Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2016 11:07:39 AM EDT
I'm currently on verizon wireless internet capped at 20gb a month for now...

I got bored with games on my PC so I bought Black Ops III for PC (disk...not Steam download) for shit and giggles.

Can't play it because you have be online on Steam in order to play it...even on single player (which I wanted to do). It also has to update on Steam before you can play the game via disk....

Cant play it because it would eat up all my data....

Also can't play any of my other games because they all need Steam updates.

Whats the point of selling the game on a disk, but you have to download a bunch of updates to launch it

Yes...I've tried launching while offline....says it cannot launch in offline mode....
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm currently on verizon wireless internet capped at 20gb a month for now...

I got bored with games on my PC so I bought Black Ops III for PC (disk...not Steam download) for shit and giggles.

Can't play it because you have be online on Steam in order to play it...even on single player (which I wanted to do). It also has to update on Steam before you can play the game via disk....

Cant play it because it would eat up all my data....

Also can't play any of my other games because they all need Steam updates.

Whats the point of selling the game on a disk, but you have to download a bunch of updates to launch it

Yes...I've tried launching while offline....says it cannot launch in offline mode....
View Quote

Welcome to the future.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
This your FML?

Really?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This your FML?

Really?
View Quote

Currently....

Other than the owner sold the house we were renting...

Was about to buy a house and then my wife lost her job...

So I need something to bitch about
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top