BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't take affect until server restart. And warriors got fucked again.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nerf/buff hotfix I guess last night?
Link
Won't take affect until server restart. And warriors got fucked again.  

That demon spikes change is gonna hurt demon hunters big time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a legendary today!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I got a legendary today!
View Quote

Congrats!

1st person in my guild got theirs over the weekend too.

We haphazardly went into Emerald Nightmare in normal,  got the 1st boss Nyth and the Dragons down.  Tried Ursoc, we have a tank gibbing issue and by then it was too late (like 1am).
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I got a legendary today!
View Quote
Start farming everything heroics mythical etc you can. system is still broken so you may get more.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Got the leatherworking mount recipe this evening.  Fuck me, did that suck.

Sheer luck, I happened to have an avalanche potion in my bags...always wondered if it would come in handy.  Yeah, did it ever...did not know you could use potions while mounted now, for one thing...and the waterfall is easy with a stack of those.  I say a stack...it actually only takes 2 potions, but you have to get the timing down and make it to the next checkpoint.  Take 20, and thank me when you're done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]
healed lfr tonight, was fun, got some upgraded gear.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:06:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Did the first 6 in emerald nightmare last night. Was unholy deeps on the first 3, and blood tanked the dragons, spider, and cenarius. We ran out of time so had to stop before last boss, we will probably clear normal sunday and start on heroic monday. It was fairly easy, we downed them all with very little research in less than a handful of pulls each. Going into it I did zero research and knew nothing about the encounters, plus my deadly boss mods shit the bed so I had to do it old school lol. I found out that my dk tank can take 100 stacks of the debuff on cenarius before the healers start to bitch at me the other tank just calls me OP now instead of my in game name lol.

I have my blood and unholy sets both around 850, fury warrior at 845, and my lock is just starting heroics, resto/feral druid should be 110 by the weekend. Having tons of fun this expansion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did the first 6 in emerald nightmare last night. Was unholy deeps on the first 3, and blood tanked the dragons, spider, and cenarius. We ran out of time so had to stop before last boss, we will probably clear normal sunday and start on heroic monday. It was fairly easy, we downed them all with very little research in less than a handful of pulls each. Going into it I did zero research and knew nothing about the encounters, plus my deadly boss mods shit the bed so I had to do it old school lol. I found out that my dk tank can take 100 stacks of the debuff on cenarius before the healers start to bitch at me the other tank just calls me OP now instead of my in game name lol.

I have my blood and unholy sets both around 850, fury warrior at 845, and my lock is just starting heroics, resto/feral druid should be 110 by the weekend. Having tons of fun this expansion.
View Quote

I check the forums daily, people bitching and bitching. They would complain if they found 10$ laying on the ground. Im having a good time. I wish they had the balance numbers out closer to the beginning. I didnt level my lock, not because the numbers but because I was playing other classes but Im glad I didnt waste the whole first few weeks working on a class that was already behind everyone else.
Ive been tinkering with unholy/frost (used to main frost). blood is fun too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Whoa EN on mythic is rough. We are 7/7 heroic and only got mythic Neth down to 49% after about 20 wipes
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I only recently hit 110 with my unholy DK.  My GS is around 800 if memory serves, probably a little less.

Without a guild, what should I be doing?  Grinding more GS and then pugging random dungeons?  Can I run any how?

I've reached the point where a lot of class/hall/skills cannot be progressed without multiplayer content and I'm not sure the best way to tackle it (I still have my guild, which is fully built, but all the players have stopped playing during Cata).
View Quote

Just keep doing quests.  The regular quest lines, along with World Quests, will get you to 840 pretty quick.

Best way to tackle the instances?  You're dps...hop in a queue and run some instances.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just keep doing quests.  The regular quest lines, along with World Quests, will get you to 840 pretty quick.

Best way to tackle the instances?  You're dps...hop in a queue and run some instances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only recently hit 110 with my unholy DK.  My GS is around 800 if memory serves, probably a little less.

