BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't forget he needs a Monitor as well.

What's the best monitor for gaming these days?

What's the most cost efficient monitor for gaming these days?
View Quote

Did this question get answered?  I may have missed it.

Am asking for myself as well as the OP of thread.

Supplement with another question - for general desktop use, what monitor would you purchase if you could spend up to about $700?

ETA:  Answered my own question:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2402169,00.asp
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Supplement with another question - for general desktop use, what monitor would you purchase if you could spend up to about $700?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For $700ish? Dell 3415W. If you can spend more, the Acer X34 with Gsync or Freesync depending on what graphics card you have.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acer Predator series.

But if you've got $200 more you can squeeze.
4k Gsync VA panel http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236677
Just pray you never have to deal with ASUS customer service.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the BenQ monitor that I posted on the second page. I cannot really justify over $300 on the monitor right now. Im going to go with a mechanical keyboard and a Razor mouse more than likely as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the BenQ monitor that I posted on the second page. I cannot really justify over $300 on the monitor right now. Im going to go with a mechanical keyboard and a Razor mouse more than likely as well.
View Quote

You can be happy with any mouse, but a Razer.
Avoid them like a methed up Michael Jackson at your 8th birthday party. One of these days they will make a mouse that can take more than 50 clicks before it self destructs, and I won't know what to do with myself.

Just go here and find what type of grip you would prefer to use. I may have some recommendations.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Avoid them like a methed up Michael Jackson at your 8th birthday party. One of these days they will make a mouse that can take more than 50 clicks before it self destructs, and I won't know what to do with myself.

Just go here and find what type of grip you would prefer to use. I may have some recommendations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Razer's quality is shit. Personally I use the Logitech G502 and a Corsair K70 keyboard.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I'm glad I said something then. I was looking at the Razer deathadder. It seems like I would go with a palm grip for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well I'm glad I said something then. I was looking at the Razer deathadder. It seems like I would go with a palm grip for it.
View Quote

Yeah I had the DeathAdder. It did a great job for the time, and the older ones weren't that bad. However, the quality of Razer products now is a big WTF. You're lucky if it lasts more than a year without issue and the customer support is a joke.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I read somewhere that the G502 probably wouldn't fit people with large hands. Does that seem to be pretty accurate? I'm a pretty big dude with big hands so I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance M65 also.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You just don't need anywhere near 32GB of RAM in a gaming PC, much less 64GB. At 4K and higher resolutions the max you will ever see used right now is about 9-10GB of RAM. The max you would even be able to use as a consumer right now would be around 22-24GB of RAM while doing heavy video editing.

Sure for higher resolutions the extra VRAM is more useful, but still there isn't really much that will actually use 8GB of VRAM. Even at 4K.

1050w is really excessive. A good 650w is way more than enough for a single 390.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 970 is overrated and will become obsolete when the next generation of video cards comes out in three months or so. 970 3.5 gb of ram is a joke for the price you are paying. Get a 390 with 8gb or wait for the next generation which will come with 8 to 16gb. The 970 is no future proof.

Spend the extra money and get at least 16gb of Ddr4 ram. The more ram the better because it does help against memory leaks that is common in unpatched AAA games. Do not get ddr3 because they are not future proof. Ddr3 have passed their life cycle and will be phased out. Ddr4 is designed for multi core CPU. My current rig have 20gb of ddr3. Next major upgrade will have at least 32gb of ddr4. I'm aiming for 64gb.

You need at least 750w PSU. Anything below it will not be future proof. A good power supply will last for 5 to 10 years. So spending the extra money will save you from needing to upgrade yor power supply in future build.

I agree the 390 is better for the price point. That is why I recommended it. However the 390 will be very obsolete before we actually start needing 8GB of VRAM... Especially for 1080p.

In general you do not need 32GB of RAM. Even more is completely unnecessary. 8GB is enough for any gaming PC right now and 16GB is just a nice upgrade for "future-proofing."

For gaming, there is only a performance difference with DDR3 and DDR4 while using integrated graphics. It makes zero difference while using a graphics card.

Most people will never need a 750w unit. You just need a quality unit. In general it is recommended to buy a good 650w power supply for future proofing. However, 500w is more than enough for most people. Especially considering the fact that components are becoming more and more efficient as time goes on.

I don't play at 1080 low resolution. Higher vram means better textures. Better textures means better graphics. Games already use 8gb like sleeping dogs free high texture dlc (pc only). That game is over 3 years old. Next generation of high end video cards will come with 16gb of vram so I have no doubt almost every future AAA games will used all my 8gb.

