Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Finished the easter hunt today.  Biggest/most time consuming issue was not finding headphones and having to try different servers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my second service star for the fighter and about halfway to my 3rd. Ranked up to class 4 for pilot.   Now I've destroyed 50 of them as well dogfighting.  Finally getting the hang of it.  Lots of games I can stay alive the entire game and shoot down the other fighters and attack planes as they spawn.  I went 22-2 on sinai, which is great for planes.  I love killing the cavalry.

But when a legit fighter pilot comes in I end up getting shot down and never having seen him.  This one fucker shot me down on Giant's shadow, so I hopped onto the AA at the spawn.  And here he comes from behind the windmill and bam kills me on the AA gun.  So I get back on it.  He kills me again.  This goes on like 5 times.  I was fucking pissed.  So finally I got an AA truck and camped it in the middle of a field.  Shot his ass down and everyone else.  So they start coming for me with assault troops.  Blasted everyone one of them as they tried to creep up to me.  Satisfying.

Also, on monte grappa, finally hit a plane with the fortress gun.  It was bad ass.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there even a date yet on the expansion pack ?  all i hear is "march" and premium gets is 2 weeks early..  well it is almost march..  i know they usually drop games and stuff like that on Tuesdays..
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finished the easter hunt today.  Biggest/most time consuming issue was not finding headphones and having to try different servers.
View Quote

How long did it take you? Which platform are you on?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#5]
This morning, I learned that if you're in a plane as the round ends, and your plane crashes (you have no control of anything at this point)...you get a death added to your score.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is there even a date yet on the expansion pack ?  all i hear is "march" and premium gets is 2 weeks early..  well it is almost march..  i know they usually drop games and stuff like that on Tuesdays..
View Quote

I have been wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How long did it take you? Which platform are you on?
View Quote

PS4

Probably about nine hours.  Part of that is because of some of the absurdly long times it took to copy the videos to a thumbdrive.  Spending forever searching the maps for headphones that weren't there also took up a lot of time.

The last few messages I got through in about an hour when things were working properly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Just an FYI for any following the thread that haven't purchased so far. Origin has BF1 on sale for $24 on PC right now. 
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]
So from what I'm reading the DLC will be out March 14th, 28th.... 2018 for non-premium folks. This is pretty disappointing to be honest. "oh yeah, it'll be out in March... the end of march". Honestly, I think they would have been better off saying it'd be out in April and either releasing it on April 1st or saying April and releasing it 'early' on March 28th.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got PS4 and BF1. So much harder than BF4. Im a stumbling fuck, but that Lewis gun thoe.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The BAR with telescopic sight is sweet too.  That 20rd magazine sucks though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Is the server fucked up tonight? I keep getting a error.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just got PS4 and BF1. So much harder than BF4. Im a stumbling fuck, but that Lewis gun thoe.
View Quote

I just got BF4 to play around with.  I like the movement better in BF1.  Your guy doesn't stagger so much, it's a little more smooth.  And I forgot how long it used to take in BF3 to deploy a bipod for a LMG.  BF1 doesn't make you do that.  You just lay down and start shooting, which is so much easier.

The mg15 suppressive is a beast in BF1.  It's my go to.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#14]
So I'm pretty proud of my brother. He was flown out to EA on an all expense paid trip to test the new DLC and should have some awesome new footage.

Here's some content from one of the new maps.
BATTLEFIELD 1 CTE: NEW MAP "RUPTURE" from They Shall Not Pass DLC | RangerDave
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So I'm pretty proud of my brother. He was flown out to EA on an all expense paid trip to test the new DLC and should have some awesome new footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zLQ2f8eA8
View Quote

Very cool
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zLQ2f8eA8
View Quote

Just the picture of that map looks cool.