Without a guild, what should I be doing?  Grinding more GS and then pugging random dungeons?  Can I run any how?

I've reached the point where a lot of class/hall/skills cannot be progressed without multiplayer content and I'm not sure the best way to tackle it (I still have my guild, which is fully built, but all the players have stopped playing during Cata).

Yeah, World Quests are great if you don't have a regular group you run with.  Do those, hop in queue or group finder if you get group or dungeon quests.

Sorry but having an empty guild is just like playing solo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I check the forums daily, people bitching and bitching. They would complain if they found 10$ laying on the ground. Im having a good time. I wish they had the balance numbers out closer to the beginning. I didnt level my lock, not because the numbers but because I was playing other classes but Im glad I didnt waste the whole first few weeks working on a class that was already behind everyone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love playing affliction, my lock has been my favorite alt since BC, i would switch my main to my lock in a second if it had the numbers to be competitive in a raid environment. At the moment my DK is putting up huge numbers in aoe fights and will easily sustain 240-280 single target (unholy) if I can stay on a boss, unless that changes the lock is sidelined, or at least reserved for PVP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Whoa EN on mythic is rough. We are 7/7 heroic and only got mythic Neth down to 49% after about 20 wipes
View Quote

You guys happen to need a fire mage? I'm starting to getting into raiding again currently 7/7N and 2/7 H, guild I'm in now is horrible.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You guys happen to need a fire mage? I'm starting to getting into raiding again currently 7/7N and 2/7 H, guild I'm in now is horrible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are insane to get into. I know we aren't taking dps now though. We finally downed Neth on mythic last night. The mind control is insane.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#16]
havent posted in a while, just kind of letting things settle.
I havent been on druid in a bit, hammering paladin. Ret is alot of fun.
I just dinged 110 on DK and ive almost got a sick feeling in my gut, should have went war or lock maybe.
Frost is soooo squishy. can barely quest.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I started from scratch.  It's amazing how much faster things go with 3-4 Heirloom pieces.

100 Druid
87 Priest
62 Paladin
40 Mage
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
havent posted in a while, just kind of letting things settle.
I havent been on druid in a bit, hammering paladin. Ret is alot of fun.
I just dinged 110 on DK and ive almost got a sick feeling in my gut, should have went war or lock maybe.
Frost is soooo squishy. can barely quest.
View Quote

I abandoned my frost DK about a week into the expansion item level 833 and its a joke. Re rolled to my warrior and got him into the high 830s. Then kind of stalled. Played some low level druid. Hopped on a old low level pali and played that for a bit.

My shaman is in the mid 100s and just not feeling it.

Im kind of meh at this point.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#19]
guy topped the meters in a bg as frost last night.
im doing good as unholy. Only think I could not kill was a disc priest.
im like 799 ilvl.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]
My fairly casual guild killed Xavius in normal last night,  wish all the people that said they wanted to raid actually showed up, took a few pugs with including people that had already cleared heroic.  Glad they were ok slumming it with us.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm still climbing my way up to 110 Got my warrior to like 73...been itching to transition over to my 84 DK. Warrior was straight forward but at a glance it looks to me like DK's got their specs worked over really hard between cata and now
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#22]
working on frost dk lately.
Feels good to be back in a very familiar spec with lots of builds.
wish our damage was a bit better. mobility doesnt seem to be as bad as everyone bitches about.
839 gear pulled 655 burst on a training dummy. Breath spec is nuts. Thinking obliterate might be better for healer killer etc
looking to get into more pve stuff and get some gear.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:35:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone try the new kara yet?
Did a partial run earlier with a couple guildies and a couple pugs, it is pretty fun, so far none of the fights are the same as they used to be so we spent a couple pulls each learning mechanics. My tank set on my dk is around 855 and got rocked a few times by the trash, spiders are scary.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#24]
No Kara for me yet, I haven't even done all the mythics.  I'll get around to it.  Maybe.

