Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:11:20 PM EDT
This game is a blast!  A run and gun shooter.  Simple fun really.  I think its well worth the $60.  

Why so much butthurt from other players?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This game is a blast!  A run and gun shooter.  Simple fun really.  I think its well worth the $60.  

View Quote

Not sure if serious or just joking.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
doesn't the new one have much fewer player per game than the original?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Sitting here watching my 9 year old play it.The graphics are outstanding, but the fact that 2 people can't play online together on splitscreen kills it for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Graphics are awesome and on ps2 it was 6vs 6 players now its 20 vs 20 so its a little bit bigger.

But alot of people are bitching about it instead of just playing the game for what it is.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I love it on ps4,I love fighter squadron the most. I think in time I will like other modes as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Graphics are awesome and on ps2 it was 6vs 6 players now its 20 vs 20 so its a little bit bigger.

But alot of people are bitching about it instead of just playing the game for what it is.
View Quote

That might have not been the case if the game was priced appropriately for what it is.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sitting here watching my 9 year old play it.The graphics are outstanding, but the fact that 2 people can't play online together on splitscreen kills it for me.
View Quote

While I understand your frustrations, split-screen gaming has been "out" for almost 10 years now.  I would not expect any modern game to feature it

My complaint is the lack of a single player campaign...  I could not possibly care less about playing online with a bunch of kids

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I simply found it boring.  More power to you if you enjoy it, I really wanted to.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Played the beta and was not impressed in the least.

If it played more like Battlefield I could get into it, but it's goofy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't understand why everything has to be multiplayer based.
I've wasted a lot of time on BFII playing galactic conquest just messing around.

I'll probably buy it used when it's a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't understand why everything has to be multiplayer based.
I've wasted a lot of time on BFII playing galactic conquest just messing around.

I'll probably buy it used when it's a lot cheaper.
View Quote

$$$

Online gameplay better lends itself to quick dlc for the game maker, and $$$ for them when they sell it to you.  Also due to the nature of online gaming, you tend to move on after some time to something else/or the next game in the series.  And if you feel like hanging on, too bad because the servers will be shut off.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#13]
They stripped out way too much from the previous game, and are charging at least twice what it's worth.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The game isn't worth it, mmkay?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I havent played the original so I'm coming in new to this. I have it for the ps4. I like it but I thought they would have more of a selection of weapons and gadgets like in bf4. They have more skins and costumes then anything else in the game.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you need any subscription service for it?

BF Hardline pissed me off with that non-sense
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My hate is more of an irrational hatred of all things EA and DICE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My hate is more of an irrational hatred of all things EA and DICE.

I hate all things EA and DICE too, but this game is bad even for them.

Quoted:
Quoted:

While I understand your frustrations, split-screen gaming has been "out" for almost 10 years now.  I would not expect any modern game to feature it

My complaint is the lack of a single player campaign...  I could not possibly care less about playing online with a bunch of kids

Split screen gaming was one of the few advantages of a console over a PC  

Quoted:
I simply found it boring.  More power to you if you enjoy it, I really wanted to.

I've played (and enjoyed) almost every sub-par Star Wars game (basically, all of them ), but this one just stinks.  It doesn't feel like "Star Wars" at all, so it's just a sub-par game.

Look at the Gamespot review:

Great sound, great graphics, shitty everything else.....7/10  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I REALLY want to like it, but I can't. It's freaking beautiful on PC, but after 2 days I'm pretty much bored of it already.  Back to BF4.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Double post
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Numerous people here nailed it.

The first two Battlefront games were often wide open battles, multiple classes of soldier types, tons of playable vehicles, was moddable and don't let me forget, space combat.

Graphics are one thing and alone do not make a game great. I would have rather they just took Battlefront 2 and reskinned it.

Never the less, people hate DICE\EA knickle a dime gaming model.

And as others have stated, not worth $60. No mods, no dedicated servers, no space combat...The list could go on and on.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]
It's a great game but not enough of it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I wasn't terribly impressed with the beta.  As most everyone and review says: Looks great, sounds great, plays great in terms of feel and performance.  Just feels shallow.

