BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to repair a tank whilst driving it, you need to try and pick up a tanker kit. Most people don't get far when they bail, so it's usually a couple of feet away from the vehicle. It also comes with a repair tool.

Oddly enough, the pilot class can also repair a tank they're driving.

Kaiserschlacht. Once the attacking team reaches the windmill there's AA access, but it often seems to have disappeared. Some AA turrets respawn and others don't, I think. Sometimes there's another turret at the capture point to the right of the windmill, but that one also seems to go missing.

The defending team usually has around two or three AA turrets and several machine guns by the time an airship goes up.
View Quote

I don't understand how you have lay to into a person with an AA gun for them to die.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't understand how you have lay to into a person with an AA gun for them to die.
View Quote

Every one of your questions can be answered with the following: Dice Logic, we don't understand how it works, we just have to deal with it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got around to trying the Back to Basics mode. Holy shit that was a lot of fun!

I can't imagine what that would be like for a 64 person operation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
So I hopped on for the first time in a couple months cause the game had just gotten stale to me. The service rifles only mode is sweet, and has actually made we enjoy the game again.

I did notice though that all of my leveled up classes have been reset to 0. I still have all the weapons I bought, but do I have start back over again at leveling them back up or is it just a glitch?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, it's silly. Somebody did manage to practically insta-kill me with one when I was using the sentry class and at 100% health. I looked over a wall about 10ft away from the turret and he must've got me twice in the head with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't played games in about 5 years, so this whole DLC stuff is new to me.  From the looks of it, you'll have to purchase it to get it?  If you do not get it, will you still be able to play the game?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I haven't played games in about 5 years, so this whole DLC stuff is new to me.  From the looks of it, you'll have to purchase it to get it?  If you do not get it, will you still be able to play the game?
View Quote

When the DLC goes live and you don't own it, you'll still be able to play all the stuff you can currently play. EA has been known to simply add a "DLC only" gamemode in addition to the current modes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#8]
So I played about an hour or so of BF1 today. Really got my ass kicked. I'm just not used to the ADS system, but at the end of the hour I was actually killing people. Ran around as a medic in one of the capture the flag modes and was top healer. I don't know that there was another medic in the game. The game looks and sounds great, I just have no idea what's going on.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I played about an hour or so of BF1 today. Really got my ass kicked. I'm just not used to the ADS system, but at the end of the hour I was actually killing people. Ran around as a medic in one of the capture the flag modes and was top healer. I don't know that there was another medic in the game. The game looks and sounds great, I just have no idea what's going on.
View Quote

What platform?  Coming from a long history of CoD, I hate the default aim/fire buttons on Playstation for Battlefield games, and they still don't allow you to change them to L1/R1 in this one.  You can only remap the buttons in the Playstation itself to get the L1/aim and R1/fire config, but that effects L1/L2 and R1/R2 for everything else, too.  It's the only option as of now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What platform?  Coming from a long history of CoD, I hate the default aim/fire buttons on Playstation for Battlefield games, and they still don't allow you to change them to L1/R1 in this one.  You can only remap the buttons in the Playstation itself to get the L1/aim and R1/fire config, but that effects L1/L2 and R1/R2 for everything else, too.  It's the only option as of now.
View Quote

Playing on PC. After played a Bunch of Counter Strike aiming down sights obscures too much of the target. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just need to put in the time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I think that was my best game ever. I just did 14 and 1 in a Sopwith Camel fighter on FAO Fortress, shitting bombs all over people. Fun stuff!
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, I think that was my best game ever. I just did 14 and 1 in a Sopwith Camel fighter on FAO Fortress, shitting bombs all over people. Fun stuff!
View Quote

Consider yourself lucky, most of the time AA is flying and the enemy fighters have the big cannon and aim bot
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#13]
With the Fighter planes, I like to come in from a direction that's less-likely someone manning the AA will be facing, come in low and drop the bombs on them from right above their head.  So satisfying.

