Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2016 7:45:12 PM EDT
Finally going back to pc gaming in the next few weeks I'll be getting the ARMA III apex pre order bundle (unless otherwise advised). Would like to have a mentor getting everything set up. Game play I should be good. Currently playing bf2 mods (aix etc). Looking forward to Epoch and general game play.  Prior military so should help with my demons.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
A3 is fun, but fighting in a real war is easier.

Learn all the keybinds, that will help you the most.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A3 is fun, but fighting in a real war is easier.

Learn all the keybinds, that will help you the most.
View Quote

Yeah when you can control the fight.. I see your tank, you understand.
Anywho, keyboard binds meh that's easy.

I guess I was looking for a hey come play with us newb lol. I had a ton of fun with the arfcom guys on xbox till games got nerfed to cod style garbage.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I need to get my computer fixed. I miss playing
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have lots of play time on arma, but I haven't had time to play recently. But I'd recommend playing mods like Exile or Breaking Point if you're into zombies/survival/base building, it's especially fun with a group of friends.

Wasteland is vanilla arma and is good fun and easy to learn.

7th cav servers are players vs AI missions and it's mostly ran by veterans so they try and keep eveything as close to realism as they can.

Definitely get A3Launcher. It downloads and installs the mods needed to play on whatever server you try to join. Makes things super easy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#5]
In your shoes as well...started Arma III about a week ago.

I've been splitting my time between campaign and Battle Royale when campaign pisses me off.

I'm not prior military, but the game is fantastic IMO.  As far as FPS games are concerned this is the only one I need for PC...there's so much to do and so many different game styles out there.

I learned most of what I know about the game from watching guys play it on twitch.tv
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah had a buddy turn me on to it. Ive played the bf1942 pc back in eatly 2000s and followed the mods DC, WI etc. And loved where they were going with it. Played allot of flight Sims so I'm excited to see the game play where it's all combined together.

What's everyone using for anti virus? I'm on 10 and looking to get bit defender.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In your shoes as well...started Arma III about a week ago.

I've been splitting my time between campaign and Battle Royale when campaign pisses me off.

I'm not prior military, but the game is fantastic IMO.  As far as FPS games are concerned this is the only one I need for PC...there's so much to do and so many different game styles out there.

I learned most of what I know about the game from watching guys play it on twitch.tv
View Quote

Check out dslyecxi on you tube, he is a fellow marine and has worked with Bohemia on tutorials. He has a plethora of knowledge if you are just getting started and need some tips to keep you out of hot water and strengthen team play. Also his videos are kick ass and he does an outstanding job of explaining things
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have lots of play time on arma, but I haven't had time to play recently. But I'd recommend playing mods like Exile or Breaking Point if you're into zombies/survival/base building, it's especially fun with a group of friends.

7th cav servers are players vs AI missions and it's mostly ran by veterans so they try and keep eveything as close to realism as they can.

Definitely get A3Launcher. It downloads and installs the mods needed to play on whatever server you try to join. Makes things super easy.
View Quote

The regular Arma 3 steam launcher is much improved and does a very good job getting what you need from major mods published on the steam workshop.. I've not been playing the smaller mods lately so I am not using the A3launcher or PWS that much.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The regular Arma 3 steam launcher is much improved and does a very good job getting what you need from major mods published on the steam workshop.. I've not been playing the smaller mods lately so I am not using the A3launcher or PWS that much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to hear! They have come a long way since beta. I can't wait for the new map Tanoa to come out, I'll probably get addicted again when it does.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
If you like Battle Royale, check out King of the hill servers. I'm sure you've seen or played it but if not... shit gets crazy there!
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Never was a fan on the mil-sim tactical stuff in Arma, or any Arma Sim game

I like PvP.

I like King Of The Hill the most. It's kind of like Battlefield, but you aren't restricted to an area, except you cannot fire in certain zones in your spawn, and you cannot camp other spawn unless you like getting kicked/banned.

You also have to buy your guns and vehicles. You can "rent" a weapon/optics, or you can buy it forever. Vehicles you can only buy once untill you wither ditch it or die. Or if you're lucky, recover it before it gets stolen/blown up/removed.

Never was a fun of the Zombie/Day Z stuff

Wasteland I thought was a bit fun, but like Day Z, it takes a lot of time, but will less annoyance as there arent any AI zombies.

Xile is kind of like Wasteland and Day Z. No zombies, but there are some exploding zombie-like cretures, but not out in force as the zombies are in Day Z. There are also these guys that look like a Satanic Cult leader. If you look at them, your screen starts to go red and you die.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I am running in a casual-realism group right now named 8th combat Squadron http://forums.8thcs.org/ .  We are using a lot of mods for realism play, (RHS, CUP terrains, HLC weapons, ACE3), definitely not vanilla Arma 3.  We have 3 servers up right now running custom maps with Zeus or MCC templates for free-form scenario play.

One of the servers is mine, and I use it for different experimental play modes.  Particularly I use it for the MCC (Mission Creation Console) mod to throw together quick missions, and let you set things up for solo or group play on the server very fast. I am putting together a mission list of scenarios made by another Arfcommer, AccuracythruVolume.

