Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Regis is such a great character.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Liking the expansion thus far.

Love the new baddies and setting.

I really want to kill that captain of the guard douchebag.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I got Aerondight yesterday and while I want to equip it, I don't want to break my grandmaster Wolf set bonus.

Also, anyone know where to get black and white dyes outside of random loot?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got Aerondight yesterday and while I want to equip it, I don't want to break my grandmaster Wolf set bonus.

Also, anyone know where to get black and white dyes outside of random loot?
View Quote

I'm still pissed that they took Aerondight from me in TW2 by making it worthless and then removing it from my inventory in 3 altogether. They should have made it level up with the character or something.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Aerondight is also much too large and bulky looking.  That might be easier to change through the limited dev tools but the thing sticks out the end of its sheath.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I always assume the supporting characters are absent from the DLC package stories because you can play them at any time during the main game, and the main game sees some of them come and go.

I guess I'm taking the main game to be Geralt's last story and these side stories to simply be "things that happened during that story" rather than some sort of additional or "epilogue" story.
View Quote

I think technically that's correct, since you can (I think) start it anytime after you rescue Dandelion.

I just don't think it's particularly plausible in the game lore for Geralt to run off to a completely different country a hundred miles away to kill a random and frankly not terribly horrible monster (it's killed a whopping three people er mah gerd!).  It seems like Geralt would probably let that whole Touissant issue chill on the back burner for a while until other more important stuff gets done, like maybe saving his adoptive daughter or helping her stop a literally world-ending event from taking place.

Of course, maybe that just highlights one of the biggest narrative problems with RPGs like Mass Effect and The Witcher where the world is about to end yet you still have time to run around completing everyone's tiny, meaningless sidequest.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it says more about the existential concept of extra paid content than it does about the individual narrative.

Had the content been included with the original game it most likely would have been more organically woven into the story, as opposed to the segmented and detached nature each pack takes on.

For me, Geralt's story ended when the Wild Hunt ate a dick, Ciri became emperor and Yen and Geralt wandered off to find a stuffed unicorn somewhere. It feels thematically and chronologically broken to then say "ellipses, Geralt decides to stop banging Yen for a minute, suit back up and go run off to Toussant to play freeze tag with a bunch of higher vampires".  The only angle of Blood and Wine that reads as "final" to me is the side story of getting the winery estate and going all Assassin's Creed home decorator on it.

I will say though that I really wish Blood and Wine had dropped before I finished the vanilla game. The new mutation stuff, the new skills and getting the grandmaster gear and aerondight back have shifted me from unstoppable sword fighting to "fuck you and everyone around you" sword fighting. Seriously... the Hanse brigades in Blood and Wine are like cutting through wheat fields. My lawn mower blades only slow down when I get to some douche with a shield.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
So you too use whirlwind?  And Blizzard?

I really hate relying on it to cut through the enemy as it feels cheap.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think it says more about the existential concept of extra paid content than it does about the individual narrative.

Had the content been included with the original game it most likely would have been more organically woven into the story, as opposed to the segmented and detached nature each pack takes on.

For me, Geralt's story ended when the Wild Hunt ate a dick, Ciri became emperor and Yen and Geralt wandered off to find a stuffed unicorn somewhere. It feels thematically and chronologically broken to then say "ellipses, Geralt decides to stop banging Yen for a minute, suit back up and go run off to Toussant to play freeze tag with a bunch of higher vampires".  The only angle of Blood and Wine that reads as "final" to me is the side story of getting the winery estate and going all Assassin's Creed home decorator on it.

I will say though that I really wish Blood and Wine had dropped before I finished the vanilla game. The new mutation stuff, the new skills and getting the grandmaster gear and aerondight back have shifted me from unstoppable sword fighting to "fuck you and everyone around you" sword fighting. Seriously... the Hanse brigades in Blood and Wine are like cutting through wheat fields. My lawn mower blades only slow down when I get to some douche with a shield.
View Quote

Yeah, the end of "Wild Hunt" definitely felt like an ending to me.

Eredin bites the fucking dust, the White Frost is stopped, Ciri becomes the best Empress since who the fuck knows when, and Geralt and Yen finally settle down and retire from society, while Dandelion reclaims his old title of Count.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Eredin bites the fucking dust, the White Frost is stopped, Ciri becomes the best Empress since who the fuck knows when, and Geralt and Yen finally settle down and retire from society, while Dandelion reclaims his old title of Count.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.  Ciri went and did witchery things, and Geralt went with Triss because redheads.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

False.  Ciri went and did witchery things, and Geralt went with Triss because redheads.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just waiting for the retard that comes in and says that he let Radovid win, Mommy's boy is king of the Isles, and Everyone is fookin' dead.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I still hate what they did to Dijsktra.

He was too smart to go out like that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I still hate what they did to Dijsktra.

He was too smart to go out like that.
View Quote

Agreed.

Also, does anyone find it odd that dwarves in Novigrad are supposedly persecuted by Radovid and his thugs, yet we see Vivaldi as CEO of his bank?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I fucked up on the stupid Aerondight quest.  I did the Big Game Hunter quest before I knew about it and I killed all the panthers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I fucked up on the stupid Aerondight quest.  I did the Big Game Hunter quest before I knew about it and I killed all the panthers.
View Quote

I think there might be multiple ways to gain the five virtues. I know it is possible to get wisdom from two different side quests.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 3:37:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think there might be multiple ways to gain the five virtues. I know it is possible to get wisdom from two different side quests.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right.  I got the compassion virtue from the statue penis quest.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 3:56:49 AM EDT
[#18]
You know you rubbed them...
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You know you rubbed them...
View Quote

I would have, that old man turned into Rocco Sifreddi for a day.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#20]
So far my favorite side quest is a tie between the statues balls and the two old ghosts fighting in the crypt.

When the old man flips off his wifes urn I laughed out loud hard.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
My favorite side quests so far have been the Wight's curse and the knight's tourney.

My most hated was the grandmaster witcher gear quests... talk about annoying... hey here is one diagram, now traverse across the entire map to get another. Repeat twenty some odd times.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I agree, the grandmaster sets were not fun to acquire generally.  All of the other gear diagrams for the "lesser" sets were all fun to acquire.  I"m not sure how they made this line of quests suck!
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Started playing this again. Haven't played since last July. I forgot how good this game is. Just finished Hearts of Stone. Need one more rank to wear the School of the Viper gear then it's off to Toussaint.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Started playing this again. Haven't played since last July. I forgot how good this game is. Just finished Hearts of Stone. Need one more rank to wear the School of the Viper gear then it's off to Toussaint.
View Quote

You should use mods...
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Just finished Blood and Wine.  That was really great.  From the outstanding addition of the map of Toussaint, to Regis, to the vampires, and to Geralt's new estate.  It was all good stuff.  It was a continuation of CD Projekt Red's ability to combine brutal violence with great comedy.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Why can't I start a new game +?  I try to start a new game and I am never given the option for new game +
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:05:22 AM EDT
[#28]
When you continue after the final battle you must make a manual save at Kaer Morhen.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When you continue after the final battle you must make a manual save at Kaer Morhen.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm still not getting the new game+ option.  

Edit:  It appears that many people are experiencing issues with new game+.  Hopefully CDPR fixes it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Actually, ya know what, I'm a big dummy.  You have to actually go into the game store and download it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Actually, ya know what, I'm a big dummy.  You have to actually go into the game store and download it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I admit that I'm a dummy.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top