I finally get the fox mount quest, going through the missions now.  2 down, 2 to go.  Got the drop from an Emissary turn-in.  I have just enough time to get the mount and ride it around for a day or two before my subscription expires, then I'm most likely done and focusing on Star Citizen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not done with the Kara attunement quest yet.  Did HOV mythic before we did EN, and VH mythic after.  Still need to do Black Rook and Vault.

I saw 2 legendaries drop last night, one during the HOV run (for the other hunter in the run) and one from the 1st boss of EN (for our warrior who offspec tanks when we need him to).
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Much less time to play these days, plus a lot of alt playtime = slow progression.  My DK is 110 w/817 GS, but I'm just not getting around to running the dungeons on normal mode
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No Kara for me yet, I haven't even done all any of the mythics.  I'll get around to it.  Maybe.

Much less time to play these days, plus a lot of alt playtime = slow progression.  My DK is 110 w/817 GS, but I'm just not getting around to running the dungeons on normal mode

I'd probably be a lot more comfortable running mythics if I ran a damage meter.  I have no idea if I suck or if I'm doing good.  I think I do okay, but the uncertainty of my performance + the annoyance factor of getting a group formed steers me towards just doing WQs and killing time doing legacy stuff for fun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I play a Horde Hunter on the Uthur server.

Ilvl 851 im down for mythics and raids if you need some deeps.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Sooo, could a person who has never played Wow jump in and play Legion without buying 300 bucks worth of expansion packs?
And have they updated the graphics since I last saw this game in person, in about 2007?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#31]
you buy legion and you get all the content that came before it
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#32]
My buddy and I are looking to get into Mythics.  We're Alliance on Nordrassil.  I play a Ret Paladin but can tank and he's a Resto druid that can DPS.  Anyone feel like carrying us showing us the ropes?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Omen says I'm doing okay on dps - topped every dungeon so far, and even topped the world boss fight (back when I was iLvl 800-ish) due to all the aoe.  Now I just need to learn the fights and minimize the drag on the healer.
View Quote

Omen is a threat meter. If you want a DPS meter, get Skada.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, I realized that after I opened up the game again.  I meant recount, although I guess skada is the new hotness?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Omen says I'm doing okay on dps - topped every dungeon so far, and even topped the world boss fight (back when I was iLvl 800-ish) due to all the aoe.  Now I just need to learn the fights and minimize the drag on the healer.

Omen is a threat meter. If you want a DPS meter, get Skada.

Yeah, I realized that after I opened up the game again.  I meant recount, although I guess skada is the new hotness?

Skada has been around for awhile. To me and others that use it, it's more accurate than recount and doesn't use as much memory.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#37]
So I've been playing my mage and hunter a bit to find a ranged dps class, and just was not really enjoying either.

So yesterday, got bored, and got tired of looking at my stupid-looking gnome warlock, so was just going to hop on and goof with some transmogs so at least he looked cooler on the character selection screen.

Ended up playing him a bit...Affliction, always, since vanilla...and it felt like I was playing vanilla again.  Incredibly easy to play, super-simple soloing...just an absolute joy.  Picked up about 10 levels, got him into Legion and got his artifact.  I have a feeling I'll be 110 in the next couple of days, just really having a good time with it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:29:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I enjoy my Afflock.  I'm just not sure the damage is there.  I haven't played it since the patch, so it may be better now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I've been playing my mage and hunter a bit to find a ranged dps class, and just was not really enjoying either.

So yesterday, got bored, and got tired of looking at my stupid-looking gnome warlock, so was just going to hop on and goof with some transmogs so at least he looked cooler on the character selection screen.

Ended up playing him a bit...Affliction, always, since vanilla...and it felt like I was playing vanilla again.  Incredibly easy to play, super-simple soloing...just an absolute joy.  Picked up about 10 levels, got him into Legion and got his artifact.  I have a feeling I'll be 110 in the next couple of days, just really having a good time with it.

I enjoy my Afflock.  I'm just not sure the damage is there.  I haven't played it since the patch, so it may be better now.

