Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Welcome to Arma
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well im officially pissed off at this game.

ive been trying to connect for literally three hours now.

wasted my whole fucking afternoon, browsed forums trying to trouble shoot.

i use the fucking arma launcher, which is supposed to download the proper mods and guarantee connection, instead i load the fucking mission file.

get to the screen where i see the map, and suddenly get thrown back to the main menu with no fault code or error box. just spontaneous connection loss.

i dont fucking know, i have verified my mods over and over. I dont fucking know, this is why i have never gone towards PC gaming.

So much fucking work just for me to not play a game.

Welcome to Arma

Seems I resolved it for now, idk how I did it
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
the jungle cover in Tanoa really makes this tricky for engaging hostiles, you dont have the 600 m views that you have on the other maps.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, just trying a few things out on Tanoa at the moment with my group.  Ambushes have been hella fun on Tanoa so far :D

Glad you got your issues sorted Tohbii.  

As far as anyone playing? Got a unit with a couple servers and we tend to do stuff most nights, with weekends for actual missions and campaigns.  TONS of mods involved... not for the faint of heart or easily distracted ;)
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I was playing Wasteland again for a few weeks but the new APEX DLC has finally killed the game for me.  I'm not paying another $30+ for stuff that should have been part of the original game and I'm still pissed at how the Marksmen DLC broke the non DLC scopes.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was playing Wasteland again for a few weeks but the new APEX DLC has finally killed the game for me.  I'm not paying another $30+ for stuff that should have been part of the original game and I'm still pissed at how the Marksmen DLC broke the non DLC scopes.

View Quote

EA, Activision etc have been doing this for the past 5 or 6 years or more.

I'm not really complaining. Bohemia isn't as bad as the other guys. But it seems most people complain about buying DLC for Arma but are willing to spend and extra $70 for COD or BF
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not really complaining. Bohemia isn't as bad as the other guys. But it seems most people complain about buying DLC for Arma but are willing to spend and extra $70 for COD or BF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think most people weren't impressed with the map and a few extras for the price.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#8]
They should have bought it when it was on sale before release.
Tanoa is a fantastic map, and the engine update for lighting and EDEN is worth it.  

For those of us that make our own missions and run campaigns and/or Persistent games it's great.  With the addition of all the free mods out there it kicks the shit out of BF or COD.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tanoa is a fantastic map, and the engine update for lighting and EDEN is worth it.  

For those of us that make our own missions and run campaigns and/or Persistent games it's great.  With the addition of all the free mods out there it kicks the shit out of BF or COD.
View Quote

Isn't that available to everyone, not just the ones that purchased the addon?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Lighting and Eden yeah.  Tanoa the map?  Not that I am aware.  The map and all the new gear are inaccessible for play if you don't own it.   You can look at it in the Editor I believe.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lighting and Eden yeah.  Tanoa the map?  Not that I am aware.  The map and all the new gear are inaccessible for play if you don't own it.   You can look at it in the Editor I believe.
View Quote

You are correct on the map part and the extras, but the "optimization" (and I use that term loosely) was available to everyone.

Like I said, an expensive map + small extras.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not most people.

I haven't played COD since Modern Warfare 1 or Battlefield since 3 and only bought it because it was  50% off.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You are correct on the map part and the extras, but the "optimization" (and I use that term loosely) was available to everyone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought Arma 3 when it was still in Alpha for $25.

When Karts DLC came out, I didn't buy it because I thought it was stupid.

But one day I was playing wasteland and picked up a race helmet. All the DLC is available to everyone  (note sure about the Tanoa map), but I'd get random annoying tile screens and graphics telling me to buy the Karts DLC. It would eventually fade away, but then come back.

So when the helicopter DLC came out, I bought it plus Karts for $15.

The marksman DLC was a must...so I bought it for $15.

Then Apex...the biggest DLC in Arma 3 to date. It was a no brainer to buy it for $30 on sale before its full release.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

But one day I was playing wasteland and picked up a race helmet. All the DLC is available to everyone  (note sure about the Tanoa map), but I'd get random annoying tile screens and graphics telling me to buy the Karts DLC. It would eventually fade away, but then come back.