I am also trying to get ALiVE scenarios up and running, but they are experiencing some mod server breaking issues after the 1.54 patch that are now being fixed hopefully.

If you'd like to get some casual play in and see some of the realism mods in action, feel free to stop in to our forums and get our TS info. We'll meet ya halfway ;)
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am running in a casual-realism group right now named 8th combat Squadron http://forums.8thcs.org/ .  We are using a lot of mods for realism play, (RHS, CUP terrains, HLC weapons, ACE3), definitely not vanilla Arma 3.  We have 3 servers up right now running custom maps with Zeus or MCC templates for free-form scenario play.

One of the servers is mine, and I use it for different experimental play modes.  Particularly I use it for the MCC (Mission Creation Console) mod to throw together quick missions, and let you set things up for solo or group play on the server very fast. I am putting together a mission list of scenarios made by another Arfcommer, AccuracythruVolume.

I am also trying to get ALiVE scenarios up and running, but they are experiencing some mod server breaking issues after the 1.54 patch that are now being fixed hopefully.

If you'd like to get some casual play in and see some of the realism mods in action, feel free to stop in to our forums and get our TS info. We'll meet ya halfway ;)
View Quote

Thanks ski, the realism/sim is what I think I'll get into the most. I'll have to check you guys out. Ive been on you tube all week watching vids, desolation and exile look pretty good though too. Can't wait to get some more cash and get the A3 bundle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a little dated. It was made before all the new DLC.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#15]
We have a Public Patrol Ops server up now. Feel free to join, it has limited mods, just CBA, ACE, and Task Force Radio.

8thCS_Server3   Patrol Ops
158.69.226.18:2317
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Dan I'm not into the COD style gameplay though.

Ski checked out the website, looks great, love the organization and thought you guys have put into it. Once I get set up and run a few games I'll be applying, it looks like that will be right up my ally. Im about 3 weeks out though with what I've got going on in RL.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Just be aware we are vulgar.  Don't have speakers on if you have children about ;)
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
No worries, do you know any Marines? We cuss like a sailor, live like a soldier and slap the shiet out of both of them... LMAO I love my brothers and sisters :)
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:15:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh and I checked out the coc/roster what's it take get into aviation? I see you guys have 2 pilots, judging by the ranks one fixed wing, one rotary (the WO).

I also read the rank reqs, was wondering if there is an exception jumping into aviation off the line.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:22:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh and I checked out the coc/roster what's it take get into aviation? I see you guys have 2 pilots, judging by the ranks one fixed wing, one rotary (the WO).

I also read the rank reqs, was wondering if there is an exception jumping into aviation off the line.
View Quote

the 8th combat servers all run a bit different.  ski is gracious enough to host my scripted missions on his server, and the rules are pretty lax there.  on the primary server during offical ops time, things are a bit more...structured.  they are a pretty open bunch of dudes that just love what arma does, which is provide a sandbox that nothing else can really replicate.  even dayz started out as a mod.  there are those of us that have exceeded 1000 hours in this game, with no sign of slowing down.

the amount of content put out by modders is astounding.  

maybe i'll catch ya on one of the servers soon.  you can try out one of my missions and be cas using a ah6.   now if only ski would upload the usaf mod so we could play with the spectre gunship....
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

the 8th combat servers all run a bit different.  ski is gracious enough to host my scripted missions on his server, and the rules are pretty lax there.  on the primary server during offical ops time, things are a bit more...structured.  they are a pretty open bunch of dudes that just love what arma does, which is provide a sandbox that nothing else can really replicate.  even dayz started out as a mod.  there are those of us that have exceeded 1000 hours in this game, with no sign of slowing down.

maybe i'll catch ya on one of the servers soon.  you can try out one of my missions and be cas using a ah6.   now if only ski would upload the usaf mod so we could play with the spectre gunship....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey I'm already sold LMAO I've been keeping up with the news on arma for a few years now. Having a pc that could run it was the only set back.

Can't wait to jump in with you guys!

Have you guys seen the star wars and halo mod? Insane what talent the ppl have. Soo I played the battlefield series way before it went to console since about 2002, the first mod was the desert combat mod on bf1942, which the same team 10 years later was brought in to help with the console game. Crazy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Check out Squad also. Not as strict as A3, but a step above BF4 in realisim.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:38:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Update... I'm going through a career change and as soon as the finances settle I'll be on. Should be soon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Aaaand im running A3 now. So just self teaching how to upload mods, steam sn is the same here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool.  Due to "Typical Internet Drama" We've had a restructuring and name change.  
You can check us out HERE now.  Server info and Teamspeak is all there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Been there with the drama was part of a milsim clan for almost two years then up and out of nowhere it was disbanded. I'll check it out.

Working on getting my trackir working, tried it yesterday but A3 was already running after I started it so I don't think it saw it at start up. I will be on tonight prob after 630pst

Quoted:
Cool.  Due to "Typical Internet Drama" We've had a restructuring and name change.  
You can check us out HERE now.  Server info and Teamspeak is all there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh how the mighty have fallen. You moonshine drinking monkey fucker after 3 and a half years you and papakapture come crawling back from that archaic device we abandoned so many years ago and now you want into the PC master race.

