Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 89
Posted: 1/11/2016 8:57:47 PM EDT
The beta is apparently getting close from the rumors.  Are any of you interested in playing this on PC?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes and no. It looks interesting, but if it's anything like Ghost Recon:Future Soldier, with that awful cover system, then it is not for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Waiting to get some beta time on it.  I have it pre ordered for PC.  But if it shows any major issues, or I just don't like the game play I am canceling.  I've been following this for years now, with all the ups and downs, I just want to try it out at this point.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I pre-ordered on ps4, I'm still up in the air about it, we'll see how the beta plays.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Not very excited about it so far. Needs to be closer to old style Tom Clancy games to get me interested. Future Soldier and recent Rainbow Six games were bad.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes and no. It looks interesting, but if it's anything like Ghost Recon:Future Soldier, with that awful cover system, then it is not for me.
View Quote

I can't compare it to that because I never played it, but it played similar to the Gears of War cover system in my opinion.  It was a bit smoother than that though.

I had huge expectations for the game and keeping in mind that it was an alpha I enjoyed the hell out of it.  I was very skeptical, but I liked it enough that after the alpha I pre-ordered it.

As with anything if you have the opportunity to "try before you buy" you might as well.  Amazon will email you a beta code with a purchase.  They don't charge you until the game ships.  So I have heard of people "buying" the game for the code, then if you don't like the beta you can just cancel the order and be out no money.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as the servers dont suck a hairy meatball, this game will kick ass.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you get to choose which G to play?  B/c playing the G1 would suck balls.  If they have a MDMP module, that will be a pain in the ass too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
So what exactly is this game about?  I've read about it being the new DayZ but for me games like DayZ (survival genre) get boring real quick without a purpose to the game.  

The do what ever you want type games just do not have the longevity for me unlike games that are story and/or quest/mission driven to a conclusion.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what exactly is this game about?  I've read about it being the new DayZ but for me games like DayZ (survival genre) get boring real quick without a purpose to the game.  

The do what ever you want type games just do not have the longevity for me unlike games that are story and/or quest/mission driven to a conclusion.
View Quote

There is a story and there are side missions.  I would compare it more to the likes of a "GTA" type game where you can follow the story exclusively or just wander around and do random stuff.

I honestly haven't looked much into the story, except to know that there was some disease and now the world is "post apocalyptic."

Beta drops on Jan 28th and I can't wait to get some more time in the game.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
There's a pretty good write-up here:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/15/tom-clancy-the-division-preview/

Also, apparently the embargo has been lifted on early play impressions, so videos are popping up all over Youtube.

I'm not sure what to think of the stat-based combat. It's not what I envisioned, but I may still enjoy it. God knows I've played hundreds upon hundreds of RPGs, so it's not a departure from what I like there.  

I think I was just envisioning something more like Rainbow Six: Vegas with open-world multiplayer and missions.

I've got a beta key, so I'm definitely anticipating that weekend.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's a pretty good write-up here:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/15/tom-clancy-the-division-preview/

Also, apparently the embargo has been lifted on early play impressions, so videos are popping up all over Youtube.

I'm not sure what to think of the stat-based combat. It's not what I envisioned, but I may still enjoy it. God knows I've played hundreds upon hundreds of RPGs, so it's not a departure from what I like there.  
I think I was just envisioning something more like Rainbow Six: Vegas with open-world multiplayer and missions.

I've got a beta key, so I'm definitely anticipating that weekend.
View Quote

The videos arent from the Alpha so the NDA doesnt apply.  This weekend Ubisoft flew a bunch of YouTubers out to LA to play the game and film up to 3 hours of gameplay to post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
My son and I are interested.  But I'm not sure.  A lot would have to pull me away from BF4 on the 360.  I guess if they shut the 360 down, then I might try this.  Or just buy BF4 for the One.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My son and I are interested.  But I'm not sure.  A lot would have to pull me away from BF4 on the 360.  I guess if they shut the 360 down, then I might try this.  Or just buy BF4 for the One.
View Quote

This is much more RPG based than BF4
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got myself a new mouse for this game.  Well not just for the game as my old mouse decided it wanted to randomly double click when left clicking.  But with this game in mind none the less.