Then Apex...the biggest DLC in Arma 3 to date. It was a no brainer to buy it for $30 on sale before its full release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have made a good thing - I'm happy to support them in what they've done. I don't do Karts... sure I'm missing something but that's OK. Marksman, Helos and, now Apex though are well worth the money.

I'm not a fan of DLC but, in a game like this I can appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
now im getting non stop " disconnected from server : Battle eye client not responding"

i have deleted and installed the battle eye files fucking 10 times i know theyre in there correctly.

Why do the arma gods hate me?

2 weeks of unable to connect
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

now im getting non stop " disconnected from server : Battle eye client not responding"

i have deleted and installed the battle eye files fucking 10 times i know theyre in there correctly.

Why do the arma gods hate me?

2 weeks of unable to connect
View Quote

Make sure your modem or router's firmware is up to date.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:33:00 AM EDT
[#18]

first one could have used more allah

edit: also more akbar
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#19]
im on almost every night for a bit when im out on the road
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#20]
guys i think i may have figured it out.

this problem can be caused by your fire wall detecting incoming battle eye signals as a virus.

i went to the control panel, opened my firewall settings

then went to advanced settings

then went to windows fire wall with advanced security on local computer

once you click on this to the right it should say three green check marks under domain profile, if it doesnt go to your properties at the bottom of the window and change inbound connections to Allow.

i did this and i havent been booted yet, you guys try it and let me know if it works
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#21]
In other news I've become more fond of exile servers with Ryan zombies because it deters campers.

If I play on a normal exile server I just get nailed by snipes who are camping 1100 meters out
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Great vids!

Did you use Shadowplay to record?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think most people weren't impressed with the map and a few extras for the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Apex/Tanoa map is incredible. While I wish the DLC weapons were gone I do think that Tanoa has been a major upgrade. The jungle provides great cover for ambushes. That aspect of the game has been improved. We play a lot of Exile. But w e really enjoy milsim games too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In other news I've become more fond of exile servers with Ryan zombies because it deters campers.

If I play on a normal exile server I just get nailed by snipes who are camping 1100 meters out
View Quote

That's a very good point. So what server do you play? THE CAMPING at missions is insane on some servers. Ha. We try to go in and take missions, we kill all the AI...grab their loot,and get sniper as we access the crate of supplies. Ha.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's a very good point. So what server do you play? THE CAMPING at missions is insane on some servers. Ha. We try to go in and take missions, we kill all the AI...grab their loot,and get sniper as we access the crate of supplies. Ha.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah same here, on a ryans zombies server they normally swarm campers so a camper has maybe 5 minutes before he starts to hear groans of incoming Zs
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Great vids!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Great vids!

If that's the Nvidia program that comes with their GPU's then yes. I'm pretty sure it was shadow play
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#28]
So I'm a total n00b after downloading the apex edition yesterday so anyone wanna team up with me and show me the ropes? txgunner87 is my steam thingy

Also, where is the arfcom group? I've been looking for it and nothing pops up
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#29]
The "Arfcom group" broke up into splinter cells a while back.

I know some play in a group, but I'm not going to just hand out their Steam names and stuff.

You can hit me up on Steam if you'd like.  I play with a casual mil-sim group, and we have several servers.  I have a server of my own that is running vanilla Escape from Tanoa, and custom highly modded missions.

My steam handle is the same as my username.

Edit: here's the old Steam group for Arfcom http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ARFCOM
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The "Arfcom group" broke up into splinter cells a while back.

I know some play in a group, but I'm not going to just hand out their Steam names and stuff.

You can hit me up on Steam if you'd like.  I play with a casual mil-sim group, and we have several servers.  I have a server of my own that is running vanilla Escape from Tanoa, and custom highly modded missions.

My steam handle is the same as my username.

