Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang I really hope this means WWII or Vietnam are next! Still the best two games in the franchise but in serious need of an update!
View Quote

I can only hope for a 1942 reboot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up an Xbone S.

This game needs to drop right now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Less than a week until the open beta.  Hoping they are gonna allow pre-installs on consoles.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm ready for some pc master race open beta
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
No DLC until March next year?  Sounds like it may be better to wait and see if you can find a deal on Premium between now and then.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Beta "early access:" drops at 12pm eastern tomorrow

edit: Sorry, all messed up, tomorrow=today 8/30. According to their twitter it was 12pm eastern but it seems like codes are going out
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:16:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Received my code.  Downloading beta now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mother fucker, of course, half an hour after I show up to work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucker.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fucker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucker.

If it makes you feel any better I got my code right after I got to work, it's my Friday, I'd be off at 8am and could go straight home to play. I'm restricted on overtime earning and had an overtime exemption for the day, just got drafted for a full 16hr shift... so it could always be worse
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fucker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucker.

I'll assume your compliment to Urban extends to me too

If anybody is on PS4 shoot me an IM with your gamertag.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#14]
shwing, weasled my way out of overtime
Origin ID: PancakeOfDoom
Streaming at twitch
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]
First impressions. It's still has the same old BF issues. Snipers come in packs, Tanks rule all and if you can shoot... spray...
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
First impressions. It's still has the same old BF issues. Snipers come in packs, Tanks rule all and if you can shoot... spray...
View Quote

Medic is worthless - no one waits for the revive and the guns are so non-competitive its not even funny. Bomber bombs have a kill radius of like 3 meters so targets in the wide open are pretty safe. Snipers have almost no bullet drop so that's a pretty easy class to get some kills with. Otherwise the Artillery truck is broken as shit and easy to run 40/0 on a server. While I love being able to repair myself while driving, it seems like a game-breaking feature.

People spawning in any vehicle really pisses me off though. Ill have my squad out capping a flag inside a tank and someone will spawn in the drivers seat and park us in an alley or something stupid like that. Vehicles need locks of some kind.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm enjoying it, but that's because I enjoy BF games in general. It doesn't seem like anything new or groundbreaking.

I wish we could modify the loadouts a little in the beta. That might help break things up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying it, but that's because I enjoy BF games in general. It doesn't seem like anything new or groundbreaking.

I wish we could modify the loadouts a little in the beta. That might help break things up.
View Quote

Ya, it's pretty standard battlefield, which isn't a bad thing IMO. CoD keeps trying to screw with the formula and each year it remains a no buy for me. Reiko and Urban had some good points though, I think they'll be making some tweaks since what they said is basically the same stuff all of the subreddit is complaining about. The only reason I play medic right now is because I can't kill people for shit with the assault class, support is better but medic plays the strongest for me in medium range right now
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#19]
What time did the download go live today for you early access guys?  Just wondering if it will go live at the same time tomorrow for the rest of us.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What time did the download go live today for you early access guys?  Just wondering if it will go live at the same time tomorrow for the rest of us.

View Quote

Got my code around 1AM. I woke up around 7AM and I logged on to download it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Played a couple of matches.  Seems like the same old same.  Mostly for reasons already stated.  I've skipped the BF franchise since BF4.  This one seems like something I could get back into, but only for a "sale" price.  I just don't see myself putting in the hours into BF1 that I put into BF4.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Played a couple of matches.  Seems like the same old same.  Mostly for reasons already stated.  I've skipped the BF franchise since BF4.  This one seems like something I could get back into, but only for a "sale" price.  I just don't see myself putting in the hours into BF1 that I put into BF4.
View Quote

They should have actually stuck with WW1 type of fighting.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going on 6th or 7th time this thread, but if verdun is on pc and console now and it's pretty historically accurate. I get that it's basically a ww1 reskin of a battlefield game... but if it wasn't it wouldn't be a battlefield game. Verdun is pretty true to ww1 IMO and while it is fun, it wouldn't be remotely the same.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm getting on the PS4 beta now.. monkeypunch13 is my psn
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.  Hopefully it's available to download early tomorrow (well, today).

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Going on 6th or 7th time this thread, but if verdun is on pc and console now and it's pretty historically accurate. I get that it's basically a ww1 reskin of a battlefield game... but if it wasn't it wouldn't be a battlefield game. Verdun is pretty true to ww1 IMO and while it is fun, it wouldn't be remotely the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thoroughly enjoyed BF 1, 2 and 1942.

