game has so many that you're just sitting there waiting for something to happen. I did the Architect and Kett base on Voeld, hit basically zero bugs, but spent the entire time in both fights waiting for something to get screwed up, which kind of ruins the mood.

I will also say that the boss fights are not very balanced.  They heavily favor someone who setup a long range character with target seeking, long range attack powers.   If your play style includes charge, debuffs or similar, then you're left with plinking away while the fight takes forever to accomplish.  Charge is probably my favorite power, but because of the Peebee bug, it's basically unusable with the party layout i prefer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Hmm, it's good to see what they have got rolling out in this first patch, addresses some of the gripes I've had, though we'll see how far they go with these improvements. but the "improvements to male Ryder romance options" is interesting.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Hearing about all these fixes to single-player is bitter sweet I only have the last story mission left to do and already finished all the loyalty quests.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I just spent five minutes trying to figure out how to get off that asteroid planet.

For the life of me I never saw them mention the whole "Hold T to return to Tempest" command... I eventually found it searching the control layout looking for a way to do it.

And that patch cannot come soon enough. I've been encountering more and more bugs and glitches the deeper I get into the game. My Ryder just walked around the Tempest talking to people in his "helmet voice", blond butch chick was standing in the cargo bay in T pose, and for some reason on the earlier mentioned asteroid planet slowly driving up to the big crevasse (in no way showing any sign of driving into it) kept generating fear-induced screams from my team. I was just slowly poking along the edge of it and all I heard were Vetra and Drack screaming in fear and chiding me for driving recklessly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hmm, it's good to see what they have got rolling out in this first patch, addresses some of the gripes I've had, though we'll see how far they go with these improvements. but the "improvements to male Ryder romance options" is interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's because of all the SJW bullshit.

I wouldn't mind it so much if you could tell guys hitting on you to fuck off to let them know you like pussy and aren't OK with their advances.  Yes game I get it, this guy is a homo, but I still have to talk to him because I'm the captain of this ship and I'd like to be able to do that without a romance option in every fucking dialogue.

I'm curious how they're going to "fix" this.

Are they going to make current characters gay?  

I really hope it's the Salarian pilot......

Just to see the reaction from all the "make Jal bi" twitter people.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's because of all the SJW bullshit.

I wouldn't mind it so much if you could tell guys hitting on you to fuck off to let them know you like pussy and aren't OK with their advances.  Yes game I get it, this guy is a homo, but I still have to talk to him because I'm the captain of this ship and I'd like to be able to do that without a romance option in every fucking dialogue.

I'm curious how they're going to "fix" this.

Are they going to make current characters gay?  

I really hope it's the Salarian pilot......

Just to see the reaction from all the "make Jal bi" twitter people.
View Quote
My guess would be Liam, and probably Jaal too, just because they're like that.  I don't think their SJW-ness ruined the game, the real reasons for it have now started to come out, but you can definitely feel that tone in certain interactions, which makes me roll my eyes.

I would have to say that the thing i'm probably most disgusted by is their clear SJW statement, "We wanted the women to be more... realistic" IE: They purposefully made them ugly so they wouldn't be overtly sexualized.   Which is retarded.  Okay... you don't want them to have big boobs and tiny waists, fine.  That doesn't mean you had to make it virtually impossible to make a beautiful woman.

Hopefully the rest of the industry learns from this, that when you let SJW attitudes rule your game, it makes for a gaming experience that even SJWs dislike.

ETA: All that said, Peebee did proposition me last night, and i had a hard time saying no.... but regardless of promises to be discrete, i just know she'd blurt it to Cora at some point.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I tried getting into this game but it's just getting really boring. Just can't make a connection with the characters like I had with the first 3. There is little to no real character development or emotion.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My guess would be Liam, and probably Jaal too, just because they're like that.  I don't think their SJW-ness ruined the game, the real reasons for it have now started to come out, but you can definitely feel that tone in certain interactions, which makes me roll my eyes.

I would have to say that the thing i'm probably most disgusted by is their clear SJW statement, "We wanted the women to be more... realistic" IE: They purposefully made them ugly so they wouldn't be overtly sexualized.   Which is retarded.  Okay... you don't want them to have big boobs and tiny waists, fine.  That doesn't mean you had to make it virtually impossible to make a beautiful woman.

Hopefully the rest of the industry learns from this, that when you let SJW attitudes rule your game, it makes for a gaming experience that even SJWs dislike.

