User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Calm down there Jeronimo. Are you on PC, PS4, or XB1?

The next two bosses you fight are arguably the toughest in the game. Get help from somebody here, or get embered and summon help
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that pontiff motherfucker in that chapel with his flaming and icy swords and doppleganger. Gonna try him a few more times and if I cant drop em ima take this game to gamestop and get my 3.50 for it.

The next two bosses you fight are arguably the toughest in the game. Get help from somebody here, or get embered and summon help

What he said. I soloed every boss up to the ones he is talking about before getting psn. Having a partner made them a piece of cake. Im on ps4 level 145. Will be on in about an hour or so.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What he said. I soloed every boss up to the ones he is talking about before getting psn. Having a partner made them a piece of cake. Im on ps4 level 145. Will be on in about an hour or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that pontiff motherfucker in that chapel with his flaming and icy swords and doppleganger. Gonna try him a few more times and if I cant drop em ima take this game to gamestop and get my 3.50 for it.

Meh, aldrich isn't terrible if you stay close to him and melee his ass (literally, you want to hit his tail), if you try to put too much distance between you two, he will fuck you up.

I think there are 2 NPCs you can summon for pontiff sulyvahn. I got my ass kicked the first 2 times, took a day or two off, came back and somehow beat him without using even half of my estus flasks
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Meh, aldrich isn't terrible if you stay close to him and melee his ass (literally, you want to hit his tail), if you try to put too much distance between you two, he will fuck you up.

I think there are 2 NPCs you can summon for pontiff sulyvahn. I got my ass kicked the first 2 times, took a day or two off, came back and somehow beat him without using even half of my estus flasks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pontiff, Aldritch, and the Nameless are ImO the toughest bosses

Aldritch is a joke one you realize he literally can't attack if you use the miracle Vow of Silence.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pontiff Sulyvan is a bitch solo, but summon Anri and it's a piece of cake.  Take pots shots on Sulyvan while he concentrates on Anri, then pull him off when Anri's health gets low so he/she can heal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Pontiff Sulyvan is a bitch solo, but summon Anri and it's a piece of cake.  Take pots shots on Sulyvan while he concentrates on Anri, then pull him off when Anri's health gets low so he/she can heal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe that's why I have so much trouble with bosses. I've never tried summoning help.  

So if you let Anri die in your example, is he dead forever?

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe that's why I have so much trouble with bosses. I've never tried summoning help.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think so.  I got one of the other summons killed in an earlier fight and they didn't show up like they were supposed to later.  YMMV.

ETA: and Anri is always the opposite gender of whatever your character is (no homo in the DS universe )
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think so.  I got one of the other summons killed in an earlier fight and they didn't show up like they were supposed to later.  YMMV.

ETA: and Anri is always the opposite gender of whatever your character is (no homo in the DS universe )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no idea Anri would change into a dude if your character was female LOL

I summoned the pyromancer NPC for the Demon King fight. The fucker didn't even walk through the fog
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I summoned the pyromancer NPC for the Demon King fight. The fucker didn't even walk through the fog
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I may have to keep that in mind next time I get stuck.

Is it fair to say that if I die during the fight the NPC will also? Or does the fight just end?

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a classic solution to Pontiff Sulyvahn.

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Apparently summoning that NPC and keeping it alive for the duration of the boss fight will make the armor set that the NPC wears available for purchase. I think the Pyro trainer NPC is the one that sells it.

Quoted:
Is it fair to say that if I die during the fight the NPC will also? Or does the fight just end?

The fight just ends. Generally speaking, you can re-summon an NPC as often as you like whilst the area boss is still alive. You can also summon an NPC and have it accompany you through the area to fight enemies and even other players.

