Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 7:58:24 PM EDT
I searched and didn't see any big, active threads. I just recently installed it and am learning how to play it with a couple friends. Do any of yall play it? Got any fun skins?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I grew up playing a lot of the original Counter Strike. I thought CS:GO would be fun. Bought it when the came out, played for a while but lost interest.

It has become like the previous CS. Too many try hards and too many hackers. The new craze to keep it going is buying skins for your guns and gambling.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I played the older CS back in the day as well.  Isn't Rainbow Six Siege better in every way for that type of game?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I play it with a few buddies from high school. We mainly play Competitive.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I grew up playing a lot of the original Counter Strike. I thought CS:GO would be fun. Bought it when the came out, played for a while but lost interest.

It has become like the previous CS. Too many try hards and too many hackers. The new craze to keep it going is buying skins for your guns and gambling.
View Quote

Define "try hard" please. Trying hard to win, or something else. Heard it a few times in game but I'm not sure what it means. I suck at CS:go but I'm addicted. I got a cheap laptop just so I can get a thousand head shots in a night in offline mode while I travel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Define "try hard" please. Trying hard to win, or something else. Heard it a few times in game but I'm not sure what it means. I suck at CS:go but I'm addicted. I got a cheap laptop just so I can get a thousand head shots in a night in offline mode while I travel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say you're playing casual and not competitive. Most people play games for fun, the try hard is the dude losing his shit because he's giving it 110% in casual, being too serious, and not having fun. The definition sort of varies though from person to person.

Most of the people that actually say tryhard in a game generally just lost and are trying to imply the person that beat them was giving it everything while the loser just kind of let it happen because they're so fucking cool maaaaan. In the sense that he said try hard he probably meant the asshats that jump in casual and shit talk their own team for supposedly fucking up their k/d ratio or whatever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Say you're playing casual and not competitive. Most people play games for fun, the try hard is the dude losing his shit because he's giving it 110% in casual, being too serious, and not having fun. The definition sort of varies though from person to person.

Most of the people that actually say tryhard in a game generally just lost and are trying to imply the person that beat them was giving it everything while the loser just kind of let it happen because they're so fucking cool maaaaan. In the sense that he said try hard he probably meant the asshats that jump in casual and shit talk their own team for supposedly fucking up their k/d ratio or whatever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I was one of the guys that played the original CS but life got in the way for a while but I recently bought CS:GO and I actually really like it.  Not anywhere near as good as I used to be and don't care to be so I just play Casual for fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top