Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/15/2015 11:49:41 AM EDT
RPG type game. Downloaded it yesterday. It's been entertaining enough thus far.

Has anyone set up an Arfcom cartel?

Edit: Just created an Arfcom cartel. (ARFCOM)

Not really sure how it works yet. Send a request, and I'll get you on board.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

RPG type game. Downloaded it yesterday. It's been entertaining enough thus far.

Has anyone set up an Arfcom cartel?

Edit: Just created an Arfcom cartel. (ARFCOM)

Not really sure how it works yet. Send a request, and I'll get you on board.

View Quote
Trying it out, seems like a decent game.

Sent a request to join the cartel.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Accepted.

Willkommen!
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked it up last night, it is interesting but kind of repetitive already.

I'll have to look for the ARF group.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It's nice in regards to the non-repetitive missions.

You can knock them out if you want, and pop back in for crew missions every now and then during the day. It's as time intensive as you want it to be.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It definitely is more fun than that shoddy Walking Dead cash grab of an app.

That thing is boring as hell and completely obsessed with pay to win premiums.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Dropping bodies.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone up for trying out co-op?

While I tend to prefer a solo game experience, co-op missions can boost your player rating. I have since determined that this is not the case. Apologies.

Be sure to check the chat window. There are icons across the top that allow you to toggle between cartel chat, pm and the free-for-all that usually spews across the bottom
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Just stated out, how do you join a cartel, is there a level minimum?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]
No minimum for ARFCOM. All are welcome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Sector battle kicking off in a little less than an hour and a half.

Rewards are supposed to be better with a community initiated attack, as opposed to an Empire counterattack such as the last sector battle that took place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I may join the ARF clan tonight when I get home.

I've been playing solo to see how the game is and I'm up to like level 30.

My big rave about the game is no bullshit energy meter... if you have available missions you can just keep playing and playing until you get bored. No "wait to play" crap that most FTP games use. Also the game does an excellent job of making you feel like you don't have to pay money unless you really want to. Heck I have not even been pestered to buy something yet... by this point in other FTP games I've played you have to swipe past a good six or seven begging screens.

My big complaint about the game is the inconsistency of loot. I know that at higher levels you should get better loot, but it seems like I mostly get scrub gear with the very occasional rare item. I'm also not an MMO player so I'm still trying to crawl through the teired gear system. I also wish there were shortcuts to stuff you can upgrade... it is a real PITA to sift through your menus randomly tapping on stuff to see if you can upgrade it or not. The bane of my existence is that little green check mark and the sparkly upgrade button. And the "tap and hold" to show plan requirements is also a little clunky.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll keep an eye out for you.

Took me a little trial and error along with perusing the game forums to figure some of that stuff out.

Must have been two weeks into the game before learning that you can press and hold on a lot of things to see more information.

My biggest gripe is the difficulty in finding decent equipment and materials to improve your player rating. I just recently was able to level up my weapon to 5 stars and max it out. I'm still about 500 pr points from reaching the third tier of rewards.

Oh well. Not like I have anything better right now to spend my time on.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got mostly blue and green gear, nearly all of it maxed out. My problem is finding the ingredients needed to upgrade to the next tier. My guy has a rating somewhere in the really low 1400's.

My blue heavy rifle and my blue smuggler shirt need something like two more purple level 4 crystals each... the only way I've been able to get those is by combining lower crystals to make bigger ones, and the purple crystals are rare as hell.

So look for Biff Nerfherder when I get home tonight!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I applied. Game name is upgrayedd withtwods
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Gotcha.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope to buy a new iPad at the end of the semester.  This is going to be a great game.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#17]
An iPad has been on my buy list for a while now. Black Friday at Target is looking really good right now.

I'm anxious to see this game on a bigger screen.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#18]
So what happens when you hit the level cap at 40, do you still contribute exp to the cartel?

And does anyone know where to farm yellow crystals that drops better than doing the readiness missions on Hoth? I need a shit ton of level 4 yellow crystals for all my smuggler gear and the only place I've found where the level 1 and 2 crystals drop with any frequency is Hoth.

This game certainly embraces the grind as you get further into it.

Edit: I'm playing on an iPad Air 2 and the game is pretty nice... you can definitely see the low res textures on some things clear as day though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what happens when you hit the level cap at 40, do you still contribute exp to the cartel?

