Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2016 9:50:40 AM EDT
Anybody else playing?  I picked it up last night and played in campaign mode for an hour or two.  I didn't play the first one but I am enjoying this one so far.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Casual gamer here.

Looking into this one too.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Casual gamer here.

Looking into this one too.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts
View Quote
I am casual also, haven't played anything since fallout 4 and haven't touched that in months.  IMO, it's a fun game so far.  I am only two hours in or so but I am enjoying it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm enjoying it. My favorite titans to use are Tone and Ion. I setup an AR15.com network if you're interested in joining. The name of the network is ARFCOM and the clan tag is AR15. Just make sure you join the correct one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Does the game make sense to someone who hasn't played the first?

How is the campaign?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched some vids.

Wish I bought Titanfall 2 instead of BF1
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved and played the shit out of the first game on PC. Felt like Unreal Tournament's on-foot play meets Battlefield: Bad Company's vehicle play (where main battle tanks were actually force multipliers and area control weapons instead of cardboard deathboxes that blow up in two seconds like in BF3 and BF4).

Titanfall 2, I played the open beta on the PS4, and while I enjoyed it, it did have a lot of issues. From everything I've read though, they cleared up pretty much every gripe I had with the beta for release. Can't wait to get back in town this week so I can play it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watched some vids.

Wish I bought Titanfall 2 instead of BF1
View Quote

I'm having fun with bf1, but titanfall 2 looks really good and honestly battlefield games have such a long lifespan I guess waiting wouldn't have hurt.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying it. My favorite titans to use are Tone and Ion. I setup an AR15.com network if you're interested in joining. The name of the network is ARFCOM and the clan tag is AR15. Just make sure you join the correct one.
View Quote

Did you leave the join options to being open?

I got the game on release night, but wasn't able to play until yesterday (Sunday). Seems like there are a ton of people already stupidly high leveled, which is fine, IMO. I've been running around in a pink Legion lately, mostly because it makes me laugh a lot, and I think it upsets a lot of people out there to get killed by a pink titan; I do know that it gets targeted like there's no tomorrow! I should have the same screename as here on origin.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think they are platform specific?

I made one for PS4 during the beta: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/88273/
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
What domain did you set it up in?  Playstation or Xbox?  I am not sure if you can play both on same one...

I picked it up on Friday... played the original since it first came out and have been looking forward to this one... a lot of fun... if you did not play the first, you wont be missing out starting with this one...

Hope to see you all on there if I can get on the network with ya'll
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What domain did you set it up in?  Playstation or Xbox?  I am not sure if you can play both on same one...

I picked it up on Friday... played the original since it first came out and have been looking forward to this one... a lot of fun... if you did not play the first, you wont be missing out starting with this one...

Hope to see you all on there if I can get on the network with ya'll
View Quote

Mine is on PS4, you can join using the link I posted above
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Played TF1 and enjoyed the hell out of it. Even if some of the challenges to level up made me want to throw my controller through the screen.

Playing the TF2 campaign now. Pretty fun. Graphics are pretty good, sound is really amazing. Looking forward to trying out the multiplayer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The "story" of the first game was like 12 multiplayer matches that had some NPCs chattering for about 30 seconds before and after each battle. I'll lay it out for you:

The IMC are a bunch of evil-techno-corporate types who use robots and mercs with seeeath eeefrikken accents to oppress The Militia, and the Militia and their chick-in-a-bandana radio operator aren't keen on it. Giant robot hilarity ensues.

How is the campaign?

Better than expected, but this is not a single-player game by any stretch of the imagination. The story is okay, there's some good setpieces and some interesting twists and turns, but mostly it's (surprisingly decent) training for multiplayer. I burned through it on Hard in maybe... six-ish hours?