One time on Giant's Shadow, there was an enemy who stayed in his spawn all match and was hitting planes with the stationary AA.  It got annoying.  I came in low and slow, and then bailed right on top of him as he was about to destroy my plane, and was able to kill him with the Extended 1911 before the "Return to combat area" timer counted down.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Playing on PC. After played a Bunch of Counter Strike aiming down sights obscures too much of the target. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just need to put in the time.
View Quote

Hip-fire is very effective in BF1 with various weapons. Anything with trench in its name has a large bonus to hip-fire accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Consider yourself lucky, most of the time AA is flying and the enemy fighters have the big cannon and aim bot
View Quote

What's aim bot?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What's aim bot?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's aim bot?

Aimbot
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Finally starting to get the hang of it.  Went about 30 kills to 10 or so deaths for several rounds of conquest. I've been using the mg-15 suppressive.   Finally figured out the heavy tank and went a few 10 and 0 or so sessions with it.  Finally also figured out roughly how to drop bombs with the attack plane.  But I seemed to forget later and I couldn't hit shit.  Any tips on that?  

Also, how the hell do you do spot assists?  I did everything else for that one medal, but no spot assists.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Finally starting to get the hang of it.  Went about 30 kills to 10 or so deaths for several rounds of conquest. I've been using the mg-15 suppressive.   Finally figured out the heavy tank and went a few 10 and 0 or so sessions with it.  Finally also figured out roughly how to drop bombs with the attack plane.  But I seemed to forget later and I couldn't hit shit.  Any tips on that?  

Also, how the hell do you do spot assists?  I did everything else for that one medal, but no spot assists.
View Quote
You have to spot someone that a teammate kills. Some of them are squad spot assists which is the same thing but the teammate that kills them must be on your squad.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You have to spot someone that a teammate kills. Some of them are squad spot assists which is the same thing but the teammate that kills them must be on your squad.  
View Quote

What I don't understand is how to "spot"?  Just aim at them, or do you have to press some button?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What I don't understand is how to "spot"?  Just aim at them, or do you have to press some button?
View Quote

I put the CH on them and hit RB on the xbox
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I put the CH on them and hit RB on the xbox
View Quote

Correct and sometimes your player will physically point at amd call out the enemy you spopted.

Also you can use the flare gun (Scout class)  to do same.

As far as aiming bombs with the attack plane,  I'm struggling as well.  Using the bomb site,  it would have to depend upon your altitude obviously, but I've yet to master it.

My best success comes just being at very low altitude and releasing right on to of the desired target.  But I need to improve.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Or sometimes the spot function just doesn't work at all, no matter what you do lol. Not counting flares

As far as dropping bombs with the planes. You have your two horizontal lines which point to the middle. Don't drop the bombs when the enemies are in the middle. I drop them right before they get to the middle. I was making the mistake of dropping them right when they were in the middle and I wasn't killing shit. About a inch to a half of a inch before and they die pretty easy. This also works at extremely high elevation when I'm trying to dodge the AA and kill them.

I'll try to take a video this evening
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still having issues with my game loading to a black map. The objectives and players will show up, but nothing else. I can move, shoot, etc but the map itself is black. Pretty much every time I load into a new game for the first time.

I have a lot of complaints as far as loading times and some issues with finding games, but the game itself is fun. I've been doing well with the artillery truck, although if you get yourself in a tight spot with it, the turning radius (or lack of) will usually get it destroyed.

On the map with the destroyed Airship, guys kept spawning/jumping to the tailfin and sniping. I sat for probably 10 minutes murdering them with the art truck, and then they would come and try and hit me from the train station. Of course, its an objective so I always had guys there or they would have to cross a field to get to me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm still having issues with my game loading to a black map. The objectives and players will show up, but nothing else. I can move, shoot, etc but the map itself is black. Pretty much every time I load into a new game for the first time.

I have a lot of complaints as far as loading times and some issues with finding games, but the game itself is fun. I've been doing well with the artillery truck, although if you get yourself in a tight spot with it, the turning radius (or lack of) will usually get it destroyed.

