Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2016 5:42:45 AM EDT
Anyone picked it up or played it yet?

I played the other two, but this one is made from a new developer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested, but waiting for reviews.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested, but waiting for reviews.
View Quote

I watched a little bit of gameplay and it looked somewhat unfinished  in a lot of areas as far as scenery
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked at a few review videos on youtube from folks I trust, but I'm not willing to pay full retail price for it yet. The drumbeat I'm hearing is that the PC version is kneecapped with low res textures and a 30fps cap they patched already. The game itself apparently suffers from groundhog day syndrome with far too many repetitious missions and a major lack of gameplay variety.

Angry Joe is supposed to be putting out his review soon, so hopefully that helps me decide.

My guess is I will be waiting until it is $10 on a Steam sale some time next year.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I pre ordered it from Amazon got it Friday
I like the mafia games. This one does have at first glance some sjw racist agenda but after actually playing I don't actually see it that way.
The controls are ok but can be a little clunky
So far I give it 7-8/10
I would buy again
Edit: Xbox 1
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I am really enjoying it. The story is pretty good. Likable main character and the setting is different than what I have been playing. I would recommend it. I play on Xbox One and I am probably 4-5 hours in so far if that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't played it. A buddy is currently playing it and after speaking with him I'll hold off. Repetition and some unfinished geometry coupled with needing multiple playthroughs to 100%/Platinum has left him unimpressed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It was decent.  I rented it for the weekend.  I'll pick it back up again when it's under $30.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait for it to go on sale.

It's basically a GTA game set in 1968 with a lot less to do... The game has a good main story, but there is a complete lack of side missions or anything to do other than the main storyline, which consist of the following:

- Go drive somewhere
- Go talk to someone
- Go kill someone
- Go steal something
- Go drive back to where you started

Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Nothing above is a bad thing, assuming there are other things to keep you entertained in between scenes... Which there is not

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn. Seems like repetitive is the general consensus. Looks like I'll be waiting..
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Discount bin purchase, I had hoped for this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top