I really wanted that Darth Vader PS4, though, so I have it!

It's alright, kind of growing on me. It's fun to jump in a game, not terribly worried about load outs and strategy, and just blast rebel scum or stormtroopers for an hour or so.

Lots of things bug me about it though:
No Squads.  wtf.  Granted, I kind of like not listing to kids scream cuss words and racial slurs all night, but....man.  It just makes a team orientated game totally chaotic, and winning and losing is just like...a by-product of pewpewing for a while, ya know?

Wish you could pick spawn points.  I hate when you do finally get some players in synch, and are making a good push towards an objective, and get wacked, and spawn on the other side of the map...And the weird spawning behind enemy lines thing.  Nothing worse than when you do spawn all the way across the map, start running, and oh get shot in the back by that enemy that just spawned behind you.  :/

The vehicles are pretty crappy overall.  I'm getting the hang of air combat, but it ain't no old school X-Wing/TIE Fighter game...

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:49:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Numerous people here nailed it.

The first two Battlefront games were often wide open battles, multiple classes of soldier types, tons of playable vehicles, was moddable and don't let me forget, space combat.

Graphics are one thing and alone do not make a game great. I would have rather they just took Battlefront 2 and reskinned it.

Never the less, people hate DICE\EA knickle a dime gaming model.

And as others have stated, not worth $60. No mods, no dedicated servers, no space combat...The list could go on and on.

View Quote

Seems like another one of those games designed for the uber-casual mass buyers.  I was holding out some hope for it, but I'm glad I didn't waste my $$$.  Maybe the DLC will flesh it out enough, & then if they offer the whole game + DLC pkg in a bundle deal, I might give it another look.  Might...

I was hoping to get something for the holidays, but not sure what to look at now.  Is "Battlfield 4" any good?  Looks like I'll have to wait for the new "Doom" reboot to get my next new game fix.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#24]
1. Dice / EA made and published it.

2. Impeccable timing with the new Star Wars movie coming out.

I believe ANY game that is released with/around movie time is destined to be subpar.  They utilize the support for the movie to peddle their game that some wouldn't otherwise care for.  Nothing wrong with it, but I have been burned by Dice too many times.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you play the first two?  It isn't a bad game, I like it, it's fun. It just gets stale really fast. I'm sure as with all things EA/DICE it'll feel like a complete game once DLCs are out. To me, it's hard to swallow that the first two had way more content IMO. Gorgeous game, just... wish there was more to it at launch. I miss the capital ship boarding modes and the vehicle selection. There aren't classes, no rebel vehicles, lack of vehicle all around really. They would have hit it out of the park if they just made a battlefield game and skinned it with star wars stuff.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I haven't had the chance to sample it yet, but the reviews haven't been stellar, & what I've seen on YT is meh, IMO.  Unless the DLC packs flesh out EAFront, BF2 MP will live on via GameRanger.  Even then, I might only be interested in the whole pkg deal at 1/2 price.

Software for the SW franchise have been rather sub-par for about a decade.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Great Game

Haters are missing out on the Walker Mission death matches.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Battlefront one had 64 player matches..
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Am I misssing something on the game....I thought there would be a campaign to complete?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Deleted, thought I was on the FO4 browser window

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, read through the thread....I'm not missing anything, there is no campaign feature. What about these coming service packs? There are supposed to be 4 of them. Am I going to have to pay for those? I just laid out $60 for the game....I might have to pay more to get a complete game?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Okay, read through the thread....I'm not missing anything, there is no campaign feature. What about these coming service packs? There are supposed to be 4 of them. Am I going to have to pay for those? I just laid out $60 for the game....I might have to pay more to get a complete game?
View Quote

You will have to pay to get the rest of the DLC.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free DLC is launching tommorow.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I played the crap out of xwing vs tie and I played the crap it if the original Battle front. I'm already kinda bored with this after 2 days. Little chance of spending more money.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's EA.  The buy-in is the cover charge.  You still gotta pony up if you want the product.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It's EA.  The buy-in is the cover charge.  You still gotta pony up if you want the product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no EA fan, but they're hardly alone.  Companies that DON'T screw players over are now the exception instead of the rule.

