Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:30:24 AM EDT
[#1]
PTS got a 2nd patch. I'm really liking where they're headed.

Last Stand is open for testing. Reviews coming in and the gear normalization is interesting. Basically everyone's gear stats get maxed out to the max roll while in a Last Stand match.

The new seeker set got fixed, the banshee set did as well, and tactician's authority got a buff. Lots of changes to major/minor stats on gear; damage to elites is now only a minor stat.

Patch notes

Interestingly, stamina got nerfed in half (1 point is 15 hp now instead of 30), and nothing about the change was mentioned in the patch notes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody else wanting 1.6 to come out already? 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody else wanting 1.6 to come out already? 
View Quote

Not so much here.  I do not PvP and I finally got my gear set up to where it works very well for me.  I'd like to see more map opened up for PvE content.  Hell even make the DZ a PvE instance if one so desired.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:14:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not so much here.  I do not PvP and I finally got my gear set up to where it works very well for me.  I'd like to see more map opened up for PvE content.  Hell even make the DZ a PvE instance if one so desired.
View Quote
I wish they would do something to the Rogue Players that just go around and start drama in the chat and etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just started playing and am a complete noob. If anyone wants to find me in game same name as here have comms if that helps.

Guess I should mention I'm on PC
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Now that 1.6 is in, I'm going to play just to beat all the PvE stuff. I still have to finish 2 incursions and the newest one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't played this game in a while.  Used to play with fabledviper if we bought the limited/collectors edition does that give you the latest DLC?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like 1.6 dropped today.  Anyone still playing?
View Quote
I haven't played in months, but still check this thread from time to time. I think I developed a love/hate relationship with The Division. What I loved about it was the immersive environments, fun missions and quests, the interesting story, and grouping and chatting with many of the Arfcommers who also played.

What I hated about it was the abjectly lackluster, boring, and unimaginative incursions (I mean really, who designed those a 5 year old?), and the nauseating soul crushing end-game loot lotto. Running mission after mission, daily after daily, etc. just hoping that the backpack or rifle you wanted/needed would drop - and drop with reasonable stats - got tiring pretty quickly. It seemed like 90% of the time the item you wanted/needed wouldn't drop, and if it did drop it had about a 1% chance of having most of the stats you wanted/needed. The Division's end-game loot lotto was just punishing on casual gamers.

Even then once you got the gear you wanted what then? If you disliked PvP and the Dark Zone it's not like there were fun incursions to tackle. Had The Division been more like a classic MMORPG where the shorter missions were like MMORPG instances, and the incursions like raids, I think it would have appealed to PvEers more and have more shelf life. An incursion that took 60-90 minutes, had 4-6 mini boss fights and maybe some interesting mechanics, would have been fun.    
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Xbox One has a free preview of this game.  You can play for 6 hours or until you reach level 8 for free.  Downloaded the game Sunday and was really impressed with the graphics and most of the game play.  Very tempted to buy a copy when my preview ends.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
^^^ It's fun for a long time.

Just remember armor matters. all of it. sets combined give you great power.

and save all your armor (good stuff) as well... with every update the OP armor set changes... so it's nice to have plenty in back up to put on when your armor set goes weak and the weak one goes OP.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Can anyone link a good site/guide for optimizing different builds/gear sets?

Just got back into the game this week and have been farming a bunch of 256lvl gear and now can't find any solid information on what to build.
If it matters, I don't have any of the DLCs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#14]
A lot of times I like just going straight glass cannon!

Or run the mostly exotic build:

Both are fun as hell in LS, and the deadeye glass cannon build does just fine in the DZ as well... Right now it's melt or be melted!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Got an email about a week of events for their 1 year anniversary... hmm
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Anniversary Weekend.  Extra rewards and 200 premium credits.  Also a free celebration emote.  I'm only at Level 6 so I got squat for gear and stuff.  Hope this event helps remedy that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone else getting their butts handed to them on Last Stand?
Seems all of my team runs in different directions leaving people alone to face 2-3 of the opposite team
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone else getting their butts handed to them on Last Stand?
Seems all of my team runs in different directions leaving people alone to face 2-3 of the opposite team
View Quote

It comes and goes.  Most times I can hold my own, but every now and then I get in a game where it feels like I'm doing 1v4's the entire time and I just get run over.

Best game so far was 24 kills and 32k points.  I really want to get to 30 kills
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It comes and goes.  Most times I can hold my own, but every now and then I get in a game where it feels like I'm doing 1v4's the entire time and I just get run over.

