Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2016 12:15:12 PM EDT

The official release is next Tuesday, but for those who haven't been following, it's been pretty much confirmed through social media by official accounts that if you buy the Legacy Edition of Call of Duty Infinite Warfare you get a free remaster of COD4.  I'm guessing/hoping COD4 will be a stand alone purchase after Infinite Warfare has been out 3 or 4 months.  Below is the early ad circulating the internet.  If you'll recall, Black Ops 3 promotional material started circulating around this time last year.  The European date is used which leads most commentator to believe the price isn't in US dollars.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Best decision I ever made in gaming was giving up console and going back to the master race.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I am absolutely down for a remastered COD4.

I haven't bought the last 3-4 COD's, but they will get my money for this one (and I guess whatever Infinite Warfare ends up being).
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best decision I ever made in gaming was giving up console and going back to the master race.

View Quote

this lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I haven't bought the last 3-4 COD's, but they will get my money for this one (and I guess whatever Infinite Warfare ends up being).
View Quote
I think if we wait we can get MW separately and not have to spend the money on IW.  New COD just isn't for me.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure download codes will show up on game trading sites.

I'll probably pick one up that way.  I bet the charge $20 which is OK with me.

Then I'll Redbox the single player.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Okay, so I'm confused.

Is "Infinite Warfare" a game of its own?  Or is it the name of the remastered COD 4?
View Quote

New game altogether.  The Remastered COD4 comes with it as a bonus.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think if we wait we can get MW separately and not have to spend the money on IW.  New COD just isn't for me.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Be a nice change if Call of Duty just took a full step into space battles and space marines. Fight across different planets, fight in close quarters in enemy ships, etc etc. We could also have nifty references to the United States Colonial Marines.

Kinda getting sick of this pseudo-future where we are still stuck on Planet Earth. Plus, it could finally be seen as a competitor to Halo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, so I'm confused.

Is "Infinite Warfare" a game of its own?  Or is it the name of the remastered COD 4?
View Quote

1v1 me on shipment bro!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
/thread
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

/thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

/thread
Not really.  It's not even relevant.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

/thread

LOL I fell into the MW console trap for a hot minute.  Same game over and over again, you could see the same resources being reused.  It's bad enough to pay 50-60 bucks for a game over and over again with differnt numbers behind it (To then have the privilege to pay more money for DLC).

But this is just silly, getting to pay to be able to get the same game over again? Now it's Buy the new game and get a free"Remastered" version...  wow.  

Normally I'm not very critical of peoples hobbies. I shoot, drive of cars and date women. So I get spending money on stuff that give instant gratification, but no long term reward.

This whole MW/BF fps console shit has straight up jumped the shark at this point.  Now that companies are spending Hollywood budgets on games they're adopting Hollywood risk aversion to trying anything new (Thanks EA!).  

It just floors me that people with throw money hand over fist for stale development.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LOL I fell into the MW console trap for a hot minute.  Same game over and over again, you could see the same resources being reused.  It's bad enough to pay 50-60 bucks for a game over and over again with differnt numbers behind it (To then have the privilege to pay more money for DLC).    

But this is just silly, getting to pay to be able to get the same game over again? Now it's Buy the new game and get a free"Remastered" version...  wow.  
Normally I'm not very critical of peoples hobbies. I shoot, drive of cars and date women. So I get spending money on stuff that give instant gratification, but no long term reward.

This whole MW/BF fps console shit has straight up jumped the shark at this point.  Now that companies are spending Hollywood budgets on games they're adopting Hollywood risk aversion to trying anything new (Thanks EA!).  

It just floors me that people with throw money hand over fist for stale development.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

I stopped playing cod games after black ops.  The only reason I bought black ops 3 was for couch coop on the big screen.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm kinda torn on this.

