Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 7:17:35 AM EDT
Just found it yesterday. Free download and play. Can group without psn. If you like d&d rpg you might like it. Im level 7 tiefling warrior so far.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I play it like a single player hack-n-slash from time to time.  No downloadable dungeons like on PC makes it feel stale and lifeless.  Graphics and controls are not too bad, but the economy system is bonkers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I play it like a single player hack-n-slash from time to time.  No downloadable dungeons like on PC makes it feel stale and lifeless.  Graphics and controls are not too bad, but the economy system is bonkers.
View Quote

Yeah, it feels like there's 17 kinds of currency, all to take up space in your inventory. (But you can buy more inventory and bank space! )

I tried to like this game, and I did enjoy it for a while. I believe I made level 17 or so. In terms of gameplay, I enjoyed it, but the "buy our currency so you can buy this other stuff!" is too in-your-face. Usually I can ignore that stuff, but when they start dropping lockboxes in your inventory that require keys that have to be bought with real money to open them, they've gone too far.

It's a shame, because I'd probably have really enjoyed the game if they just had you buy it for full retail up-front.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Picking up the PS4 slim when it launches next month already scooped up some games, what other good RPGs are on the system other than Dragon Age?

Neverwinter is my cup of tea but the responses here have changed my mind.
View Quote
Definitely give Neverwinter a shot if you're interested, since it's a free download. Can't hurt! Not everyone will be as put off by the optional buys as I am.

The remaster of Skyrim is coming soon, if you haven't played that yet, or are interested in playing again.

Witcher 3 is incredible, but Witcher games are not always for everyone.

Fallout 4

Wasteland 2 - A lot of fun and sort of RPG'ish. More of a turn based strategy game with leveling and squad and inventory maintenance with RPG elements.

Divinity is good, but a bit clunky compared to the PC version.

Not really RPG, but Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, if you're into the Dark Souls style games.

ETA- There's also Elder Scrolls Online, but I admit I grew bored with that quickly. If you have friends playing it'll probably be more fun.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Im enjoying it. Dont care about spending money. Im totally self found. Made 26 this morning.if you like rpgs give it a shot. maybe if we play together we might get lucky finding gear. Im getting a lot of shit I cant use.

Other games definately check out dark souls 2 and 3
bloodborne
Fallout 4
witcher 3
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Picking up the PS4 slim when it launches next month already scooped up some games, what other good RPGs are on the system other than Dragon Age?

Neverwinter is my cup of tea but the responses here have changed my mind.
View Quote

Don't let negatives dissuade you from trying the game as its free.  I use it as in "inbetween" game when I am sick of others.  Play it for a couple of days and then come back to it weeks later.  Kind of what I did with World of Tanks until I perma "retired" it because it would take too long to advance the tank unlocks without shelling out real money.  Wish somebody would do a real Tank sim on consoles....hell, even PC  (Yes, I know about SB)

Advancement in Neverwinter is a steady stride as well as visiting new area's.  Bad thing is that quests/missions get repetitive.  You just do the same kill/collect/activate type mission in different environments like Snow, Forest, City, Underdark, Mountain, Volcano, etc...
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Look me up. I have a 39 guardian fighter and started a drow cleric that is lv 4. Psn name is same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top