If the NPC phantom dies before the boss fight, just reload the area by using a homeward bone, or by warping away and back, and it should be available to summon again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Apparently summoning that NPC and keeping it alive for the duration of the boss fight will make the armor set that the NPC wears available for purchase. I think the Pyro trainer NPC is the one that sells it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You get the armor from the cage where you rescued the pyro trainer from

The fight just ends. Generally speaking, you can re-summon an NPC as often as you like whilst the area boss is still alive. You can also summon an NPC and have it accompany you through the area to fight enemies and even other players.

If the NPC phantom dies before the boss fight, just reload the area by using a homeward bone, or by warping away and back, and it should be available to summon again.

You can summon phantom Hawkwood to help you run up that hell path in dragon land. He was knocked off of the cliff and I was never able to resummon him

All other NPC phantoms seem to be resummonable, though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can summon phantom Hawkwood to help you run up that hell path in dragon land. He was knocked off of the cliff and I was never able to resummon him

All other NPC phantoms seem to be resummonable, though.
View Quote

That's supposed to be part of his quest line. When he reaches the alter at the end of the path, he prays to it and exits your world. I missed his summon sign several times there and his quest line always concluded normally.

I don't think you can summon him once the boss fight has been triggered by ringing the bell, but I never experimented much with summoning him as it didn't seem like it would be possible to enter the boss room with him. He also exits your world if you ring the bell whilst he's summoned.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The pyromancer cuculus is bad ass for demon king fight. He poisons the demon. If you die you can resummon except for seigward on the yhorm fight.ng+ seigy survived and I got his armor for it. Im at 13 rings to go to ring master trophy. I will have plat one more playtrhough after this. Going to try a sorceror for last ending trophy. I screwed up first ending with the one with no trophy.
Also summoning an npc takes the heat off you to make the fights a lot easier. The twin princes proved this. 20 fails solo. Summoned npc and beat them in under a minute. Then again dying a bunch of times helped me play a bit better.
Last note im lv 145 and there doesnt seem like much coop action now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has to do with the hollowing questline and ending.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I finished NG at level 19.  I mostly used a raw barbed sword +2 w/ whatever buff worked best.  

Getting pvp covenant items is easy at low levels.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I got to the Soul of Cinder, took me couple tries to get his health all the way down, finally beat him, "Yes!! ...wait, FUCK!" Out of estus flasks and I get murdered. Figured it was time to take a break from dark souls after that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#16]
After stepping away from the game a bit, then upgrading the OP dark sword a bit I went back and finally beat the pontiff. Finished the area ending with the demon king as well. Cheesed that big as worm down with a bow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I finished NG at level 19.  I mostly used a raw barbed sword +2 w/ whatever buff worked best.  

View Quote

That's hardcore. I was lvl 70 with a +10 sword lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didnt do any covenant things until the end of ng. Still need 29 shackles for the final pyro spell. 4 bosses and 3 rings to go on ng++.  The last ring will be fun. It drops after beating the nameless king on ng++. anyone around level 145 want to team up for that?

I started a pyromancer that will finish the platinum with the final ending after I finish ng++.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#19]
It was easy getting my hollowing stat to 99
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Are any of you guys playing this one a PC? I just finished my build and was thinking of picking this game up, was a fan of the original
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#21]
More than anything, this game has really, really made me wish I could play Bloodborne
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I created the scariest thing in all of the souls games

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Holy fuck. You got to save that photo.

Just beat ng++. waiting for credits to end then bed. Tomorrow starts the farming skellies for shackles.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Have you guys seen the no roll/no block/LV1 boss fight videos?

Holy crap!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I just respeced for one fight. Fuck aldrich. I went faith to cast vow of silence on his casting bitch ass. Did you guys know he cant do much with vow active?

Level 61 sorceror. Hes resistant to magic too. Summoning was worse. One guy tried use a bow. Both dead fast.
About to try this faith vow build to kill him then switch back.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok the vow of silence trick did work. My summon died but I did beat aldrich.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck the Unnamed King and his God dammed flying lizard in the ass with a hot poker.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is a useful tool for planning character builds. The button on the top left that looks like a set of scales will allow you to find the best starting class for your planned stat investment.

