Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be able to play the first ten hours of the story this Thursday with EA Access, will report back after I marathon through it in a night.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:58:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ugh, I promised myself not to preorder games anymore, but I'm getting hyped from the recent influx of info. I'll wait until the night before release to buy and install it.
View Quote

You're better than that, c'mon man. I get it though, I used to say that a lot at my old place and ended up preordering a lot since my max download speed was about 2MB/s. At my new place I'm getting about 20MB/s so I don't preorder anything since the wait to download is a lot shorter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Reminder, the Andromeda Initiative briefings are complete.  So if you go to that website and watch the 6 videos, you'll get extra swag in the game when it comes out.  Odds are it's something you'll toss pretty quick, but hey, starter gear. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Reminder, the Andromeda Initiative briefings are complete.  So if you go to that website and watch the 6 videos, you'll get extra swag in the game when it comes out.  Odds are it's something you'll toss pretty quick, but hey, starter gear. 
View Quote

My Ryder will be stylin'

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of Ryders, are you guys going to use the defaults or will you make your own custom Ryder?

These are the defaults:

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Custom, these guys look like trash.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Speaking of Ryders, are you guys going to use the defaults or will you make your own custom Ryder?

These are the defaults:

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/original/2017/01/mass-effect-andromeda-pathfinder-pc-games_b2article_artwork.png
View Quote

If it's like previous bioware games I'll go custom, get 10 minutes into playing, decide I don't like  a how my guy actually looks in the game and cutscenes, and restart.  Repeat about 10 times until I say "fuck this," ragequit the editor, and use the default.  

But seriously, who knows.  Based on trailers and gameplay, I'm not very impressed with the default look this time around.  I guess they wanted to get away from the clean cut military look, but they went too far in some other direction.  The male has a shitty and unprofessional pube beard that makes him look like a teenager trying to grow one for the first time.  And the female has a nose that looks weird from certain angles, and something about her eye spacing is off.  I don't know what I'm gonna do.  

I wish BW would allow customization in such a way where I could keep the default face and just change certain details about it like the beard or hair, sort of like Fallout 4.  I haven't seen a video of he character editor yet, but I doubt it will be like that.

Ugggghhh:
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
For some reason I've always pictured Shepherd as latino. Maybe I'll go eastern European for ryder. Or African.

I am getting this for PC but I am wondering if Xbox would be better. Hmm.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I caved and preordered. Even though the ending was atrocious I still loved ME3 overall, and I loved the other two games. They always had amazing music.

The new game looks amazing although I'll miss the old ME setting in the milky way with the Citadel. The new Mako and Frigate you command look amazing. The default faces look uninspiring though. I'll go custom and try and get my character to look like me like most RPGs I play. No homo but I rather liked the way the default male Shepard looked and didn't mind my character looking like him.

I did subscribe for early access but I will almost certainly cancel after getting to play ME:A. It was free with the discount.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I will say that if andromeda's multiplayer  is anything like ME3, then I'm going to waste a lot of time playing it after 4-5 story playthroughs as both Ryders
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it's like previous bioware games I'll go custom, get 10 minutes into playing, decide I don't like  a how my guy actually looks in the game and cutscenes, and restart.  Repeat about 10 times until I say "fuck this," ragequit the editor, and use the default.  

But seriously, who knows.  Based on trailers and gameplay, I'm not very impressed with the default look this time around.  I guess they wanted to get away from the clean cut military look, but they went too far in some other direction.  The male has a shitty and unprofessional pube beard that makes him look like a teenager trying to grow one for the first time.  And the female has a nose that looks weird from certain angles, and something about her eye spacing is off.  I don't know what I'm gonna do.  

I wish BW would allow customization in such a way where I could keep the default face and just change certain details about it like the beard or hair, sort of like Fallout 4.  I haven't seen a video of he character editor yet, but I doubt it will be like that.

