BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Irithyl Straight Sword?

I bet you leveled Dex. Casul confirmd.

Fair warning, that weapon becomes really bad for PvP due to it's complete lack of scaling and inability to be infused. You're gimping yourself using it.

Edit:
For the record, I'm running the +10 Refined Dark Sword at 615 AR.

40 STR/40 Dex/16 FAITH/30 VIG/20 END - Starting Class Knight.  Wearing no gear to get the most benefit from Flynns.

Knight Ring / Hunter Ring / Lloyds Sword Ring / Flynn's Ring

Buff with Sunlight Straight Sword W/A -> Swap to DarkSword and own faces.  I hit harder (and faster) than the Fumes Ultra Great Sword. I'm invading and two shotting hosts with a friggin' straight sword. I'm getting a lot of hatemail for it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You must be way ahead of me. Havent even seen chunks yet. Where is the darksword?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Irithyl Straight Sword?

Fair warning, that weapon becomes really bad for PvP due to it's complete lack of scaling and inability to be infused. You're gimping yourself using it.

Edit:

40 STR/40 Dex/16 FAITH/30 VIG/20 END - Starting Class Knight.  Wearing no gear to get the most benefit from Flynns.

Buff with Sunlight Straight Sword W/A -> Swap to DarkSword and own faces.  I hit harder (and faster) than the Fumes Ultra Great Sword. I'm invading and two shotting hosts with a friggin' straight sword. I'm getting a lot of hatemail for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Irithyl Straight Sword?

Edit:

I'm only on the first play through where these weapons are actually useful. It's annoying that all of the cool, unique weapons become useless because you can't upgrade them as much

And I'm going strength and dex cause magic is boring

I am now a refined dark sword whore. It immediately increased my damage by over 100 points, and with flame infusion 475 damage total. That's at lvl 70.

You're a horrible person
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Got the dark sword +6 and infused. Str/dex are 26 and faith 9. im only level 61. Got to anor londo last night. I did find fattys hammer last night. Got an experiment im working on too. I loved the large club so I have one +3 so far. The knock down on it rocks but it is so damn slow.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
i r winnar

This game is freaking huge. I'd recommend looking up the secret areas on a wiki because there is no way you'll find one of them on your own. I failed almost every NPC questline, which are also something you'll never be able to complete without a guide
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the slab from seigward but he died on the yhorm fight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm only on the first play through where these weapons are actually useful. It's annoying that all of the cool, unique weapons become useless because you can't upgrade them as much

I am now a refined dark sword whore. It immediately increased my damage by over 100 points, and with flame infusion 475 damage total. That's at lvl 70.

You're a horrible person

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Irithyl Straight Sword?

Edit:

You're a horrible person

No, I'm a dirty Min/Max'r

If you want annoying as fuck in PvP - Turtle with a greatshield and the Estoc.

The Estoc has INSTANT startup frames. If they get hit with the first poke, they literally can't do anything but take the next bunch of hits (I think it's 4). They cannot parry, roll, or anything. The tracking needs nerf'd.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#8]
You are an evil bastard.
I have alomst 30/30 str and dex with a dark sword +7. now I need a great shield and estoc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#9]
My name is NinjaMcNuggets on the PS4, but I'm still level 18.

Here's what I have been up to:

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#10]
God damn the twins fight is a cocksucker solo. I fucked up the npc summon for it and cant beat it. No psn so cant summon help.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:39:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Easily the best Dark Souls so far.  The Firelink shrine reminds me of the hub from Demon Souls.  The entire game is like looking at a painting in motion.

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Easily the best Dark Souls so far
.  The Firelink shrine reminds me of the hub from Demon Souls.  The entire game is like looking at a painting in motion.

View Quote
That is highly highly debatable.

