Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Just uploaded to YouTube. It's my first video I've recorded. Trying to play around with some editing software...I have lots to learn.

My PC froze up or my graphics cards decided to fuck up...

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just uploaded to YouTube. It's my first video I've recorded. Trying to play around with some editing software...I have lots to learn.

View Quote
Use AviDemux to chop it up without re-encoding then follow this Handbrake guide to get it finalized for uploading:

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/9tCs3Spelb0

View Quote

Awesome. Looks great. Video editing is fun. What program are you using? We used to use Pinnacle to edit football highlight videos (I coached for years). It was super easy to use, but expensive.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yeah same here, on a ryans zombies server they normally swarm campers so a camper has maybe 5 minutes before he starts to hear groans of incoming Zs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In other news I've become more fond of exile servers with Ryan zombies because it deters campers.

If I play on a normal exile server I just get nailed by snipes who are camping 1100 meters out

That's a very good point. So what server do you play? THE CAMPING at missions is insane on some servers. Ha. We try to go in and take missions, we kill all the AI...grab their loot,and get sniper as we access the crate of supplies. Ha.

yeah same here, on a ryans zombies server they normally swarm campers so a camper has maybe 5 minutes before he starts to hear groans of incoming Zs

We found a very cool Exile server for Tanoa.

BMF Exile Tanoa. A Swedish server. Been low pop late at night though. Try it. Feel free to message me or reply if you want to run with us. It is a clean server.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:42:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Awesome. Looks great. Video editing is fun. What program are you using? We used to use Pinnacle to edit football highlight videos (I coached for years). It was super easy to use, but expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/9tCs3Spelb0

Recorded with Nvidia GeForce Experience.  The above video isn't edited.I downloaded a trial of Adobe Premier Pro to see how I like it. Currently encoding the same video with some edits. Don't really know what I'm doing. I have it edited the way I like it for now...mainly playing with some things. Hoping I'm exporting it correctly.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Gonna be on arma all night, playing exile on esseker with zombies.

My steam names tohbii, hit me up if you wanna play with us
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gonna be on arma all night, playing exile on esseker with zombies.

My steam names tohbii, hit me up if you wanna play with us
View Quote

Looking to play A3 again. I wasn't able to find you though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be playing KOTH later
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Raider14 and I were doing some work yesterday, we were doing great shelling AI with the grenade launcher until we got destroyed by an attack helo.

sometimes arma makes me want to throw my PC out the window.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Raider14 and I were doing some work yesterday, we were doing great shelling AI with the grenade launcher until we got destroyed by an attack helo.

sometimes arma makes me want to throw my PC out the window.
View Quote

AI are too predictable.

PVP keeps things....interesting
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone going to be on Arma tonight?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Most of us work during the week to pay for the Internet so we can play on the weekends
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#13]
dangerdan, and a few others, I have good (or awful) news for you.

So, I had to stop playing ARMA (mainly KotH) about a year ago, my laptop started being a POS, and ran out of memory.  I FINALLY got around to ordering another SSD (128GB SSD is my C drive, where ARMA and such are located) and I will be transferring files Friday.  I should be back in the game over the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've been on a few month hiatus from arma but just got apex and have been getting back into it. My favorite is still exile or wasteland on chernarus, or any map with CUP/RHS mods.

I think my steam is unmotomarine0351 or its supergtr77. I can't remember which. Be my friend.
View Quote

It's unmotomarine0351 you boot.

ETA- the new launcher makes hunting down all these damned mods super easy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Most of us work during the week to pay for the Internet so we can play on the weekends
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Single life. Bed time isn't till 11.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Any good single player campaigns or missions out there? Need something for when I don't have Internet.  And I've done the prologue, where's the rest of the campaign?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any good single player campaigns or missions out there? Need something for when I don't have Internet.  And I've done the prologue, where's the rest of the campaign?
View Quote

There's a guy that makes a few different scenarios you can download.  They're called Dynamic Recon Ops.  There's one like Dynamic Recon Ops Tanoa, DRO Stratis, DRO Altis, etc.  

Through the week when I have like 1 hour to play I'll jump in one.  You can load out your team to include whatever size squad (up to 8) that you want and customize each of them from weapons to kit.  Then you can pick how you'll get dropped in whether its by ground or air.  You'll be assigned some random ops to perform like gather intel, rescue hostage, or eliminate hvt.  Then you gotta get the hell out of the AO.  Everyone one I've done plays out like a freaking movie.  

Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There's a guy that makes a few different scenarios you can download.  They're called Dynamic Recon Ops.  There's one like Dynamic Recon Ops Tanoa, DRO Stratis, DRO Altis, etc.  

Through the week when I have like 1 hour to play I'll jump in one.  You can load out your team to include whatever size squad (up to 8) that you want and customize each of them from weapons to kit.  Then you can pick how you'll get dropped in whether its by ground or air.  You'll be assigned some random ops to perform like gather intel, rescue hostage, or eliminate hvt.  Then you gotta get the hell out of the AO.  Everyone one I've done plays out like a freaking movie.  

Highly recommended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highly recommended.

That sounds great, thanks man.

I've been playing the hell out of Whole Lotta Altis, that shit is super fun.  So much shit going on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#19]
if anyone wants to try a modded server, 7cav runs an air cav vietnam server that runs organized missions a few nights a week with 60+ people. all 3 required mods are on steam workshop

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Tired of WOT and looking at giving this a shot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I have been mainly playing king of the hill when time allows. Glad to see this thread is still going
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, I am in a unit that runs Modded Zeus ops on our server, as well as the experimental server I co-host with AccuracyThruVolume.   http://16thjsoc.enjin.com/home

We run mods and mission types that we are just trying out, stuff that the unit doesn't want to run, or Persistent missions like ALIVE based stuff, or Antistasi.

It's still usually lots of mods, but occassionally we will run a vanilla mission for a week or 2, or lightly modded stuff (Just TFAR, or ACE and TFAR) to see if we get any pubbies to join.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Am I dumb if I want to upgrade to a new laptop for ARMA 3? Currently play on a Sager NP9170, i7-4660 or some shit, 2.4ghz I think. Found a Sager with i7-6700 4.0-4.2 processor, GTX 1070 gpu, up to 64GB DDR4 RAM.

Has to be a laptop, don't go down that path.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Am I dumb if I want to upgrade to a new laptop for ARMA 3? Currently play on a Sager NP9170, i7-4660 or some shit, 2.4ghz I think. Found a Sager with i7-6700 4.0-4.2 processor, GTX 1070 gpu, up to 64GB DDR4 RAM.

View Quote

The specs sound fine.  What kind of storage drive?  Arma loves SSD's.

Those specs with a SSD should be good.  Just know ahead of time that Arma is notorious for running like crap regardless of specs in multiplayer.  But for me it's worth it cause no other game provides what Arma does for me, except maybe D&D table top lol.

Good luck in your purchase, sounds like a good rig.  Sager is gtg.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Those specs with a SSD should be good.  Just know ahead of time that Arma is notorious for running like crap regardless of specs in multiplayer.  But for me it's worth it cause no other game provides what Arma does for me, except maybe D&D table top lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Sager I currently have I just replaced the old SSD with a nice Samsung Evo 850.  I'd do the same on the new one, SSD as the primary drive with ARMA + mods and a HDD with everything else.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]
So I just tried KOTH after playing Wasteland for awhile, and my god, it is now my favorite. I wish I would have found it a bit sooner.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The Sager I currently have I just replaced the old SSD with a nice Samsung Evo 850.  I'd do the same on the new one, SSD as the primary drive with ARMA + mods and a HDD with everything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a great SSD.  I have one in my Lenovo Y580 laptop.  Samsung really makes great SSD's.  Had a Corsair Force GT in my desktop I ran Arma on and it died after a year unfortunately.  Replaced with Samsung.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So I just tried KOTH after playing Wasteland for awhile, and my god, it is now my favorite. I wish I would have found it a bit sooner.
View Quote

You're welcome. I've been busy over the past few weekends, hoping to be able to play Friday and Saturday night. Maybe Jethro will be on as well
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You're welcome. I've been busy over the past few weekends, hoping to be able to play Friday and Saturday night. Maybe Jethro will be on as well

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

GAME ON MOTHERFUCKERS...

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone recommend a server a total n00b can play on?  I started playing about a month ago almost all off line and the learning curve has been very steep for me.  Maybe because I'm 41 and don't have the eyes and reflexes I used to.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Look for some Vanilla King of the Hill servers if you just want to learn weapons and shoot people.  You can move slow, take your time, you don't have to run n' gun if you don't  want to.

If you're looking for tactical play, there are a ton of servers out there running Invade and Annex.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top