Not sure on this one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:48:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't like the desert map

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:27:05 AM EDT
[#28]
After playing on and off all day, the cavalry class is definitely my favorite. You get health and ammo packs to throw, and the rifle you get is a murderously overpowered lever action. Plus you can schwack people from your horse with a sword.

I'll echo whats been said before, tanks will ruin your day. If youre team lets one get stolen, youre gonna have a bad time.

Having anybody spawn in on any vehicle is a good/bad thing. Good if no one in your squad is alive, bad because of retards.

I'm actually gonna preorder the game now though that I've played the beta and like it well enough.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Fuckin love it. I feel like this is the battlefield I always hoped for. Explosions cause craters, doors & window shutters, the sounds are amazing. (supposedly they spent a lot of time recording authentic sounds), the graphics are great for ps4.  I literally have zero complaints after playing for 3 hours except I wish they'd up the damage on a couple of guns by like 20%. Not a huge deal because Hardcore mode should fix that
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Some tips:

1. Class/kit progression is bugged. You can get new weapons by leveling up each class, but in order to do so you have to quit each game (return to the menu when the game is completed), and find a new server to play on. If you just keep playing matches on the same server, your class/kit will level up extremely slow, if at all.

2. You can disable the annoying announcer voice in the menu. Doing so makes the characters talk more and they'll scream out if points are being lost or capped. You can also change the foreign languages to English so you can understand what they're saying.

3. Pressing the skip-revive button does not shorten the amount of time until you can respawn. If you just stay on the revive screen, the timer for respawning will be the same as if you leave, and you can have the chance of being revived (be sure to use the call medic button).

4. On console, go to video options in-game and remove blur as well as increase FOV. It makes a huge difference!

5. On PC, specifically Windows 10, the Xbox Game DRV option is apparently reducing FPS by double digits. Start the Xbox app and in the game settings you can turn off DVR.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't care for it. It feels like the map builders lost creativity.

The GFX on ultra dx12 is sexy.  I do wish Rush had class number restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. The capture-point layout forces some pretty intense action at points D & C.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
3. Pressing the skip-revive button does not shorten the amount of time until you can respawn. If you just stay on the revive screen, the timer for respawning will be the same as if you leave, and you can have the chance of being revived (be sure to use the call medic button).
View Quote

Pressing and holding the skip-revive button speeds up the progress bar and ending the wait sooner.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#34]
For those that can't level up their classes at all, this came in handy. Not sure if you could call it an exploit, since it is a beta, and it's right on the website, but in any which case progression flat out doesn't work for some so it's worth a shot:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/50h482/bf1_get_weapons_without_leveling_up_your_class/
For those that don't want to follow the link:
Step 1: Go to battlefield.com and sign in
Step 2: Click on CAREER
Step 3: Select BF1
Step 4: Go to LOADOUT
Step 5: Buy whatever you want
Step 6: Go ingame
Step 7: Profit

edit: I just tried it out, the AT rocket gun helps with armor, tanks still feel overpowered since it would still take 3-4 shots from the side to take down a light tank, but if you had a full squad dedicated to anti armor it'd be easy to shut down all armor on a point in 10 seconds flat.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Battlefront 1 is what it feels like....

Seems like they made a console version and ported it to PC, which is opposite of how it should be done.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#36]
"Failed to connect to EA Online"

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Failed to connect to EA Online"

View Quote

I had that issue for a few minutes then it connected. Just keep trying and give it some time. I'm sure the servers are getting hammered right now.

As for how I feel about it...I am on the fence right now. Wanna give it some more playtime before I decide to shell out the dough for this one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Pressing and holding the skip-revive button speeds up the progress bar and ending the wait sooner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. All it does is load the map and let you change your class sooner. You cannot respawn until the original time-to-respawn ends. It seems like it goes by quicker because you're not staring at the progress bar and your dead character. It's been extensively tested and is one of the top threads on the Battlefield 1 Reddit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Got on this morning, no problem.  Now it won't connect to online.  Seems to be happening for a lot of people right now, according to Reddit.  

Played a few Conquest matches earlier.  It's hard to get used to the controls and slow movement, coming from playing CoD on max sensitivity.  Turned it up in this game, but still feels sluggish.  And I really hate the fact that you can't change the aim/fire buttons to L1/R1, like most shooters.  I can't remember if it was like that in BF3, which is the last BF game I played.

I like it so far.  It doesn't feel any different than BF3, though.  Nothing new and exciting. Just re-skinned, IMO.  Just gotta get used to how slow-paced it is compared to CoD again, and I'm sure I'll get more into it.

