Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2016 8:30:23 PM EDT
Drops tomorrow @ around noon EST.

Been a fan of the series since Empire Total War.  

Command the Empire, Greenskins, Dwarves and Vampire Counts.  Chaos Warriors as well if you buy during week one.

Epic battles with hundreds of troops on screen with flying units, steam tanks, monsters and such.

Huge Warhammer fan, even bigger 40k fan as well, I hope this is good.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Just fired it up for the first time. Pumped!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I got it....will be on tonight after work
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Is multiplayer like shogun2 or the others?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Played for an hour before work.

Combat is fun and engaging. Started as empire because Witch Hunters. Who doesn't like Witch Hunters?

Legendary lords are quite powerful. One green skin general was winning solo versus an 80 man squad of my halberdiers....I had to send ole Karl Franz over there just to take him down.

Liking the different stances on the campaign map. Long marches, ambush mode, encampment mode, raid mode etc.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been a huge Total War fan since the beginning, but have not been as impressed with recent releases.

...but I watched someone streaming yesterday and this looks pretty good; I'll probably get it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Being swarmed by chaos jeebus.

Just like to say The dwarven clan karak norn and the imperial wissenland have helped me a shit ton they've been chasing armies out of my land while I try and hold chaos back its great
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been a huge Total War fan since the beginning, but have not been as impressed with recent releases.

...but I watched someone streaming yesterday and this looks pretty good; I'll probably get it.
View Quote

I think it is great. Finally some actual variety in everything from units to battlefields and even the campaign map.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Never played any of the warhammer games but this is pretty good even if I don't know any of the lore. Steamrolling as the empire right now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm eager to check this out, but knowing ahead of time they aren't including all the factions is making me wait for them to bundle them up and I'll buy it on a Steam sale.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Pro tip for noob players like me:

Beware allying with multiple other factions at war. Especially if you are in the middle of one yourself.

And choose your allies strategically.  

I restarted a campaign when some fuckhead I was allied with who had a strength ranking of "wet kitty" decided to declare war on someone who had a rating of freaking 1. I was a 3. I was also trying to take over Bastonne the same turn a 20 stack rolled into my province.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#11]
The game is pretty fun.

I really hated units' special abilities (beyond the general's rally call) in the last few games, because it made it feel too much like magic abilities in a fantasy game...well, it's fine now.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I got a copy of this game with my processor.  It really needs a better tutorial.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a copy of this game with my processor.  It really needs a better tutorial.
View Quote

Fuck yea it does, and I've played other TW games before too.

Some tips for newbies:

- Don't feel the need to be everyones friend, as their problems will be your problems soon enough

- Gyrobombers are a fucking joke, if you play dwarves just go for hammers/longbeards and a nice mix of ranged support and cannons.  Irondrakes with the rocket launchers are good too.

- Make sure you stash heroes in your army, they need levels bad.

- If you use cavalry, and you should if you aren't dwarves, micro them by pulling them back and charging in again over and over.  

- When doing sieges forgo the stupid siege towers, they literally die in like two hits from cannon fire.  Build one ram and just march on their main gate while sending your weakest units up the walls to occupy their archers.

- Heroes can die in battle, but if they are assassinated they come back after like 10 turns or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#14]
The empire is victorious
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top