Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Been toying around with ret.
Survive-ability is really good, better than warrior IMO.
Damage- Dont feel like I am doing any.
Utility is kinda meh, alot of it seems fleshed out with ashbringer from what I can tell by the calc.

I like steed better than the other "use up your holy power for 20% speed boost"
The biggest issue is only having one stun and having your biggest dps ability do the most damage during that stun.
Warriors can just power up their big ability and hulk smash with it.
Ill keep tinkering with it, it is fun still, just wish I was able to finish people off.

question:
Does the artifact weapon have any bearing in pvp or only the pvp talents?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

question:
Does the artifact weapon have any bearing in pvp or only the pvp talents?
View Quote

It will factor in, just like we are left waiting for the artifacts now in PvE.  This pre patch time is always strange.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The artifact weapon does impact pvp with respect to which traits you have unlocked.

However, I believe in PVP that gear levels are normalized to be within 10% Min-Max.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't played in years but am starting to feel the pull. Stahp meh
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
16 days to go.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's that dust in the wind teaser that's doing me in. Quit playing during cata.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

if youre coming get in here and level up in invasions. stupid easy XP/gear.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. 700 IL gear and weapons. Weapons can be upgraded to 725.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the details on the upgrades? (How?)
edit nvm i thought these did something else.
i see now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i see now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i see now.

Rare drop from the large chest or 150 shards. I wish all the gear could be upgraded to 725 and not just the weapons.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm struggling with the use of dark whispers. I can cast hysteria on a clump of players and stand a good chance of getting some of them killed if they aren't level capped, then I have to use cloak and go hide to drop aggro. Teabag for 5 mins and repeat. Not sure what a good technique is for using turn ally without getting someone grouped up with me to collaborate. I want to surprise dreadlord some auction mules.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I want to surprise dreadlord some auction mules.
View Quote

We had something like that going on on Hyjal. Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Scourge invasion event was on a whole different scale of epic than this one but it's still good times. I'm parking 4 different alts at 100 in the invasions and getting them gear they would never normally see. Powering up those BoA warglaives too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I just wish those weapon power ups weren't soulbound. I have one I looted on my druid that he has no use for.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I stopped playing at the beginning of Cata, have  characters on undermine and bloodhoof but nothing that was all decked out at the time
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just wish those weapon power ups weren't soulbound. I have one I looted on my druid that he has no use for.
View Quote

I bought a glaive. I've been mailing it around and powering it up with those coalesced fels. I'll make a DH eventually.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I bought a glaive. I've been mailing it around and powering it up with those coalesced fels. I'll make a DH eventually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hah. I forgot glaives were account bound. I'll do that. Just make sure you have 2 glaives for your DH.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I am really enjoying the Demon Hunter, vengeance is the balls. i spend more time t-bagging the other faction during the invasion than i do dealing with the event.
still cant decide what i will main in legion, between blood DK, veng. DH, aff. lock, enh. shaman, sub rogue, ww monk. been playing the shit out of all of them this week and like them all. someone help me lol.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am really enjoying the Demon Hunter, vengeance is the balls. i spend more time t-bagging the other faction during the invasion than i do dealing with the event.
still cant decide what i will main in legion, between blood DK, veng. DH, aff. lock, enh. shaman, sub rogue, ww monk. been playing the shit out of all of them this week and like them all. someone help me lol.
View Quote

I'm in same boat.
Warlock prob be my main.
Dk, DH tied. Love frost again.
Warrior- love all specs.
Paladin loving ret and holy, prot is meh.
Druid- feral and restore are both fun
Rogue needs leveled up, but if 100 I'd play it alot.
Sadly priest kinda sucks now, very sad. Gonna give it a 2nd pass.
Don't play hunter or sham. Gonna level sham next though...
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm noticing a trend on the invasions. Some players will just stay on a flying mount and hover over the event rather than actually participate and land where I can gank them. I'm also noticing that I can switch to cat form in midair and hit them with moonfire as I fall. This has resulted in some good times. I think with a parachute cloak I could hit the highest flyers without relying on the innate safe fall of cat form. Time to pick up engineering.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm noticing a trend on the invasions. Some players will just stay on a flying mount and hover over the event rather than actually participate and land where I can gank them. I'm also noticing that I can switch to cat form in midair and hit them with moonfire as I fall. This has resulted in some good times. I think with a parachute cloak I could hit the highest flyers without relying on the innate safe fall of cat form. Time to pick up engineering.
View Quote

I hover all the time. Feeding kids? go afk in an invasion!
720 gear dropping now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Goblin glider kits are tradable.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#23]
i got yelled at by a salty dude when i stumbled upon an invasion at my quest giver and had no clue what to do. I was like level 13 and he bitched at me for doing nothing then on the final stage said he was just going to hover and watch everyone else kill the boss
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#24]
new quest line of some kind with khadgar...
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where does that start at?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

should have an apparition following you around with a ! over his head.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I had not logged in recently.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#28]
so they nerfed XP then hotfixed XP from killing the demons.
trying to combat those afk'ers (like me).
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Did some scouting around draenor now that I can fly there. Pillars of fate has the best high ledge that gets trafficked that I've found so far. People go there to do the apexis dailies, they go near the edge, they catch a typhoon from stealthed cat form. They go for a long fall. The only other places I can think of that would be good for that would be parts of pandaria. I hope legion has some terrain suitable for this activity.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did some scouting around draenor now that I can fly there. Pillars of fate has the best high ledge that gets trafficked that I've found so far. People go there to do the apexis dailies, they go near the edge, they catch a typhoon from stealthed cat form. They go for a long fall. The only other places I can think of that would be good for that would be parts of pandaria. I hope legion has some terrain suitable for this activity.
View Quote