On the map with the destroyed Airship, guys kept spawning/jumping to the tailfin and sniping. I sat for probably 10 minutes murdering them with the art truck, and then they would come and try and hit me from the train station. Of course, its an objective so I always had guys there or they would have to cross a field to get to me.
View Quote

Have you tried re installing the game? I have read that helps a lot. Which platform are you on?

I'm on the PS4 and my load times were so slow I would be the last one loading in and objectives would already be taken. I upgraded to a 2tb SSHD and I'm the first one in and I can pick any vehicle I want.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

At Amiens, I think it's called, the inner city one, I got in a heavy tank and camped down the street from the C flag on the bridge, and they kept going into the corner building.  Just kept shooting right into the damned windows.  They kept respawning in there.  I sat there killing them for a good 7 or 8 minutes, solid.  Dude was camped out in my tank just racking up the assist points.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Playing Ball Room Blitz inside the courtyard of Objective Charlie if you camp out with a LMG (the MG15 works great with its 200rd drum) at an angle to the gate looking down on Objective Duff you can stack the bodies pretty deep during an enemy rush.  It helps to have one or two squadies to lay down grenades (gas and incendiary work great).  Playing as Support you can drop ammo crates to your team mates to keep them supplied before laying the trap.  I stacked up twelve kills and numerous assists on my last round.  The enemy kept respawning on Duff and trying to get through the gate.  It was pure carnage.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Ho Lee Fuk! Huge patch hit the test server this afternoon and no one here is talking about it? Patch Info

4 Major updates:
1. Max class rank increased to 50.
2. Ribbons: You can now collect ribbons during matches. They give 500xp each and promote team and objective play.
3. Elite Codex: Unlockable codices for the available primary game weapons. Get 500 kills with a weapon give you a "codex" and 25,000 XP.
4. Map vote added for post-match screen

Some other changes to note:
Selbstlader 1906 buffed
Impact grenades nerfed
Shotguns nerfed
Horizontal recoil increased for a lot of guns (Support Class guns got the worst increase by 14.3%)
Calvary saber kill distance nerfed
Gas grenade duration nerfed from 22 to 15 seconds
Squad Leader Only Spawn custom game option
Behemoth on/off custom game option
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:09:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ho Lee Fuk! Huge patch hit the test server this afternoon and no one here is talking about it? Patch Info

4 Major updates:
2. Ribbons: You can now collect ribbons during matches. They give 500xp each and promote team and objective play.
3. Elite Codex: Unlockable codices for the available primary game weapons. Get 500 kills with a weapon give you a "codex" and 25,000 XP.

Selbstlader 1906 buffed
Impact grenades nerfed
Shotguns nerfed
Horizontal recoil increased for a lot of guns (Support Class guns got the worst increase by 14.3%)
View Quote

"Vehicle selection is now disabled while the preound countdown is running in order to provide a more fair selection process for vehicles."

Nice.  9 times out of 10, there's not a single vehicle available by the time I load into a match.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

4 Major updates:

Selbstlader 1906 buffed
Impact grenades nerfed
Shotguns nerfed
View Quote
Thank. Fucking. God.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm hoping they are going to make the infantry rifles available for all classes but that will probably never happen.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#31]
That sucks.  I was just getting the hang of the mg15 storm.  Went like 30 and 8 in a few matches of war pigeon with it last night.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank. Fucking. God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 Major updates:

Selbstlader 1906 buffed
Impact grenades nerfed
Shotguns nerfed
Thank. Fucking. God.

I've got the feeling shotguns are going to end up with the range of them in CoD at this rate
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've got the feeling shotguns are going to end up with the range of them in CoD at this rate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 Major updates:

Selbstlader 1906 buffed
Impact grenades nerfed
Shotguns nerfed
Thank. Fucking. God.

There are only a few guns that I repeatedly get killed by under bullshit circumstances, and getting killed with a shotgun from 50m is bullshit.  

I still can't figure out how I can't kill anything with the Lewis gun but I get wrecked by it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are only a few guns that I repeatedly get killed by under bullshit circumstances, and getting killed with a shotgun from 50m is bullshit.  

