Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if right thread, but looking for Xbox one players to DZ with. Sick of getting wrecked by rogues solo. Find me: Miketke
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Watch out for Rogues doing this one guys.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB_2gDDJ72M

View Quote

Yeah, came across this several times already, did not know how they did it, also can be done with the little garage at the gas station across the street.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where is the line with feeling it is OK to cheat?

Video games. SURE WHY NOT.
Card games. AS LONG AS I WIN.
board games. WHOS GOT TIME FOR THAT.  
pickup basketball game.  HUSTLING.
company softball game. MOST BE THE BEST AND LOOK GOOD.
college football. I COULD BE IN THE NFL IF I DO.
pro sports. $$$$$$$
card games in vegas. MORE $$$$$$$
elections. AS LONG AS ITS A R :)
taxes. MY MONEY, NOT THERES.
the self checkout at the grocery store. ITS ONLY 21 ITEMS NOT 20. GIVE ME A BREAK.

so where is the line?

The Internet brings out ones true self
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I like how they don't really show how to do it. just aim a littlle to the right ahhhh you're in. Not really that helpful
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ran into a few rogues doing that yesterday.  You can kill them using explosive bullets and just shooting the end of the container.  For some reason they don't take bullet damage, but still take the explosive damage
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Moving on... I found this idea to be interesting, and I wholeheartedly support it. Too bad we likely won't get it soon if ever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4h49th/pve_dark_districts/

So we've all said it, the PVE area post level 30 is unused basically, right?

I'm thinking on a daily basis we could have a random district go "soft dark".

Instead of the classic dark zone it would be a district where there has been a resurgence of violence or crime, you would need to clear out pockets of level 32 mobs and 1-2 boses. Once cleared that district will stay cleared untill its selected randomly again (a small reward for clearing). This would give players more PVE options while keeping the dz as the primary place to get shiny loot.

I thought to myself this would go great with another type of mechanic, one where every PVE zone you have that's outside the dark zone generates you materials on a daily basis.

They would only generate you mats after level 30 and the districts have been cleared of all side missions and encounters, and if they aren't "soft dark". If you don't log in for a few days the districts will continue to randomly go dark and you will get reduced / no mats.

Thoughts?

ETA: I don't know how to do quote boxes.

View Quote

Would be like GTA San Andreas
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, came across this several times already, did not know how they did it, also can be done with the little garage at the gas station across the street.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can also use the mobile cover to glitch into the safe rooms and checkpoint completely removing their manhunt timer. I ran into a group that was at max manhunt running around near the BoO side DZ01 entrance yesterday that did it, it looks like they do it the same way as the 'new' incursion glitch.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Moving on... I found this idea to be interesting, and I wholeheartedly support it. Too bad we likely won't get it soon if ever.

Instead of the classic dark zone it would be a district where there has been a resurgence of violence or crime, you would need to clear out pockets of level 32 mobs and 1-2 boses. Once cleared that district will stay cleared untill its selected randomly again (a small reward for clearing). This would give players more PVE options while keeping the dz as the primary place to get shiny loot.

I thought to myself this would go great with another type of mechanic, one where every PVE zone you have that's outside the dark zone generates you materials on a daily basis.

They would only generate you mats after level 30 and the districts have been cleared of all side missions and encounters, and if they aren't "soft dark". If you don't log in for a few days the districts will continue to randomly go dark and you will get reduced / no mats.

Thoughts?

View Quote

As someone who primarily does PvE content I like ideas that expand and enrich the PvE aspect of the game, especially if it can be done using existing map areas. One thing I love to do in my RPGs is explore, but in this game so much of the landscape is just a beautifully crafted and drawn ghost town. But I don't think the biggest PvE issue needing rapid attention in this game is the uselessness of the PvE zones once you hit level 30. The biggest problem is the loot system. What would be the point of populating the PvE area of the map, even if sporadically like in the Reddit post, with level 32 mobs and named mobs if the reward is just more lackluster level 163 loot that you will deconstruct to turn into more mats so you have a chance at crafting halfway decent gear/weapons? Heck, even the DZ is rather pointless outside leveling your DZ rank just so you can buy the schematics there. I spent 4 hours a few nights ago in a group farming DZ05 & DZ06 and extracted over two stash fulls of HE gear mods and weapons (mostly weapons). I was only picking up weapons and mods and left most the HE gear items on the ground since I already have loads of fabric mats. Every single weapon was level 163 and 2 out of 3 of the stats were useless.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As someone who primarily does PvE content I like ideas that expand and enrich the PvE aspect of the game, especially if it can be done using existing map areas. One thing I love to do in my RPGs is explore, but in this game so much of the landscape is just a beautifully crafted and drawn ghost town. But I don't think the biggest PvE issue needing rapid attention in this game is the uselessness of the PvE zones once you hit level 30. The biggest problem is the loot system. What would be the point of populating the PvE area of the map, even if sporadically like in the Reddit post, with level 32 mobs and named mobs if the reward is just more lackluster level 163 loot that you will deconstruct to turn into more mats so you have a chance at crafting halfway decent gear/weapons? Heck, even the DZ is rather pointless outside leveling your DZ rank just so you can buy the schematics there. I spent 4 hours a few nights ago in a group farming DZ05 & DZ06 and extracted over two stash fulls of HE gear mods and weapons (mostly weapons). I was only picking up weapons and mods and left most the HE gear items on the ground since I already have loads of fabric mats. Every single weapon was level 163 and 2 out of 3 of the stats were useless.