Best game so far was 24 kills and 32k points.  I really want to get to 30 kills
View Quote

What gear sets are you guys using in last stand (and for PvE)? I've got a decent Striker build for PvE but haven't quite figured out what to use for last stand yet. I was thinking of running MC Skulls Gloves with a bunch of yellow/gold items, focusing on firepower, but tried it once and got my ass kicked.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm using the Lightweight M4 and not sure for talent to use. Looking for talent and gear wise to keep alive and die when someone uses a full auto rifle. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What gear sets are you guys using in last stand (and for PvE)? I've got a decent Striker build for PvE but haven't quite figured out what to use for last stand yet. I was thinking of running MC Skulls Gloves with a bunch of yellow/gold items, focusing on firepower, but tried it once and got my ass kicked.
View Quote

I really don't farm much at all anymore since I have decent gear and last stand maxes the rolls on everything to normalize.  I'd like to still get a Barrett's chest, but it's not as OP since armor got reduced and I find that reckless/vigorous work well enough.  I use an all gold build reckless/vigorous chest, refreshed mask, shortbow's kneepads, specialized backpack, skull gloves, nimble holster.  Generally will use reckless unless I have a friend that is playing as a healer build.  I use a unforgiving/responsive/competent MP5 and have a MP7 that I flip to also.

I have 2 stamina rolls and the rest firearms.  This is only to unlock unforgiving, I want to try 1 stamina, 1 electronic and the rest firearms but I need to get different talent rolls for that.  I use booster shot, pulse(conceal) and tac link.

In my opinion the biggest thing with last stand is knowing when to push and when to pull back.  If you are the one in the front of your group you will get focus fired and killed quickly.  Even knowing this I still make the mistake sometimes where I get too aggressive and then get quickly outnumbered.  Your build is important, but even the best player using a great build will get destroyed if outnumbered 5-1.

Got a new HS on Sunday:
Attachment Attached File

32 fuckin assists
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I really don't farm much at all anymore since I have decent gear and last stand maxes the rolls on everything to normalize.  I'd like to still get a Barrett's chest, but it's not as OP since armor got reduced and I find that reckless/vigorous work well enough.  I use an all gold build reckless/vigorous chest, refreshed mask, shortbow's kneepads, specialized backpack, skull gloves, nimble holster.  Generally will use reckless unless I have a friend that is playing as a healer build.  I use a unforgiving/responsive/competent MP5 and have a MP7 that I flip to also.

I have 2 stamina rolls and the rest firearms.  This is only to unlock unforgiving, I want to try 1 stamina, 1 electronic and the rest firearms but I need to get different talent rolls for that.  I use booster shot, pulse(conceal) and tac link.

In my opinion the biggest thing with last stand is knowing when to push and when to pull back.  If you are the one in the front of your group you will get focus fired and killed quickly.  Even knowing this I still make the mistake sometimes where I get too aggressive and then get quickly outnumbered.  Your build is important, but even the best player using a great build will get destroyed if outnumbered 5-1.

Got a new HS on Sunday:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376372/new-pr-166155.JPG

32 fuckin assists
View Quote

Damn...I was just happy to get 2 kills yesterday lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a new HS on Sunday:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376372/new-pr-166155.JPG

32 fuckin assists

For real. My highest is like 18k. Will tinker around tomorrow. I have so much gear in storage because I've been trying to figure out what to do next. I've trended towards tanky builds so this will be new to me. Right now I run striker with a Famas and 2pc alphabridge for the health regen.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