I still can't figure out how I can't kill anything with the Lewis gun but I get wrecked by it.
View Quote

Every time I hear this or see it come up in a video, players are at low health.....yet still make a big deal out of it......no shotgun in the game can take you from 100-0 at 50m

Honestly what do you want them to do? Make it to where buckshot just doesn't do any damage at range or the spread is massive?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Every time I hear this or see it come up in a video, players are at low health.....yet still make a big deal out of it......no shotgun in the game can take you from 100-0 at 50m

Honestly what do you want them to do? Make it to where buckshot just doesn't do any damage at range or the spread is massive?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full health, shotguns are way overpowered and dumb.  

They should have insane damage up close, and have shit for range.  If I have to live with the fact that a 1903 does way more damage than a BAR, then shotguns should have shit for range lol.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#36]
They need to make the motars a higher damage. Where they are at now it takes 2 direct hits to kill someone.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#37]
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I love running around shotgunning little Jimmies in the face.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Full health, shotguns are way overpowered and dumb.  

They should have insane damage up close, and have shit for range.  If I have to live with the fact that a 1903 does way more damage than a BAR, then shotguns should have shit for range lol.
View Quote

There is no way that happens with any regularity..........................maybe 20 meters but not 50, its simply not possible...

Anyhow lol I still want to know why they made the LMGs so shit. I mean they are usable but he TTK on most of them is insane, not to mention the massive drop in damage at range
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I just got a PS4 and battlefield 1.  Havent played an FPS in years, and have only ever played online a few times.  last time was when call of duty black ops came out and I played at a buddy's place.  So is there an arfcom group for online play or something or does it just go by the friends list?  starting to get the hang of infantry, and I think I have tanks down pretty well.  Totally lost when it comes to planes, especially bombing.  Maybe tried 20 bombing runs and havent hit a thing yet. Seems like the mechanics of planes in multiplayer is different than in the campaign.  Also is there a voice chat in battlefield 1?  I remember being able to hear teammates in black ops when I played it?

my SN is musicis4losers if anyone wants to add me
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:41:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyhow lol I still want to know why they made the LMGs so shit. I mean they are usable but he TTK on most of them is insane, not to mention the massive drop in damage at range
View Quote

There's a little blurb about suppression being tweaked in the patch notes. I bet they buff that at least, which would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:46:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just got a PS4 and battlefield 1.  Havent played an FPS in years, and have only ever played online a few times.  last time was when call of duty black ops came out and I played at a buddy's place.  So is there an arfcom group for online play or something or does it just go by the friends list?  starting to get the hang of infantry, and I think I have tanks down pretty well.  Totally lost when it comes to planes, especially bombing.  Maybe tried 20 bombing runs and havent hit a thing yet. Seems like the mechanics of planes in multiplayer is different than in the campaign.  Also is there a voice chat in battlefield 1?  I remember being able to hear teammates in black ops when I played it?

my SN is musicis4losers if anyone wants to add me
View Quote

Planes: for some odd reason single-player plane controls are missing either roll or yaw, I forget which. To practice flying and bombing, I recommend finding an empty conquest server via the browser. You can use whatever vehicle you want and adjust all the customization options without having to worry about anything.

Voice chat: it's limited to your squad. Not many people use it though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They need to make the motars a higher damage. Where they are at now it takes 2 direct hits to kill someone.
View Quote

Uh.  I hate the mortars.  I was going to go for that suppression medal.  But I can't get any kills with mortars.  Drop it directly on people and it doesn't kill them.  Tried the HE mortars.  Can't kill shit.  Fuck it, I went back to the limpit.  Love those things.  I like to play jihadi.  Run into buildings full of bad guys and set that fucker off.  On one game of war pigeons I killed like 8 or 9 guys with one limpit.  And wrecked the house they were in.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Uh.  I hate the mortars.  I was going to go for that suppression medal.  But I can't get any kills with mortars.  Drop it directly on people and it doesn't kill them.  Tried the HE mortars.  Can't kill shit.  Fuck it, I went back to the limpit.  Love those things.  I like to play jihadi.  Run into buildings full of bad guys and set that fucker off.  On one game of war pigeons I killed like 8 or 9 guys with one limpit.  And wrecked the house they were in.
View Quote