View Quote

I agree. The way they have HE gear "gated" at the moment isn't fun at all. I'm at gear score 165 and I don't foresee getting above that any time soon. There needs to be a chance for the upper tiers of HE gear to appear as drops. Right now farming mats is way more effective than trying for gear drops, which is simply not fun.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I took my first foray into the DZ today.  It lasted about 6 minutes.  I made one lap around the block in DZ01 and killed 2-3 groups of NPCs before a pair of rogues took me down instantly.  I re-spawned and as soon as I stepped out of the door the same two guys killed me again.

So yea that was fun...for someone....
View Quote

I ventured into DZ for the first time as well. I'm at 24 (but most gear is 21 or so) so probably way too soon for this. I was able to kill several groups of NPCs but had no chance at the couple of extractions I tried. NPCs showed up and kicked my butt well before the helicopter arrived.

I spent maybe 20 - 30 minutes in DZ01 and didn't see another "live" player, only NPCs.

Fun game so far. I've enjoyed the campaign mode, but need some better gear before trying the DZ again.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I ventured into DZ for the first time as well. I'm at 24 (but most gear is 21 or so) so probably way too soon for this. I was able to kill several groups of NPCs but had no chance at the couple of extractions I tried. NPCs showed up and kicked my butt well before the helicopter arrived.

I spent maybe 20 - 30 minutes in DZ01 and didn't see another "live" player, only NPCs.

Fun game so far. I've enjoyed the campaign mode, but need some better gear before trying the DZ again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I took my first foray into the DZ today.  It lasted about 6 minutes.  I made one lap around the block in DZ01 and killed 2-3 groups of NPCs before a pair of rogues took me down instantly.  I re-spawned and as soon as I stepped out of the door the same two guys killed me again.

So yea that was fun...for someone....

When I went I saw one other live player who came and tagged the NPCs I was killing for the xp but pretty much ignored each other till the other two came in.  I may try again but I am not a PvP player. It just sucks that to gear up effectively you must enter a place where PvP is the rule.  If I want to PvP I play games that require skill, knowledge and a touch of luck such as the armor side of WWIIOL.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

I wouldn't have thrown away the cloth. You'll be using a TON of it to craft the perfect sentry/striker set knee pad/mask. I had 300 it takes 25 cloth per mask, out of 10 mask I got one good one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wouldn't have thrown away the cloth. You'll be using a TON of it to craft the perfect sentry/striker set knee pad/mask. I had 300 it takes 25 cloth per mask, out of 10 mask I got one good one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

You aren't kidding about set items taking a ton of fabric.  I usually grab everything in the DZ, but if I'm full and more drops the armor items are what I destroy.  For some reason no matter what I do I always have a TON more fabric than any other material.  Electronics and tools seem to be my low spots.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thoughts?

I didn't deconstruct the cloth, I just didn't pick up the items. By the time the group was done (was after 2am my time) I just didn't have the time/energy to go back into the DZ to collect more stuff just to extract it so I could deconstruct it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#16]

So, who's up for FL CM?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, I really want a burrito now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Gotta love it.  No daily missions today.  They say they are working on a permanent fix.  Someone suggested to make all missions dailies every day, lol.  I just wish they spit out more PxC.  They are too stingy with them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gotta love it.  No daily missions today.  They say they are working on a permanent fix.  Someone suggested to make all missions dailies every day, lol.  I just wish they spit out more PxC.  They are too stingy with them.
View Quote

Stingy? I have all the patterns, that I could want. I'm just buying stuff to deconstruct it now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Stingy? I have all the patterns, that I could want. I'm just buying stuff to deconstruct it now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, I'll only get <50/day.  The hard missions, daily mission, then a few from other missions or named enemies.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yea, I'll only get <50/day.  The hard missions, daily mission, then a few from other missions or named enemies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya tend to get a bit more with running the DZ. I guess that's where the difference is. With the dailies and running the dz for a while you can bet on 75+ sometimes.

