Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2015 8:54:02 PM EDT
Who's getting this game?  I'm glad Fallout 4 comes out in Nov to tide me over, but I cannot wait til this game comes out!
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Gonna wait and see.

Have high hopes.

But after getting amped for Phantom Pain I gotta say that this whole generation of consoles and the games released for them has left me less than impressed.

Too much hype.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Will try out the beta first.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gonna wait and see.

Have high hopes.

But after getting amped for Phantom Pain I gotta say that this whole generation of consoles and the games released for them has left me less than impressed.

Too much hype.
View Quote

Is MGS not good?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got my code as well.  I have high hopes for this game.  From what Ive read from people who have played the game (alpha/beta), the biggest issue so far has been damage and health discrepancies. Thats a simple tweek.  Hopefully nothing else major rears its head.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is MGS not good?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna wait and see.

Have high hopes.

Too much hype.

Is MGS not good?

Not bad but over hyped.

And Ubisoft has a worse reputation than Konami/Kojima.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not bad but over hyped.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna wait and see.

Have high hopes.

Too much hype.

Is MGS not good?

Not bad but over hyped.

I hadnt even heard about this game until now.  What are your impressions?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:49:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty excited for the game. Looks sweet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#8]
This game is going to be a big bucket of tom fuckery served with a side of disappointment.

Stike 1- uplay game fuck uplay ( currently have a suspended account because i entered the same password i used to log in on pc to sign up for rainbow six beta)

Strike 2 - open world rpg with 100 of players on one instance i cant even get an 8 player tom clancy game to funtion properly on ubisofts network.

Strike 3 - ubisoft always fucks it up just wait.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not bad but over hyped.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna wait and see.

Have high hopes.

Too much hype.

Is MGS not good?

Not bad but over hyped.

Over hyped? I wound't say that. Its everythng I expected when I played Ground Zeros. I believe MGS is Game of the Year material.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This game is going to be a big bucket of tom fuckery served with a side of disappointment.

Stike 1- uplay game fuck uplay ( currently have a suspended account because i entered the same password i used to log in on pc to sign up for rainbow six beta)

Strike 2 - open world rpg with 100 of players on one instance i cant even get an 8 player tom clancy game to funtion properly on ubisofts network.

View Quote

Someone drank a cup of hate this morning

ETA: I'm excited for it. Honestly, when ubisoft gets it right, they get it right.  When they don't...well you know. I do agree on the one aspect of UPlay though, not sure what their obsession with them is. I think it was one of the major downers of the last ghost recon
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is this the game with the YouTube video of players raiding a nyc area police station?
View Quote

Yes sir.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ETA: I'm excited for it. Honestly, when ubisoft gets it right, they get it right.  When they don't...well you know. I do agree on the one aspect of UPlay though, not sure what their obsession with them is. I think it was one of the major downers of the last ghost recon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats Uplay?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Whats Uplay?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats Uplay?

Uplay is Ubisofts social hub/store.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's been delayed and pushed back several times now.  I have high hopes that they're taking the time to make it right, because it looks good and it looks like it's a lot of fun.

I want to play this on PC, but I hate UPlay and everything it stands for, so I'll probably be on console.  It'll probably be a dumbed down port on PC anyways.
View Quote

I read nothing was ported.  But Im a console monkey anyways so no matter.  I too have high hopes that the reasons for delay were to make sure things worked correctly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I had real high hopes, but they are dwindling.  Probably won't be worth a damn until 3 patches into it.  IF they even figure out what genre they are shooting for.  Other than the rpg gameplay.  No FPS, no real survival aspect, XP farming and dark zone pvp.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I am excited for this game but I imagine I will be let down.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been following the game for a while, have my pre order in.  Once the beta is done I think we will have a better Idea of what is to come.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Over hyped? I wound't say that. Its everythng I expected when I played Ground Zeros. I believe MGS is Game of the Year material.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna wait and see.

Have high hopes.

Too much hype.

Is MGS not good?

Not bad but over hyped.

i just got to Chapter 2.

if chapter 2 doesnt add much to the experience then I am going to stick to my opinion that PP was over hyped.

still a good game but it largely doesnt scratch the itch in a way quite like I was hoping it would.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been following the game for a while, have my pre order in.  Once the beta is done I think we will have a better Idea of what is to come.
View Quote

Yup.  Got my beta code, hopefully that will let us know how good the game will be.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

i just got to Chapter 2.

if chapter 2 doesnt add much to the experience then I am going to stick to my opinion that PP was over hyped.

still a good game but it largely doesnt scratch the itch in a way quite like I was hoping it would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna wait and see.

Have high hopes.

Too much hype.

Is MGS not good?

Not bad but over hyped.

i just got to Chapter 2.

I bought this game thanks to you.  Its been pretty good so far, and will tide me over til fallout 4
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I was at BestBuy today and saw a new trailer/preview of Fallout4.