Ugggghhh:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jc4rN95nV7U/hqdefault.jpg
View Quote

There was a tweet by someone in BW that said you can't change the default faces, like no tweaking or anything. I wish you could, would be so much faster for me. I don't mind the look of Sara but I'd like to change her just a bit.

Her face model is gorgeous, I'm not sure why they didn't just stick with her looks.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will say that if andromeda's multiplayer  is anything like ME3, then I'm going to waste a lot of time playing it after 4-5 story playthroughs as both Ryders
View Quote

From the bit I've seen, it is.  There are single player branches where you can do a multiplayer mission for campaign goodies that carry over to MP, or send your AI guys to do it for lesser rewards as well.  So you'll have your usual MP plus that aspect of it.  

Some unlocks in the campaign will carry over to single player, and vice versa as well.  Not to mention campaign side unlocks are account unlocks, so you'll get them on new playthroughs, etc.

Other info from today below:
1.  Per the devs, it is entirely possible to do a jedi/sith powers/melee build.  Just would be hard as hell to play, but doable.
2.  In May, Deluxe and Super Deluxe owners get extra goodies.  1x ultra rare odds MP pack, 2 more Nomad skins, and another casual outfit.

Oh, and someone is in deep shit with Bioware for breaking the review embargo.  First image is from a Dev.  Second is a review copy of the game.  Third is self explanatory from ME3 on PC.  I didn't know ME played like that. 

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if Gibbed has a new editor planned for this? I like to use his editors to customize everything.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm taking the 21st off.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There was a tweet by someone in BW that said you can't change the default faces, like no tweaking or anything. I wish you could, would be so much faster for me. I don't mind the look of Sara but I'd like to change her just a bit.

Her face model is gorgeous, I'm not sure why they didn't just stick with her looks.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjI3NzA0MTYwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDY4NDk2MTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
View Quote

It's probably like the trilogy where the default face is higher res and more detailed than the custom ones, and so you can't just tweak it because the whole face is more specialized.

Still, things like facial hair would be pretty easy to allow, I'd think.  But again I don't expect it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

From the bit I've seen, it is.  There are single player branches where you can do a multiplayer mission for campaign goodies that carry over to MP, or send your AI guys to do it for lesser rewards as well.  So you'll have your usual MP plus that aspect of it.  

Some unlocks in the campaign will carry over to single player, and vice versa as well.  Not to mention campaign side unlocks are account unlocks, so you'll get them on new playthroughs, etc.

1.  Per the devs, it is entirely possible to do a jedi/sith powers/melee build.  Just would be hard as hell to play, but doable.
2.  In May, Deluxe and Super Deluxe owners get extra goodies.  1x ultra rare odds MP pack, 2 more Nomad skins, and another casual outfit.

Oh, and someone is in deep shit with Bioware for breaking the review embargo.  First image is from a Dev.  Second is a review copy of the game.  Third is self explanatory from ME3 on PC.  I didn't know ME played like that. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6waeFzU8AEofal.jpg:large

https://i.redditmedia.com/mF6aNkF-nA2-Btnk7PDELuibDKF4jlRB_ieqeGTiW5E.png?w=1024&s=2d88581ddb4447be124d06b3867787ca
https://i.imgur.com/6orTYuR.png
View Quote

Is that review copy video in the wild?  Certainly looks like it's a screenshot of a WMP video.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is that review copy video in the wild?  Certainly looks like it's a screenshot of a WMP video.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6waeFzU8AEofal.jpg:large

https://i.redditmedia.com/mF6aNkF-nA2-Btnk7PDELuibDKF4jlRB_ieqeGTiW5E.png?w=1024&s=2d88581ddb4447be124d06b3867787ca
https://i.imgur.com/6orTYuR.png

It was somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now.  There are a couple other screencaps from character creation that look the same way, so I'm not sure what's going on.  The embargo is still on and these aren't from Bioware, so someone is putting screenshots up from review copies. 

