BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

isnt there a catch up type mechanic so it takes a smaller percentage of points for an offspec or something? could have sworn I heard that...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so Ive got 2 110's. Im trying to decide how to spend some artifact power.
Druid - Main spec Feral
Offspec- Guardian (often used for world quests)

Paladin-
Main spec- Holy
Prot for world quests.

how far behind should I keep my offspecs?
75/25?

I'm dumping everything in main spec.  Every little bit.  It's real tempting to throw one of the 1,000 artifact power tokens at my off-spec, but the hardest-to-get artifact powers are pretty frickin' awesome....DH Vengeance is a chance to metamorph every time I consume fragments...stupidly powerful and cool.

isnt there a catch up type mechanic so it takes a smaller percentage of points for an offspec or something? could have sworn I heard that...

Research.  One point of research which I think had a 4 day cooldown gave me a 25% increase in AP gathered.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
okay, just didnt want to gimp myself one way or the other. being that both world quest specs are tanks I didnt want to miss anything big there that could help.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
okay, just didnt want to gimp myself one way or the other. being that both world quest specs are tanks I didnt want to miss anything big there that could help.
View Quote

I went w/ the AP configuration Icy-veins.com shows as survival route for a Vengeance DH.   If I was running it as offspec I'd make sure I got at least to the section where I got healing from all fire damage done.    You would be ahead to look at your toons and see what abilities you really want and then budget at least that much AP.  In the grand scheme of things when you go from 13K to 18K and up (WAY up as you go farther) per upgrade spending 20K to flesh out your offspec is nothing.    I've been tanking dungeons for gear, easy AP, and the bag for my spec being needed most of the time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
any of you playing rogue?
hearing outlaw is doing really well.
might try a few levels.
I really liked sub to be honest, i played well and was effective.

also, what is the best site for stats etc? Is icy veins legit? I also notice they only list PVE stat priorities...
although I mostly pvp i may pve for fun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
might try a few levels.

also, what is the best site for stats etc? Is icy veins legit? I also notice they only list PVE stat priorities...
View Quote

I've got all classes to at least 100.    I played w/ outlaw on my rogue after the prepatch and liked it, but I don't pvp by choice and I'm not big on rogues.    Tank > Heals > DPS if I can't do anything else.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've got all classes to at least 100.    I played w/ outlaw on my rogue after the prepatch and liked it, but I don't pvp by choice and I'm not big on rogues.    Tank > Heals > DPS if I can't do anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
might try a few levels.

I power leveled during invasions. so Ive got a 100 rogue now. I hear it has some benefits vs feral.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
how do I increase my wep ilvl?
I guess im going to have to start tanking dungeons, I cant do 35 min wait times to get in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess im going to have to start tanking dungeons, I cant do 35 min wait times to get in.
View Quote

Keep pumping artifact power into it, and get better artifact thingies to replace the ones you have.  Yeah, I never remember the right names for thingies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Keep pumping artifact power into it, and get better artifact thingies to replace the ones you have.  Yeah, I never remember the right names for thingies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

geez, ive seen some folks with 864 ilvl weps. :O
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been buzzing along in mythic with guildies as an 840 Holy Priest. ( I can easily 845+ that but waiting to see what drops, Im a tailor and am sitting on loads of obliterium.  This morning I had a great AH score, grabbed a Darkmoon Promises card. For 50k, I can flip it for 70-120k, but I'll probably hang onto it as the only thing that's going to limit holy's HPS in raid or Mythic +++ is mana, and blizz can always hit us with an expensive nerf bat. 850 promises is a good hedge.)

Right now I'm focusing on http://www.wowhead.com/guides/broken-isles-pathfinder-how-to-unlock-flying-in-legion

We're going to want it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been buzzing along in mythic with guildies as an 840 Holy Priest. ( I can easily 845+ that but waiting to see what drops, Im a tailor and am sitting on loads of obliterium.  This morning I had a great AH score, grabbed a Darkmoon Promises card. For 50k, I can flip it for 70-120k, but I'll probably hang onto it as the only thing that's going to limit holy's HPS in raid or Mythic +++ is mana, and blizz can always hit us with an expensive nerf bat. 850 promises is a good hedge.)

