Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 6:32:04 PM EDT
I'll admit I'm kind of curious on this one.  Special edition also comes with the remake of Modern Warfare.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting one step closer to Halo, right?

I was a total Call of Duty "fanboi".  Until Ghosts.  

Ghost was garbage, Advanced Warfare was garbage, Black Ops 3 was a SLIGHT improvement.

I can officially say I'm done with COD.  The only thing that may be cool is the "remastered COD4".  I've been saying that for years, stop beating around the bush and just release MW, MW2, BO and BO2 on  Xbox One and rake in the cash.. lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to be a huge call of duty guy. Loved modern warfare 2. The first black ops was ok. Loved modern warfare 3.  I  prestiged through all 10 levels online and still played the piss out of it. I wish they could go back to this style. The future stuff is super dumb.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Everything went to shit after MW2,

They throw out shittier and shittier games every year somehow, and people buy them and play them still for some reason.

Fuck COD
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Up until 2 years ago, I use to buy the new COD every year.  Now they are garbage and I no longer buy them. Why can't they just make new updated versions of the older games?  I miss the days and of not having armor suits, etc etc. and just playing the game and having fun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Up until 2 years ago, I use to buy the new COD every year.  Now they are garbage and I no longer buy them. Why can't they just make new updated versions of the older games?  I miss the days and of not having armor suits, etc etc. and just playing the game and having fun.
View Quote

Yup.

I was ranked in the top 1,000 in HCS&D  (with a full time job) but ... exactly what you said.

I may buy an XBONE and this new one... just for the COD4.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll play the single player the first week, sell it, then devote the rest to COD4.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
oooh 20 more pixels!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]
If I want to play halo I'll play halo
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Unless they do a WW2, Vietnam, Korea or some other interesting historical battle, then I will NEVER buy another COD again.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unless they do a WW2, Vietnam, Korea or some other interesting historical battle, then I will NEVER buy another COD again.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Junk.  Might as well play Halo.  I preferred the IW over the Treyarch games personally...although I did like the zombies

I quit buying COD after MW2, that was the last great one and probably the last one I'll play unless they go back to making good games again.  

Play battlefield.  I refused to play it, until COD left me no choice...it's the better game at this point.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I sold my Xbox but a remake of COD4 makes me tingly inside... It's funny that you can't get it unless you buy a $80 version of the game. COD4 is leverage to sell the game.

I've been off the COD train since MW2. I did like BO too but the futuristic stuff is lost on me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I haven't been able to really play them since MW4, so I didn't know they went to hell like that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Ramirez!  Grab that space suit!

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#18]
*Fart noises
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow they really are not giving up with this bullshit future crap.  I like sci fi but don't keep ruining COD with it.  Spaceships now?

Only interested in Modern Warfare release but kind of disappointed that they only included 10 multiplayer maps.  With the newer cods & battlefield hardline killing both franchises for me I would love new releases of the older games.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I sold my Xbox but a remake of COD4 makes me tingly inside... It's funny that you can't get it unless you buy a $80 version of the game. COD4 is leverage to sell the game.

I've been off the COD train since MW2. I did like BO too but the futuristic stuff is lost on me.
View Quote

Totally agree. In a want vs need, we need COD4 Remastered without the COD crap version of Halo game they are pushing

"Also in the interview, Call of Duty executive Robert Kostich said he is not concerned about the possibility that people may play Modern Warfare Remastered more then Infinite Warfare."

Maybe it is because I am older but most people I know are all wanting to buy COD4 without the new crap. In fact most of my old COD gaming friends play Battlefield4 now. I bet the in game hours on COD4 Remastered (if they stay true to the original game) will be double the new Infinite Warfare game.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I would love for them to revisit the Cold War era again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I would love for them to revisit the Cold War era again.

Invasion of Grenada?

Lebanese Civil War?

The Falklands?

Able Archer alt history?

Or maybe a COD game that covers all the military incidents at that time.
US Army in Grenada
Marines in Lebanon
Brit campaign in the Falklands
Climactic end battles with nuclear war if Able Archer went south.  Maybe some Fulda Gap action.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm in for the COD4 remake.

The new game, naw.  They done got me twice with Ghosts and Advanced Warfare.  Blops 3 is tolerable, but I felt Treyarch always made a pretty solid COD overall.  You ain't getting me again, IW.
View Quote

My thoughts
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate the SciFi-ish CODs, I regularly go back and play the historical ones.  I'll play the black ops flashbacks while my son plays the modern ones.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#25]
It will be interesting to see what the pricing will be for the MW remake when it is released standalone.

I'd guess $29.99 but they could get get greedy and charge $39.99.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I will only buy it for the remake.

Other than that it is and always will be Battlefield from here on out. I can't stand halo, if I want a futuristic shooter, I will buy Titanfall2.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They throw out shittier and shittier games every year somehow, and people buy them and play them still for some reason.

Fuck COD
View Quote

Mothers buy it for their 10 year olds.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fuck COD
View Quote

Mothers buy it for their 10 year olds.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#29]
The Infinite Warfare trailer is the #5 most disliked video on all of YouTube.  Only beaten by videos that were published 4-6 years ago.  IW trailer has been out 1 week......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_disliked_YouTube_videos
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Meh! I was a fanboy until Ghosts, then Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 sucked ass...

I'm only interested because of the remastered version of COD-MW. if it comes as a separate purchase down the road on PSN Store, I will buy it. I think COD-MW and MW2 were the best CODs in the franchise.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Meanwhile; on the other side of the combat simulation universe...

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top