There are lots of things wrong with Dark Souls 3, but it's still a good game
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I've completed my first play through.  Ended up with a lvl 130 Tank that could whack anything once or twice and kill it (except bosses).  All optional bosses slain, evenClick To View Spoiler

Now for NG+.......
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked it up for ps4. Started as a herald, unlocked the shortcut and that second boss is my next objective...something of the boreal forest or somesuch. The crawling guy woth the mace.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck me running. After dying to twins 20+ times I just found orbekcs sign there and beat them first try in about a minute.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well, I've completed my first play through.  Ended up with a lvl 130 Tank that could whack anything once or twice and kill it (except bosses).  All optional bosses slain, evenClick To View Spoiler

Now for NG+.......
View Quote

You mean you played a level 130 Sissy who can't take a hit from the simplest of objects without flinching.

(The reason I say this, poise literally does nothing in this game - in contrast to the first two games, people suspect it may be broken.)

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You mean you played a level 130 Sissy who can't take a hit from the simplest of objects without flinching.

(The reason I say this, poise literally does nothing in this game - in contrast to the first two games, people suspect it may be broken.)  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now for NG+.......

Yeah, pretty much.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuck me running. After dying to twins 20+ times I just found orbekcs sign there and beat them first try in about a minute.
View Quote

I killed Orbeck

Yuria told me to...

And poise has been confirmed to exist, but for some reason they have the feature turned off
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I killed Orbeck

Yuria told me to...

And poise has been confirmed to exist, but for some reason they have the feature turned off
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I killed Orbeck

Yuria told me to...

I didnt get yuria on my game. I screwed up that quest. I screwed up the sirris quest too. She appears for the twins if you dont screw up her quest. Got into the dragon peak area this morning and got to second bonfire before work.
Im running semi tankish. Solaires armor and odds and ends for rest with black knight shield +5 and dark sword +10 refined.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#20]
The last boss in that dragon area is probably the hardest boss in the game
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked up Dark Souls 2 real cheep. Like it so far. Will probably grab 3 when it comes down a little.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The last boss in that dragon area is probably the hardest boss in the game
View Quote

3 hours on this bastard so far and got him to stage 2 twice. Condidering getting psn to summon help. I made it 2 hours last night without getting mad playing while listening to Crowder. That video was funny as hell. I smoked the twins after finding orbekcs sign but no npc summons for this fight I think.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Need a little help. Finished the game today with the third ending by killing the shrine maid and stealing the fire. Was I not supposed to get a trophy?

I broke down and got psn for three months too. Summoned a guy for nameless and killed easy. Did some darkmooning and sunbroing too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Need a little help. Finished the game today with the third ending by killing the shrine maid and stealing the fire. Was I not supposed to get a trophy?

I broke down and got psn for three months too. Summoned a guy for nameless and killed easy. Did some darkmooning and sunbroing too.
View Quote

Apparently, you don't get the achievement if you kill her. You're just supposed to let the game end.

So now you still have to beat the game 3 more times if you want all 3 of them
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#25]
That sucks ass. Least I got the mimic head off the first mimic on ng+. Only took 4 lloyds talismans out of the 600 i bought before ending ng. Can farm covenant items offline now since I only got a few summons so far.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Farming cov items is HORRIBLE.

I tried farming the guys near the farron keep ruins bonfire for the farron one. Used the stupid chest hat, the crystal rapier, golden serpent ring, and a rusted coin. Got 0 in 20 runs. I wouldn't even attempt to farm them until you can restat to like 99 luck. It's a complete waste of time with any less.

Even though the game's only been out for a week; already getting farron covenant invasions or blue sentinels / darkmoons is impossible. They're supposed to be releasing a fix for darkmoons tomorrow, at least.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:58:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Played a bit more. Past the big boss you gotta stab in the nuts and in an area motherfuckers are swinging trees at me..and some big ass crabs. Pausing attempts at progression currentlt to grab souls and titanite to upgrade my weapon a bit more.