What does your brother do that would warrant a trip like that? Video game tester? Did he win something?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Have I missed anything since I have been away from my controller for so long? Any meme worthy happenings?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#18]
DLC comes out today.  I wonder what time the update will be released.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:20:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
DLC comes out today.  I wonder what time the update will be released.
View Quote

Depends on the platform.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/94112/bf1-they-shall-not-pass-base-game-update-rolling-out-march-14th#latest

PC: 0100 PST
PS4: 0300 PST
XB1: 0500 PST

Downtime around 2 hours when it drops.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Double XP for season pass owners today until the 19th! https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/841604711081996288

Patch notes for the update: https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/update-notes/bf1-they-shall-not-pass-update

I think the change to grenades was pretty drastic. I wonder how games will be now by not allowing ammo crates to resupply. Now all grenades (even smoke and gas) are on a 28-40 second reload timer, and ammo crates only decrease that timer by a little bit. Additionally, you only start with 1 of each type of grenade instead of some of them allowing 2.

New "Exchange" option in-game allows you to directly buy some skins and such with scraps:

3 new legendary melee weapons unlocked from puzzle pieces:

New community tracker and events with rewards. Here's the current one: https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/841606349595242497

I'm very impressed with this update!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure is quiet in here considering it's new content and big patch day

I got a chance to play the new Frontlines mode between shoveling snow; it's very fun but they need to tweak it a little because games can go on forever. Our team pushed back the enemy all the way to the last terminal that had to be blown up, but they kept defusing it which would automatically push us back a zone. Additionally, they had mortars and tanks basically camping the terminal and we couldn't touch them. The single match lasted 80 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Just hoping it's downloaded on my 3 Meg connection when i get home lol.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Are the new weapons only for Premium members?  Started working on one of the Support guns and it shows no progess in the assignment.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Finally got good at multiplayer, then they update it and I'm officially done with this fucking POS game.  Damn update brought all the annoying ass sniper twinks that can't get down in the dirt and fight.

Was playing every night for a couple hours before bed.  Fuck this game now.  And fuck EA, may they eat dick. 

Oh, and the reduction of gas grenade from 2 to 1 was also major lame fucking sauce.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are the new weapons only for Premium members?  Started working on one of the Support guns and it shows no progess in the assignment.
View Quote
Knowing EA and their monetizing greedy nature, yes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#26]
That new pigeon loadout tank is badass!

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That new pigeon loadout tank is badass!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrimyWeightyAmericanbadger-size_restricted.gif
View Quote

I was wondering where all those explosions were coming from.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't wanna drop $50 for the Premium Pass so I'll just wait two weeks for the DLC to drop alone.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Martini henrey video. I thought it was interesting. Much like this video, I can't hit shit with it if the target is too far away.

Martini Henry Sniper Rifle? Long Range 600 Yard Test
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't wanna drop $50 for the Premium Pass so I'll just wait two weeks for the DLC to drop alone.
View Quote
If you plan on buying each map pack (4, I believe), it's cheaper to just buy Premium.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I probably will.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you plan on buying each map pack (4, I believe), it's cheaper to just buy Premium.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All true..  you know you are going to get all the map packs..  and you get all the top level battlepacks.. early access..  all for what?  50 bucks..  and we spend how much on ammo?  lol all the DLC wll keep you entertained longer than 5 mags of cheap 5.56 you mag dump at the range in 3 min lol
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Historical accuracy for the chauchat would be a nice troll on players.

Feels kinda bad getting killed by it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I tried playing front lines a few times. It just takes way too damn long to finish a map. If you have over an hour to kill then give it a shot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I tried playing front lines a few times. It just takes way too damn long to finish a map. If you have over an hour to kill then give it a shot.
View Quote
My experience as well. We steamrolled the enemy team but got stuck trying to destroy the last terminal for what seemed like an eternity.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My experience as well. We steamrolled the enemy team but got stuck trying to destroy the last terminal for what seemed like an eternity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like games like that, BF3, 64 players on the Metro map was a slug fest and epic choke point at the subway escalators that would move back and forth minutely.  Either side could hold the escalators easily and it took some serious co-ordination to break the lines, but when you did the sense of accomplishment...

That and it was grenade alley.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like games like that, BF3, 64 players on the Metro map was a slug fest and epic choke point at the subway escalators that would move back and forth minutely.  Either side could hold the escalators easily and it took some serious co-ordination to break the lines, but when you did the sense of accomplishment...

