Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2016 1:41:30 AM EDT
I know this has probably been before but I was thinking of picking one up. I don't want a PC because im a pretty casual gamer and its about time to upgrade the Xbox 360 and I need to play fallout 4 I loved FO3 and new Vegas and its killing me not being able to play it. So my questions are how good does it run? Figure they have all the bugs worked out by now, is it worth the $350 it seems to be going for? Basically tell me all about it and how you like it
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I mean if you're fine with 20FPS and lower on new AAA titles, its great.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
i switched from an xbox360 to a ps4.

it's not hooked up to the internet. i turn on the internet for it. when i need to do updates.

my only complaint is the options button on the controller is just not in a good spot.

my fallout 4 has run flawlessly.

im looking forward to trying out the ps4 VR. whenever that comes out.

overall i am happy with my ps4.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i switched from an xbox360 to a ps4.

it's not hooked up to the internet. i turn on the internet for it. when i need to do updates.

my only complaint is the options button on the controller is just not in a good spot.

my fallout 4 has run flawlessly.

im looking forward to trying out the ps4 VR. whenever that comes out.

overall i am happy with my ps4.
View Quote

Thanks I'd probably not hook mine up to the internet because mine is so bad so it's nice to see the can disconnect it
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I know this has probably been before but I was thinking of picking one up. I don't want a PC because im a pretty casual gamer and its about time to upgrade the Xbox 360 and I need to play fallout 4 I loved FO3 and new Vegas and its killing me not being able to play it. So my questions are how good does it run? Figure they have all the bugs worked out by now, is it worth the $350 it seems to be going for? Basically tell me all about it and how you like it
View Quote

Are you aware that the xbox one now supports backwards compatibility with various 360 titles?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I bought it and fallout 4. Going to pick it up tomorrow impretty excited to play a new game since I've been playing old games on my Xbox. Pretty much the main reason I bought it is because they basically quit making games for xbox 360 and I wanted fallout 4 but it comes with black ops 3 which probably want even get opened for quite awhile considering I haven't liked a COD game since black ops 1. What other games do you guys suggest? I like adventure games like fallout and FPS also I don't have good enough internet to play online ( I live in the boonies )
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
You made the right choice going with a PS4 over the XBone, I have one and absolutely hate the damn thing.  The only thing I use it for is a BluRay player and Netflix device now that I have a PC connected to my entertainment center.  The UI is way better on the PS4

As far as Fallout 4 goes I hope your happy with the game in the vanilla form, honestly if I was not able to change some of the things in the game (visuals, balancing, ect) I would not have been happy at all with it.

Hopefully Bethesda will follow through with the mod support on consoles
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You made the right choice going with a PS4 over the XBone, I have one and absolutely hate the damn thing.  The only thing I use it for is a BluRay player and Netflix device now that I have a PC connected to my entertainment center.  The UI is way better on the PS4

As far as Fallout 4 goes I hope your happy with the game in the vanilla form, honestly if I was not able to change some of the things in the game (visuals, balancing, ect) I would not have been happy at all with it.

Hopefully Bethesda will follow through with the mod support on consoles
View Quote

I've never played on a PC so I was never spoiled with mods so I'm sure ill like it. The only reason I would've gotten the xbone is because of the backwards compatibility because I have a ton of games for my 360 and that would be cool to have mods on a console
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's not as versatile as a PC, and over time a PC would have been cheaper.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I simply don't have the money for a PC and don't really want one that bad and I cant download games from because my internet is bad and we get like 14GB usage limit. if I was able to get good internet I would've considered it
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I simply don't have the money for a PC and don't really want one that bad and I cant download games from because my internet is bad and we get like 14GB usage limit. if I was able to get good internet I would've considered it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Games are cheaper and you don't have to pay for online. You can build a PC for $400-$500 that will perform better than a PS4 or Xbox One and will last you a long time.

As for not downloading games, you could have issues with a PC I'll admit. 14GB usage limit is a big wtf. That doesn't even sound right. You can use that up by watching YouTube videos and Netflix within a few days. I'd just say try to upgrade your internet or download the games at a friend's house. Because you kind of need internet for PS4 for updates and whatnot, unless you only play single-player games I guess.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you are in the same boat as i am with the internet. i've done game updates and ps4 updates the aren't that big.

however here is another thing you could do. if you want to update from a different internet hookup, library or any place that has free wifi. http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/46095/ps4-manually-update-system-software-using-usb-thumb-drive/
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Games list..
The Last of Us
Metro 2033 Redux
FarCry 4
You already have Fallout 4
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#13]
My general advice is buy whatever your friends have

I have both xbone and ps4 but play xbone more

With that said I play on Pc more due to iracing

You'll be happy with whatever tho
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top