That's my pvp trick for Ashran. Hunters go up in the towers to barrage everyone. I come up behind them in cat form and blow them off the tower. They take fall damage and land smack dab in the middle of the raid.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Nagrand is the best place so far for typhooning players off of cliffs. There's a bit gorge in the middle with two named mobs. Working that area has been hilarious. I've also observed that the demon hunters glide ability lets them gank flying afkers very well. I'm still a ways away from my engineering parachute cloak. Once I knock that out this weekend even the highest flying invasion squatter will not be safe.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Been Levelling alts through invasions. Rogue is only alliance one left.
Have a druid and a like 18 shaman horde. Not in a huge hurry for them though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im with ya. Was looking up my old accounts doing some hemming and hawing. My dk is 100 shaman and rogue in the 90s. My poor lock and wsrrior went to the way side with the 3rd expansion.

I really miss vanilla. Started at launch and we were always on the front of the curve. My poor toons were infamous back then. My lock was an alt and was still one of the god like warlocks on our server. Critting 10k was unreal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Im with ya. Was looking up my old accounts doing some hemming and hawing. My dk is 100 shaman and rogue in the 90s. My poor lock and wsrrior went to the way side with the 3rd expansion.

I really miss vanilla. Started at launch and we were always on the front of the curve. My poor toons were infamous back then. My lock was an alt and was still one of the god like warlocks on our server. Critting 10k was unreal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go play on PTR for free and see what you think. Hustle though...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go play on PTR for free and see what you think. Hustle though...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#36]
How do I do that? I have no current game time on my account.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How do I do that? I have no current game time on my account.
View Quote

you dont need any! thats why i told you to do it.
play what is currently live without paying for it. Go!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#38]
No option for the PTR as of yet. Standing by while WOW updates.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:04:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Got in PTR  and played for a good long while. The railroading of specs is odd. Warlock feels very broken to me

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got in PTR  and played for a good long while. The railroading of specs is odd. Warlock feels very broken to me

View Quote

define broken?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#41]
None of the new rotations feel very dynamic. Playing my warlock used to feel very aggressive.  Now its just keep dots up and drain life. Its lost that heavy hitter feel. Where your dots are pouring on the damage while throwing hard hitting damage. Classes were dynamic and builds crossed multiple trees. Now its choose this spec and click 7 talents most of which are clear choices between pve and pvp. affliction doesn't even have any "bolt" to cast

Fury warrior felt good, Fire mage did massive damage like fire mages do. Frost DK seemed normal etc. Maybe its because we used such a hybrid build back in the day and even tho it worked WOW never intended it to be played that way? Ive yet to mess around with a Shaman I played elemental for a couple years. Maybe that will give me more of that busy feel.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
None of the new rotations feel very dynamic. Playing my warlock used to feel very aggressive.  Now its just keep dots up and drain life. Its lost that heavy hitter feel. Where your dots are pouring on the damage while throwing hard hitting damage. Classes were dynamic and builds crossed multiple trees. Now its choose this spec and click 7 talents most of which are clear choices between pve and pvp. affliction doesn't even have any "bolt" to cast

Fury warrior felt good, Fire mage did massive damage like fire mages do. Frost DK seemed normal etc. Maybe its because we used such a hybrid build back in the day and even tho it worked WOW never intended it to be played that way? Ive yet to mess around with a Shaman I played elemental for a couple years. Maybe that will give me more of that busy feel.
View Quote

affliction hits like a truck so I dunno. I love the dot and drain playstyle.
all warrior specs are good imo, fire mage is fun but has always seemed so gear dependent.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#43]
life steal used to be a filler just to re up life so healers could focus on the melee. Maybe ill try destruction and see if thats more like what I'm missing. The dot and drain is probably super laid back for long raids tho haha
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
life steal used to be a filler just to re up life so healers could focus on the melee. Maybe ill try destruction and see if thats more like what I'm missing. The dot and drain is probably super laid back for long raids tho haha
View Quote

I 99% pvp so Im not sure about pve feels.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Thanks for posting that!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#47]
finished my rogue up today, working on a shaman.
the XP gains are just too good.
do stages 1-3, log out- repeat.
I did 30 levels in 2 hours. most of that was getting out of the questing zone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I left after they got rid of talent trees and now they trimmed even more abilities. I like abilities and talents, but they had to dumb it down to far
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I left after they got rid of talent trees and now they trimmed even more abilities. I like abilities and talents, but they had to dumb it down to far
View Quote

Talent tree argument is kinda outdated. Like they said, people were just going to x website and plugging in what x website said was best. There wasnt any thought into it. With the new talent system you can greater customize the way your spec plays. There are several different "builds" for warrior as an example now. Bleed damage, aoe focus, single target focus, cooldown focus etc. This is way nicer.
As far as the recent pruning, its extremely nice. They didnt trim more abilities they more or less merged them where they had overlap. Id rather have 4-6 abilities that I could focus on, talent in more passive or on demand abilities and still have room for artifact weapon stuff and pvp talents. I think its in a great place right now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#50]
less of anything is not better, thats what the people that still play it say,, that it is better with less options,, nothing is better with less options. lets get rid of all cars and only have 2 options because they are the best ones anyways
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top