Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone know how I can locate my companions?
I got to the BOS hovership and had to take on danse, sent piper to the castle.
but now I cant find her anywhere....any ideas? the other games had ways to locate them
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but now I cant find her anywhere....any ideas? the other games had ways to locate them
View Quote

There's not a way without a mod... very easy with a mod
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

PC?
http://fallout4.wiki/forums/general/1688-console-commands-for-finding-lost-companions
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

She went to Diamond City.  She'll be in Valentine's office or maybe Publick Occurrences.

I had the same issue.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

She went to Diamond City.  She'll be in Valentine's office or maybe Publick Occurrences.

I had the same issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the same issue.

It's also possible she could be at the mayor's office if the quest timelines are right.

I looked everywhere I thought she may be, then used the PC warp command and there she was!
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#6]
tonight's random "defend the settlement" mission that popped up while I was doing another settlement quest resulted in me getting to the co-op not seeing any hostiles and then eventually my settlers open fired on a brahmin
the brahmin wasn't hostile to me so I just watched, took them forever to kill it but when they did I found a synth component and institute pistol on the body

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had the same issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the same issue.

I checked public, will have to look in Nick's place.
Xbox 1
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had a strange thing happen with Piper too.  I sent her to Starlight Drive In, my main hub where I store all my power armor.  She stayed there for a couple days, then randomly walked off in west/ southwest direction.  Found her later at Sunshine Coop.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Had a strange thing happen with Piper too.  I sent her to Starlight Drive In, my main hub where I store all my power armor.  She stayed there for a couple days, then randomly walked off in west/ southwest direction.  Found her later at Sunshine Coop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found her at nicks place. automaticly started me on the next part of his quest, must have snapped her over for that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#10]
It appears that my fallout 4 on Xbox is totally bugged.  At level 240 my settlers could not be assigned to do anything. I couldn't make them work crops,stores, or defense. They could not be assigned at all. I deleted mods and started over with a new character. Now I can't even assign Preston and crew to do anything.  The game has been shut down, restarted, uninstalled, and reinstalled both with and without mods. All save data has been deleted too.  It appears that I will have to join reality again.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It appears that my fallout 4 on Xbox is totally bugged.  At level 240 my settlers could not be assigned to do anything. I couldn't make them work crops,stores, or defense. They could not be assigned at all. I deleted mods and started over with a new character. Now I can't even assign Preston and crew to do anything.  The game has been shut down, restarted, uninstalled, and reinstalled both with and without mods. All save data has been deleted too.  It appears that I will have to join reality again.
View Quote

LEVEL 240!!!
I'm like a level 70 and walk the wasteland with ease taking out anything that bothers me.  Is there a ceiling to levels?  
Your perk chart must be full.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]
240 is not quite a full perk chart. And yes, it's almost god mode. I didn't bother with armor. The only time I bothered with power armor was to hunt legendary crap in the glowing sea.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
240 is not quite a full perk chart. And yes, it's almost god mode. I didn't bother with armor. The only time I bothered with power armor was to hunt legendary crap in the glowing sea.
View Quote

I jut hit level 75 and finished the main quest.  Blew up the institute for the Brotherhood of Steel.  I have about 10 fully loaded power armor suits.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm liking Far Harbor so far.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Any one have any issues with the Far Harbor quest The Great Hunt?  
My screen goes black after I board the boat and head for Red Death Island.  Reloaded and restarted the quest several times with the same effect.  I can hear my character moving around and hear the ambient game sounds but the screen stays black.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the same thing happen to me.  Had to look up the fix.

You'll need to swim to the island (follow the marker).  When you get there, and the Harbormaster (I think that was her name) starts to talk, go into VATS.  This will lock onto her, clear up your screen, and you will be able to slay the fearsome beast.

Good luck...
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had the same thing happen to me.  Had to look up the fix.

You'll need to swim to the island (follow the marker).  When you get there, and the Harbormaster (I think that was her name) starts to talk, go into VATS.  This will lock onto her, clear up your screen, and you will be able to slay the fearsome beast.

Good luck...
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  I'm gonna give that a shot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Has there been any new DLC?  After I blew up the whats-it-called I haven't played much.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Has there been any new DLC?  After I blew up the whats-it-called I haven't played much.
View Quote

New DLC Nuka World dropping 8/30

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-take-a-tour-of-nuka-world/2016/08/18/179
https://youtu.be/DIneiOpuS2M

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I am enjoying playing with mods...