Edit:  And Ray is right.  Skipping revive will bring you to the overhead view quicker, but you still can't spawn in right away.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Can't join any servers.

Even servers that are not full, put me in a waiting line.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#41]
It's down on Xbox. BF4 is down too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought it was fun. I could make my horse whinny. :)

I spent more time shooting horses just because.

Got the M08/15 with the big suit or armor. It took me a minute to figure out I was armor plated. I feel for those poor saps that tried to rush me. They couldn't run backwards fast enough.

I got the most kills in a plane ever (for me). Because the planes as so as the horses.

Pretty fun overall.

Tanks are brutal. Can't run from them, can't really get close enough to toast them.

Armored train was funny.  I could make the whistle go whew whew. I tried to play tunes people would now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#43]
EA was hacked that is why the servers are down.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#44]
This beta is giving a good portrayal of the server issues with past BF releases
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. This is making me rethink my preorder. Battlefield servers have been hot garbage since 4 and this is not inspiring confidence.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep. This is making me rethink my preorder. Battlefield servers have been hot garbage since 4 and this is not inspiring confidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're getting DDoSed by script kiddies. I was playing all day yesterday and the servers were solid. This is one of those few times I'll stand up for EA and say you can't blame script kiddy bullshit on them because it happens to everyone now a days, no legitimate means of stopping it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#47]
There are some pretty severe balancing issues going on unfortunately. I know its a "beta" and we should expect these things tweaked, but I really hate to see some players at 200% the regular HP. Armor is also overwhelmingly powerful (the AT rifle does 15-25 damage) and, couple with repairing without even having to get out (wtf?) they're almost game breaking. K/D ratios are close to 10-20/1 for armor and 1/1-5 for infantry. Armor's infinite ammo and now infinite health is just too far from where it once was... Could also just be a trash map to illustrate the game's virtues but as someone who likes Battlefield for the FPS aspect, this is a no-buy for now.

Remember back when tanks had 20 shells and you had to go to a depot to resupply or, alternatively, abandon the tank and become infantry? Ahhhh those were the days.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There are some pretty severe balancing issues going on unfortunately. I know its a "beta" and we should expect these things tweaked, but I really hate to see some players at 200% the regular HP. Armor is also overwhelmingly powerful (the AT rifle does 15-25 damage) and, couple with repairing without even having to get out (wtf?) they're almost game breaking. K/D ratios are close to 10-20/1 for armor and 1/1-5 for infantry. Armor's infinite ammo and now infinite health is just too far from where it once was... Could also just be a trash map to illustrate the game's virtues but as someone who likes Battlefield for the FPS aspect, this is a no-buy for now.

Remember back when tanks had 20 shells and you had to go to a depot to resupply or, alternatively, abandon the tank and become infantry? Ahhhh those were the days.
View Quote

As the game is now I'd still give it a huge leg up over battlefront. If they don't change how armor works I'll be holding off on a purchase until they do. It *may* just be the map that is causing the glaring issues though, but still... that would mean that is at least one extremely broken map on release. Once armor is in a confined space I feel like it's easy enough to deal with, but between the bombers being unable to hit shit, only one viable AT weapon right now that is trash anyways, and the infinite ammo/repair, it's garbage on that end.

I can't remember the name, but the AT sniper rifle you can pick up from one of the capture points is actually extremely helpful, but impossible to find. I think if people had these available on a loadout the game would be imbalanced in the opposite direction, but these rifles should be easier to pick up than what they are. The other huge issue in armor's favor is the stationary guns. They're great at getting armor down at range, but once somebody destroys them you're screwed. I think to start with a slight buff to assault SMG range would be good to get more people playing and leveling assault, and making the AT rifle more mobile with a damage boost would do wonders. If a tank wants to sit on the outskirts or push a point long enough to do some damage and be destroyed, great... but they shouldn't be doing this with the same tank the entire game with an average driver.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They're getting DDoSed by script kiddies. I was playing all day yesterday and the servers were solid. This is one of those few times I'll stand up for EA and say you can't blame script kiddy bullshit on them because it happens to everyone now a days, no legitimate means of stopping it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I've managed to play has been solid with a few minor hiccups. Hopefully this doesn't happen at launch.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Armor hasn't been difficult for my friends and I to take down or avoid, but when we are in a land tank we tend to dominate. You must stop the vehicle to repair it, and incoming hits reset the repair timer, so it's a fair feature in my opinion---much more balanced than stacking two engineers into a bird and have them sit there repairing nonstop while the pilot strafes in a near-invincible vehicle.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top