Well you know the drill don't bend over in front of dig Doug , bring your tear towel because they always abuse the new guys, Friday and Saturday are drunk nights you will be expected to attend as so. I will be drunk only on Tuesday nights because that's my only day off you have been warned.

The only members we have left from our old group are me , itsmydouginabox aka dig doug and smokinflakes pokes his head out of the closet every now and again when we play battlefield.

You will be required to have your origin account, steam account along with

Rocket league
Squad
War thunder
Arms 3 with all dlc

You will need to download arma 3 launcher and teamspeak 3

1 package extra small condoms
Personal burial money

Be prepared to get Battlefield 1 in October we run the arfcom clan and we are all going to get it.

I will pm you Band of Brothers team speak address when I get home. Papakapture has yet to show his face though he's been playing that broken division game.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#28]
For some reason Arma III doesn't run well in my rig.

I'm sure there is some optimization options that would help, but come on.... An i 7 cpu, two 970 gpus, 16gb ram, there should be no reason i struggle to hit 30fps on medium graphics...

Squad is the shit though, and looking forward to Battlefield 1

Might ditch the dual 970's for the new 1080, that 4gb (3.5gb) limit is a bitch.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Oh how the mighty have fallen. You moonshine drinking monkey fucker after 3 and a half years you and papakapture come crawling back from that archaic device we abandoned so many years ago and now you want into the PC master race.

Well you know the drill don't bend over in front of dig Doug , bring your tear towel because they always abuse the new guys, Friday and Saturday are drunk nights you will be expected to attend as so. I will be drunk only on Tuesday nights because that's my only day off you have been warned.

The only members we have left from our old group are me , itsmydouginabox aka dig doug and smokinflakes pokes his head out of the closet every now and again when we play battlefield.

You will be required to have your origin account, steam account along with

Rocket league

Squad

War thunder

Arms 3 with all dlc

You will need to download arma 3 launcher and teamspeak 3

1 package extra small condoms

Personal burial money

Be prepared to get Battlefield 1 in October we run the arfcom clan and we are all going to get it.

I will pm you Band of Brothers team speak address when I get home. Papakapture has yet to show his face though he's been playing that broken division game.
View Quote
Gonna sell my xbox one and games for an gpu upgrade, so technically the Xbox one will serve a purpose lol

Down with squad and battlefield 1
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm sure there is some optimization options that would help, but come on.... An i 7 cpu, two 970 gpus, 16gb ram, there should be no reason i struggle to hit 30fps on medium graphics...

View Quote

yeah sli sucks I have dual 780 TIs and i have alot of optimization issues especially on these early access games and its the rule of thumb anyway to have one badass card then have 2 mediocre.

as for your arma 3 issues make sure you optimize the game in geforce experience and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
yeah sli sucks I have dual 780 TIs and i have alot of optimization issues especially on these early access games and its the rule of thumb anyway to have one badass card then have 2 mediocre.

as for your arma 3 issues make sure you optimize the game in geforce experience and you should be good to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is part of the learning experience with PC, on the bright side when I upgrade (likely to the 1080) I will have two barley used 970's to start two separate builds for my kids.  Got to raise them the right way lol

I will give Arma 3 another shot, pretty sure I optimized it in GeForce but I will double check.

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It is part of the learning experience with PC, on the bright side when I upgrade (likely to the 1080) I will have two barley used 970's to start two separate builds for my kids.  Got to raise them the right way lol

I will give Arma 3 another shot, pretty sure I optimized it in GeForce but I will double check.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arma 3 can be fun but it has alot of tom fuckery that goes along with it, glitches hardware issue etc.

My rigs already maxed out im prolly gonna get one of the new model titan x's pretty soon im only averaging 120 fps on most games nowadays and I scored a a 9 on the vr test.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh yeah unified you hit it on the head about fri sat drunk nights, I'm excited need to get on board with this teamspeak shit, I hear sometimes you can talk to cate jenner on there... You pc gaming now I thought you were on the xboner bendover ride.

And I told you fuckers I was leaving that console sit already mistake I ever made.

Seriously though need help with tamales team speak is not like it used to be back in the day.

I'll be on tonight around same time played epoch and it just doesn't seem to be as I thought the menus suck I died 2 times already for no reason..  haven't came across anyone out any zombies... Might bee the server though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I sent you a PM you fucking hillbilly. If you have any problems just send me a message. I'll be sure to give your number to Unidick so you can send each other pictures to pretend you are doing a dutch rudder
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#35]
That's my old company number I'll have to update you with my personal, long story... Tell ya later

Quoted:
I sent you a PM you fucking hillbilly. If you have any problems just send me a message. I'll be sure to give your number to Unidick so you can send each other pictures to pretend you are doing a dutch rudder
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Well we finally have an arma group again but that tom fuckery with my internet ruined it I'm still probably in the salt flats where y'all left me. They seem to be working on my network because I keep going from 150 Mbps to 80
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I play on the NAK server (Invade & Annex) pretty much every night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top