Edit: here's the old Steam group for Arfcom http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ARFCOM
View Quote

Sweet! I sent you a request
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
ive been playing on an exile server with ryans zombies enabled.

my steam handle is "PandaOnParole"
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cool, do I need to download anything for that?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have arma launcher?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:23:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked into it and downloaded everything I needed this afternoon. A3 launcher, Exile, Ryans Zombies, a few weapon mods, etc. Didn't get a chance to test but I don't see why it shouldn't be gtg
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#35]
I still play it but I only have my laptop at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I looked into it and downloaded everything I needed this afternoon. A3 launcher, Exile, Ryans Zombies, a few weapon mods, etc. Didn't get a chance to test but I don't see why it shouldn't be gtg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you use arma launcher it will download every mod the server has, I jump servers a lot and I don't have to worry about it
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So I'm a total n00b after downloading the apex edition yesterday so anyone wanna team up with me and show me the ropes? txgunner87 is my steam thingy

View Quote

Jethro and I need a driver so we can kill people when we play King of The Hill

Or at least a commander to pop smoke when missiles are inbound

Dangerdan87 or DangerDan87 is my steam name. If you see an avatar similar to mine here, congratulations, you found me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#38]
pffffff....I chauffeur myself brah.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#39]
KOTH missions updated?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Dangerdan87 or DangerDan87 is my steam name. If you see an avatar similar to mine here, congratulations, you found me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can do that but cannot promise I won't flip it I'm really joining KOTH so far even if I cannot kill anyone other than other n00bs. Damn shitty 5.56 Tavor

Quoted:

If you use arma launcher it will download every mod the server has, I jump servers a lot and I don't have to worry about it

I just did that, pretty damn cool

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I play on the Hostile Takeover KOTH servers as well, although lately I've been playing in their Tanoa server. I'll have to keep my eyes open for you guys.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#42]
That's why you need to roll with Jethro and me
Get all the assists and team points. You'll make money and level up quick.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

KOTH missions updated?
View Quote

Yeah, they're at 9++.

They added a Tanoa KOTH, wich kinda sucks. One city and everyone is a sniper.

They added all the Apex weapons and vehicles on regular koth.

I kinda miss the night time KOTH
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's why you need to roll with Jethro and me Get all the assists and team points. You'll make money and level up quick.
View Quote

Sounds like a plan when do yall play?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why you need to roll with Jethro and me Get all the assists and team points. You'll make money and level up quick.

I usually play Friday and Saturday nights. I'll play on a weekday if I take a weekday off from work, but my wife is usually nagging at me to spend time with her every waking moment
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Some older pics from koth

Jethro an I waiting for the dudes to open the door

This guy was preaching the gospel. Lol

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#47]
I get confused by the dynamic of king of the hill, idk if my team is winning or what, idk where fire is coming from. Not that I'm like a cod douche or something but half the time I go to the hill, wander around, can't tell who's on my team, get shot from 2 miles away and repeat
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I get confused by the dynamic of king of the hill, idk if my team is winning or what, idk where fire is coming from. Not that I'm like a cod douche or something but half the time I go to the hill, wander around, can't tell who's on my team, get shot from 2 miles away and repeat
View Quote

It's closer to battlefield, but a lot more dynamic. Really no zone restrictions, except what the server owners says - such as Hostile Takeover - must be outside of 500m from enemy spawn zones (not applicable to air vehicles), cannot camp the airfield, cannot camp within 500m of your spawn zone.

There are some tactics involved. You'll greatly overcome a lot of problems working as a team.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I play with a group of friends every night.  Our little unofficial clan/squad/guild/whatever (TACX) has a server up now on DEV Branch running our modified A3Wasteland mission file on the soon to be release Tanoa map.  Its running great.  The new map is pretty amazing, the new guns are looking good too.  

If you have pre-ordered the APEX expansion, select the Apex_Sneak_preview on the BETAS tab of the Arma3 properties screen in Steam.  Its about a 6GB download and you will have to switch back to the Stable build to play on any "normal" servers but there are a ton of Tanoa servers out there to try out, ours is best of course  :-)

View Quote

Wait wait wait, you're with TACX?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been on a few month hiatus from arma but just got apex and have been getting back into it. My favorite is still exile or wasteland on chernarus, or any map with CUP/RHS mods.

I think my steam is unmotomarine0351 or its supergtr77. I can't remember which. Be my friend.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top