More rams means better protection against memory leaks which is very common in new AAA games release. You will have less crashes and increase stability. I personally do not like my game to crash just before the checkpoint. That's is why I invest money on a HD for just gaming and more RAM. My next major upgrade (end of 2016 or 2017) will probably run around $500-600. I will be replacing 3 parts, cpu (intel or amd), motherboard (asrock), and ram (32gb or 64gb).

My old 650W was replaced a couple months back with a 1050w gold. The 650W lasted over 8 years. It finally died because it couldn't handle my 390 and all of my other hardwares. I got every pennies out of my 650W. 8 years of future proof was worth the extra money.

Also spend the extra money on a good case. My last case lasted me over 15 years.

You just don't need anywhere near 32GB of RAM in a gaming PC, much less 64GB. At 4K and higher resolutions the max you will ever see used right now is about 9-10GB of RAM. The max you would even be able to use as a consumer right now would be around 22-24GB of RAM while doing heavy video editing.

Sure for higher resolutions the extra VRAM is more useful, but still there isn't really much that will actually use 8GB of VRAM. Even at 4K.

1050w is really excessive. A good 650w is way more than enough for a single 390.

Black ops 3 used 10gb of vram at max texture. Max delta vram on 1080 is over 4gb of vram on ultra setting. The 970 do very poorly with all the new AAA coming out because of it 3.5gb of VRAM.

You can have high texture with low vram but at the cost of performance. For examples a 5gb texture use on a video card with 4gb, the 1gb left over will spill into the slower ddr3 or ddr4 ram. This means you sacrifice lots of fps for higher quality. With 8gb card you don't lose the performance.

The current generation of video card is powerful enoungh to run the graphics at ulta setting for the next 5 more years. But that isn't the case because of the 4gb limitations. Nvidia next generation of card coming out in 3 months or so at minimum have 8gb of vram. Their high end video card will have 16gb and ti version will have 32gb.

If you want to play at max setting you must buy a video with a lot vram so it won't spilled and impact performance.

1050 is not excessive. As technology advances it used more power. That's why 500W won't even cut it today on high end rigs. 750w is the new standard.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It is not just the 840 EVO, it is any drive using TLC NAND of any form including the likes of the BX200. First thing is ALL SSDs leak, the following will explain why TLC is the problem child.

This is how the voltage states of Various SSDs work:
SLC: 2x voltage states = 0: (0v), 1: (100%)

MLC : 4x voltage states = 0: (0v), 1: (33%), 2: (66%), 3: (100%)

TLC : 8x voltage states = 0: (0v), 1: (14%), 2: (28%), 3: (43%), 4: (57%), 5: (71%), 6: (86%), 7: (100%)
As leakage occurs and there is a drop of voltage of lets say 11%. For MLC going from state 3's 100% to 89% still keeps it a large amount away from being close to state 2's 66%. Thus when the controller does its ECC pass it does not waste time to classify it as state 3.

Now apply this situation to TLC and state 7's 100% down to again 89%. This is much closer to state 6 than it is state 7 and ECC has to account for the fact that it is still above state 6 and is in actually state7. This is where the slow down is experienced for stale data during reads.

Needless to say if the voltage drop was 14% the data would be toast, and there is even a little bit of room for rounding errors but that is even less likely than outright data loss. That's right, TLC is entirely ill suited for archival purposes, we can go ahead and safely say that now.
Samsung can not just ignore fucking physics and make flawless TLC blessed by Allah's beloved male goat.

All they could do to slow down leakage was to increase the manufacturing node size and do it with 3d-NAND structuring. The reason why is easy enough to explain, the bigger the node size the slower leakage occurs. The 840 EVOs were 19nm and can experience the slowdown from sitting on a shelf unpowered within 8 weeks. The regular 840 series was done on a 21nm process and takes a couple of months for sure. Increasing the process to 40nm, that's a damn big jump, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the issues pop up within 2 years of use, but it will happen eventually.
TLC and its infamous leakage is why Apple stopped using it for their iPhone 6 series.
As to why you will see a lot of people buying the 850 EVO, if people were good at making informed decisions Bose and Beats would have died on the spot, and Intel would have been facing financial troubles during the Socket A days. Popularity rarely equals quality, it equals marketing.