Top-gear top-tip: there's a reason you go hell-of faster when you're wallrunning, knee-sliding, and skittering over obstacles like a cricket in an adidas commercial: if you find yourself getting tired of playing the duck-and-cover bob-and-weave game, in most instances where you're not trapped in an area, you can just haul ass past the bad guys. I did this in like four or five fights i just got sick of in the single-player, and it feels great. Just "welp, this sniper rifle is out of ammo, so LATER, NERDS"

ETA: I played a LOT of Titanfall 1 and loved it to pieces. I haven't touched multiplayer yet. At the moment my only complaint about TF2 is the 3rd person titan boarding and execution animations. The titan boarding animations were my favorite visual thing in TF1, and a key part of that was that you were ALWAYS in First Person - even as you slide between the robot's legs and it grabs you and stuffs you into the cockpit. Same for the executions, which were instantaneous and brutal (even getting killed by them was cool, because it's just WHAM, you're facing 180 degrees and some guy has your face in his mitts). By contrast the 3rd person titan boarding just looks slow and stupid, and the executions (at least in single player) take geological epochs and are completely visually uninteresting.

Those are pretty small nitpicks, though. I spent like 45 minutes just running the little parkour training thing at the beginning of the campaign trying to knock seconds off my time, and wallrunning up to a spectre and blowing its robo-brains out with a shotgun is still super satisfying.

http://jeff.zone/post/152571326466/i-played-through-the-titanfall-2-campaign-but - according to one Jeff Gerstmann, it seems like the slower boarding animations are probably deliberate, since Titans are now more vulnerable, so it's more of a consideration when you want to board it. Still with the animations were first-person, but you can't win 'em all. Very much looking forward to throwing down some multiplayer tonight.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 2:46:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Finally drank half a gallon of beer and threw down some Titanfall 2 multiplayer today.

Still only have a couple of niggling nitpicky complaints:

1. Attrition is purely the domain of meth addicts. Only adderal freaks have a chance there.
2. The third-person boarding and execution animations are HOOOOOOOOOORSE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
3. I wish the Reapers were more like miniature titans, instead of having weird dragonball z energy-ball-shooters in their hands. Just make them giant spectres with jetpacks!

I played a round of Hardpoint, a couple rounds of Attrition (also known as aka "get murdered 30 times by a 14 year old who just did a wheelbarrow of coke off a stripper's cock simulator 2016"), a couple rounds of hardpoint, and a couple rounds of bounty hunt.

Bounty Hunt is wild - at the beginning of each round, they plonk down a couple of points on the map where grunts, spectres, reapers, and titans may drop in, and both teams haul ass to those points and collect money by slaughtering as many NPCs as possible by preventing the enemy from doing the same (if you have money from slaughtering NPCs, you lose half of it if you get killed). Once all the NPCs are dead or time elapses, you have a BANK ROUND, when anybody who has collected money via red, bloody murder can go and deposit it in certain bank points scattered around the map, which provide a fresh set of focal-points for fighting.

This process repeats until one team gets $5000 or time runs out. It's bananas and it's a lot of tense fun. Can't wait to play more.

Is there an arfcom Network on PC? I searched a bit, but ended up joining the Giant Bomb network when I couldn't find an arfcom one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't picked it up yet, but will at some point in the next month or two.   Loved the first one, so there was no way I wasn't going to get this one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:25:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1. Attrition is purely the domain of meth addicts. Only adderal freaks have a chance there.

a couple rounds of Attrition (also known as aka "get murdered 30 times by a 14 year old who just did a wheelbarrow of coke off a stripper's cock simulator 2016")
View Quote

Hey... I was extremely good at attrition in the original, and it was even faster pace.

The best part of attrition is all those games where you never die. I'm 33.

Haven't dropped into MP yet because I'm still working on the campaign, but I certainly loved it during the tech test!