Really thinking about character build types in this game.  Tank, Healer, DPS, etc.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just got myself a new mouse for this game.  Well not just for the game as my old mouse decided it wanted to randomly double click when left clicking.  But with this game in mind none the less.

Really thinking about character build types in this game.  Tank, Healer, DPS, etc.
View Quote

The open world games channel on YouTube has like 4 new videos today from their time in LA previewing the beta that touch on the skills and such of this if you were interested.  They were granted lvl 20 to begin with to see some of the higher ranking class skills and perks
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The open world games channel on YouTube has like 4 new videos today from their time in LA previewing the beta that touch on the skills and such of this if you were interested.  They were granted lvl 20 to begin with to see some of the higher ranking class skills and perks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice... I usually don't' check YT until late evening.  I'll have to go take a look-see.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#17]
This interests me way more than Siege did.  I'll probably be getting this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's some info on it from IGN.

The division preview
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might be OK with that.  BF4 in conquest can be a lot slower, at times, than say Call of Duty.  Which is not really my thing.  My son love Blops III though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I stayed up late catching up on all those I could find that had a chance to play... Looks like they also had a game session in Sweden as well as LA.

Seeing that they only got to play the Xbone version at 30fps; which there was one complaint when many players are one the one screen and explosions.  Really looking forward to seeing this on PC.  The main thing I noticed was how friggin clunky the character movements looked.  And I hope they put some kind of cooldown on that rolling move.  I could see that getting overused in PVP.

The skills are pretty interesting and being able to change them on the fly should make for some heavy combos.  Something like a stun effect followed up by a fire weapon for some major DPS.  The 12x scope blur effect was annoying as hell.  I imagine its a balance thing, less quick scoping and all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I watched a few Youtube videos of recent game play.  It looks like fun, but it also looks very clunky.  Granted, we're still a couple months away from the full game, but still.

I'm interested to try it on PC, but I signed up for an XBox beta code.
View Quote

6.5 weeks
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Regardless of an RPG , I hate using a fucking mag to kill an enemy. Not looking forward to that...
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Regardless of an RPG , I hate using a fucking mag to kill an enemy. Not looking forward to that...
View Quote

Only bosses are the bullet sponges.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:16:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#27]
AGENTORIGINS

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/agent-origins/

Gives you a code for Agent gear kits.

ETA - Also if you have Amazon Prime there is a full 30 minute live action video instead of watching it in the 4 parts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
AGENTORIGINS

ETA - Also if you have Amazon Prime there is a full 30 minute live action video instead of watching it in the 4 parts.
View Quote

After watching a lot of vids on YouTube, it seems like the only micro transactions are for clothing.  So the way they are putting out these types of things is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

After watching a lot of vids on YouTube, it seems like the only micro transactions are for clothing.  So the way they are putting out these types of things is pretty cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AGENTORIGINS

As much as I dislike micro transactions, I'm ok with them being for aesthetic items that have no effect on gameplay.

I'm pumped as hell for next week to get that beta running
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AGENTORIGINS

It's the little things for sure.  Considering you can find "clothing" both by picking it up or by helping NPC's.  Or you can just Microtransaction for the stuff you want. It's all worn over actual "armor" items that change character stats.  I'm really glad they didn't include stat changing gear.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if you can buy some type of bonus XP item at some point.  But even that doesn't bother me much.  I'm not one of those race to end game types anyway.

And as for them giving out these "kits", we all know you'll be out of the starter kits before level 8.  It's a nice way to start out though.  A nice pack that holds a couple extra bag slots doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.  Not saying you won't get lucky and find a better one within the first few loot drops either, lol.  But the option to mix and match for starting out is great.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As much as I dislike micro transactions, I'm ok with them being for aesthetic items that have no effect on gameplay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AGENTORIGINS

I'll be on Thurs if you want to join.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's the little things for sure.  Considering you can find "clothing" both by picking it up or by helping NPC's.  Or you can just Microtransaction for the stuff you want. It's all worn over actual "armor" items that change character stats.  I'm really glad they didn't include stat changing gear.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if you can buy some type of bonus XP item at some point.  But even that doesn't bother me much.  I'm not one of those race to end game types anyway.

