Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2016 12:12:33 AM EDT
just picked it up. played all 3 on the 360 and can play ps4 now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
just picked it up. played all 3 on the 360 and can play ps4 now.
View Quote

Started the original last night.  Holy fuck is that game now gorgeous.  Having a blast replaying it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
For those who already own Bioshock 1 and 2 on Steam, you will get the remastered versions free.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those who already own Bioshock 1 and 2 on Steam, you will get the remastered versions free.
View Quote

It looks glorious on the Xbone, I cant even imagine on a PC.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Friday release is almost here!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been playing through the first game on XB1.

I adore the series, I've played all three games several times over.  And it's just as good as it was the first time, IMO.
View Quote

Hell yes. And it's been long enough that the sneaky little shits still make me jump here and there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Just went live on the steam store. It's automatically in your library if you own the games already, if you don't see it just restart steam.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I DL'ed Bioshock last night and played the first section.

I hate to be harsh, but I had to go to youtube and look up footage of the original version as I honestly couldn't tell a difference. The game still looks and plays very dated, and very console-ified. Hell, you even still have to hack the INI file to enable a non standard resolution... and then everything is stretched.

I wouldn't call this a "remastering"... more of a quick and dirty texture map upgrade with a smidgen of extra bubbles and barnacles to an old, outdated, clunky console port.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I hate to be harsh, but I had to go to youtube and look up footage of the original version as I honestly couldn't tell a difference. The game still looks and plays very dated, and very console-ified. Hell, you even still have to hack the INI file to enable a non standard resolution... and then everything is stretched.

I wouldn't call this a "remastering"... more of a quick and dirty texture map upgrade with a smidgen of extra bubbles and barnacles to an old, outdated, clunky console port.
View Quote

I have shit internet speeds, thanks for saving me some download time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I decided to play through in the correct order and just finished Infinite and the DLC. So far so good.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought the 3 pack with the DLC's for Infinite during the "summer sale" . I could barely play the first 2 games because of "stuttering" issues that looked like lag. Apparently theres some sort of hokey-pokey you do in the games files to make it tolerable, but I never messed around with it. I played through the First remaster last night, no stuttering, everything ran smooth, so I can't hate on it too bad.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
first runs perfect. im about halfway done the game on first playthrough. building my photo portfolio for Cohen.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
first runs perfect. im about halfway done the game on first playthrough. building my photo portfolio for Cohen.
View Quote

Not to give spoilers, but in a couple levels you'll have to collect Big Daddy Suit pieces. Either harvest or free the 3 little sisters on that level before you collect ANY of the suit pieces.. especially the helmet. The suit makes a shit load of noise, and I think I got motion sickness looking through that stupid helmet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I bought the 3 pack with the DLC's for Infinite during the "summer sale" . I could barely play the first 2 games because of "stuttering" issues that looked like lag. Apparently theres some sort of hokey-pokey you do in the games files to make it tolerable, but I never messed around with it. I played through the First remaster last night, no stuttering, everything ran smooth, so I can't hate on it too bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they did indeed fix a problem you were having then that is great... because they didn't fix much else else. Every "problem" I had with the original PC version of Bioshock I have with the "remasted" version. Same problems with the same "fixes". And the game plays the same with the same clunky mouse acceleration and consolized oversized interface.

But I "get it"... this was a free update, but it is a bare minimum update to get the old games to run on the new consoles with a teeny tiny dash of extra textures. I was expecting a much more thorough "remaster" than what they did. Sort of like the old Goldeneye vs the "remastered" version on Wii, or the old Halo and the "remastered" version for Xbox360. But that would have taken a shit ton more effort (and money) to make and I doubt they would have given it away for free to previous PC owners if that were the case.

I liked the game when I first played it on Xbox a long time go... but the PC port is still wonky for me. But what can I say, I got what I paid for.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I started playing the first one back in the day but couldn't get into it.  I think it was because I had so many multiplayer games going at the same time.  I'm thinking about giving it a shot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If they did indeed fix a problem you were having then that is great... because they didn't fix much else else. Every "problem" I had with the original PC version of Bioshock I have with the "remasted" version. Same problems with the same "fixes". And the game plays the same with the same clunky mouse acceleration and consolized oversized interface.

But I "get it"... this was a free update, but it is a bare minimum update to get the old games to run on the new consoles with a teeny tiny dash of extra textures. I was expecting a much more thorough "remaster" than what they did. Sort of like the old Goldeneye vs the "remastered" version on Wii, or the old Halo and the "remastered" version for Xbox360. But that would have taken a shit ton more effort (and money) to make and I doubt they would have given it away for free to previous PC owners if that were the case.

I liked the game when I first played it on Xbox a long time go... but the PC port is still wonky for me. But what can I say, I got what I paid for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been seeing a LOT of complaints on the STEAM boards about issues that haven't been fixed. I guess I got lucky. 2K did post up that a patch is coming for many of issues, but then again, it's an old game that was basically doctored to run on a PC platform. I know for a fact there is a Windows 10 issue on Borderlands 2 that causes random fps drops, so maybe a complete overhaul would need to be done to fix some of the inherent issues. Infinite ran flawlessly.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not to give spoilers, but in a couple levels you'll have to collect Big Daddy Suit pieces. Either harvest or free the 3 little sisters on that level before you collect ANY of the suit pieces.. especially the helmet. The suit makes a shit load of noise, and I think I got motion sickness looking through that stupid helmet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

beat all 3 games on the 360 and now have them for the ps4. you cant give any spoilers .
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#20]
beat the game today. dreading the no death play.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Save....A LOT
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No way.. I've got a little over 1800 hrs in Borderlands 2, 2100 hrs in Left 4 Dead 2, thousands in Condition zero (haven't played in almost a year tho), a no death run in Bioshock would put me in the nuthouse.

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#23]
started bioshock 2 and got stuck in the flooded room. couldnt move at all and didnt save after i opened the door with shock. little pissed about that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I never actually played the bioshock series. maybe I should pick this up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#25]
1 crashed on me about 30 minutes in. Beyond that it's been a stable experience. The game has not aged as gracefully as I expected.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
1 crashed on me about 30 minutes in. Beyond that it's been a stable experience. The game has not aged as gracefully as I expected.
View Quote

I had zero issues with 1 on the Xbone, 2 was a crashing motherfucker though and Infinite had some serious frame rate drops often.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
started bioshock 2 and got stuck in the flooded room. couldnt move at all and didnt save after i opened the door with shock. little pissed about that.
View Quote

I haven't started 2 yet. Busy trying to get packed to move.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I had zero issues with 1 on the Xbone, 2 was a crashing motherfucker though and Infinite had some serious frame rate drops often.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Infinite was stable for me with no dips or crashes. I haven't tried 2 yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top