Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't see it already linked, so here's the tank video to go with the medic video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfeEgzbiti4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't see it already linked, so here's the tank video to go with the medic video.

Thank you for posting these! I knew going into the beta(s) that the game was an RPG that had more in common with MMOs like Star Wars the Old Republic or Mass Effect than it did first person shooters like CoD or Battlefield, but what the beta really didn't enable players to get a feel for (due to its limited scope, of course) was how much traditional RPG roles (tank, healer, DPS) will play in the game. It's cool to see in these videos a little of how those might play out!

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thank you for posting these! I knew going into the beta(s) that the game was an RPG that had more in common with MMOs like Star Wars the Old Republic or Mass Effect than it did first person shooters like CoD or Battlefield, but what the beta really didn't enable players to get a feel for (due to its limited scope, of course) was how much traditional RPG roles (tank, healer, DPS) will play in the game. It's cool to see in these videos a little of how those might play out!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, in the beta the limited missions we got to play were for starting players and didn't really require anything other than ammo, decent aim, and the ability to not do anything stupid.  Interested to see at what point defined mission roles start to make sense, and then start to become mandatory.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
This guys did a pretty nice video on the cover system with some tips and tricks.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This guys did a pretty nice video on the cover system with some tips and tricks.

http://youtu.be/vCplHhaVBYk  
View Quote

That was great.  The only downside I see to getting really good at cover, is that it is pretty much a liability in PVP.  Mastering moving & shooting is a much better skill for PVP, as cover targets = static targets = easy targets for other players.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That was great.  The only downside I see to getting really good at cover, is that it is pretty much a liability in PVP.  Mastering moving & shooting is a much better skill for PVP, as cover targets = static targets = easy targets for other players.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur. I think the name of the game in pvp is going to be to stay in groups, and if you go rogue, run until timer expires.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I refuse to watch these click bait videos
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#7]
BTW, in case if hasnt been stated already....

Rejoice!  We only have to wait another 3 days!

We do not have to wait until Tuesday!!  The game is being released on AEDT time, Australian time.  12:01am AEDT Tuesday is 8:01am EST Monday!

Monday, 8am EST baby!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We do not have to wait until Tuesday!!  The game is being released on AEDT time, Australian time.  12:01am AEDT Tuesday is 8:01am EST Monday!

Monday, 8am EST baby!
View Quote

Nope. In the US, digital copies of The Division for Xbox One, PS4, and PC will be active at 12:01AM EST on March 8, per Ubi.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nope. In the US, digital copies of The Division for Xbox One, PS4, and PC will be active at 12:01AM EST on March 8, per Ubi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monday, 8am EST baby!

Per Ubisoft:

With the launch of The Division just a week away, we thought it was a good time to update you on exactly when servers will go live.

The servers go live officially on March 8 at 00:01AM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)*.

Players who have purchased digital copies can begin preloading today for Xbox One, Thursday, March 3rd at 6pm CET / 9am PT for PC (Steam/Uplay) and March 6th at 00:01AM local time on PlayStation 4 -– except Japan where it will be available on March 8 at 00:01AM local time.

We can't wait for you to share these and other Division moments as you explore the streets and begin your journey to save New York City. Thank you for your continued support.

*(March 7, 2PM CET/8AM EST/5AM PST)

source

Then he went and made this post:

When can I start playing the game if I’ve purchased a digital copy?
o Xbox One - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada)
o PlayStation 4 - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) - except Japan where it will be available on March 10 at 00.001 AM
o PC – The game will be available from March 8 at 6:01am CET (00.01am EST) for both Steam, Uplay

Just blew my damn hopes away.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#10]
4 days
0 hours
45 minutes

until our Aussie brothers start playing.