Right now I'm focusing on http://www.wowhead.com/guides/broken-isles-pathfinder-how-to-unlock-flying-in-legion

We're going to want it.
View Quote

I really need a guild or friends who actually do stuff.
Ive never ran a single thing with the guy who got me playing, he always "have to set up my bars and work on my professions..."  
I stopped even asking him to run anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We're going to want it.
View Quote

Ive never ran a single thing with the guy who got me playing, he always "have to set up my bars and work on my professions..."  
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're going to want it.

I got lucky and stumbled into a really active guild with some good folk in it...constantly seeing invites to run stuff, although I'm not geared enough to do a lot of it yet.  Playing catch-up, should be a lot of fun when I get there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

866 artifact weapon here.  When you unlock the 3rd slot from the class hall quest chain it really opens up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My tank weapon is 866.  My dps weapon is 855.  Still looking for a decent shadow artifact for DPS.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My boomkin's Scythe of Elune is 871.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#18]
My pally has his weapon at 869 and gear ilvl at 842 currently
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Stayed up too late again, but finished my order quest line and unlocked my glaives, main set is 853 now, ilvl is...829?  Pretty happy to have finished it up, though, it was getting old...the 108 hours of missions was a fucking stupid progress gate.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I did 4 mystics tonight. Man they are tough depending on the tank. They are challenging with a random group
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I swore I wouldn't get legion... but I did. Pretty fun so far. At 105 on my DK. If any horde want to group up let me know. I also have a druid worgen for you allies but I haven't played him yet this xpac.

Also, I like running classic dungeons/ raids duo or solo if anyone wants to.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I think I want to get back into raiding again. Any of you guys in an alliance guild that needs a mage?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Boomkin seems very underwhelming.  842 IL and an 871 Scythe of Elune and I'm always at the bottom of the dps charts. Looks like I may have to level my enhancement shaman for raiding.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#24]
so felt okay on feral im 50/50 on if i want to keep it as main.
I can dish some damage but i cant survive 2-3 hits from anyone.
So I considered maybe playing ret since I have a 110 paladin already, lots of defensives, lots of damage. I heal pvp as holy.
I got to discussing a few things and unholy was suggested. I got to 104 I think and im hearing its only so so.

It seems you either play rogue or DH or warrior w/healer.
I like the concept of damage/helping the group (tossing a saving swiftmend as feral to save the group kind of thing) and surviving in general.
Maybe what I really want is disc priest???
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Research.  One point of research which I think had a 4 day cooldown gave me a 25% increase in AP gathered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so Ive got 2 110's. Im trying to decide how to spend some artifact power.
Druid - Main spec Feral
Offspec- Guardian (often used for world quests)

Paladin-
Main spec- Holy
Prot for world quests.

how far behind should I keep my offspecs?
75/25?

I'm dumping everything in main spec.  Every little bit.  It's real tempting to throw one of the 1,000 artifact power tokens at my off-spec, but the hardest-to-get artifact powers are pretty frickin' awesome....DH Vengeance is a chance to metamorph every time I consume fragments...stupidly powerful and cool.

Every 5 days you get a 25% boost until 100, then it goes up exponentially.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Got my wep upgraded on feral and i think last follower maybe. It was a big quest that unlocked the first appearance change in the 2nd row.
I ran 1 random bg and it was alterac valley. I went as ham as possible and only lost the dps race to the 5 demon hunters in there.
Survivability slightly improved i guess. not sure.
Working on disc priest and then maybe unholy dk. Going to try and finish up paladin quest line. Really digging holy paladin heals.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#27]
I haven't played since WOTLK and my highest level character is a 80 Priest.  The Priest is basically stripped down with no special items (Heirlooms etc).

Do you think it's worth starting a whole new toon to relearn the game or just boost to 90?  I can't do the hardcore role anymore, so I'm looking at casual play.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I haven't played since WOTLK and my highest level character is a 80 Priest.  The Priest is basically stripped down with no special items (Heirlooms etc).