Holy shit.

Guess I know what I am buying next.   Had Forza6 in my hand but figured "meh" i can wait 6 months or a year for it to fall in price.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Holy shit.

Guess I know what I am buying next.   Had Forza6 in my hand but figured "meh" i can wait 6 months or a year for it to fall in price.
View Quote

Its going to be game of the year.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#25]
There have been several disappoints already with the division. Tablet integration that was showed off was nixed. FPS lock for PC. Not sure I like the multi-player mechanics of "going rogue".
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There have been several disappoints already with the division. Tablet integration that was showed off was nixed. FPS lock for PC. Not sure I like the multi-player mechanics of "going rogue".
View Quote

5th player tablet integration was chincey anyways, just fluff.  Theyve got 6 months to polish it up, 3 of those with live beta testing to get rid of any potential bugs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.

I think so too.   They will beat the shit out of Phantom Pain is my guess.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.

PP will hold me over until then, and its not a horrible game.  FO4 will hold me over until TD, and I have high hopes for it.  I hope Im not disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#29]
MGS 5 and Fifa 16 will be the games I play until this comes out.  Fallout 4 looks like a copy of fallout 3 with no improvements.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 3:03:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know when the beta comes out? I'm probably going to buy the gold version of the game this weekend for the PC. Looks like the SE is already sold out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when the beta comes out? I'm probably going to buy the gold version of the game this weekend for the PC. Looks like the SE is already sold out.
View Quote

Xbone beta is Dec.  PC and PS will be Jan/Feb time frame.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Last game I was overly hyped up for and then sorely disappointed was Watch Dogs.

I'm making my way through PP now, but have quickly learned there isn't really any need for stealth.  You can rush in, when an enemy spots you and time slows down, pop em in the face and continue on your way.

I started out amp'd for The Division but after Watch Dogs and Phantom Pain, I'm going to temper my expectations and wait a week or so to read the reviews of folks actually playing it instead of getting the day one release this time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is annoying.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is annoying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is annoying.

Not if you have an Xbox.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative PC is getting it end of this month :)

Already got the email

if you have team speak be sure to get on

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Already got the email

September?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already got the email

September?

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not if you have an Xbox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is annoying.

Not if you have an Xbox.

I have an xbox one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why the fuck are they locking the FPS?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
MGS 5 and Fifa 16 will be the games I play until this comes out.  Fallout 4 looks like a copy of fallout 3 with no improvements.
View Quote

Ummm ok. Guess you haven't actually seen or read anything about Fallout 4. The FPS combat is supposed to be vastly improved. Your protagonist is fully voiced. Crafting and customization is massive. Amor is now layered. There's home and settlement building on s very large scale. There's tablet and smartphone integration of you like that sort of thing.

But yeah. No different and no improvements from Fallout 3.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I am very interested.  Doing my best to not get my hopes up and forget about it until it comes out.

IF it lives up - it looks to be right in my wheelhouse for games I and my group like to play.

Most particularly - the persistent world and game events affecting it.  Sort of what Destiny was thought to be.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're locking it to FPS only for PC?

I had actually considered building a gaming PC for this game.  But no 3PS not interested.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I had actually considered building a gaming PC for this game.  But no 3PS not interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only is it a FPS lock, it's at 30 FPS.

I mis-spoke earlier. It doesn't say that the PC version will be FPS locked, but it doesn't say that there won't be a FPS lock either. Regardless, I don't have much faith in Ubisoft after Assassin's Creed: Unity, Watch Dogs, and Far Cry 4. Definitely not pre-ordering or buying on launch The Division.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I mis-spoke earlier. It doesn't say that the PC version will be FPS locked, but it doesn't say that there won't be a FPS lock either. Regardless, I don't have much faith in Ubisoft after Assassin's Creed: Unity, Watch Dogs, and Far Cry 4. Definitely not pre-ordering or buying on launch The Division.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This better be where they redeem themselves.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#46]

This has been active for about a month.  I signed up for waitlist before I got my guaranteed spot from preorder code.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This has been active for about a month.  I signed up for waitlist before I got my guaranteed spot from preorder code.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ah, well I just got a guaranteed code from an older purchase and it asked if I had any friends emails to add them to the wait list.  Figured since they were just getting around to sending codes it had just went live.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ah, well I just got a guaranteed code from an older purchase and it asked if I had any friends emails to add them to the wait list.  Figured since they were just getting around to sending codes it had just went live.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Appreciate you posting.  I have had a beta code for some time now but had forgotten about it until your post reminded me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:35:27 AM EDT
[#49]
When I try to pre-order the game from Ubisoft it just sits there in load. I'm trying to buy it for the PC. It won't let me buy any of the formats. Standard, Gold or Collectors. Anyone else having this problem?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Appreciate you posting.  I have had a beta code for some time now but had forgotten about it until your post reminded me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean a beta preorder code?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top