It's going to be really tempting to look up twitch streams and spoilers that day.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I concur. I think the name of the game in pvp is going to be to stay in groups, and if you go rogue, run until timer expires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Movement > dps if you're turned rogue.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone that purchased the game on-line for digital download received an activation code yet? When I log into Uplay and go to my games The Division isn't there, so I'm wondering will I need my activation code to pre-load the game today, or will the game appear in my games section at 9am (west coast time) today with the option to pre-load and the activation code will be e-mail sometime between now and the 8th?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#13]
So how many people can be in a team when playing the storyline? Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it's 4
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think it's 4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's 4

Yeah, every mission I've seen previewed is only 4 person, but here's to hoping there are some larger group missions.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think it's 4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's 4

Yup.  4 is the group max.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Per Ubisoft:

source

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monday, 8am EST baby!

Per Ubisoft:

With the launch of The Division just a week away, we thought it was a good time to update you on exactly when servers will go live.

The servers go live officially on March 8 at 00:01AM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)*.

Players who have purchased digital copies can begin preloading today for Xbox One, Thursday, March 3rd at 6pm CET / 9am PT for PC (Steam/Uplay) and March 6th at 00:01AM local time on PlayStation 4 -– except Japan where it will be available on March 8 at 00:01AM local time.

We can't wait for you to share these and other Division moments as you explore the streets and begin your journey to save New York City. Thank you for your continued support.

*(March 7, 2PM CET/8AM EST/5AM PST)

source

When can I start playing the game if I’ve purchased a digital copy?
o Xbox One - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada)
o PlayStation 4 - The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) - except Japan where it will be available on March 10 at 00.001 AM
o PC – The game will be available from March 8 at 6:01am CET (00.01am EST) for both Steam, Uplay

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Release time is pretty damn simple for me. Get home from work on Tuesday, eat dinner with the wife, go downstairs and open the package that was waiting for me when I got home, pop it in the PS4, wait however long for the inevitable day-1 update to download, then play.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Release time is pretty damn simple for me. Get home from work on Tuesday, eat dinner with the wife, go downstairs and open the package that was waiting for me when I got home, pop it in the PS4, wait however long for the inevitable day-1 update to download, then play.

View Quote

I cant decide if I'll have the energy for midnight release or not.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the good thing about being in Alaska. 8pm on Monday, here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Well fuck me. Have to leave in 5 mins for my trip, got the e-mail from Ubisoft 30 mins ago stating "The product that you preordered is now available" but nothing is showing up in Uplay in my Games to download/pre-load.

Ah ha!!! Got it to work. Turns out the product activation code in the e-mail was so dark I couldn't see it.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#22]
It's happening!!!!!

They just released an official video including information about all the stuff in store in "Year One".

Loot trading!!!
Helmets confirmed in a quick clip.
The special "raids" are called incursions.
The expansions look awesome. The Last Stand involves "building defenses to hold the line" and recruiting other agents. Looks like you can make some sort of base.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Dark Zone Events.
Daily and weekly assignments.

The hype is real!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's happening!!!!!

They just released an official video including information about all the stuff in store in "Year One".

Loot trading!!!
Helmets confirmed in a quick clip.
The special "raids" are called incursions.
The expansions look awesome. The Last Stand involves "building defenses to hold the line" and recruiting other agents. Looks like you can make some sort of base.
View Quote

That third expansion looks like a sort of horde wave based mode?

This next 5 days is going to be hell!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Would you mind linking it? I'm TDY with spotty service at the moment.

Thanks either way for the update.

ETA, nevermind, you guys are quick!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh my.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#27]
So happy they have Loot Trading
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Gear sets Tin
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#29]
CHOOO CHOOO, the hype is real. Not sure if the train has enough fuel for 4 more days.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I gave into the hype and picked up a copy for $45.

Edit: Just noticed this video was posted on PG 46 :(
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Just preordered the game and the season pass. First ever season pass I have purchased... better be worth it!

PS4: monkeypunch13
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Tanks?!

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#33]
When he starts talking about Season Pass bonuses in the Year One video, the player agent is wearing what looks like a helmet and ear-pro.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#34]
1.1 patch notes found in the preload files.

