Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2015 4:16:56 PM EDT
Yeah, I know it's like a vanilla Magic: The Gathering. But as far as mobile games go, it's not strictly a pay-to-win scheme.

I've been hospitalized a lot in 2015 (40+ days). The first time, I played Game of War... Big mistake. Hearthstone has been much better to pass the time.

It's pretty sandboxy as far as good strategies go, meaning you can win with different decks, and I think the balance is pretty good.

Add me: hoosier 122

I'm on the Americas server
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've played since February or March.  It can be fun at times, but very frustrating, too.  Playing as or against a deck like Face Hunter is not fun.

I prefer Magic, but Hearthstone is more accessible.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've played since February or March.  It can be fun at times, but very frustrating, too.  Playing as or against a deck like Face Hunter is not fun.

I prefer Magic, but Hearthstone is more accessible.
View Quote
Yeah, I think the purpose of Hearthstone is to give Blizzard a presence on mobile platforms.

I don't have the discipline to do all the daily quests, but I do have the discipline to not spend real $$ on packs.

I don't really have a computer capable of running WoW right now. I haven't played in about four years, so Hearthstone kind of feeds that desire without fully committing to WoW.

Add me!
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they goofed with the number of expansions they released in a short period of time.

As a casual player who would constantly get packs where 5/5 cards where cards I already had (and I still had over 2/3rds of the cards to get), I was pretty upset when the first real card expansion came out.

And now there's another.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think they goofed with the number of expansions they released in a short period of time.

As a casual player who would constantly get packs where 5/5 cards where cards I already had (and I still had over 2/3rds of the cards to get), I was pretty upset when the first real card expansion came out.

And now there's another.

View Quote

Are you paying real $$ for the expansions? I know, for example, with the Naxxaramas add-on, you can get through each section by purchasing wings for 700 gold. So effectively, you could get through the whole expansion without paying any real $$.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you paying real $$ for the expansions? I know, for example, with the Naxxaramas add-on, you can get through each section by purchasing wings for 700 gold. So effectively, you could get through the whole expansion without paying any real $$.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now there's another.

Naxx and Blackrock Mountain aren't expansions, they're single player adventures where a small number of cards (30 and 31 respectively) are guaranteed to be unlocked as you progress through them.  Goblins vs Gnomes and The Grand Tournament are the card pack expansions that feature 120+ new cards each.  Those can't be bought as a complete set, but they can be bought in card pack bundles in the in-game store for either gold or real money.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been playing since beta.  I get on every few days, knock out some missions, play the Brawl to see what's up and then log out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top