For real. My highest is like 18k. Will tinker around tomorrow. I have so much gear in storage because I've been trying to figure out what to do next. I've trended towards tanky builds so this will be new to me. Right now I run striker with a Famas and 2pc alphabridge for the health regen.
View Quote
I'm am just getting up to gear level 256 so my inventory is lacking, have yet to finish the incursions along with barely any time in the dark zone or underground. Basically at a level where I need to team up with people but all the people I usually play with just started and are barely level 10 :)
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm am just getting up to gear level 256 so my inventory is lacking, have yet to finish the incursions along with barely any time in the dark zone or underground. Basically at a level where I need to team up with people but all the people I usually play with just started and are barely level 10 :)
View Quote
I was in the same boat as you not too long ago.  Just work your way through the World Tiers and you will gear up very quickly.  You can also join a friend in WT5 and just pick up the free loot on a tour of the PvE bosses.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:17:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Primary rolls of health on gear and mods, within ~5% of cap, seems to be the go to on some of the PVP DPS builds I've seen.
My numbers might be slightly off but +300k DPS w/ AR and SMG, +300k toughness and +120k Skillpower.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Primary rolls of health on gear and mods, within ~5% of cap, seems to be the go to on some of the PVP DPS builds I've seen.
My numbers might be slightly off but +300k DPS w/ AR and SMG, +300k toughness and +120k Skillpower.
View Quote
Here's my opinion on a DPS build and what I use for last stand.  Using ARs or SMGs.  With it being last stand, you don't have to worry about the quality of the rolls, just what the rolls are.  Meaning it doesn't matter if its 1170 stamina or 1270.  Once you are in last stand all of your rolls get maxed.  Same can be said for weapons.  Get a gun with the talents that you want and don't worry about the base damage.  It will scale to max as a part of the normalization in last stand.

2 stamina rolls, the rest firearms - to unlock unforgiving.  If I wasn't using this I would go more glassy.

Majors:
Chest - health/exotic damage resistance
Mask - chc or skill power (I prefer chc)
Kneepads - health
Backpack - health
Gloves -chc/chd/weapon dmg
Holster - health

Minors:
Chest - ammo capacity
Mask - burn resist
Kneepads - burn/shock resist and one other of your picking
Backpack - burn resist (in last stand you die often enough that ammo capacity really isn't an issue)
Gloves - none
Holster - none

Guns - There is some debate here and it depends on your build, but I tend to like talents that add base damage to my weapons.  That then scales with all your chc/chd.  In my opinion for AR/SMG I like responsive/unforgiving/competent.

For SMG's you want to build into chd with weapon mods.  You get the native chc on the gun, so getting your chd over 100% is going to be crucial to your dps since you will be critting often.

TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR NUMBERS ONCE YOU ARE IN A LAST STAND GAME.  This will significantly effect how you feel about your build.  Once all of the rolls get maxed it makes a large difference.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Here's my opinion on a DPS build and what I use for last stand.  Using ARs or SMGs.  With it being last stand, you don't have to worry about the quality of the rolls, just what the rolls are.  Meaning it doesn't matter if its 1170 stamina or 1270.  Once you are in last stand all of your rolls get maxed.  Same can be said for weapons.  Get a gun with the talents that you want and don't worry about the base damage.  It will scale to max as a part of the normalization in last stand.
View Quote
This is good info. Wasn't aware of this. Will be doing some tinkering tonight, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I just started playing last week.  I'm level 15 and about halfway through the story line.  When does all the good gear start dropping?  I keep getting white, green (mostly) and sometimes blue loot drops but its usually crappy gear.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just started playing last week.  I'm level 15 and about halfway through the story line.  When does all the good gear start dropping?  I keep getting white, green (mostly) and sometimes blue loot drops but its usually crappy gear.
View Quote
The good stuff does not drop until you hit 30.  As you level up do not bother to buy or craft anything just save it all for when you hit 30.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:11:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The good stuff does not drop until you hit 30.  As you level up do not bother to buy or craft anything just save it all for when you hit 30.
View Quote
And once you hit 30, you get to grind up through the world tiers.
Tier 5 is 256 gear score for greens, yellows, and "reds" (aka exotics).
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Finally have every piece of exotic gear... Almost have all the exotic weapons except for the Eir and Warlord.

Only the vest and mask are re-rolled in this pic... And I'll never run the full exotic build anyways, but its kinda cool to have em all.

Btw the MDR sat at 51.4k damage, and the Thompson at 25k as it was.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:32:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Finally have every piece of exotic gear... Almost have all the exotic weapons except for the Eir and Warlord.

Only the vest and mask are re-rolled in this pic... And I'll never run the full exotic build anyways, but its kinda cool to have em all.

http://i.imgur.com/dBtiIsQ.jpg

Btw the MDR sat at 51.4k damage, and the Thompson at 25k as it was.
View Quote
I have gotten 2 useless Eirs, a decent Eir, a Caduceus, and a Showstopper.
Would be nice to get a somewhat useable Exotic weapon.

ETA- I've been running a 4 piece Striker + 2 piece Nomad the last week or so, since I mainly PVE solo, and I'm really liking it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I quit playing few days ago...Too many cheaters during game play shooting through walls. 
Page / 89
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top