View Quote
That sounds like fun, but this was just an artillery truck and mortars camping a terminal. It was pretty lame.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That sounds like fun, but this was just an artillery truck and mortars camping a terminal. It was pretty lame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only game of it I played neither team left a flag, it just went back and forth between the two, and everyone just getting points for capping flags. The 5 guys on each team that were fighting got really boring
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just the picture of that map looks cool.

What does your brother do that would warrant a trip like that? Video game tester? Did he win something?
View Quote
He has been a tester for the series for a very long time, and being a developer himself sends in really detailed bug reporting during some closed beta testing with the developers. But I think the reason he got the trip is a deal he worked out with a company that does his Youtube promotion and gets a cut of the profits from his videos (the Fallout stuff is insane if you get a chance to check it out) and in his newest contact negotiations he told them he wanted 70% and exclusive passes to new games and stuff like this trip or he was going to walk. They caved and now he gets a shitload of stuff. I have now gotten BF1 and Titanfall 2 for free because of it
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#39]
I got a kill with the Kolibri the other day. I came up on a dude proned out and had to empty the whole mag into his head!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I got a kill with the Kolibri the other day. I came up on a dude proned out and had to empty the whole mag into his head!
View Quote
That is an achevment !   I did not think that was possible..  did not think the gun had that much damage in one mag.. even with headshots lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Big patch on the test server today. patch notes: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/60j0zt/march_20th_update/

Some highlights:

~ Added timer to Frontlines
~ Suez capture points adjusted again
~ Lots of changes to Rupture
~ Lethal grenade resupply timers lengthened (frag now at 49 seconds)
~ Suppression will now halt normal resupply timers (of offensive gadgets/grenades) and slow resupply timers with ammo boxes
~ 4 weapon variants added
~ 19 new ribbons
~ Medics can now "spot" dead players to let them know they're en route
~ Lots of tweaks to how ammo works (mostly gadget ammo, not gun ammo) and ammo supply crates
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:10:55 AM EDT
[#42]
All these battlefield games that are out, but now all of a sudden ammo is a problem. It seems like it's their fist time making a game.

They can do all this stupid shit but can't make it so I don't die in the end of a round when flying.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That is an achevment !   I did not think that was possible..  did not think the gun had that much damage in one mag.. even with headshots lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha my son and I spent two days just trying to get that one kill.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get a sniper rifle and knock their health down. Then go up and finish them off with the kolibri. I did that for a while and have 30 kolibri kills lol.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Get a sniper rifle and knock their health down. Then go up and finish them off with the kolibri. I did that for a while and have 30 kolibri kills lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pssshh that's the easy way..................we wanted a challenge
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Sure is quiet in here. Seems that way in-game too, for I haven't ever been able to get enough players to play one of the new French Operations.

Anyway, there's a new map inbound. It's a pretty cool nighttime trench map:

First Look at New WIP Battlefield 1 Map - MP_Trench (Nivelle Nights)
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
There dose not seem to be many PC servers of conquest to get in to in North America ..   or maybe my server browser is messed up..  
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sure is quiet in here. Seems that way in-game too, for I haven't ever been able to get enough players to play one of the new French Operations.

Anyway, there's a new map inbound. It's a pretty cool nighttime trench map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqNh2TIGZ4o
View Quote
That looks sweet.  I was wondering when we'd get to fight at night.

I finally started playing the new maps.  The best is the big fortress map, IMO.  Something a little different than the battlefield maps.  My least favorite is probably Verdun, with all the damn fire.  I'm over fire.  Got a plane on the map with the bridge and went 19-0 on it.  Not the best pilot, but getting better.  Shot down a bunch of fighters I didn't get credit for, as far as kills go.  Got one attack plane and exploded them, killing both.  I was right up behind them and you could hear their screams as they exploded.  That was pretty awesome.  Seems like they've created some new screaming sounds.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#49]
This game is dead on PC.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This game is dead on PC.  Sigh.
View Quote
Console master race.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top