My theory is this:  Game development cost has sky rocketed exponentially.  The most money I've ever paid for a video game was 70 bucks, for Street Fighter 2 on Genesis.  That was back in 1993.  Game developers probably realize that if the cost of games kept up with the times, they'd be in a world of hurt.  So they keep selling the games for 60 bucks, but they nickle and dime us to death (for the most part), to make up the costs.  Just my theory anyway.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess I'll see how it is come christmas, wife got me a bundle with starwars.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I watched a friend play the beta and it looked terrible.  Definitely a Redbox quality game.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm no EA fan, but they're hardly alone.  Companies that DON'T screw players over are now the exception instead of the rule.

My theory is this:  Game development cost has sky rocketed exponentially.  The most money I've ever paid for a video game was 70 bucks, for Street Fighter 2 on Genesis.  That was back in 1993.  Game developers probably realize that if the cost of games kept up with the times, they'd be in a world of hurt.  So they keep selling the games for 60 bucks, but they nickle and dime us to death (for the most part), to make up the costs.  Just my theory anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure your "theory" is common knowledge.  The problem is one of value perception.  As in, it doesn't seem like it delivers $60-worth of content.  "HALO 5" appears to offer a lot more for the same price.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Pretty sure your "theory" is common knowledge.  The problem is one of value perception.  As in, it doesn't seem like it delivers $60-worth of content.  "HALO 5" appears to offer a lot more for the same price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Halo 5 has a single player campaign...sort of....but it's pretty bad, too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#41]
HALO 5 is not Star Wars.

EA can charge $60 because Star Wars.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#42]
It's not just 60 dollars though. 60 dollars gets you half the game. If I don't want to wait 3 years I have to pay 120.00 dollars for the full game and then I have to reinstall origin on my computer, and origin is a giant piece of steaming crap full of russian hackers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:58:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I got it off Origin on Tuesday and am not really impressed with the gameplay, its just a Star Wars themed BF4 really... However the graphics are outstanding and its running at 100+ FPS most of the time (Intel i7 / Overclocked GTX 970)

Just wish the multiplayer was a little more... Different...

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I got it off Steam on Tuesday and am not really impressed with the gameplay, its just a Star Wars themed BF4 really... However the graphics are outstanding and its running at 100+ FPS most of the time (Intel i7 / Overclocked GTX 970)

View Quote
EA doesnt use Steam

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't really feel like I am missing out on anything.

Walkers and snow speeders are in SW:BF2 and it's been out for years. Oh, and you can drive the walkers in that game as well.

Quoted:
Great Game

Haters are missing out on the Walker Mission death matches.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
EA doesnt use Steam

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got it off Steam on Tuesday and am not really impressed with the gameplay, its just a Star Wars themed BF4 really... However the graphics are outstanding and its running at 100+ FPS most of the time (Intel i7 / Overclocked GTX 970)

EA doesnt use Steam

Origin... Sorry

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Too many problems with the game post release.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I preferred the first Battlefront with split screen coop. It was fun being able to play on a large scale battlefield against dozens of bots. I was really hoping thats what this new Battlefront would be like but it seems like it is more of a COD mod.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#50]
So why didn't they do the bots thing? Doesn't Titanfall use bots?

I played BF2 back when it was new and really liked it because it didn't feel like today's twitchy multiplayer shooters. A player of middling skill like me could still play the game and have fun... but the whole Battlefield concept of today means players like me get ground up and spat out, making us refuse to buy and play any new versions of the game. I want to play Battlefront... but I know I'll just get murdered constantly... and good natured as I am (), I won't play a game where all I do is suck and die for longer than a day and I certainly will not pay money for the privilege anymore.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top