Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
On one hand, the politics are too stupid to ignore.... but on the other Mass Effect is one of my favorite games of all time... I'll buy after reviews if they're good but no preorder for me. Seems like a decent compromise I guess
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
ANDROMEDA INITIATIVE – Weapons Training Briefing

PC specs are heavy if you want to play on high. It looks like it's CPU dependent.

And it's gone gold.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
looks like they got rid of submachine guns. Which I am fine with never used them in the trilogy games anyways
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On one hand, the politics are too stupid to ignore.... but on the other Mass Effect is one of my favorite games of all time... I'll buy after reviews if they're good but no preorder for me. Seems like a decent compromise I guess
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
looks like they got rid of submachine guns. Which I am fine with never used them in the trilogy games anyways
View Quote

Theyre rolled in with pistols. Kinda like how sniper rifle and assault rifles are the same now. Btw the Geth SMG is awesome. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Theyre rolled in with pistols. Kinda like how sniper rifle and assault rifles are the same now. Btw the Geth SMG is awesome. 
View Quote

In the latest video where they talk about weapons I think they still categorized ARs and snipers seperately.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In the latest video where they talk about weapons I think they still categorized ARs and snipers seperately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entirely possible, the guy wasn't exactly specific when he said there were 4 categories.  Pistols, shotguns, (then in one breath) sniper and assault rifles, before talking about melee weapons.  So maybe? 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Entirely possible, the guy wasn't exactly specific when he said there were 4 categories.  Pistols, shotguns, (then in one breath) sniper and assault rifles, before talking about melee weapons.  So maybe? 
View Quote

I'm hoping they keep them separate, or at least have a different upgrade tree tailored for long range.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm hoping they keep them separate, or at least have a different upgrade tree tailored for long range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  Although the ME3 M-99 sabre is love.  The Sabre is life.  Freaking love that thing.  Hits like a tank but handles like a regular rifle.   Still trying to get it on ME3 multiplayer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Agreed.  Although the ME3 M-99 sabre is love.  The Sabre is life.  Freaking love that thing.  Hits like a tank but handles like a regular rifle.   Still trying to get it on ME3 multiplayer.
View Quote

I used that right up until I found I could use gibbed to give myself the M7 at the beginning of the game.  Fully upgraded that thing has like 140 round capacity, and no thermal clips needed.  That was maybe the single best thing about the citadel DLC.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a super detailed account of 1 & 2?  I started playing 3 but my disc went tits up about 30 minutes.  I need to find another copy and play through it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is there a super detailed account of 1 & 2?  I started playing 3 but my disc went tits up about 30 minutes.  I need to find another copy and play through it.
View Quote
Wiki should. Or just get the free Genesis dlc for both. Let's you pick all the major plot points in the previous game when starting a new save. So ME2 genesis let's you pick who dies, gets recruited, etc, in ME1 so those changes are in your new ME2 game. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The videos are old but hilarious. Probably NSFW. There's 8 total, worth watching them all.

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#16]
It's irritating that they are still charging $15 or $20 for ME3 DLC. I want to experience the Citadel DLC, but I refuse to pay for that much for a fucking DLC that's like 4 or 5 years old.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's irritating that they are still charging $15 or $20 for NEw DLC. I want to experience the Citadel DLC, but I refuse to pay for that much for a fucking DLC that's like 4 or 5 years old.
View Quote

Seriously? That's just 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seriously? That's just 
View Quote
I think it has something to do with the idiotic Bioware points system that some of the now older Bioware games had for DLC. Bioware points never go on sale and they never change the amount of Bioware points DLC costs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think it has something to do with the idiotic Bioware points system that some of the now older Bioware games had for DLC. Bioware points never go on sale and they never change the amount of Bioware points DLC costs.
View Quote

It's one of the few DLCs I've bought that I think was completely worth the price of admission.

But it IS rediculous that it still is full price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
This isn't too spoiler heavy but if you want to be sure just skip the first minute or so.

17 Minutes of Mass Effect Andromeda: Peebee's Loyalty Mission Gameplay (4K 60fps) - IGN First
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I never played any of these, just PC games (ESO and Defiance) MMOs, and PC single players like STALKER.

I'm not a keyboard hero, and if I can't use a controller like a Logitech G-13 and mouse -> then I'm toast.

Is this something I should be following closely, or is it mainly built for consoles and people who have been honing player skillz to a much finer edge than I can ever hope to achieve?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I never played any of these, just PC games (ESO and Defiance) MMOs, and PC single players like STALKER.

I'm not a keyboard hero, and if I can't use a controller like a Logitech G-13 and mouse -> then I'm toast.

Is this something I should be following closely, or is it mainly built for consoles and people who have been honing player skillz to a much finer edge than I can ever hope to achieve?
View Quote
I'm not sure about this game but previous installments heavily favored the PC in terms of controls.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm not sure about this game but previous installments heavily favored the PC in terms of controls.
View Quote