Liking the herald quite a bit. The messages and bloodstains from other players can be hilarious
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good greatsword/greathammer? I've been running with the regular "greatsword" that you find in the poison swamp, and i have it upgraded to +7 (390 DPH), but I can't find any unique/boss weapons that I can upgrade as easily. Everything else either requires titanite scales or twinkles and that shit isn't exactly common
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I tried farming the guys near the farron keep ruins bonfire for the farron one. Used the stupid chest hat, the crystal rapier, golden serpent ring, and a rusted coin. Got 0 in 20 runs. I wouldn't even attempt to farm them until you can restat to like 99 luck. It's a complete waste of time with any less.

Even though the game's only been out for a week; already getting farron covenant invasions or blue sentinels / darkmoons is impossible. They're supposed to be releasing a fix for darkmoons tomorrow, at least.
View Quote

I did 3 runs there this morning before work and got two sword grasses. Mimic hat and gold ring only. I used the soul for the rapier for a spell. Just beat the Sage guy so I think thats the soul for the rapier isnt it? Been sunbroing and have 9 medals so far.  I suck at pvp so am stuck farming souls,  err um the covenant items.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good greatsword/greathammer? I've been running with the regular "greatsword" that you find in the poison swamp, and i have it upgraded to +7 (390 DPH), but I can't find any unique/boss weapons that I can upgrade as easily. Everything else either requires titanite scales or twinkles and that shit isn't exactly common
View Quote

I dark souls I ran the whole game with the large club. Had a fun time with it. Havent upgraded one on this game yet to try. The one time I played with it was on the skellies in the catacombs. Knock em down then again when they get up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Im level 120 and sitting on 913k souls from sunbroing. Should I level more or stop.i just finished the abyss watcher fight about twenty times.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I love these games, but I'm absolutely terrible at them. I've never yet finished one and I own all 4, plus Bloodborne.  

Generally I only play on weekends, so I'll get bogged down on one hard part, not have time to get past it and then something else comes out that I want to play. I always tell myself I'll get back to DS, but it never happens.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Also, if any of you are into board games, there's a Dark Souls board game on Kickstarter right now that looks bad ass.

Maybe I'll actually be able to finish a game on that version.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#34]
The sony rep was in my store yesterday and told me about a new game on psn in alpha for free download. Its a lot likr dark souls. Played it a bit this morning. Game is called Nioh.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I farmed for 4 hours wih the hat and ring and only 7 lick and got 15. I usually get on per every hundred Grus I kill
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I farmed for 4 hours wih the hat and ring and only 7 lick and got 15. I usually get on per every hundred Grus I kill
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the Darkmoons "fix" did jack shit
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I farmed the grus in the area at fog to the abyss watchers and got all the covenant pieces in a couple hours plus almost 2 million souls with only the gold serpent ring and thre mimic head on NG+.  I sunbroed the abyss watchers about 25 times while farming. Only have moundmakers and darkmoon to do now. Spent all those souls and in now level 132. guess ill shoot for level 245-250. I do want to try sorcery since it was supposed to have been fixed for the last two endings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm level 29 now and made it to the undead village at the base of the wall. Pretty sure I cleared all the items and bosses in the beginning areas, with the exception of the Dancer. I can barely touch that guy. After about a dozen miserable failures I just moved on to the next area. I'm not sure I ever even took off as much as 10% of his health. I always get grabbed and die instantly.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

All of them are terrible to farm offline, especially proof of concord kept and vertebrae shackles. Luckily the shackles are backed by a functional online mechanic, unlike the proofs.

I don't know why they thought omitting the blue eye orb was a good decision. The auto-summoning idea for blues was brought in for DKS2 and never really worked very well.

Allegedly the blue summoning works fairly consistently at lower levels. I'd try at around level 20 with a +3 weapon. Weapon upgrade influences matchmaking and the parameters are/were quite narrow. Watchdogs of Farron should also work in that level range.

Quoted:
Im level 120 and sitting on 913k souls from sunbroing. Should I level more or stop.i just finished the abyss watcher fight about twenty times.

