Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It is nice to see more single player missions and story, as well as increased level cap, new gear and areas.

The only thing I'm kind of disappointed in is their switch to this new "second tier" system... why bother making tier 2 desh and crystals? It just over-complicates an already complicated upgrade system. I'm also not too keen on their level push-down. I was doing pretty good getting regular blue gear, salvaging it and collecting crystals to upgrade my stuff... now I get predominantly green and white drops which means it is going to take twice as long to gather materials. Plus with their stupid changes to sector battle plans they've more or less priced me out of the reward tiers, so getting that impossible to find electrium just got even more impossible-er.

This game really knows how to give with one hand and take with the other.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. There's been a lot of wailing and teeth gnashing on the Kabam forums. Some of it justified.

It's a little weird feeling like I'm almost back to square one. Picked up a 4 star pair of bounty hunter dungarees. Maxed out, they're only 45 pr below maxed 6 star guerilla trousers.

Got my butt kicked on the level 42 story mission, even though I'm about 800 pr beyond the T4 threshold. I may just spend some time leveling up before tackling the story missions.

Between upgrading crew and some equipment for blueprints, I'm starting to feel the credit crunch.

This game is rapidly progressing beyond casual participation.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This game is rapidly progressing beyond casual participation.
View Quote

The game has been there for weeks for me.

Even with the new single player content I find my will to play it waning. The lion's share of the blame is on their nerfing of the levels and loot, and their decision to go to this goofy "tier 2" system. I feel like I've been more or less set back to square one and that the steamer trunk full of crystals and desh I've amassed is more or less worthless now, having been replaced by new fancy orange background crap.

I really don't feel like grinding and grinding all over again just for them to do this again three months from now with new "Tier 3" shit.

So in the coming days or weeks I'm probably out.

Again these are some of my big gripes about modern gaming... this isn't "content", it's filler.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup. I haven't decided if I'm even going to participate in the impending SB. I may just accumulate battle plans via crew and collect the milestone rewards.

Let the chips fall where they may.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Skipped the last SB. Didnt see much point, along with my weekend work schedule being less conducive.

With the new content being released, any requests to change the cartel focus? The pants I'm trying to upgrade don't use Bespin crystals, so I'm open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I did the SB and only managed to get recruit as usual. I just don't have the time (or desire) to run the same missions over and over again. I can do 5 assault missions and one daily mission, but doing more than that gets boring fast... even moreso when the electrium I desperately need to upgrade my stuff is unobtainium. Which is why I've started the transition from guerrilla gear to bounty hunter gear and I'm trying to get all the tier 2 upgrade components I can get for those. I'm like 150 points away from the 3700 rewards tier and I just need more bounty hunter drops to accomplish it.

After you finish the Bespin story missions does it open up Bespin assault missions?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, it does open up Bespin assaults. And, I assume, a credit mission as well.

The maxed 4 star elemental bounty hunter pants actually give me higher pr than my 6 star guerilla on Mataou and Anoat due to the anti-toxin elemental bonus.

Elemental gear is where it's now at.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Same here, I have blue bounty hunter gloves and green pants that I'm trying to upgrade. Both gave me higher PR than my respective purple guerrilla gear. I have a bounty hunter shirt waiting for upgrade components and full set of Bespin guard gear, but it is kind of lame.

I just wish that the piles and piles of tier 1 desh I had laying around weren't nerfed against the tier 2 stuff. It really sucks having to farm tier 2 shit to upgrade your stuff when Bespin assault missions haven't unlocked yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I got tired if it pretty quickly and finally uninstalled.  Load times on my tablet were just not worth it.  That probably isn't so much a knock on the game as my tablet but when I was spending half as much time on the load screen as I was on combat...  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Turns out assault/credit/repeatable missions unlock after the level 47 mission is complete.

Thieded, I totally understand. This game can be very graphics intensive. Kicks the crap out of my phone's battery too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Just hit a wall.

After completing my fourth assault mission this morning, I came to the realization that I really didn't care if I played this game ever again.

That kinda sucks. This game had such promise.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just hit a wall.

After completing my fourth assault mission this morning, I came to the realization that I really didn't care if I played this game ever again.

View Quote

I feel the same after just a week.

Too monotonous. Y'all can kick or keep me. I'm just gonna login when I'm really bored.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm almost playing out of habit now more than desire... that and the lack of another good iPad game to play.

Did anyone else fill out their survey? I shat on them like Godzilla.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Too monotonous. Y'all can kick or keep me. I'm just gonna login when I'm really bored.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just hit a wall.

It's an especially casual cartel. With the number open slots remaining, there's no need to kick anyone.

You'll always have a home at ARFCOM.

Quoted:
I'm almost playing out of habit now more than desire... that and the lack of another good iPad game to play.

Did anyone else fill out their survey? I shat on them like Godzilla.

Haven't seen the survey.

As it's currently the only game I have installed, I'll be keeping it for now. In the mean time, I'm searching for a suitable replacement.