Count me in the camp of the guys that don't really care for the futuristic settings and crazy movements.  I *hated* the movement system in Advanced Warfare, and I've come to terms with it in Blops 3, but I'd much rather prefer plain jane, ground based PVP combat.  No wall running, boosting, swimming, sliding, hokey-pokeying or any of that stuff.

But on the other hand, I don't want to get keyholed into buying another shitty COD to get back to the basic roots of Modern Warfare.

The only way I can directly influence game developers and studios is to choose whether to buy, play, and support their product.  But to get something I potentially might want (or at least to get first shot at it), Modern Warfare remastered, they're telling me I have to buy their new game too?

Bad form.  

How's about this - I'll buy your new game if it's good.  And if it isn't good, don't make me pay for it to get something else I want.
View Quote
I think this is why tons of people are just playing the counter strike global offensive now.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think this is why tons of people are just playing the counter strike global offensive now.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm kinda torn on this.

Count me in the camp of the guys that don't really care for the futuristic settings and crazy movements.  I *hated* the movement system in Advanced Warfare, and I've come to terms with it in Blops 3, but I'd much rather prefer plain jane, ground based PVP combat.  No wall running, boosting, swimming, sliding, hokey-pokeying or any of that stuff.

But on the other hand, I don't want to get keyholed into buying another shitty COD to get back to the basic roots of Modern Warfare.

The only way I can directly influence game developers and studios is to choose whether to buy, play, and support their product.  But to get something I potentially might want (or at least to get first shot at it), Modern Warfare remastered, they're telling me I have to buy their new game too?

Bad form.  

How's about this - I'll buy your new game if it's good.  And if it isn't good, don't make me pay for it to get something else I want.

I can't wrap my head around the popularity of CS:GO. It looks and plays like a mobile game you could download for free.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I can't wrap my head around the popularity of CS:GO. It looks and plays like a mobile game you could download for free.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because it started as a port of CS source, and CS itself was made back when hardware limitations made the focus be on game play instead of looking pretty.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm kinda torn on this.

Bad form.  

I blame nostalgia.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#19]
COD4 was the best COD they ever made... and it was still horribly balanced.

pretty much tells you all you need to know about COD.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'm kinda torn on this.

Bad form.  

View Quote

Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty much the latest game that I liked. Black Ops 2 was cringy at times, but Ghosts had a great story.

But yeah, I agree with you. Less Jumpy Jumpy Wall Humping bullshit, more ground based combat.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I blame nostalgia.
View Quote
Exactly, nostalgia for when games were fun, not horrendously priced, didn't cost an arm and a leg for add-ons so on and so forth.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#22]
That was the last COD I played regularly online. I'm sucked back into Counter Strike now. Or I was until my PC died and now I just watch people play it on Twitch.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#23]
79.99?
No thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I blame nostalgia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm kinda torn on this.

Bad form.  

I blame nostalgia.

I can understand the old farts (which I am) enjoying the nostalgia. But the lack of ADS at this point in a FPS is embarrassing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

/thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

I have a Xbox One and a gaming PC, why do people say this^^ all the time?

Sometimes i play games on my computer, sometime in the living room on the Xbox......
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
79.99?
No thanks
View Quote

That was how much Goldeneye cost new 20 years ago. Prices in video game really haven't changed that much, and when they do there is going to be another Atari ET desert moment.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That was how much Goldeneye cost new 20 years ago. Prices in video game really haven't changed that much, and when they do there is going to be another Atari ET desert moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
79.99?
No thanks

I won't pay that personally I find the normal 59.99 price to be a little steep
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah.  In the grand scheme of things, $80 isn't that much.  Not saying I'm JB Rockafeller or something, but I spend way more than that on guns and ammo at any given time, so $80 for a game is a drop in the bucket, relatively speaking.

It's the principle of what they're doing that bothers me

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
79.99?
No thanks

Yeah.  In the grand scheme of things, $80 isn't that much.  Not saying I'm JB Rockafeller or something, but I spend way more than that on guns and ammo at any given time, so $80 for a game is a drop in the bucket, relatively speaking.