Quoted:
I just respeced for one fight. Fuck aldrich. I went faith to cast vow of silence on his casting bitch ass. Did you guys know he cant do much with vow active?

Level 61 sorceror. Hes resistant to magic too. Summoning was worse. One guy tried use a bow. Both dead fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There are a few bosses in this one that have at least moderate resistant to sorcery. I got decent utility out of lightning and dark damage for PvE, and occasionally fire. Aldrich is susceptible to fire.

Maximizing sorcery damage is heavily dependent on items and the catalyst/staff buff weapon art.

Scholar's Candlestick (dagger): +25% sorcery damage - you don't need to meet stat requirements for its damage boost to work

Crown of Dusk: +10%(?)
Young Dragon Ring: +15%
Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring: +25%
Magic Clutch Ring: +15%

About 60 intelligence is the preferred stat investment. Court sorcerer staff or Sage's crystal staff have the best damage potential. Like in earlier Souls games, dexterity influences your cast speed.

Quoted:
Fuck the Unnamed King and his God dammed flying lizard in the ass with a hot poker.

Getting under 30% equip load is very useful for that boss fight. It increases the distance of your rolls and makes it harder for enemies with strong tracking to hit you. Fast weapons like straight or curved swords are also very useful against Nameless King.

This shield is apparently quite effective if you prefer to block his attacks. Never tried it personally, but judging from its stats I could see it working.

King of The Storm is weak to lightning. Weapons that have vertical attacks work well as you can reach his head more consistently. The camera is the most lethal element of the fight - I found unlocking and angling my view upwards worked best.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Down to just the vertebra shackles for Platinum. Damn those things are rare as shit. Anyone want to make passworded game and take turns invading each other for them?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Getting under 30% equip load is very useful for that boss fight. It increases the distance of your rolls and makes it harder for enemies with strong tracking to hit you. Fast weapons like straight or curved swords are also very useful against Nameless King.

This shield is apparently quite effective if you prefer to block his attacks. Never tried it personally, but judging from its stats I could see it working.

King of The Storm is weak to lightning. Weapons that have vertical attacks work well as you can reach his head more consistently. The camera is the most lethal element of the fight - I found unlocking and angling my view upwards worked best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, he's strong vs lightning, his pet birdbitch is weak to it.  Once I figured out how to front stab him, his ass was pretty much toast.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Actually, he's strong vs lightning, his pet birdbitch is weak to it.  Once I figured out how to front stab him, his ass was pretty much toast.
View Quote

King of The Storm is the feathery dragon thing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#33]
This is still the most amusing DS3 video I've seen

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Finished platinum this morning and waiting for the 5gb update for uncharted 4 to download. Nameless king for the final ring sucked. Traded suicides with a guy this morning to get the damn shackles done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Finished platinum this morning and waiting for the 5gb update for uncharted 4 to download. Nameless king for the final ring sucked. Traded suicides with a guy this morning to get the damn shackles done.
View Quote

I'm surprised those gave you problems. I farmed them in like 2 hours just invading annoying areas of the game (yep, dick move)
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm surprised those gave you problems. I farmed them in like 2 hours just invading annoying areas of the game (yep, dick move)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didnt get psn until abput level 85 and died to nameless king about 30 times. Im not good at pvp so my way was fast. Got 29 in about an hour.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Haha...

Last night I did "full-moon" invasions with the Jailer's robe/Loin cloth+prostration or Patches squat.

So funny. Especially when a phantom/host  dies, and the souls go up your bare ass.

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd feel bad about doing this if it wasn't so funny
bonus LOLs because of the  Estoc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, that makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Never liked pvp even back to demons souls. I like coop but not pvp. Didnt get a theme for platinum like I did with bloodborne. I think im close to the end of uncharted 4 now. Found only 1 easter egg from one of my favorite movies.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Japanese sounds a lot different than I remembered; but that video was completely accurate so it must be official
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top