Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2016 11:28:06 AM EDT
Game is actually really good.  Still noted as Alpha.  I was weary about the price tag of ~$40 for an Alpha, but I am very happy with my purchase.

Naval Action Website
Naval Action on Steam

Battle AI for general missions, battle players in small or large battles, and open world map.  Will add some of my screenshots but here is a couple that I found online.

I sail for the United States. Can choose to switch to Pirates at any point which is cool by attacking a friendly.

Helpful Websites:

Naval GG- List of Ship Battle Rating, Crew, Speed, Total Guns, and Gun rating.

Naval Action World Map-Overlay with ports and what country owns them

Burning Sails Map- Built in compass you can place anywhere and then estimate travel time to a different location. (No wind taken in account based on AVG 19 knots)

Crafting Helper

ETA:  We play on PVP 2- US. Sailing for the United States

Teamspeak info is: vs26.tserverhq.com:7440
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
$40 for an alpha?

Watch I bet the game will sell for $30 at release with a 50% off steam sale a month later, which has happened with other games.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I'm not paying to play an unfinished game...

It does look fun though!
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm...   how do they manage to keep this exciting?

3 Broadsides in 5 minutes...  With 15-30-60 minutes not uncommon for maneuvers.

Not exactly fast paced gameplay here.

I'm interested - but really most interested in seeing computer generated real-time reenactments of historical naval battles using this sim.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$40 for an alpha?

Watch I bet the game will sell for $30 at release with a 50% off steam sale a month later, which has happened with other games.
View Quote

+1

It looks like a slightly more realistic Pirates of the Burning Sea....without boarding actions?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

It looks like a slightly more realistic Pirates of the Burning Sea....without boarding actions?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$40 for an alpha?

+1

There is boarding instituted, but it's clunky. Turn based actions with details on moral, readiness, crew alive, and crew killed. I would check out Journeys stream if you want to see game play. Journeyman1029 I believe on twitch. We played for a couple hours last night so I could show him the ropes.

Hopefully will have the ARFCOM Navy (clan) up and running today so people can join
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 5:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sailing for the dutch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm sailing for the dutch.
View Quote

This guy...
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Add me on steam
Bearman71
Im currently downloading the game.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Add me on steam

Bearman71

Im currently downloading the game.
View Quote

Watch a  tutorial video before you start and you will be better off. There is no type of tutorial at this point FYI.  Hopefully by end of weekend I should have enough gold to create the clan.

The latest option for Clan name is 87th Privateers.

I like it. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I have added a couple of websites to the first post that I found useful. Please let me know if anyone finds more.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Clan has been created.

87th Armada. Message me so we can hook up and I can add those interested.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have added a couple of websites to the first post that I found useful. Please let me know if anyone finds more.
View Quote

http://www.navalactioncraft.com/
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#14]
We represented AR15 last night in a port battle to take a Hogs Cay from Pirates.  Not too many pirates showed up, but Kontra learned really quick how hard the Port Towers hit.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried it out yesterday. I had alot of problems and rage quit, but that was my internet connection being shitty so I had alot of desynch and lag. Looks pretty damn cool and has alot of potential, but room for improvement too. I know it's alpha, I'm just making suggestions. Really steep learning curve but alot of people aren't keen on watching a half hour tutorial video, they need some tutorial missions on ship handling basics like sail settings and proper cannon gunnery. And the UI isn't really initiative, it needs some tweaking. But it has alot of potential.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I tried it out yesterday. I had alot of problems and rage quit, but that was my internet connection being shitty so I had alot of desynch and lag. Looks pretty damn cool and has alot of potential, but room for improvement too. I know it's alpha, I'm just making suggestions. Really steep learning curve but alot of people aren't keen on watching a half hour tutorial video, they need some tutorial missions on ship handling basics like sail settings and proper cannon gunnery. And the UI isn't really initiative, it needs some tweaking. But it has alot of potential.
View Quote

First couple hours were not fun...no idea what to do.

Few hours after and I can't stop.  Enjoying my snow so far and found a mastercraft Cerberus.  Took it out for one battle undercrew 149/195 and it was ok, but not something I will try again.

Hopefully will get the next rank in a couple days and be able to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Explain to me wtf am I doing I'm just sailing around aimlessly....
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Explain to me wtf am I doing I'm just sailing around aimlessly....
View Quote

First night I got it I got drunk and sailed to the Bahamas.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I gave in. I need something to hold me over until The Division comes out. Installing now
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I gave in. I need something to hold me over until The Division comes out. Installing now
View Quote

Spent an hour watching YouTube tutorials... sure is a lot to learn!

What server should I be playing on?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clan is on US PVP
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Clan is on US PVP
View Quote

Damn, spent a few hours learning how to play on US PVE. Guess I'll make a character on PVP
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#23]
So I've been doing missions at Charleston and capturing traders in the area. Should I venture farther south or just keep doing what I'm doing for now until I get a better ship?

A lone pirate (player) came to Charleston just now so I notified the US chat of it. About 6 ships showed up at once and we sunk the thing in minutes. Pretty fun, but I only got 11xp... Seems like I should get more but oh well. It was still fun
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So I've been doing missions at Charleston and capturing traders in the area. Should I venture farther south or just keep doing what I'm doing for now until I get a better ship?

A lone pirate (player) came to Charleston just now so I notified the US chat of it. About 6 ships showed up at once and we sunk the thing in minutes. Pretty fun, but I only got 11xp... Seems like I should get more but oh well. It was still fun
View Quote

A good size group of us are in Key West right now. Add DigDoug87 to your friends list and I will add you to the clan when I am on!
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Sent. PRidd27

edit: character's name is Redwood
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Sent. PRidd27

edit: character's name is Redwood
View Quote

Accepted and Added.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks.

I'm really liking the map system (or lack there of). Having to navigate based on a map that doesn't show your position like most games creates excellent immersion in the game world.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Thanks.

I'm really liking the map system (or lack there of). Having to navigate based on a map that doesn't show your position like most games creates excellent immersion in the game world.
View Quote

Agreed. I would like the ability to be able to pin stuff on the map and also have the ability to set an azimuth to get where I want to go.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agreed. I would like the ability to be able to pin stuff on the map and also have the ability to set an azimuth to get where I want to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks.

I wouldn't mind being able to buy a module that gives you a map and sextant so you can find your approx location, but it's not a deal breaker without it.

Can someone break down how the crafting works? I don't have the pateince for 40 minute youtube videos and haven't found a good guide for it yet.

And I found this site on the reddit. The guy that created it is trying to get players to keep it updated with current resource prices. IDK how accurate it is, but I'm going to try it out today and see.

https://navalaction.tools
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Back in after playing The Division beta. I'm going to focus on missions to level up then join in some PVP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I just deleted my US character on PVP2.  I'm switching to an underdog nation.  Or at least not the most populated nation on the server.  Thinking about going GB, France, or Dutch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top