Maybe with some time away, I'll regain interest.

If anyone needs anything cartel related, post up here. I'll see it and get you situated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#15]
The survey is in the little popup window on the left (with a picture of an R2D2 robot).

I basically lowrated them on everything then blasted them in the comment box, decrying the changes, the artificially limited electrium, the pay-for-random-chance shit mechanic, the leaderboard "just try to win against paying people" item crap and other gripes I've had boiling. I think my final sentence was something along the lines of "this game embodies everything wrong with mobile pay to win meets free to pay gaming design".
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Found it. I hadn't opened the game since yesterday morning.

I crapped on them as well. Mostly blasted them over the reward to effort ratio being out of whack. Told them that their game now sucks.

Hope they listen and that I have something entertaining to return to when I'm ready to do so.

Just downloaded Freeblade. Hope I like it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The survey is in the little popup window on the left (with a picture of an R2D2 robot).

I basically lowrated them on everything then blasted them in the comment box, decrying the changes, the artificially limited electrium, the pay-for-random-chance shit mechanic, the leaderboard "just try to win against paying people" item crap and other gripes I've had boiling. I think my final sentence was something along the lines of "this game embodies everything wrong with mobile pay to win meets free to pay gaming design".
View Quote

But you don't have to wait on a timer for lives to play.

Is the only real plus I see for this game.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
But you don't have to wait on a timer for lives to play.

Is the only real plus I see for this game.
View Quote

The sad thing is, that is erroneous once you get so far in.

You have to wait on a timer for your assault missions, which are more or less the only reason to play the game when not on a sector battle. I have desh up to my eyebrows and due to running the same assault missions over and over and selling the level 4+ stuff I have money out the ass as well.

All free to pay games eventually boil down to the in game "money" being worthless and you wind up waiting and waiting for weeks of "play" to unlock a rarefied mcguffin to let you progress to the next tier of waiting and waiting... provided you don't pay real money for donuts, or clams, or warbucks or in this case chromium... which also in this game is a double fucking because simply having chromium doesn't allow you to "buy" rare or limited items. It simply gives you a chance to get them... which is pure fucking liquid ripoff in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Figures.

I take a couple days off, come back and run my five assaults. I get two 4 star elemental bounty hunter items. Gloves and shirt to go with the pants I've had since the level 42 story mission.

Now I have to decide if this is just a tease.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Jesus tap dancing christ are the level 45 assault missions a goddamned CHORE to play.

Those fucking purge troopers went from being an annoyance to being fucking mini-bosses with unbreakable attack chains, fucking tag team attack patterns and a frustratingly awful play experience. I can understand Kabam wanting to make the game "harder" as the levels go up, but this is quite a fucking jump up in frustration and difficulty... made even worse by the complete SHIT drop rates of these supposedly "hard" missions, resulting in me constantly playing the missions with underleveled equipment that feels completely ill suited to the fight at hand... even when I match element types.

This game has gone from being a fun distraction to being a frustrating JOB of a game that requires far too much tapping to play... tapping that is inherently inaccurate on a touch screen device. This game feels like they want me to be playing it with a controller, or something with much finer control sensitivity. It has become a regular occurrence for me to just yell out FUCK! when playing this game due to it not responding to my taps correctly as it gang-rapes me with multiple purge troopers launching area of effect attacks as I'm stuck in a corner thanks to the glitchy level design, shit controls and inadequate rewards system.

I think I'm going to give the game another week then bail. This is, quite truthfully, bullshit now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]
With my elemental boost, I was able to run a level 50 credit mission on BK. I had perhaps 50 pr more than the cutoff.

I made it perhaps halfway through. They've definitely upped the difficulty.

If you haven't already, start using Snipe. It makes all the difference allowing me to defeat Purge Troopers (along with copious amounts of running around). Even then, as you say, it has become tedious.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#22]
After much blathering I think I'm finally out.

I went to play the daily assault missions this morning and found myself just not caring anymore, and feeling like the game was a chore rather than fun. I've been here a million times before with a million other mobile games.

So I think it is time for me to pack up my things and move on to the next game.

(Nixon peace wave)

See ya, bitches!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Later bubba. Wish it had been better.

If you experience a momentary lack of reason and redownload the game, your slot in the cartel will still be there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Still plugging along.

Nothing new or particularly noteworthy to pass on.

Just reached the level 60 cap and I'm hitting Mataou. Hopefully a sb will trigger there and the new content is worth pining over. Commando gear and the last faction will finally be unlocked.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#25]
And they've totally jumped the shark.

Lightsabers and Force powers have been added to the game.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#26]
For the guys that are still active: feel free to recruit new cartel members and accept cartel requests.

I kicked a new member because I didn't realize how he got in.

Use cartel chat if you don't feel like posting here. I keep a regular eye out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Weekly bump for the determined few.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Gonna trim the cartel list. If anyone removed picks the game back up, shoot me an in game pm and I'll get you situated.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Bump.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top