And does anyone know where to farm yellow crystals that drops better than doing the readiness missions on Hoth? I need a shit ton of level 4 yellow crystals for all my smuggler gear and the only place I've found where the level 1 and 2 crystals drop with any frequency is Hoth.

This game certainly embraces the grind as you get further into it.

Edit: I'm playing on an iPad Air 2 and the game is pretty nice... you can definitely see the low res textures on some things clear as day though.
View Quote

Yes, every mission you run generates cartel xp.

Your best source for those crystals will be Hoth. However, there are daily opportunity missions and crystal finder crew missions that may get you what you need.

Another good source is salvaging multiples of equipment. I was sitting on one 5 star item for a long while when a couple good assault runs produced some 4 star weapons that yielded awesome crystals. Now I'm up to three 5 star pieces of equipment and only one 4 star crystal (one berubium, one chuna) away from having two more. I'd say I need at least one more 5 star item to reach the 2380-something threshold for tier 3 missions.

Perseverance is absolutely the name of the game.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#20]
The only purple item I have is my rifle, and it is about five levels from being maxed out. Everything else is blue, and maxed out awaiting level 4 yellow and orange crystals.

Also where do you get silver faction tokens? I only ever seem to get bronze.

Edit: I looked it up. You can only get silver tokens through high enough rank in leader boards. That blows...
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes. It does.

I only reached Associate with Trade Spine last night. I'm only at 6,000 and 7,000 with the other two factions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#22]
So how does the loot work in a co-op run? Do you divide the loot? Whoever picks it up, gets it? Same loot to both / all players?

Because it seems to me the only way to move past the level 5 gear is to team up and take down the higher ranking missions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So how does the loot work in a co-op run? Do you divide the loot? Whoever picks it up, gets it? Same loot to both / all players?

Because it seems to me the only way to move past the level 5 gear is to team up and take down the higher ranking missions.
View Quote

To be honest, I have no idea. I've run a few missions with Blitz. Didn't pay much attention to the payout. I'm out of assaults for the day (forgot that I was supposed to sit on them until later in the evening to be available for co-op).

I'm up for repeatables if you see me online and anyone is interested.

I think you can select higher tier missions once all the players have joined the party and their PR scores are combined.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be playing tonight around 9pm central when I'm home... trying to farm those yellow crystals.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm usually up until 2300-2400 EST.

I'll probably see you. Won't be able to help your crystal farming, but I can get you into some good desh payouts.

Now I'm curious how the payout is split, if at all.

I'll make sure I have at least a couple assault missions available tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Boy, the assault mission drops are about to have me pull out the little remaining hair I have.

Two of the five gave me nothing but desh. The three that did give me 4 star equipment drops only salvaged 4 star aurodium.

All I need is one 4 star chunah, and I'm up to my ass in aurodium.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like you have my yellow crystal problem. I've managed to pick up a few more but I still don't have enough to upgrade all my remaining smuggler gear. Hopefully I'll get enough money tonight to upgrade my pants, then focus on my gloves, goggles and backpack. I'm also trying to fill out the holes in my armory list so I can get more blueprints to upgrade my crew. I think I've hit a spot where my crew is too low of a level to be doing the missions I'm sending them on.

Also, it appears the player missions just got waaaay harder once I became level 40. I'm noticing a ton of knock-off boba fetts, wampa monsters, probe droids and all other manner of unique big bad in the assault and credits missions now. Heck last night I did a story mission and I had to spend like fifteen minutes fighting a boss by running around in circles waiting for him to turtle so I could shotgun him. Wash rinse repeat like a hundred times.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I've found that repeatables can be a decent source of cash.

Not from the missions themselves, but from selling 1 and 2 star desh when my component storage gets over filled. If I've been particularly successful, I'll sell off 3 star desh as well. To speed up the process, I skip smashing containers. The payout really isn't worth the time spent doing it. That seems to apply to all of the mission types.

As for the Wampas, I'm not a fan either. If there's a terrain feature to run around, I use it frequently. When I get caught up in that, the opening line of Eminem's 'Without Me' starts going through my head. lol

The laser troopers are not as bad if you keep moving. Liberal doses of grenades and the holdout blaster handle them fairly well.