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#22]
the settlements are keeping my interest.

i would love some mods.

i switched form an 360 to a ps4. now they are both coming out with upgraded consoles.

i blame sony for this Mods debacle. i'm not understanding the bethesda hating on this subject.

was hoping for skyrim mods this fall also.

PC is looking more likely in my future.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Updated the prison

https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutsettlements/comments/4ym7o0/commonwealth_correctional_institution_at/
UPDATED: 08/22 PHASE TWO CONSTRUCTION - I added a level all the way around the perimeter and added an additional section to separate the secure side from the admin side of things, added the water purifiers, added the large blue building at the bottom left is the market place, and I added a 2 story guard structure in the center with catwalks. I also added a tower with my apartment at the top. First view in the gallery below is from the roof of that apartment.

I have over 22 years working in a State Prison system and thought I would build a prison in the Wasteland. The premise being that the Minutemen needed a place to put those ‘enemy combatants’ that weren’t killed on the battlefield. Starlight Drive In was the logical place, although Spectacle Island would have been another good location and I may try for one over there with the lessons learned from this.

This was done on Xbox One with some mods for specific items, like the institute light floors from the SOE mod and the industrial buildings from Snap'n Build, and of course ElvenBlossom’s Items mod.

I spawned in some BOS soldiers to be prisoners, thinking that they could have went rogue and killed a settlement thinking they were synths. Worked great until I tossed in a few gunners and then all hell broke loose. So my prisoners are now armed and remain armed because I am using Open Carry Settlers. So now the story is there was a revolt and a third party threw arms over the wall. Now I am negotiating until I get a shipment of Deathclaws in to eliminate the problem.

Please feel free to chime in with comments/suggestions/critiques…
Lengthy Video Tour of PHASE ONE CONSTRUCTION - https://youtu.be/5VnstMDTujch
Gallery of PHASE ONE & TWO - http://imgur.com/a/vvjdR
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:44:13 AM EDT
[#25]
JUST FYI - passing on info for those playing Nuka World with Mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/508e60/warning_if_you_have_a_ui_mod_like_keynuker/
Unless something has changed from the beta, UI mods such as keyNuker WILL cause your game to crash when you get within map distance of Nuka World. This goes for pretty much any other UI mod that hasn't been updated as well. It's not the fault of the mod authors or Bethesda, it's just a consequence of using mods that haven't had a chance to be updated. I'm on XB1 but I'm assuming it's an issue for PC as well.
I had this problem during the beta and it took many hours to figure out why I kept crashing, hopefully this saves some of you from the same headache. My advice is to play through with an unmodded character, that's what I did before trying a modded save and I never had any issues.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I just started the game. Had a glitch where I was glued to the vault elevator on exit

Typical Bethesda
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just started the game. Had a glitch where I was glued to the vault elevator on exit

Typical Bethesda
View Quote

LOL... well you are going to love the rest of the game
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Simple Tower at Abernathy Farm
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#29]
A boy's best friend is his mother.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:21:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone know a good mod for getting better versions of the prefab wood floors, walls, and ceilings. The default ones look like they were assembled by a 4 year old, actually a drunk 4 year old. The fucking boards are all nailed on crooked and shit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Anyone know a good mod for getting better versions of the prefab wood floors, walls, and ceilings. The default ones look like they were assembled by a 4 year old, actually a drunk 4 year old. The fucking boards are all nailed on crooked and shit.
View Quote

I'm sure theres others but I go with snap n build.  in addition to a handful of new structure types, it also includes better versions of wood/metal and i think concrete

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Settlement Objects Expansion Pack is what you seek.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Snap N build is the titties! I couldn't get the settlement expansion because it requires all the DLC's which I don't have or want.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Snap N build is the titties! I couldn't get the settlement expansion because it requires all the DLC's which I don't have or want.
View Quote

No DLC required for this version https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1031768
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#35]
http://kotaku.com/bethesda-says-sony-wont-allow-skyrim-or-fallout-4-mods-1786431292

bethesda's statement

" After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.

We will provide an update if and when this situation changes."
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Blew up the Institute - game got boring with very little missions
Killed Desdemona - game got boring with very little missions
Blew up BOS ship - game got boring with very little missions

Complete anyone of those missions and the game gets boring fast. I went back about level 60 and started from there again in case I missed something.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#37]
What do you think??
Conquest Mod Settlement

[youtube]http://youtu.be/e7oxI3UPb44[/youtube]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Best weapon Mod yet

This adds the full line of AK-74's complete with animations

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19497/?

Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top