Click To View Spoiler

eta: bolded things I find most interesting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I've been hearing a lot of bad things about this game? Anyone with experience playing the beta or full game care to offer an eval?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I've been hearing a lot of bad things about this game? Anyone with experience playing the beta or full game care to offer an eval?
View Quote

Honestly, there's 50+ pages of eval here to read already.

The response in this thread is overwhelmingly positive with just a few outlying complaints that may or may not be addressed by the time the game releases or in the near future.

If you've heard specific bad things that turn you off to the game let us know what they are and I'm sure we can either confirm or deny.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a little too unique to compare it to just one game. People are going in thinking it's mainly an FPS like Destiny or COD, only to be disappointed when they find out attributes and skills are more important like in MMORPG's.

I would say it's a mix of the following:

Ghost Recon: cover system, modern setting, 3rd person view but can switch to FPS while shooting/sniping.
Witcher 3: Open world RPG with lots of character skill and ability customization.
Destiny: MMO with party oriented content, missions are both open world and instanced, missions have different difficulties which offer greater rewards.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

its far from it.  Those bashing it seemed to have the expectation it was going to be a tactical shooter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally, it's really just opinion, and you can't please everybody. A lot of people complaining are because not every single facet of the game conforms to their preferences, or they cannot accept the design of the game, like it being an RPG and not a shooter game.

That said, my opinion, the game is beautiful designed, the gameplay is captivating and intuitive, and it leaves me wanting more.

I played the Alpha, and couldn't wait for the closed beta. I played the closed beta and couldn't wait for the open beta. I played the open beta and now cannot wait until release.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Trying to push GMG to release their digital keys... Would love to get the preload over with.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Trying to push GMG to release their digital keys... Would love to get the preload over with.
View Quote

Good luck with that, GMG over sells their keys all the time.   Took a week after release of Starwars:battlefront to finally get my key.  I'll never buy a game from them that I want on release.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Good luck with that, GMG over sells their keys all the time.   Took a week after release of Starwars:battlefront to finally get my key.  I'll never buy a game from them that I want on release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greaaat!  Haven't used them since Elder Scrolls Online pre-order/release and then went just fine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#44]
For the person who said you heard bad things about this game post your sources.  Ubisoft has not and will not be giving people early access to review the game before launch day.  So what you are hearing is from people playing the Alpha and Beta.  Which was just a fraction of what the full game will be.  And the Beta was only 3 days so there is that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm preloading.

With the expansion release notes I'm seriously considering grabbing the season pass too!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#46]
How do I get the pre load to start on xbone?

I bought the digital gold edition, it says I have to wait when I click on the game icon
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I bought the digital gold edition, it says I have to wait when I click on the game icon
View Quote

Overview

You can pre-order select Xbox One games through the Xbox Store. When you pre-order a game, you can install the digital version before the release date. If your console is connected to Xbox Live, your game and any updates will begin downloading automatically as soon as they're available, allowing you to play the game the first day it's available in your region.

Here are a few things you should know about this automatic download:

Your console must be set to Instant-On power mode for the game to start downloading when available, and it must be connected to the Xbox Live service. For more information about power modes, see About energy-saving and Instant-On power modes.
Note We recommend that you keep your console in Instant-On power mode and connected to Xbox Live so that any additional updates to the game can be downloaded automatically.

Once available, the game will appear in your queue and download in the background without any input from you.
If you try to launch the game before the release date, you'll see the "loading" screen, but you'll be unable to play.
Any additional add-on items, such as downloadable content, will also be installed with the game, but it can only be accessed once the game has been released.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I just got switched to the night shift at work. I'll be working when the game goes live until 7am

Eta:

2 days
22 hours
51 minutes until The Division is live in Australia
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine just auto downloaded a while back when I preordered it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Just ordered the PS4 Gold Edition (Digital Copy) off Amazon.  Giggity..
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top