It's the principle of what they're doing that bothers me

Yes, if they sold a game at 120 bucks but everything was there (no DLC), and it was thoroughly tested so that it wouldn't bug out every five minutes (ACU,Division,Halo MCE) I would pay that price.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Because PC elitists need whatever reason they can get to justify their existence.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

Sometimes i play games on my computer, sometime in the living room on the Xbox......

Because PC elitists need whatever reason they can get to justify their existence.

As a PC "elitist" (still play my ps4 more), consoles are getting the short end of the stick. Sure, the same game is usually released on PC, it looks prettier but it is the same rip off IMO. The difference between the two is that there are way more options on PC that generally cost less. Not quite sure what he was getting at though. Ordered overwatch for pc, pre ordered no man's sky for ps4. I think there is a place for consoles and PC, each has pros and cons and the people that think PCs are pure pros and zero cons are out of their minds.

That said I hope they release MW remastered separate at some point. I think the sales numbers will make them pull their heads of their asses and reevaluate their priorities (gameplay vs Hollywood production values).

Not quite sure of the hate for cs:go. Just recently got into it, I played CS 1.6 and source quite a bit. Sure it isn't the prettiest game, but it runs on pretty much everything with a decent framerate. CS:GO is just source with all the competitive e sports stuff built in. any of the CS games are always fun IMHO as it's simple, but takes some time to get good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
79.99?
No thanks

Ehh, that was due to issues with the game format (cartridge) rather than actual market pricing.  Pretty sure the PS1 games were a lot cheaper.

Not to mention during the ps2/xbox/gamecube era the standard was $49.99.  Which changed to $59.99 with the 360/PS3.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ehh, that was due to issues with the game format (cartridge) rather than actual market pricing.  Pretty sure the PS1 games were a lot cheaper.

Not to mention during the ps2/xbox/gamecube era the standard was $49.99.  Which changed to $59.99 with the 360/PS3.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
79.99?
No thanks

Bingo
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
79.99?
No thanks

Yup. Pretty sure they're passing their marketing costs down.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#40]

That is great and spot on.

COD4 is was of my favorite games and IMO the best COD I played (stopped after MW2). The campaign was great with a movie worthy story/conflict that applies to modern concerns and conflicts. I'd replay "All Ghillied Up" and "Crew Expendable" time and time again. Who could forget the AC130 level using thermal imagery? And "Mile High" on Veteran difficulty was the hardest achievement I ever got. The multiplayer was also phenomenal. Great gameplay, great maps, and enough "features" to keep you entertained without sensory overload (though MW2 perfected the replay ability aspect of multiplayer).

I dumped my Xbox earlier this year but I will always have a place for COD4...  
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:10:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can understand the old farts (which I am) enjoying the nostalgia. But the lack of ADS at this point in a FPS is embarrassing.
View Quote

ADS in Counter Strike would make competive/casual horrendously slow and unenjoyable.

The AWP at the CT door on Dust2 is bad enough, no? Imagine that shit with EVERY gun and the whole enemy team. CS is a round based game, you want to actually spend more time playing it than dead and falling asleep in spectate

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Everything I've read everywhere says that as of right now, the COD 4 remake is not going to be available to buy separately.

If that's the case, and honestly even if it isn't, fuck you Infinity Ward, and fuck you Activision.  
View Quote

They will sell it standalone, it will just take time.  I'd guess ~6 months.  They want to maximize sales of infinite warfare and the bundles that include the remastered COD4.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

/thread

Not an elitist, I have and play an Xbox one. There is no need for justification, the "next gen consoles" we're outdated upon release, and that is why the PS is getting a hardware upgrade after a 2.5 years. That is why there is talk with the Xbox becoming an upgradable system, like the PC.

Given the choice, between 720p 60fps, or 1080p 30fps, I choose 1440p 144fps and graphics that are simply unmatched by console.

But until Halo is released on PC I will own an Xbox.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top