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:27:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey... I was extremely good at attrition in the original, and it was even faster pace.
The best part of attrition was all those games where you'd never die. I'm 33 too.
View Quote

Cool, awesome, solid -- so who's your meth dealer? Are you getting a good deal? When you say it try to speak directly into my chest. I'm definitely not a cop.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Titanfall 2 addresses a lot of issues people had with the first game. It's absolteky fantastic so far and the multiplayer is tweaked a bit to make it better balance instead of everyone having a maxed out 40mm.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it B]

Ion ftw!
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:30:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cool, awesome, solid -- so who's your meth dealer? Are you getting a good deal? When you say it try to speak directly into my chest. I'm definitely not a cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best part of attrition was all those games where you'd never die. I'm 33 too.

Played a bit of attrition over the weekend instead of my normal bounty hunt... I enjoyed it. Trick seemed to be to never stop moving, and I found that I was streaky in the kills department. If I started hot I'd be second or first into a titan and would ruin the other teams day... but if I had a slow start it would feel the same way.

As for the campaign, I loved it. Simple story sure, but the ability you temporarily get midway through the campaign was some of the most fun I've had in an fps campaign in quite a while...

I read a review title about how it is like a game from 15 years ago and how that is a good thing. I have to agree, it's so much fun even as I slow down lol. I was always good at the COD MW style of play, and thus retains it more than the modern cod.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I played a bit of multiplayer this weekend for the first time and agree that it was pretty fun.  I don't remember TF1 having level-locked guns and attributes (sights, quick mag changes, quick aiming, weapon skins, etc.). Felt a little COD-ish. Also, got caught on a few maps were advanced players had huge advantages, which also felt a little COD-ish. But still an enjoyable experience overall.

I mostly played the multiplayer "mixed game" lobby (I don't remember the actual name), and it seemed to keep it fresh with a nice mix of objective vs team kill games. I do kind of miss the hackable turrets, as well as the power up cards from TF1. And rodeoing Titans and doing real damage.

I briefly looked at the Networks and found a couple of "AR15" entries. Which one is the official ARFCOM Network?  Also, how do Networks work as far as game play?

I also agree with an earlier post regarding the third person perspective when entering Titans. Compared to TF1 it's boring and slooooooow.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I've successfully memorized the 40mm's trajectory...

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I played a bit of multiplayer this weekend for the first time and agree that it was pretty fun.  I don't remember TF1 having level-locked guns and attributes (sights, quick mag changes, quick aiming, weapon skins, etc.).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I played a bit of multiplayer this weekend for the first time and agree that it was pretty fun.  I don't remember TF1 having level-locked guns and attributes (sights, quick mag changes, quick aiming, weapon skins, etc.).

It did, it's just that there were very few weapons and each weapon only had like three unlocks.
I briefly looked at the Networks and found a couple of "AR15" entries. Which one is the official ARFCOM Network?  Also, how do Networks work as far as game play?

Once you join a network, you can set it as your "active network". When you're at the main multiplayer screen, the people in your active network, their voice, and their chats appear at the bottom of the screen.

When you click "Play", instead of matchmaking alone, you can click "Invite Network" and everyone currently online in the network will get a little pop up that says "ARRES wants to play [Mixtape / Attrition / Bounty Hunt / Etc.]" and they'll have the opportunity to join up.

I also agree with an earlier post regarding the third person perspective when entering Titans. Compared to TF1 it's boring and slooooooow.

I understand why they take longer, since I think they generally want boarding your titan to be a dangerous thing - you have to give up its covering fire for a few seconds to get in, and you can TOTALLY get smoked on the way into your titan, but I legitimately do not understand the 3rd person thing.

I've been playing Ronin the last couple days, and getting killed by Ronin's doomed-melee-execution would be AWESOME! It slices your cockpit open, knocks you down and then WHAM, giant robo-sword right through you while you're staring at the ground like an idiot.

It's such a stupid thing to find so annoying, but every time I watch one of those animations I'm just like "this would be fifty times cooler if I was just in my own eyes while it was happening."
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Great game, challenging multiplayer. I created a PC network. Tag AR15.