ETA: All that said, Peebee did proposition me last night, and i had a hard time saying no.... but regardless of promises to be discrete, i just know she'd blurt it to Cora at some point.
View Quote
I went and decided to go for both I will let you know if Peebee....or the reporter blabs when i get there
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think that's where they fucked up. I can appreciate what they were going for, but by the same token I don't play fantasy/sci fi RPGs for realism. If I want real life I have real life right outside the door.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think that's where they fucked up. I can appreciate what they were going for, but by the same token I don't play fantasy/sci fi RPGs for realism. If I want real life I have real life right outside the door.
View Quote
Maybe they were marketing the game towards basement dwellers? 
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've been using the black widow as my primary, shooting from a distance, and the revenant for when things get super close.

So far the map that has actually reminded me the most of ME1's design was the low-gravity planet.  You had pockets of interest here and there, and the vehicle was simply a way to get from point A to point B, with some nice skyboxes to keep you company and the ability to goof around on the map.  Really reminded me of some of ME1's planet maps.  Having it be more open and barren kind of lends itself well to actually feeling like you are in the vastness of space, and not just in some slightly futuristic version of the Sahara or Antarctica.  ME1 did a great job of making you feel just how big and lonely space would be.  The later trilogy games, and Andromeda (that one planet aside), really don't give me that sense, for the most part.

I wish they'd give me more moments of feeling like I did when I saw this kind of thing:

https://nambulous.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/masseffect-2009-12-22-mako-planet-4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WP98Ug7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f3AY0Rt.jpg
View Quote
Oh God yes. There's a reason ME1 got replayed like 7 times over the years while none of the follow-ups have. That experience was the spiritual successor to Starflight.

I wish they'd do a remastered trilogy and add controller support for the PC for glorious HD ME1 from the home theater.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oh God yes. There's a reason ME1 got replayed like 7 times over the years while none of the follow-ups have. That experience was the spiritual successor to Starflight.

I wish they'd do a remastered trilogy and add controller support for the PC for glorious HD ME1 from the home theater.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://nambulous.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/masseffect-2009-12-22-mako-planet-4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WP98Ug7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f3AY0Rt.jpg

My hope is that with the rather tepid response to andromeda, they will put out a trilogy remaster between now and the andromeda sequel, as a way to gain back some good will.  ME1 with better graphics and some cleaned up systems like a better inventory management would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd buy a remastered ME1 in a heartbeat.

Hell, I tried to replay ME1 before Andromeda came out only to discover it is no longer compatible with my current system (really fubar ultrawide problems that nothing seems to fix, even flawless widescreen didn't work).
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly.

I love games that let me be a hot, sexy, bad ass - Like Commander Shepard or Laura Croft. I can be an average girl every day of my life, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My hope is that with the rather tepid response to andromeda, they will put out a trilogy remaster between now and the andromeda sequel, as a way to gain back some good will.  ME1 with better graphics and some cleaned up systems like a better inventory management would be awesome.
View Quote
Not sure how much they'd fuck it up though.

I wouldn't be shocked if they remade joker into a lesbian Volus, took away all renegade options, got Obama to re-voiced The Elusive Man, and turned Miranda in Trigglypuff....
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they'd been doing that, it would have been huge boobs with lots of T&A throughout.

No, they were doing what SJWs always do.... trying to make a political statement about the "objectification" of women in video games. It falls flat on it's face when you go so far that even all your SJW fans come after you with pitchforks about how they have no desire to play a game as an escape where the characters are purposefully designed to be even uglier than real life.... and your excuse is that it's meant to depict real life.

Hopefully they learn from this.  Find a happy medium for the sequel.  Unfortunately... SJWs rarely ever learn.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If they'd been doing that, it would have been huge boobs with lots of T&A throughout.

No, they were doing what SJWs always do.... trying to make a political statement about the "objectification" of women in video games. It falls flat on it's face when you go so far that even all your SJW fans come after you with pitchforks about how they have no desire to play a game as an escape where the characters are purposefully designed to be even uglier than real life.... and your excuse is that it's meant to depict real life.

Hopefully they learn from this.  Find a happy medium for the sequel.  Unfortunately... SJWs rarely ever learn.
View Quote
SJW's have twisted minds, they probably thought basement dwellers wanted realism. Just because they were marketing towards the aforementioned demographic doesn't mean they know how to do it. 

Regardless, this new crew really fucked it up in some crucial areas, while also doing well in others. Fairly obvious that there wasn't an equal distribution of talent and competence among the different teams.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top