People see the better benchmarks and care not one iota about the other factors behind a products quality.
As to the performance differences, outside of the rather out of the ordinary capture tests for the following, do you ever truly believe you would notice the difference between any decent SSD on the market which is still constrained by SATA 3?

http://www.storagereview.com/crucial_mx200_ssd_review
For the warranty issue, at one time Corsair's PSUs made by CWT were offered with a 5 year warranty, while Seasonic had less than that. Does that mean the coil whine plague unleashed by Corsair was by any measure more reliable than anything Seasonic offered? No. Has Craftsman been worth buying for the past decade, nope.
Increasing the warranty is also marketing at the end of the day. Even OCZ increased the warranties on their data traps. That didn't make them fail proof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Forget the 840 EVO. Yes we all know it had issues where it would get slower and slower over time. The 850 EVO does not suffer from the same problems the 840 did. Period.

The 850 EVO has pretty much the best price/performance over any other 250GB SSD on the market right now. That is why it is about the most recommended SSD across the board. I suggest you read some reviews of the 850 EVO. There are no issues with it as mentioned in those links. AnandTech, TweakTown. Also, Samsung warranties the 850 EVO for a full 5 years. That is pretty damn good for a SSD. Certainly better than the MX200's 3 year warranty.
It is not just the 840 EVO, it is any drive using TLC NAND of any form including the likes of the BX200. First thing is ALL SSDs leak, the following will explain why TLC is the problem child.

This is how the voltage states of Various SSDs work:
SLC: 2x voltage states = 0: (0v), 1: (100%)

MLC : 4x voltage states = 0: (0v), 1: (33%), 2: (66%), 3: (100%)

TLC : 8x voltage states = 0: (0v), 1: (14%), 2: (28%), 3: (43%), 4: (57%), 5: (71%), 6: (86%), 7: (100%)
As leakage occurs and there is a drop of voltage of lets say 11%. For MLC going from state 3's 100% to 89% still keeps it a large amount away from being close to state 2's 66%. Thus when the controller does its ECC pass it does not waste time to classify it as state 3.

Now apply this situation to TLC and state 7's 100% down to again 89%. This is much closer to state 6 than it is state 7 and ECC has to account for the fact that it is still above state 6 and is in actually state7. This is where the slow down is experienced for stale data during reads.

Needless to say if the voltage drop was 14% the data would be toast, and there is even a little bit of room for rounding errors but that is even less likely than outright data loss. That's right, TLC is entirely ill suited for archival purposes, we can go ahead and safely say that now.
Samsung can not just ignore fucking physics and make flawless TLC blessed by Allah's beloved male goat.

All they could do to slow down leakage was to increase the manufacturing node size and do it with 3d-NAND structuring. The reason why is easy enough to explain, the bigger the node size the slower leakage occurs. The 840 EVOs were 19nm and can experience the slowdown from sitting on a shelf unpowered within 8 weeks. The regular 840 series was done on a 21nm process and takes a couple of months for sure. Increasing the process to 40nm, that's a damn big jump, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the issues pop up within 2 years of use, but it will happen eventually.
TLC and its infamous leakage is why Apple stopped using it for their iPhone 6 series.
As to why you will see a lot of people buying the 850 EVO, if people were good at making informed decisions Bose and Beats would have died on the spot, and Intel would have been facing financial troubles during the Socket A days. Popularity rarely equals quality, it equals marketing.

People see the better benchmarks and care not one iota about the other factors behind a products quality.
As to the performance differences, outside of the rather out of the ordinary capture tests for the following, do you ever truly believe you would notice the difference between any decent SSD on the market which is still constrained by SATA 3?

http://www.storagereview.com/crucial_mx200_ssd_review
For the warranty issue, at one time Corsair's PSUs made by CWT were offered with a 5 year warranty, while Seasonic had less than that. Does that mean the coil whine plague unleashed by Corsair was by any measure more reliable than anything Seasonic offered? No. Has Craftsman been worth buying for the past decade, nope.
Increasing the warranty is also marketing at the end of the day. Even OCZ increased the warranties on their data traps. That didn't make them fail proof.

SSD speed is limited to sata3. Ssd can go much faster than the 6gb sata3. I'm hopping for u.2 to become standard instead of m.2. With u.2 the form factor is the same. That means I can hotswap my u.2 SSD. Hopefully in a year or so new MB will come with u.2.

I personally have my share of ssd failure. Much higher than the standard HHD. All of my ssd failures was within the warranty period.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have an high end video card go with 2k monitor or higher. There really no reason to stick with 1080 if you have a powerful video card. My 390 can play most games on 2k at ulta high setting with over 60fps. There are some games I get between 40-60fps on ulta setting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

If you're going to spend money on a powerful video don't limit it to a low resolution monitor. Spend the exta money on a 2k or higher monitor. Take full use of your video card.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Black ops 3 used 10gb of vram at max texture. Max delta vram on 1080 is over 4gb of vram on ultra setting. The 970 do very poorly with all the new AAA coming out because of it 3.5gb of VRAM.