And as for them giving out these "kits", we all know you'll be out of the starter kits before level 8.  It's a nice way to start out though.  A nice pack that holds a couple extra bag slots doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.  Not saying you won't get lucky and find a better one within the first few loot drops either, lol.  But the option to mix and match for starting out is great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AGENTORIGINS

You nailed my sentiment exactly.  What platform are you playing on?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AGENTORIGINS

This.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm real iffy, I signed up for the beta but the cover system of being able to see without being seen is crap. Also I read yesterday that it's not all of Manhattan any more just 13 blocks of Manhattan.  The developers need to learn to shut their mouths about games until they know what they can actually do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm real iffy, I signed up for the beta but the cover system of being able to see without being seen is crap. Also I read yesterday that it's not all of Manhattan any more just 13 blocks of Manhattan.  The developers need to learn to shut their mouths about games until they know what they can actually do.
View Quote

Did you play the alpha?  Its more than enough space for a normal amount of gameplay from start to finish.  Theyve stated multiple times they want this to be a 10 year platform.  DLC will most likely play a large roll in map additions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone preorder on PS4 get a beta code? I preordered the gold edition but I haven't got an email with a beta code yet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

If this were a tactical shooter, I'd agree. It's a stat-driven RPG with guns, however. I really don't think it's going to be as critical as it would be in games like R6: Vegas was.

(To be fair, I haven't played yet, but that's my take on it given what we know.)

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Anyone preorder on PS4 get a beta code? I preordered the gold edition but I haven't got an email with a beta code yet.
View Quote

Got mine within minutes of placing the preorder. Did you order from Amazon?

You might make sure it's not in a spam folder.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AGENTORIGINS

PC
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered mine on the PS Store. Digital copy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were they advertising a beta code with purchase through PS store?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was going to be my question. I know Amazon is running that as a special - no idea about other sources.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I am reading online the beta will appear as available to download on the PS4 approx. 3 days before.

And yes on the PSN store page for The Division it said preorder now for guaranteed beta access.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

From what I am reading online the beta will appear as available to download on the PS4 approx. 3 days before.

And yes on the PSN store page for The Division it said preorder now for guaranteed beta access.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would just keep an eye on the email you have linked to your PSN account then.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm encouraged by the bits we've seen so far.

Was really worried this was going to turn in to "promise the world, deliver a small fraction" which has plagued Ubi games in the past.

Looking forward to the Beta.  I think I have a code - somewhere.  Was invited to the Alpha but was very busy those few days and missed my chance.

As for the "third person" = cheating thing...  No.  3PS > FPS.  If you don't like it don't play the game.  Or any of the Ghost Recon games.  Or a bunch more of the tactical shooters in the Tom Clancy library.

It's not cheating if it is a game mechanic available to everyone as intended and built in to the game.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm encouraged by the bits we've seen so far.

Was really worried this was going to turn in to "promise the world, deliver a small fraction" which has plagued Ubi games in the past.

Looking forward to the Beta.  I think I have a code - somewhere.  Was invited to the Alpha but was very busy those few days and missed my chance.
View Quote

Dont forget to add me so we can group up with some other Xboner afrcommers!
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Dont forget to add me so we can group up with some other Xboner afrcommers!
View Quote

I've added many folks from here and to be honest, I have no idea who is who unless their SN matches what is on ARFCOM.  

For all I know I could be at loggerheads with someone on here and be constant companions on XB Live.  

<- Tank3d - feel free to add me if we aren't friends already. (That goes for all the XBOne folks in this thread)

I have a couple guys who I started playing Planetside and original America's Army with - and this sort of game looks to be right up our alley.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#48]
For you PC guys out there check your email.

I was randomly selected to get a beta key from NVIDIA. It redeemed successfully on UPLAY.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From The Division's website:
I pre-ordered Tom Clancy’s The Division! Where do I locate my beta code?

Depending on the retailer, your code could be printed on the retail receipt, provided to you on a printed card, or sent to you via email. If you did not receive or cannot locate your beta code, please contact your retailer. Pre-purchases made via Xbox Store, PlayStation®Store, or Steam will not require a code. In these cases, access to the beta is automatically granted!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top