After a couple minutes of searching while this post was still unsubmitted, it looks like the info is coming from the new, unaffiliated (since the real one got shuttered) Bioware Social Network site.  That said, the site is giving me cancer, so I'm not searching too hard on there. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Found it and is a confirmed reviewer.  Guy is posting screencaps of his Ryders and how it changes what your dad looks like.  No idea what the video player stuff is for.  Maybe he captured it from an offline xbox?

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Found it and is a confirmed reviewer.  Guy is posting screencaps of his Ryders and how it changes what your dad looks like.  No idea what the video player stuff is for.  Maybe he captured it from an offline xbox?

https://preview.ibb.co/hS3F0a/C6p_VDz_UWg_AAh3w9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tk8nWi2.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/uetFECp.png
View Quote

That face, why the hell are scale tattoos part of the editor?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://preview.ibb.co/hS3F0a/C6p_VDz_UWg_AAh3w9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tk8nWi2.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/uetFECp.png

I can't wait for Robbaz to get his hands on it.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Pre-loading on PS4 right now. Either my internet sucks today or the pre-load servers are garbage since it's saying it will take 2 days to download right now lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Official MP video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OmW-4F4h30
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:24:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#25]
First impressions.  Yeah, it's Kotaku (and not even their best person at that), but initial thoughts seem positive.  I particularly like that it sounds as if inventory and customization is finally a big thing again like it was in ME1.

Kotaku article
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Hot damn! I've been waiting for this game! Might have to use up a sick day
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#27]
For those trying to figure out what build they want to go with, someone posted the profile bonuses and unique passives for the level 1 profiles: https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5zjvnu/mea_spoilers_profile_bonuses_and_unique_passives/

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Well, I know I'm going to begin with a vanguard Nova/Charge/Singularity build and then transition to a Sentinel Lance/Singularity/Incinerate after the mid game point.

Also, I really hope the Harrier makes its way back into the game, even if it's only the multiplayer. I'll make do with the Mattock I guess.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For those trying to figure out what build they want to go with, someone posted the profile bonuses and unique passives for the level 1 profiles: https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5zjvnu/mea_spoilers_profile_bonuses_and_unique_passives/

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Does this mean as an adept I can use something other than a pistol? Was it like that for ME3 too? I can't remember.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Does this mean as an adept I can use something other than a pistol? Was it like that for ME3 too? I can't remember.
View Quote

I thought in ME3 you could carry anything, but the weight penalties were more severe unless you were a soldier class.

I generally play as a soldier in ME and spec on weapon damage.  I've played as an infiltrator a few times but the cloak doesn't do it for me, and a soldier with one of the better assault rifles with the right mods or just a straight up sniper rifle can pretty much act like sniper or designated marksman, but with a much higher rate of fire and a more health.  But with the ability to spec into whatever, I may try combining soldier with either an infiltrator or an engineer to get some extra tech abilities in there.  The portable shield wall and cryo/ice abilities seem pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems that way. From the IGN stream going on right now, they just showcased this guy using a rifle and doing biotic combos:

Click To View Spoiler

ETA: live stream link: https://youtu.be/2LViubGO2H0
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Interesting. I've always played through on my initial "main" run as an adept that essentially functioned like a Jedi with a pistol. Combining the devistation with a dmr/ sniper could be an awesome build.

Also, I may have missed this but... What is the canon ending for Shepherd? Red and survived?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Interesting. I've always played through on my initial "main" run as an adept that essentially functioned like a Jedi with a pistol. Combining the devistation with a dmr/ sniper could be an awesome build.

Also, I may have missed this but... What is the canon ending for Shepherd? Red and survived?
View Quote

As far as my understanding of the Mass Effect: Andromeda story, in this game the events of ME3 are mostly unknown. I don't believe Shephard's fate is addressed at all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Andromeda starts between ME2 and 3 so the reapers haven't invaded yet, etc. Bioware went on record that they don't want to make a canon ending to ME3. Kinda shoehorns them into prequels or something though. 

Id play a game about the contact wars though. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#35]
My computer is just barely good enough, thank God. I'm having so much fun with this.

Caught my Ryder mid-blink, lol.