You can have high texture with low vram but at the cost of performance. For examples a 5gb texture use on a video card with 4gb, the 1gb left over will spill into the slower ddr3 or ddr4 ram. This means you sacrifice lots of fps for higher quality. With 8gb card you don't lose the performance.

The current generation of video card is powerful enoungh to run the graphics at ulta setting for the next 5 more years. But that isn't the case because of the 4gb limitations. Nvidia next generation of card coming out in 3 months or so at minimum have 8gb of vram. Their high end video card will have 16gb and ti version will have 32gb.

If you want to play at max setting you must buy a video with a lot vram so it won't spilled and impact performance.

1050 is not excessive. As technology advances it used more power. That's why 500W won't even cut it today on high end rigs. 750w is the new standard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 970 is overrated and will become obsolete when the next generation of video cards comes out in three months or so. 970 3.5 gb of ram is a joke for the price you are paying. Get a 390 with 8gb or wait for the next generation which will come with 8 to 16gb. The 970 is no future proof.

Spend the extra money and get at least 16gb of Ddr4 ram. The more ram the better because it does help against memory leaks that is common in unpatched AAA games. Do not get ddr3 because they are not future proof. Ddr3 have passed their life cycle and will be phased out. Ddr4 is designed for multi core CPU. My current rig have 20gb of ddr3. Next major upgrade will have at least 32gb of ddr4. I'm aiming for 64gb.

You need at least 750w PSU. Anything below it will not be future proof. A good power supply will last for 5 to 10 years. So spending the extra money will save you from needing to upgrade yor power supply in future build.

I agree the 390 is better for the price point. That is why I recommended it. However the 390 will be very obsolete before we actually start needing 8GB of VRAM... Especially for 1080p.

In general you do not need 32GB of RAM. Even more is completely unnecessary. 8GB is enough for any gaming PC right now and 16GB is just a nice upgrade for "future-proofing."

For gaming, there is only a performance difference with DDR3 and DDR4 while using integrated graphics. It makes zero difference while using a graphics card.

Most people will never need a 750w unit. You just need a quality unit. In general it is recommended to buy a good 650w power supply for future proofing. However, 500w is more than enough for most people. Especially considering the fact that components are becoming more and more efficient as time goes on.

I don't play at 1080 low resolution. Higher vram means better textures. Better textures means better graphics. Games already use 8gb like sleeping dogs free high texture dlc (pc only). That game is over 3 years old. Next generation of high end video cards will come with 16gb of vram so I have no doubt almost every future AAA games will used all my 8gb.

More rams means better protection against memory leaks which is very common in new AAA games release. You will have less crashes and increase stability. I personally do not like my game to crash just before the checkpoint. That's is why I invest money on a HD for just gaming and more RAM. My next major upgrade (end of 2016 or 2017) will probably run around $500-600. I will be replacing 3 parts, cpu (intel or amd), motherboard (asrock), and ram (32gb or 64gb).

My old 650W was replaced a couple months back with a 1050w gold. The 650W lasted over 8 years. It finally died because it couldn't handle my 390 and all of my other hardwares. I got every pennies out of my 650W. 8 years of future proof was worth the extra money.

Also spend the extra money on a good case. My last case lasted me over 15 years.

Not all 500w PSUs are created equal. A quality SeaSonic 500w power supply is more capable than most 750w PSUs. 40A@12v is more than enough for any single GPU on the market my friend. :)

More VRAM is better of course, but its not like you should buy a Titan X over a 980 Ti for video games. That would be stupid.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you're going to spend money on a powerful video don't limit it to a low resolution monitor. Spend the exta money on a 2k or higher monitor. Take full use of your video card.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That all depends. 1440p at 60Hz is limiting yourself in competitive games like CS:GO. For that I'd take 144Hz over a sharper image.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That all depends. 1440p at 60Hz is limiting yourself in competitive games like CS:GO. For that I'd take 144Hz over a sharper image.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. The vast majority of people aren't good enough at CSGO where the deciding factor is 60fps vs 144fps. If your skill level is there, you will dedicate enough money to anot entire gaming rig. High resolution is far more useful for most people than fast refresh rate.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Just found out Rise of Tomb Raider use over 6gb of VRAM on 1080. No wonder 4gb cards having a large performance hit on high graphic setting. At 2k over 8gb of VRAM in some area. Current GPU can handle high textures as long as there is enough VRAM. Unfortunately that's not the case on most video cards.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/405691147600726644/