Decent burst, low but steady in the long fight, gives you some freedom to move.  Once I get the trait where Unstable Affliction has a chance to refresh itself,  I may revise that to moderate but steady.  The burst comes from laying on 5 UAs, and with luck you can keep that going for about 10 casts (the 1st ends right about the time you finish casting the 5th)...if they refresh themselves, you can probably keep them up a lot better.

The strength of a lock is survivability....and that it is.  Loads of self heals keep you in the fight.  Soloing with one is just fun and easy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#40]
I now have a 110 Paladin, Druid and a 100 Priest.

I had a few questions about how to build the characters.

Paladin: DPS only.  Alc/Herb 700/800

Druid: DPS only. No profession

Priest: Shadow primary and Disc secondary. Ench/Tailor 700/800

Shadow: Upgrade the Shadow weapon and find Shadow gear?
Haste/Crit/Mastery

Disc: Don't upgrade Disc weapon to save points for Shadow and only find Disc gear?
Int/Haste/Crit

Disc Alternative: Don't upgrade weapon to save points for shadow and only craft Disc gear?
Int/Haste/Crit

Shadow/Disc: Upgrade the Shadow weapon and find Shadow gear BUT enchant with Disc stats? This way it's easy to switch classes for dungeons without a full gear swap.
Haste/Crit/Master +Int enchants

Edit: Found a few good guides on Priests. Found out what to do.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Haven't played since WotLK. How does it compare? Worth getting back into for?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Having fun on fdk, 861ilvl.
Just got my DH to 110. Wondering if I made a mistake though since I'm hearing vengeance isn't great in pvp. We'll see.
Lots of tuning still to come on blizzards end.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Having fun on fdk, 861ilvl.
Just got my DH to 110. Wondering if I made a mistake though since I'm hearing vengeance isn't great in pvp. We'll see.
Lots of tuning still to come on blizzards end.
View Quote

Vengeance is pretty bad solo, but it might be good paired up with a buddy, ranged dps perhaps to compliment the unparalleled mobility of Vengeance.

I stopped playing my DH and rogue, I'm gearing up my lock now.  I think I may be done after that, I don't really like the crafting system so I'm running out of entertaining stuff to do.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Having a good time actually on VDH.
It's opposite of fdk. The sigils are cool and I have several stuns.
Pretty decent counter to mw monks, looking forward to getting the taunt honor talent, thinking it will help burn people down. I'm still really bad with it but I 1v1 a frost dk in world pvp with 805 ilvl. I just sit back and help pick off targets and lock down other players in the mean time. I will probably tinker with havoc a bit here soon. I don't like it as well but probably necissary.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#46]
wrong thread! :D
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

WTF does that have to do with WoW: Legion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heavy week this week. going good. Powered through bench press like nobody's business today. Next round ill move on up from this weight range on BBB.
Been hungry as a bear lately too, trying not to eat just anything but trying not to be hungry either.
My wife is doing keto, on her own this time, and working out on her days off. (some beach body routine). She is doing really good.
She found an awesome recipe:
Bake chicken breast,
cut in half, add pizza sauce/toppings, put in oven and melt, eat. I usually eat about 1lb of chicken a day on that. Ranch sauce on the side.

Just focusing on getting stronger, eating right and recovery.

Drunk posting ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heavy week this week. going good. Powered through bench press like nobody's business today. Next round ill move on up from this weight range on BBB.
Been hungry as a bear lately too, trying not to eat just anything but trying not to be hungry either.
My wife is doing keto, on her own this time, and working out on her days off. (some beach body routine). She is doing really good.
She found an awesome recipe:
Bake chicken breast,
cut in half, add pizza sauce/toppings, put in oven and melt, eat. I usually eat about 1lb of chicken a day on that. Ranch sauce on the side.

Just focusing on getting stronger, eating right and recovery.

wrong thread lol sorry
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Speaking of legion though. 7.1.5 ptr is out, people are pissed.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top