Origin name mashtun556

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone still playing? Just started for xbone.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been playing multiplayer on XBOX One the past week or so.  Joined the ARFCOM group.  Username is linuxjunkie there.

So far I love getting murdered in Attrition over the other game modes.  Don't quite know why.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Still playing, but only active on the weekends. I'm enjoying the game, play mostly mixtape which is a good mix of objective/team kill games.

**edit removed irrelative information
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone still playing? Just started for xbone.
View Quote

Yah, I'm playing the hell out of it.
pcmr tho.

The release time that they chose for this game was REALLY unfortunate. It was sandwiched in between COD and BF1, and the only hype I saw for it was a cunty little piece on Kotaku basically getting eyerolly about how the first game was multiplayer only.

I'm still blown away, this game rocks man!
It's a hard choice between Titanfall 2 and Doom for my 2016 shooter of the year
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yah, I'm playing the hell out of it.
pcmr tho.

The release time that they chose for this game was REALLY unfortunate. It was sandwiched in between COD and BF1, and the only hype I saw for it was a cunty little piece on Kotaku basically getting eyerolly about how the first game was multiplayer only.

I'm still blown away, this game rocks man!
It's a hard choice between Titanfall 2 and Doom for my 2016 shooter of the year
View Quote

It's took me a while to get ok in multi-player but I've enjoyed the hell out of it. Hit lvl 50 a couple days ago and saving up credits and leveling out guns/titans/factions before I regen.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think I've successfully memorized the 40mm's trajectory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/BNwAndNDodk
View Quote

Yep, looks like you have it down, nice shot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Just spinning up this game now.

It's a good game with a solid campaign that can get you up to speed in short order.

It doesn't seem that you need a dedicated gaming computer to run it well, even on the lowest graphic settings it still looks pretty good.

If you are into team training the custom match making (Multiplayer> Find Game>  Private Match Beta) is the way to go, and with all the custom features you would expect (map selection, game type, etc.,) is why we are liking it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:04:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just spinning up this game now.

It's a good game with a solid campaign that can get you up to speed in short order.

It doesn't seem that you need a dedicated gaming computer to run it well, even on the lowest graphic settings it still looks pretty good.

If you are into team training the custom match making (Multiplayer> Find Game>  Private Match Beta) is the way to go, and with all the custom features you would expect (map selection, game type, etc.,) is why we are liking it a lot.
View Quote

Add me on Origin: PancakeOfDoom .

The game is super well optimized for the most part. There is a patch dropping soon which will add custom mixtapes and some UI tweaks along with a new game mode.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm still playing on xbox one.

Fallen003
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Me too.

SingleSpark
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Played through the campaign last weekend and had an absolute blast with it. Tried multiplayer for a couple hours, but it's definitely not my thing. I find it way too chaotic.

I'll stick to BF1 for my multiplayer fix.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Add me on Origin: PancakeOfDoom .
View Quote

Sent, from NomexG
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anybody else playing?  I picked it up last night and played in campaign mode for an hour or two.  I didn't play the first one but I am enjoying this one so far.
View Quote

If you are playing TF2 on PC, look me up on Origin (NomexG), and please feel free to join us on Saturday mornings 0930-end.

We casual game and use it for training purposes with a focus on team play and communications.

General approach is:

1. Deploy into a match
2. AAR
3. Run a training match in the private server
4. Repeat
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you are playing TF2 on PC, look me up on Origin (NomexG), and please feel free to join us on Saturday mornings 0930-end.

We casual game and use it for training purposes with a focus on team play and communications.

General approach is:

1. Deploy into a match
2. AAR
3. Run a training match in the private server
4. Repeat
View Quote

I just got assigned to a new location so I'll be off the next two saturdays but the wife will have to work, I look forward to either carrying the team or dragging the whole team down on saturday (there is no in between)
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted: ... I look forward to either carrying the team or dragging the whole team down on saturday (there is no in between)
View Quote

As you saw with our games the other night, you will be carrying ;-)

I look forward to many more matches.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#39]
I play it on PC.