Does it count if you are in the artillery truck dropping mortars?  Give that a shot. Join a operations game and mortar the fuck out of a objective. You can drop explosives and gas.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#44]
I find Suez and Argonne Forest Conquest matches are good for mortar kills.  Both provide good cover to be able to spam the C flag with mortars from out of view.  I never had much luck with the airburst mortars.  The HE ones worked for me to get the medal.

Random tip for Argonne Conquest and the C flag.  Set up one of your three Support classes with Ammo Crate and Smoke Grenades.  Makes capping C a breeze.  I rarely see other people doing it, but it works great.  I throw one at the far end of the opposite side of the bridge, and one right next to myself.  Both grenades will resupply by the time the smoke is still there, but going away.  Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's a little clip I made of how I line up the plane to drop my bombs. I'm using the trench fighter. I try to spot the enemies so I can see them and get a better idea of where they might be clustered up.  I went 69 and 4 on that map, 2 of the deaths are from the end of the round. The enemy never made it passed those two objectives lol

Plane clip
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Here's a little clip I made of how I line up the plane to drop my bombs. I'm using the trench fighter. I try to spot the enemies so I can see them and get a better idea of where they might be clustered up.  I went 69 and 4 on that map, 2 of the deaths are from the end of the round. The enemy never made it passed those two objectives lol

Plane clip
View Quote

Nice.  The Fighter and Trench package is fun as hell.  

I never got the hang of the bomb sight view.  I removed the seating diagram below the plane and drop bombs in 3rd person view.  I do the same as you with spotting, though.  Spot with the MG reticle on approach and then switch to the bombs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#47]
The trick with the mortar is knowing the popular camping spots and chokepoints. If you see crowds of teammates at the entrance to a chokepoint, not moving forwards, there's usually a large group of enemies on the other side of it. Occasionally a spotting flare will identify a huge group of enemy players on your map - this is usually the best chance to get multi-kills.

Fire one round from the mortar where you think the other team is and watch to see where it lands relative to where players are, then adjust aim accordingly. I use the smoke round as a spotter to save on wasting the lethal stuff.

As the mortar fires, shot dispersion increases, as indicated by the circle that expands and contracts around the aim point. The faster you fire, the greater the dispersion. I fire a max of two or three rounds then wait a few seconds for the dispersion to decrease.

One useful thing the mortar can do is destroying the roofs and floors of buildings. It's difficult to hit them, but it works especially well on maps like Amien where people will pile inside small areas of the houses. If you bring a roof down on a large group, it will kill most of them - best I got was like seven or eight in one go.

A couple of other points about the mortar:

It has extreme range. Try to take advantage of this to stay at a safe distance

It's visible on the map when you fire, so watch out for opposing mortars firing back. Never set it up in a group of teammates.

Try to always use it from behind cover where you can't be seen by snipers and are less visible to pilots.

Quoted:
Random tip for Argonne Conquest and the C flag.  Set up one of your three Support classes with Ammo Crate and Smoke Grenades.  Makes capping C a breeze.  I rarely see other people doing it, but it works great.  I throw one at the far end of the opposite side of the bridge, and one right next to myself.  Both grenades will resupply by the time the smoke is still there, but going away.  Repeat as necessary.
View Quote

Try the ammo pouch rather than the crate. It resupplies the primary grenade and all gadgets within a few seconds whilst moving. Brilliant for anti-tank stuff as you can stay behind assault players and completely resupply them with AT grenades and AT rifle ammo on the move.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Plane clip
View Quote

Question, how did you change the voice for the narration?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Question, how did you change the voice for the narration?
View Quote

It's in the settings. I don't remember which section. Might have been audio
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's in the settings. I don't remember which section. Might have been audio
View Quote

Wish there was an option to have Schwarzenegger voice the game. Would seem......entertaining
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top