Do you think it's worth starting a whole new toon to relearn the game or just boost to 90?  I can't do the hardcore role anymore, so I'm looking at casual play.
View Quote

boost to 90. every class is pruned down a bit so its not so difficult to pick up something new.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

boost to 100, every class has been pruned so much it wont take long at all to pick it up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Every class is down to 4 buttons in preparation for going to console next expac.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Every class is down to 4 buttons in preparation for going to console next expac.
View Quote

I have 5 for just defensive abilities as holy paladin.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

boost to 90. every class is pruned down a bit so its not so difficult to pick up something new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll most likely demo it first by playing a PTR server for free.  Save me $65 first :)

If I do go back to live play, I'll level my Priest and boost a DPS.  I tanked CB, OB and up into BC before I switched over to a healer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll most likely demo it first by playing a PTR server for free.  Save me $65 first :)

If I do go back to live play, I'll level my Priest and boost a DPS.  I tanked CB, OB and up into BC before I switched over to a healer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After playing and jumping around on different characters I advise playing what you think is fun and if it is a class that's behind dps wise hopefully it will get adjusted.
Warlocks, frost dk, shaman and ret are all behind in dps
Rogue, dh, feral, are all doing good damage wise.
Heals are fun. I love holy priest I like it's simple style and all around toolkit. The artifact ability sucks though, random proc from power word abilities that seems to just duplicate heals.
Disc has changed alot. It mixes holy and shadow healing and still heals through atonement which has to be applied via certain heals.
Shadow I didn't care for but it is supposed to be in a good place damage wise. I read once they get some gear and things they will be top single target dos in the game.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Any dual wield classes worth playing now.  I used to have a Druid (64) and Warrior (65).

Any server recommendations? Busy but a stable economy?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any dual wield classes worth playing now.  I used to have a Druid (64) and Warrior (65).

View Quote

Fury warrior is fun but not ideal for pvp at all.
Frost dk has awesome abilities but their damage needs bad help.
Feral druid is technically dual weird and they are in a great place damage wise.
Demon hunters and outlaw rogues and windward monks are prob top dps now. Keep in mind pitchforks are out on wow forums over balance issues...
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Feral druid is technically dual weird and they are in a great place damage wise.
Demon hunters and outlaw rogues and windward monks are prob top dps now. Keep in mind pitchforks are out on wow forums over balance issues...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking up server data and decided to make a Panda/Shaman.  Any thoughts?  I have not purchased Legion yet or used a boost.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I was looking up server data and decided to make a Panda/Shaman.  Any thoughts?  I have not purchased Legion yet or used a boost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on darkspear. It's a good server imo.
As far as panda shaman I'm hearing good things about shaman they still need numbers adjusted like the rest. Check battle.net shaman forums, take that info with a huge grain of salt.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As far as panda shaman I'm hearing good things about shaman they still need numbers adjusted like the rest. Check battle.net shaman forums, take that info with a huge grain of salt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horde or alliance?

Wouldn't mind hopping on a server with fellow arfcommers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Horde or alliance?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horde or alliance?

for the alliance!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

for the alliance!!!
View Quote

I may hop over there. I have a DH tank, how would faction changing screw up my completed quests? I'm currently a blood elf.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I may hop over there. I have a DH tank, how would faction changing screw up my completed quests? I'm currently a blood elf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for the alliance!!!

No idea man. I'd imagine they would transfer it to the alliance equivalent or something.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Did they strip out quest lines to unlock special abilities?  i.e. I can't find quest line to unlock Totems.

Edit: NM
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My priest is on Blade's Edge.  I just looked at the AH and the economy is so fucked on this server now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:59:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My priest is on Blade's Edge.  I just looked at the AH and the economy is so fucked on this server now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They all are now WOD pumped out a huge amount of gold and burning to spend it on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#45]
nerf/buff hotfix I guess last night?
Link
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Link
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They all are now WOD pumped out a huge amount of gold and burning to spend it on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad.  42G for a 20slot netherweave bag.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seeing as grays frequently sell for over 100g I don't think that's such a hardship.  Hexweave bags are < 1,000 gold.  Bag space has never been cheaper.  Yeah, the economy is reset...and perhaps more so than previous expansions...but it does happen every expansion.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Seeing as grays frequently sell for over 100g I don't think that's such a hardship.  Hexweave bags are < 1,000 gold.  Bag space has never been cheaper.  Yeah, the economy is reset...and perhaps more so than previous expansions...but it does happen every expansion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just crazy how much inflation the game has had in the last three expansions.  I feel old as shit in WoW years.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Link
View Quote
Won't take affect until server restart. And warriors got fucked again.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top