The planet that gives me the most trouble is Anoat. I used to not even bother with the credit missions. Now that I've built up my equipment, it's a little more manageable.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I've changed up my tactics and I found a style that works for me and allows me to pretty much steam-roll every level.

I switched my abilities to be Roll, Stun, Shotgun, Overpower and Intimidate. Roll gives me the ability to get out of the way of boss and big bad attacks, plus I have it leveled up so it gives me a minor buff when I use it. Stun is immensely useful for getting the melee guys off of you for a second or two so you can then follow up and hit them with the shotgun. I find Shotgun far superior to the machine gun attack as it feels like it does way more damage in a greater area faster, plus it gives pushback like the stun ability which helps with melee guys again. Overpower is great as it buffs my normal attack power plus 30% and I would rather dish out more damage than have greater damage resistance. Finally the Intimidate super power is super useful for situations when I think I'm getting boxed in as it scatters enemies and gives me a second to move and get a better angle on them.

I walked the map this morning using those abilities and tactics doing credits missions and it was a breeze. I even managed to level up my pants, so now I'm somewhere in the 2K+ PR area, within 300 of the third tier missions. Still have to farm those piss crystals though as my smuggler goggles, gloves and backpack still need to be upgraded... but I keep getting lost in the weeds upgrading shit gear to fill out my armory and get blueprints.

Anyone know where the single player game ends? I'm doing the imperial warehouse missions now and it feels like I still have a long way to go, but it also feels like the game is building up to an "end" if that makes sense? Still have yet to unlock Bespin so that is still on the table.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Single player "pauses" when you complete the warehouse missions.

Further SP missions will unlock once Bespin is liberated. Whenever the developers decide to allow that to happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Cartel has reached level 20.

Gents, please welcome our cartel representative; Lootie.

The cartel's focus can be modified, so I'm just going to leave it where it is for the time being. Changes will be up for discussion as to which will benefit the greater number of members.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Too bad we are stuck in this bogus retaliation cycle...
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I just looked at the reward tier for this sector battle.

It totally fucking sucks.

I was able to reach Captain on two previous occasions where the threshhold was top 1k. 86,000+ vp earned me a top 700 spot the first time. 95,000+ earned top 900 the second.

Now you have to be in the top 100. That would require a stupid amount of effort. Even with my current player rating.

I have no idea what the devs were thinking.

Edit: I perused their forum and it's allegedly a fuck-up that will be corrected with the next sector battle. We shall see.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#34]
FYI: the daily cartel opportunity mission apparently counts against your 5 assault mission limit.

Keep that in mind when deciding whether or not to run the mission if you're farming crystals.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#35]
What do those missions offer? Anything unique gear wise or is it just more metal and generic crystal stuff? Ever since I got a few pieces of stormtrooper stuff I'm looking for ways to farm more of it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What do those missions offer? Anything unique gear wise or is it just more metal and generic crystal stuff? Ever since I got a few pieces of stormtrooper stuff I'm looking for ways to farm more of it.
View Quote

What?!

You have trooper gear?!

Shit!

After all of the runs I've conducted, I have yet to see one imperial opportunity.

The cartel opportunities are supposed to offer some additional goodies. I won't know personally until tomorrow earliest.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep I've got trooper pants and trooper helmet. Albeit the "cadet" purple versions, but if I started throwing money and desh at them they both eventually upgrade to stormtrooper then whatever is the next tier beyond stormtrooper (they start at purple and go to orange and whatever is beyond orange... gold?). I'm holding off putting any resources towards them until I find the helmet, shirt and gloves though. I also think they both will need those red imperial crystals to upgrade, that once again you only get on imperial missions.

I got the helmet via the platinum lucky dip and the pants through one of the imperial warehouse missions.

I'm too busy trying to max out my smuggler stuff to care much about them though... must be maximum pimp smuggler first! Mostly because thanks to all the attack speed and evasion buffs the smuggler stuff gives me I'm steamrolling shit using the set and don't want to switch horses mid race.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#38]
You lucky son of a gun.

I've built a couple of outfits using common class gear. You should put one together using your highest rated equipment with the additional gear set slots. See what it looks like.

Yes, gold is the highest. After orange.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#39]
The cartel runs aren't that bad. Double readiness points and a fairly decent drop rate on stuff. Too bad you can only do one per day.