As someone who only played them on PC with a mouse and keyboard I'd respectfully disagree.  I mean, they mostly played fine with a m/kb, but it seemed obvious it was designed for controllers and their limitations first, and PC was just an afterthought.  Prime example: the fact that the use/sprint/cover controls were all bound to a single key with no option to split them out to separate keys across all 3 games.  2 other examples I can think of offhand would be movement acceleration and aim assist (both controller specific solutions) being left on when using a mouse, and in fact they can't be shut off unless you dig into the config file.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As someone who only played them on PC with a mouse and keyboard I'd respectfully disagree.  I mean, they mostly played fine with a m/kb, but it seemed obvious it was designed for controllers and their limitations first, and PC was just an afterthought.  Prime example: the fact that the use/sprint/cover controls were all bound to a single key with no option to split them out to separate keys across all 3 games.  2 other examples I can think of offhand would be movement acceleration and aim assist (both controller specific solutions) being left on when using a mouse, and in fact they can't be shut off unless you dig into the config file.
View Quote
Oh, yeah. I forgot about the base settings since I've modded the files for the input and textures a long time ago. But it definitely felt easier to play on insanity on a M/KB than an Xbox 360 controller without the tactical menu.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd love to be able to play something like this using an Occulus type system, but as I hinted in an earlier controller comment - if I have to use a KB (with an Occulus face mask) --> I'd just be a spectator at that point.
Even without the Occulus - I'd spend more time looking at the KB than at the screen.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Absolutely NSFW

GamerPoop Mass Effect 3 short: Dr. Chocolates
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Pre ordered already, I wish I wouldn't be on a bachelor party trip opening weekend. Oh well, boobs and beer
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#28]
The First 12 Minutes of Mass Effect Andromeda (4K 60fps) - IGN First

I really like how this is looking, but that pube beard...I was planning on using the default look, but my god.  

Preordered yesterday on PC.  I guess we'll see how it is in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_wFVfDxJQ

I really like how this is looking, but that pube beard...I was planning on using the default look, but my god.  

View Quote

Completely agree, although I'm eagerly waiting none the less
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_wFVfDxJQ

View Quote

Yep, guess I'm spending an hour in the character creation menu. 
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#31]
So multiplayer has a couple neat things.

1.  Anything for multiplayer you unlock in single player is an account wide unlock.
2.  No more picking armor colors off a list.  You get color wheels for everything.  Will have the same customization options as ME3.
3.  Permanent global bonus stats for multiplayer characters.  Basically they gain lifetime XP and better stats from it.
4.  Single player campaign will have certain spots where you can branch out and do multiplayer missions for extra stuff for both MP and SP content.  Plus the usual MP modes are there.
5.  So far there are 24 different multiplayer classes among the different archetypes. (vanguard, soldier, etc)  Not all classes were complete last I heard (a few weeks ago) so the number could go one way or another.

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone know when the review embargo is up?

I'm assuming with a game that claims to be this large they are gonna have to start pushing review copies out to gaming sites soon.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when the review embargo is up?

I'm assuming with a game that claims to be this large they are gonna have to start pushing review copies out to gaming sites soon.
View Quote
The embargo is likely to be up within the next week when the EA early access begins
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#34]
20th for single player content, MP is open beta at PAX East, so same day ish that it starts there. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
20th for single player content, MP is open beta at PAX East, so same day ish that it starts there. 
View Quote
Open Beta got axed
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Open Beta got axed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Open Beta got axed

They're still running it at PAX. Only place doing it. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Open Beta got axed

Interesting.  I heard about it getting cancelled, but I'm not really a MP guy so I didn't pay much attention.  But I wonder why they are doing it that way.  If they are having a limited beta the MP is obviously functional, but there's not going to be nearly enough playing stations to stress test the servers or even to really be able to see balancing issues.  I'm not really seeing the point of a PAX beta except as a way to get more hype - which, to be fair, is a good reason to do it I guess.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#38]
My guess is hype. Any unlocks people get at PAX carry over to the full game. 
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I was sort of hard pressed to get this or GR: Wildlands. Decided I probably wouldn't go wrong with this even though GR: Wildlands has gotten 80/100 consistently on reviews.
Got everything pre-ordered. Excited to play it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Reminder: go to the andromeda initiative site and log in with your EA info. Watch 6 videos about the game and get  a helmet and other unlocks at launch. 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:27:10 AM EDT
[#41]
PAX panel, showing part of a loyalty mission and some other stuff.  Slight spoilers for those who really care about that kind of stuff, I guess.

The comedy level is definitely higher in the game from what I can tell.  The whole tone seems lighter like the devs said it would be, kinda reminds me of the citadel DLC.  I like it so far; but hopefully it won't wear over the course of a whole game - some moments in that mission verged on turning into a farce.

Mass Effect Andromeda: Full PAX East Single Player Panel
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Went ahead and downloaded the delux edition on XBONE, can't wait for the 21st

I replayed 2 and 3 a few weeks ago in anticipation. Besides Halo it's my favorite gaming series.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Preordered my game on Friday and bought the limited edition Andromeda loot crate. Hopefully it's got some cool stuff in it; I won't find out until June.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Preordered my game on Friday and bought the limited edition Andromeda loot crate. Hopefully it's got some cool stuff in it; I won't find out until June.
View Quote

Loot Crate in general has been a solid 'meh' in my experience.  After seeing what they put in the monthly Firefly crates, I'm kinda dubious.  I've only gotten 2 of the regular crates before calling it done.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah I'm being cautiously optimistic. The Mass Effect loot crate looked pretty nice, but that was a long time ago.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have they already charged for the lootcrate or will it be when it ships?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already charged.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Already charged.
View Quote

Hmm alright, any idea of the cutoff date for snagging one?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hmm alright, any idea of the cutoff date for snagging one?
View Quote

I believe it's until they are sold out, but I'm not sure. This is my first time ever buying anything from them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I believe it's until they are sold out, but I'm not sure. This is my first time ever buying anything from them.
View Quote

10-4, Thanks!
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top