Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2016 9:52:00 PM EDT
I started playing a few months ago (PS4), and I'm hooked. My COD buddies hate me for it because I just don't want to play anything else right now.
Anybody else?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I play it on PC.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#2]
It's sort of my "palate cleanser" PC game. When nothing else sounds good, when I'm kinda bored with everything, I'll do about an hour with it and I am good for another month or so.

I still don't really know what I am supposed to do on the ship. I just pick missions and go.

I still only have the one Tenno. I am on the Warframe email list and about once a month a get an email about Prime access and new Tenno's and weapons. Not really sure how to get them though.

Did see that they are coming out with pets though. I'd love a Tenno dag.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's sort of my "palate cleanser" PC game. When nothing else sounds good, when I'm kinda bored with everything, I'll do about an hour with it and I am good for another month or so.

I still don't really know what I am supposed to do on the ship. I just pick missions and go.

I still only have the one Tenno. I am on the Warframe email list and about once a month a get an email about Prime access and new Tenno's and weapons. Not really sure how to get them though.

View Quote

Buy plat with real money and then use the plat to buy the new weapons and warframes or farm up the materials to build the weapons and warframes

Kubrows have been out for ages. You should already have "Howl of the Kobrow" in your log. Unless you mean Kavats that were just released, but those are cats.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are quests that open up as you fulfill certain requirements/progress through the game, and those fill a story line to some degree, but I agree in that I wish there was more direction. Sometimes I feel like I'm just doing missions to expand my solar system, which for the most part you are, but that will eventually progress the game.

I've max-leveled 4 tennos (Excaliber, Nyx, Oberon and Valkyr) and a kubrow (tenno dag), and only just now ran out of the complimentary platinum that you start with; everything I've farmed for.

Missions, farming, forging and fine-tuning your characters' abilities/weapons....that's the name of the game. Oh and spending ridiculous amounts of time and/or money to get the latest armor that everyone is showing off, there's that too, if you're into that.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I played until the update with the dog and new ship. It got to involved and confusing to play casually.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I play it on PC every few months when I get completely bored with everything else I have. Usually grind it a few months then take a break again.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If any PC players need help with anything in game, let me know. Farming warframe parts to prime weapon pieces. I have a decent selection of weapons and frames for the farming process.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I play somewhat regular, feel free to add me on PC. TGxZach04.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the hints and tips guys. Will dive back into it once I return from vacation
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

This sounds exactly like how I play. I'm on PS4.

I'll log into it once every few weeks or so and run a few solo missions. Never tried multiplayer, which limits my missions selections considerably. I keep getting those annoying control point style missions blocking unlocks, which is why I don't play more.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I keep getting those annoying control point style missions blocking unlocks, which is why I don't play more.

View Quote

Interceptions? I hate those missions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep getting those annoying control point style missions blocking unlocks, which is why I don't play more.

I think that's them, yes. The ones where you have to control various locations for points, but are literally impossible to complete solo. (At least in my experience.)

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think that's them, yes. The ones where you have to control various locations for points, but are literally impossible to complete solo. (At least in my experience.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on your frame and weapon and how they're modded. I can do 20-30's interceptions solo, but it's a chore to do so. Also, the trick is not to cap one and try and guard it. As soon as you cap one, run to the next one. Do that for all 4 towers. Frames like frost can help by slowing mobs down. Tanky frames with speed mods work wonders as well.
As for weapons, my go to gun is Soma Prime ( mastery rank 6 weapon and 5 forma) modded for max crit/ crit damage and two 90% element mods. My new favorite is the Synoid Simular  modded for damage/ elements( mastery rank 12 and 3 forma ). If shotguns are your thing, Boar Prime.
If you were on PC, I'd be more than happy to help you out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I've only got the starting frame.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which? There are 3 starting frames you can choose from. Mag, Excalibur, and Loki. Excalibur is the best starter frame.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Which? There are 3 starting frames you can choose from. Mag, Excalibur, and Loki. Excalibur is the best starter frame.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't remember being given a choice, but it was a long time ago. I believe it's Excalibur. He looks a bit like Guyver.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't remember being given a choice, but it was a long time ago. I believe it's Excalibur. He looks a bit like Guyver.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it's different for consoles. I'm not sure, but it sounds like you have Excalibur.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Maybe it's different for consoles. I'm not sure, but it sounds like you have Excalibur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm likely remembering it wrong. It's probably been a year since I started it.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Have gotten back into it and have been grinding away again. If anyone on pc wants to squad up in-game name is ThePostman4149
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I play regularly on PC. Mostly stick to sorties and since my clan is dead I'm typically solo. If you need help with something, want to get a LoR squad going, or just want to kill stuff, feel free to add me in-game/on steam: EwokMonkeyHands
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top