Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 9:33:04 PM EDT
IT IS COMING OUT ON FRIDAY OH MY GOD

I have my piss bottles and diapers ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it gonna be good?  I was a big Civ5 fan but I haven't been paying attention...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it gonna be good?  I was a big Civ5 fan but I haven't been paying attention...
View Quote

Total biscuit had some very high praise of it. I couldn't watch the entire video since I don't have that sort of youtube attention span, but the tl:dw of it was that it looks more cartoony than V, but is deeper than V gameplay wise. Most people that have had some hands on time like the visual style since it will age well and praise the gameplay as being deep enough to make established civ fans happy.

tl:dr: It'll be a lot better than Civ V supposedly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I got some hands on time playing it last night. It will not disappoint. Graphics are better, but it is still a board game type, so don't expect to be blown away there.

The game play (and depth) is what is going to keep people hooked.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested, but I'm going to wait a year or so for when it hits ten bucks on a Steam holiday sale.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm interested, but I'm going to wait a year or so for when it hits ten bucks on a Steam holiday sale.
View Quote

Same.  Steam sale FTW.  WoW Legion has been burning up a lot of my play time and now with BF1 around the corner, I'll have to fit that into the rotation.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:51:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Pre-ordered.  It's only money.  Hopefully it is good!

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

and includes all the DLC
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill see if they fixed the late game slow downs.

Holy hell, it was bad.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Long time Civ player here.  I've played a couple hours.  I've been enjoying it so far, though I do feel pretty lost with all the changes to the mechanics.

My first game....built scout, built settler, built oracle, founded Judaism. Rome, Greece, Sparta and America declare war and exterminate me in 3 turns.

Clearly the old ways will not work here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Good game so far, my biggest gripe is lack of equidistant starting points.

I played on a YUGE map with only 4 other civs and by turn 50 I could zoom out a tad and see my capital and two others

Loving the district gameplay.

The AI is clearly retarded, I had my territory surrounded by a zerg of units from another civ and they just sat there, he didn't bully or attack me.

So I just built up an army and crushed him while he jerked off outside my borders.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, the AI is crap about upgrading units.  Only glaring flaw I see in the AI right now.  Otherwise, my only other gripe is that strategic resources are so rare.  Frankly, I've never liked strategic resources since 3 or whenever they added them.  It forces you to go wide.  But overall I'd give it a 90%.  The tech is much better balanced than five and I love the new format for districts and wonders.  Much more strategy than just "build all the things."  Military is better balanced as well.  You can build a decent army and then just upgrade it with gold so you can focus on building other things.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Needs more maps. Fractal map sucks and always just makes one continent. Waiting on the mod nerds to make some shit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
My only complaints about the game involve the AI. Which is fine because most of it is simple tweaking of numbers to get right. Relationships are retarded and dumb in this version of civ but I think that will change. Having a +5 in relations yields "unfriendly" is a bit... dumb.

Everything about this game is better. Combat makes more sense than any of the previous versions (swords don't completely decimate spears, tanks don't die to spears, etc). The tech tree is perfect and eurekas add a new level of strategy to the game. The civic system is just amazing. The wonders appear weak but are some of the strongest the series has ever seen. Big Ben is broken beyond belief, though. Having 40k gold 250 turns in doesn't need to happen.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm disappointed that 6 coming out didn't make the add-on prices for 5 drop
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Anybody got the specs?  I have an Sager laptop, wondering if I could play this.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yah, I'm running it on a 4 1/2 year old MSI G series laptop with a 2.4 GHz processor and 16GB RAM

it's an outstanding game. I feel like they made massive improvements on the government structure
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yah, I'm running it on a 4 1/2 year old MSI G series laptop with a 2.4 GHz processor and 16GB RAM

it's an outstanding game. I feel like they made massive improvements on the government structure
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome.  4 year old Sager, 2.4-2.6 gen4 i7 with 16GB RAM.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I love this game so much.  Much better than Civ 5.  Civs are like the Star Trek movies.  The even ones are the best.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top