Bosniac on origin.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm now loving the Spitfire and G2. Loved the Hemlock and Devotion. I'm using the Northstar Titan now, but loved the Tone. Ronins are pure evil. I hate those things. In close they will tear you up. And I can't use the Scorch effectively.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I have the Devotion at Gen 11.5 or something like that. I originally thought the weapons would max out at Gen 10 but apparently they keep going and going.... I swap to other weapons pretty regularly to work on leveling them up, but always default back to devotion for "serious" matches.

I have exclusively been using Tone, and just got it to Gen 9. I'll probably continue to use it until 10 and then pick something else to try. I agree the Ronin is deadly in close encounters, I cuss them all the time

I used to team up pretty regularly in COD, but have only played TF2 with randoms. In general, I think TF2 players are better about playing objective games than COD players, but the last time I played, the other team had 4 players teamed up, and they had 5 flag captures so fast it was unbelievable. Seems like it would be fun to have that kind of strategy/cooperation aspect. Since I don't see an in-game invite functionality on XBONE, is that done through Networks in TF2?

**edit for spelling
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I joined the AR15.com [AR15] group on PS4. If I joined the right one it looks like there are 5 of us in here now. I only play Attrition.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#43]
I have been super impressed by Titanfall 2. I am not normally a big MPFPS guy, but I loved the campaign and I really do enjoy MP. I am not the best, shit, I'm probably the worst, but I am having fun basically every match. What's not to love? 
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have been super impressed by Titanfall 2. I am not normally a big MPFPS guy, but I loved the campaign and I really do enjoy MP. I am not the best, shit, I'm probably the worst, but I am having fun basically every match. What's not to love? 
View Quote

Agreed.  I am usually in the top half of my team but occasionally get 1st place or last place across the board.  Either way, minus the odd match with guys that seem to have god tier aim, I have a good time with it.  I just wish I could have recorded an epic kill yesterday.  Called in my titan and immediately got shot in the face.  So while in the 'dead' screen, my titan apparently landed on nearly their entire team.  Three titans and a pilot went boom. 

I think I'm Gen 2.19 right now and mostly using the DMR with extra ammo and speedloader, auto 45 with extra ammo and suppressor, firestar, and grappling hook.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I am usually in the top half of my team but occasionally get 1st place or last place across the board.  Either way, minus the odd match with guys that seem to have god tier aim, I have a good time with it.  I just wish I could have recorded an epic kill yesterday.  Called in my titan and immediately got shot in the face.  So while in the 'dead' screen, my titan apparently landed on nearly their entire team.  Three titans and a pilot went boom. 

I think I'm Gen 2.19 right now and mostly using the DMR with extra ammo and speedloader, auto 45 with extra ammo and suppressor, firestar, and grappling hook.
View Quote

Why... why would you not record it? now I feel like I'm missing out by not seeing that
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why... why would you not record it? now I feel like I'm missing out by not seeing that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because there was nothing to see. The kills popped up on my screen but I was already waiting to respawn. 
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:49:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Because there was nothing to see. The kills popped up on my screen but I was already waiting to respawn. 
View Quote

If there was any game that needed a match record or replay feature it would be this one.That sucks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:28:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If there was any game that needed a match record or replay feature it would be this one.That sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I wish a lot of games had the Halo style theater.  I've been shot in the face clear across the level before and have always wondered how the hell they did it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Live Fire update is out. Next DLC is out in March.

Actually a pretty fun mode to be honest, didn't think I'd like it. It's like a super high speed rainbow six in a sense. No respawns and teamwork is king along with pure speed, can't camp it out. The new custom playlist feature is cool and the weapon balances are welcome. Devotion got a little nerf along with a couple other nerfs and buffs for other weapons. Northstar got a buff, scorch got a slight buff (ordnance line to predict shot path), and TONE GOT NERFED
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top