Is there a way to farm money faster than the daily money missions? It is kind of annoying to finally get that last crystal drop then have to wait like four days saving up enough money to finally upgrade the item.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Leveling your player up to at least 2386 opens up tier 3 repeatables. It required five 5 star gear items for me to reach that point. That's where mix-and-match comes into play.

I've pulled a lot of 3 and 4 star desh from those runs. Fill up your component storage and start selling the 2  and 3 star desh. Find enough 4 star, you can sell that too.

That generates most of my income. Between that and a fairly concerted effort during the sector battle garnered me more than 300k. It's well over 100k to upgrade from 5 star to 6 star.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I wind up spending most of my low end desh upgrading shit gear to get blueprints to upgrade my shit crew. I'm also trying to max out some alternate weapons. I like my rifle but I figure if I can get a DL-44 blaster maxed out it's dodge and firing speed buffs will stack on my other smuggler stuff to offset the lower damage. I think my DPS will be superior with that loadout... but until I get there I won't know for sure. Plus the DL-44 will go to level 7 or 8 while my rifle is maxed out at 6.

Once I have the runnin' crew into greens and blues I can probably sell some of the low end desh and crystals. Then again farming desh is simple, just redo the repeatable desh missions ad nauseum.

I think my level is 2200 or thereabouts with four purples and two blues. I have enough crystals to upgrade one of my blues, just not the 48K in cash.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Use a little caution upgrading your crew. I'd suggest not going beyond 4 stars in the near term. The missions get harder the higher they go.

I have two 5 star crew and most missions offered are either 5 star+, dangerous, or both. Also the most rewarding missions can run 12 to 18 hours.

It's a bit of a bitch to have 1-5 of your best tied up for 18 hours just to get a failure message.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm nowhere near rocking that stuff, I have no real crews - screwed up the blueprinting so I don't have any upgraded crews.

Made it to lvl 24 in a couple days though!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#44]
You can create another character for the same profile if you feel like starting over.

Otherwise, checking out the forum can be helpful as you muddle through.

I went the 'muddle through' route for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Use a little caution upgrading your crew. I'd suggest not going beyond 4 stars in the near term. The missions get harder the higher they go.

I have two 5 star crew and most missions offered are either 5 star+, dangerous, or both. Also the most rewarding missions can run 12 to 18 hours.

It's a bit of a bitch to have 1-5 of your best tied up for 18 hours just to get a failure message.
View Quote

My crew is pretty diverse. I have like three or four blues, a bunch of greens and a few straggler whites... mostly because the stragglers need some exotic blueprint that I'm nowhere close to getting. I like the wookies though, no blueprints... just level them up and upgrade them like gear.

And I've already lost a bunch of scrubs on dangerous runs. I tend to avoid the dangerous runs unless I can get a guaranteed 100% on them. I also don't mind the long missions... I tend to treat my crew missions as "set it and forget it" stuff anyway.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#46]
It would have been more efficient to just retire them.

Have you been given any rescue missions to get them back?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#47]
By "lost" I mean KIA. I have never had a "missing" crew member yet. And to be honest the only one that I regretted was my tech salvager, but I got new green and blue level people with the same skill so I no longer need him now.

The hardest to find for me are crew with the imperial skill. I have two or three now but I kind of guard them like eggs and I only send them on non-dangerous missions. Funny enough two of them are wookies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Lootie!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Latest update re: Sector Battle ranking

Previous Sector Battle
Victory Points:
- Victory: 750,000,000
- Strong Victory: 1 Billion
- Overwhelming Victory: 1.25 Billion

Rankings:
- General increased from 1 to 1-5
- Commander decreased from 2-100 to 6-25
- Captain decreased from 101-1,000 to 26-100
- Lieutenant decreased from 1001-5,000 to 101-2,000
- Recruit increased from 5001-20,000 to 2,001-20,000

Prizes:
No Changes

Next Sector Battle
Victory Points:
No Changes

Rankings:
- General remains 1-5
- Commander increased from 6-25 to 6-100
- Captain increased from 26-100 to 101-3,000
- Lieutenant increased from 101-2,000 to 3,001-10,000
- Recruit decreased from 2,001-20,000 to 10,001-20,000

Prizes:
No Changes
View Quote

Captain rewards when achieving a standard victory are rather nice, and include five 4 star electrum crystals. These are required to level up 5 star equipment.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top