Oh hello Papa Ryder.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn I was going to go to bed, but I guess I'm gonna marathon through this. Didn't think it was going to be available until the afternoon today
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Went live Wednesday the 15th at 5:30pm EST.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#38]
You guys are playing it now? I can't even preload yet...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

They get the first 10 hours and MP or something similar on EA Access if you pay for that service.  The digital soundtrack (if you got deluxe or above) is available to download now once you log in as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#40]
CDKEYS.COM has it for 44 or so bucks. I've used that website along with humblebundle to get almost all of my pc games.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Origin Access. You can play a 10hr trial right now on PC (origin access is $5 a month or something), and IIRC you can get EA access on xbox. If it makes you feel any better I just got off work and have about 4 hours of sleep before a 16 hour shift so I won't be able to play until after that. The wife also took the liberty of planning all sorts of bullshit for my 4 day weekend too...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Played for about an hour before I had to get in bed. It's pretty cool so far. The game looks amazing. My only complaint so far is that most of the character faces look like absolute ass. Seriously a several of them look like inbred dumb assess. Who in the fuck thought these were good to go? The customization tools are a little poor too. Beards are also drawn on. Really weird that in this day and age they wouldn't have actual facial hair. I got one face looking half way decent.

Anyway, I managed to get to the first mission, met some new aliens, and kill them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:09:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Not a fan of the facial animations.  I don't think they are as bad as some people are saying and they are better than the trilogy, but they are pretty wonky.

It would be more forgivable had the Witcher 3, a similarly sized game with (I assume) similar amounts of characters and dialogue, not done facial animations so much better.  It's clear it can be done, given the proper care.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Played for Six hours straight with a mix of single player and multiplayer. Had to get oriented with the new movement system, but it is very intuitive with the gladiator control scheme. Story was fairly interesting up until Eos as I have not landed on that planet yet.

multiplayer player was as fun as ME3 so my mind is at ease having preordered this game. Time will tell if the overall experience is worth the money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#45]
4.Romance options. So I'm hardly very far in the game, this might change.... But wtf Bioware? IknowIknowIknow, I'm supposed to love banging the aliens. I'm a huge ME fan after all!!!...... Buuuuuuut I don't. I do love a good romance though. I'm just into humans, and specifically females. Nice to see I have one single option as a straight male dude. Really Bioware? I can bang a Turian and a couple Asari, a cat thing, and a couple dudes... but one human female? Every replay of this game, I guess that's what I'm stuck with. And of course they made Cora a badass beat-'em-up butch lady with a haircut to match. So I'm a little upset on that front.
View Quote
your geologist lady licks rocks apparently (but not dudes. Shuts you down instantly);
View Quote
So more Bioware BS, everyone is gay. :/
Only (1) possible straight relationship... haha
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

As far as my understanding of the Mass Effect: Andromeda story, in this game the events of ME3 are mostly unknown. I don't believe Shephard's fate is addressed at all.
View Quote
600 years post Shepherd... If they hadn't figured out how to get to andromeda more quickly or just after AI gets there I will be shocked. We may not see it in the first game, but I imagine at least some group from Milky Way will make an appearance and address the canon of Earth and Reapers.

Might be a small appearance, but my bet is that they play a similar role as Cerberus.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

From what I've seen posted the aliens can go either way, but you only get one straight human for each sex. Kinda lame.

Your confirmed choices are: Cora, Liam, Peebee, Vetra, Jaal, Gil, Suvi. Gil and Suvi are gay/lesbian, the aliens are bi, Cora and Liam straight. There's potentially more with a doctor on the nexus (not Lexi) and the female Angara Aya, but nothing concrete yet.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm most interested in the science officer Irish chick. Played Cait on FO4. 
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm most interested in the science officer Irish chick. Played Cait on FO4. 
View Quote
That's Suvi; she's gay.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Noooooooo, what am I supposed to do with my last 2 hours?

I don't think my computer or my skills are ready to handle multiplayer.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top