120 is the popular level to stop at, same as in DeS and DKS1. Later in the life of DKS1, I often had to use a character in the 80 to 100 range to get reliable multiplayer activity. Dueling is usually very active at higher levels, random invasions, multiplayer covenant summoning, and co-op may be less so.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm level 29 now and made it to the undead village at the base of the wall. Pretty sure I cleared all the items and bosses in the beginning areas, with the exception of the Dancer. I can barely touch that guy. After about a dozen miserable failures I just moved on to the next area. I'm not sure I ever even took off as much as 10% of his health. I always get grabbed and die instantly.  
View Quote

So you killed the woman? The dancer should be really hard for you. It's a late game boss
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So you killed the woman? The dancer should be really hard for you. It's a late game boss
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did kill her. There were all kinds of player hints saying to kill her, so... yeah.    Others said to "check the back" so I was wandering around and went behind her chair and it triggered the Dancer.

I don't feel quite so bad about getting mauled by him if I shouldn't be fighting him yet!

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Oops I meant level 145-150. im 140 now and still getting coop action. Got 2 darkmoon summons and 1 concord drop in about an hour today. Then started playing weith a guy a met yesterday from argentina.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Just lost 2 million souls farming concords in anor londo. Silver knight knocked me off the stairs and I landed on a ledge. Another knight shot me with an arrow and I died. Cant get on that ledge to recover souls. Bright side is I only need 14 more concords. I read an idea that might work to farm concords faster by dropping passworded signs with 3 people. One darkmoon, one blue sentinels and a red sign invader. Take turns being red invader and other two should get concord every kill.
Anyone interested in trying it?

ETA this might work getting shackles for moundmakers too by letting the invader win.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Just lost 2 million souls farming concords in anor londo. Silver knight knocked me off the stairs and I landed on a ledge. Another knight shot me with an arrow and I died. Cant get on that ledge to recover souls. Bright side is I only need 14 more concords. I read an idea that might work to farm concords faster by dropping passworded signs with 3 people. One darkmoon, one blue sentinels and a red sign invader. Take turns being red invader and other two should get concord every kill.

Anyone interested in trying it?

ETA this might work getting shackles for moundmakers too by letting the invader win.
View Quote
It doesn't work. As a blue, you don't get prioritized for people with the same password - and you don't get Concords for killing reds in other words as a white. Your summon sign doesn't make you a blue either.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

only took about 3 1/2 hours to farm the other 15 so glad i'm done with that shit forever
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#46]
29 shackles, 1 ring, 1 gesture and 3 endings to go to platinum. Going to take turns with friend from work invading with red soap stone to farm the shackles if he comes on later.

ETA damn when it said all rings I thought it meant all normal rings, not those and all the +1 to +3 too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
29 shackles, 1 ring, 1 gesture and 3 endings to go to platinum. Going to take turns with friend from work invading with red soap stone to farm the shackles if he comes on later.

ETA damn when it said all rings I thought it meant all normal rings, not those and all the +1 to +3 too.
View Quote

Okay, From. That's just bullshit. So if you miss some obscure ring+ you're screwed forever?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#48]
No the normal rings show up in ng+ and they all show in each game after ng+. im at 13 +2 rings to go in ng++ now. Have to get the slumbering dragoncrest too. Those shackles suck so far.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Fuck that pontiff motherfucker in that chapel with his flaming and icy swords and doppleganger. Gonna try him a few more times and if I cant drop em ima take this game to gamestop and get my 3.50 for it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Fuck that pontiff motherfucker in that chapel with his flaming and icy swords and doppleganger. Gonna try him a few more times and if I cant drop em ima take this game to gamestop and get my 3.50 for it.
View Quote

Calm down there Jeronimo. Are you on PC, PS4, or XB1?

The next two bosses you fight are arguably the toughest in the game. Get help from somebody here, or get embered and summon help
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top