ETA: The daily challenging spits out 50 if I am not mistaken...you get the 30 base PLUS the 20 bonus...correct me if I am wrong...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stingy, yes, stingy.  Its nice you have everything you want.  Some of us don't have shit....And Im getting really sick of the grind. Its just not fun anymore.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Stingy, yes, stingy.  Its nice you have everything you want.  Some of us don't have shit....And Im getting really sick of the grind. Its just not fun anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  They could increase it a bit.  The daily and weekly rewards could be doubled.  It took me a while to hit 30 and then to get enough gear to do CMs.  Everyone else hit 30 in a few days and were able to grind out the PxC early on.  I wasn't one of them.  I think I might have 4 or 5 blueprints so far.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#24]
waiting for the battlefield announcement this year...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#25]
This just made me interested all over again I am going to play like this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#26]
220 recommended GS for the next Incursion coming soon... LMAO!!!

Guess I won't be trying that one!!! Lame

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJQGlCLRZLM

So, who's up for FL CM?
View Quote

Anyone done this successfully yet?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, who's up for FL CM?

Haven't tried it yet.  Looks like it could work.  I'd like to give it a try.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Slapped some grievers on the epeen.  It's not easy, being cheesy.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I need to roll with some of you guys in the DZ.  I've never been great at PVP and it's even worse being solo.  I think it could be fun in a group.  At least knowing you have help to extract would be a big plus.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I need some PS4 guys to run the incursion with me or something, I need more Sentry's Call gear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I need some PS4 guys to run the incursion with me or something, I need more Sentry's Call gear.
View Quote

I'm down, I have yet to beat it.  When you gonna be on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I need to roll with some of you guys in the DZ.  I've never been great at PVP and it's even worse being solo.  I think it could be fun in a group.  At least knowing you have help to extract would be a big plus.
View Quote

Give us a shout when you're on...i'm always up for some DZ fun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
I hope you are seriously joking. Or that 220 gs recommendation is for the challenge mode.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hope you are seriously joking. Or that 220 gs recommendation is for the challenge mode.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's what they have said in the past about the next Incursion.  I think that will change or it will be CM only.  Or, hopefully, they are buffing loot drops so much that 220 will be readily obtainable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, who's up for FL CM?

I'm game to try it on HM first to get a feel for it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#37]
This guy has a good YouTube channel, and his current set of videos where he breaks down a specific thing in the game are really informative and helpful. Here is his most recent:

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, scroll up to the new incursion (not yet active but shows where it will be) at the top left of the map.  It says it right in the description.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:04:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, choose your group wisely.  

There's those of us who have fun killing NPCs and extracting gear.

Then there's of us (*cough*jinx*cough*) who like to go looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:07:59 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
So are your gold gear low score?  Seems like you should be way higher than 156.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#41]
GOOD, except for the continuation of rewarding the higher tiers with high level rewards when they already have all the high level shit to begin with.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

His secondary and handgun have no gear score.  Keeps him below the 160 DZ limit.  Basically makes him a man among boys.  Or a douchebag...depending on your point of view.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
His secondary and handgun have no gear score.  Keeps him below the 160 DZ limit.  Basically makes him a man among boys.  Or a douchebag...depending on your point of view.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know a few people who are DZ rank 90+, 250k DPS/90K HP types, who do this so they can drop into the lower DZ. To do it correctly you have to do two things: 1) don a gray level 1 sidearm and one other gear piece, and 2) move all your other high(er) level items from your stash to an alt. While I've never done this, I hear it is becoming quite an issue in the sub 160 DZ with effectively super high level/geared players just raping fresh level 30s. To remedy it, what DZ you get placed in could either be based solely on your DZ rank, or DZ rank + gear score. But this could be problematic because it further stratifies players and means many who are friends wouldn't be able to group together. A better option, IMO, as I've stated before is what this game really needs is a simple solution to all the unwanted PvP/griefing in the DZ - a PvP toggle. Unfortunately, that would probably end almost all PvP in the DZ since probably >90% of players aren't there for PvP. But then if they aren't there for PvP, what is the purpose of the DZ? A game-design questions the Devs probably don't want to broach because it shows their concept for the game and the DZ is an abject misread about what gamers want.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It all depends on how I act  I could be a total douche and gank people, or just run around and kill the other people that are on manhunts that dropped their scores also.  By far the fastest way to lvl up is killing guys on manhunt.  It's kind of fun to grief the grievers.

With great power comes great responsibility. Or something like that
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should've seen me last night.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the guys on here that are on are pretty decent, but the other half are dicks, but none are good.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Most of the guys on here that are on are pretty decent, but the other half are dicks, but none are good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must be a console thing. I only ever see like 5-6 Arfcommers ever online on the PC version, and all are decent fellows and good players.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Another talent mystery solved.... Predatory: It heals you based on a % of the target's health, not your health. So if you're in the middle of a battle and need a big HP boost, aim for the large HP enemies like the tanks and LMG users.

Eta: I haven't played The Division in weeks yet I find it addicting to check Reddit for game updates lol
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Another talent mystery solved.... Predatory: It heals you based on a % of the target's health, not your health. So if you're in the middle of a battle and need a big HP boost, aim for the large HP enemies like the tanks and LMG users.

Eta: I haven't played The Division in weeks yet I find it addicting to check Reddit for game updates lol
View Quote

Same here, That and this thread.
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top