This guy running SLI Titian X and over 7gb of VRAM is used.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495763453686996686/F28E6456CE0BB689B9BB2BF37569B489765964E0/

High resolutions hight textures makes old games look very good and not outdated. TimeShift is an 8 years old game but aged very well because of 2k resolution and textures. My 2k screenshots of the game.

http://imgur.com/a/pZWFU

Sleeping Dog 6 years old game. My 2k screenshots of the game.

http://imgur.com/a/Bjdgt

Darksiders 2 6 years old game IIRC. 2k resolution. My 2k screenshots of the game.

http://imgur.com/a/pZWFU

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
  If you have an high end video card go with 2k monitor or higher. There really no reason to stick with 1080 if you have a powerful video card. My 390 can play most games on 2k at ulta high setting with over 60fps. There are some games I get between 40-60fps on ulta setting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I assume you are lumping in 1440p as 2k. Don't. The DCI standard for  native resolution 2k is 2048 × 1080. 1920x1080 also gets lumped into that category.
If you were to assign a *k value for 1440p it would unofficially be 2.5k.

Quoted:
I read somewhere that the G502 probably wouldn't fit people with large hands. Does that seem to be pretty accurate? I'm a pretty big dude with big hands so I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance M65 also.

Unfortunately if you are a big and tall customer, it would not be ideal.

From Logitech the consensus seems to be:
1. MX Master - it is a wireless mouse that can be plugged in. I'm usually weary of laser mice due to smoothing and acceleration. It's mostly a day to day use, and productivity mouse rather than gaming. Great for big hands though.See this thread http://www.overclock.net/t/1549116/logitech-mx-master-discussion-club
2. g602 - It is wireless only and that is a fair bit of a con. Plus all those buttons
3. The g700 - it would be my recommendation if not for the bad button lifespan problems it is having.

What I've seen be rather popular lately is the NAOS 7000 series. It is definitely a full sized mouse, and I haven't seen much mention of failures, but it has only been on the market for a full year so far. It is a palm grip only mouse due to its size, and it has the best optical sensor on the market.
Even this guy after having a failure turned around and got another. https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/3bsda1/replacement_for_mionix_naos_7000/
He mainly did it due to the fact that there aren't really that many mice suited for large hands and pure palm grips. It's a dry market.

I don't have much knowledge in this particular niche so keep an eye out for other suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered everything but a mouse so I would appreciate suggestions for a guy with big hands/long fingers with palm grip.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I just ordered everything but a mouse so I would appreciate suggestions for a guy with big hands/long fingers with palm grip.
View Quote
You need the Razer Deathadder.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure if you don't mind it breaking within a year.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had a Naga Hex for over a year w/o any issues. My headsets are another issue. Once I change over to a different mouse, I'm never buying another Razer product.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had mine from 2 years, before that always just bought the run of the mill mouse from any company as long as it had "gaming" on the box. Getting the deathadder was like upgrading from an apartment to a mansion, I could not believe the huge difference in quality.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've had mine from 2 years, before that always just bought the run of the mill mouse from any company as long as it had "gaming" on the box. Getting the deathadder was like upgrading from an apartment to a mansion, I could not believe the huge difference in quality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=razer+quality
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:56:13 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=razer+quality
That just goes to a bunch of forum posts where people ponder if they are good or bad, I have first hand empiracle data over the span of years that says Razer is fucking awesome.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I decided to try out the Corsair M65
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That just goes to a bunch of forum posts where people ponder if they are good or bad, I have first hand empiracle data over the span of years that says Razer is fucking awesome.

View Quote

Razer has absolute garbage quality control and if you need help the customer service is an absolute joke. That is the issue. If you actually talk to people that use Razer products you will get varying results. More-so than you would from other brands.

And you will always have that one guy that is like "I've had my Razer mouse for 5 years and it works fine." Cool, but 5 years ago Razer was top notch. Now they have shit customer service and shit quality control.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#29]
As far as prebuilt PC's how's the Dell XPS 8900?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As far as prebuilt PC's how's the Dell XPS 8900?
View Quote

For gaming it is hilariously bad. You would be better off removing the GPU that comes with it for your iGPU. To upgrade it you would need a new power supply and possibly a new case. Could easily build a beefier PC for the money.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top