Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 10:44:29 AM EDT
As an old school halo fanboy; Halo CE, Halo 2, and some Halo 3...

What in the hell am I watching here:

I used to say I would never grow out of video games, but man they are doing their best to make me hate them. I'm also a die hard Gears of War 1 fanboy, and those game is nothing like it used to be either
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I love it lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I played the MP Beta, it looks to be the best halo of the bunch if and that is a big IF they fix the connection issues the beta had.  I can't say much for the story, I always thought the stories for Halo were to hard to follow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
There comes a point where over-the-topness gets stupid. For me, that trailer was REALLY fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
hold on...lemme as cortana....

oh shit windows 10 just crashed....

also... why are they all running like sissy girls.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The most exciting part for me was Nathan Fillion.

Trailer was a bit over the top.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z43ZMBVgKWg

I used to say I would never grow out of video games, but man they are doing their best to make me hate them. I'm also a die hard Gears of War 1 fanboy, and those game is nothing like it used to be either
View Quote

Um, its a cinematic intro.  I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
why is everyone saying its 'over the top'... Its Halo.. it is SCIENCE FICTION. It is supposed to be over the top.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought it looks awesome.

The video was a good demonstration of how their mjolnir armor is supposed to work and being a damn big advantage.

Unlike in the video game itself when you're playing, it's more like body armor than actual powered armor.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought the beta was trash.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z43ZMBVgKWg

View Quote

"Jumped the Shark" someone said in another thread.  I agree.

Quoted:
I love it lol
View Quote

You must have been born in the '90's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it looks awesome.

The video was a good demonstration of how their mjolnir armor is supposed to work and being a damn big advantage.

Unlike in the video game itself when you're playing, it's more like body armor than actual powered armor.

View Quote

But these aren't the Gen II Spartans with all the upgrades and implants. These are former ODSTs and volunteers in the Spartan IV program. They shouldn't be as awesome as the Master Chief, or else what is special about him? Is the implication now that the armor does everything for you, because that's a boring back story. Having them jump out and do crazy superhuman shooting while freefalling breaks the mythos of the Gen IIs, because now aparently anyone who can stuff into a suit can do it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
why is everyone saying its 'over the top'... Its Halo.. it is SCIENCE FICTION. It is supposed to be over the top.
View Quote

My problem with the story is they seem to have jumped the border from Science Fiction to Science Fantasy.

That said - i'll play the game and probably enjoy the heck out of it.  Just wish they hadn't gone the direction they did with the story.

For me the attraction of games is the story and COOP playing through the story.  HALO has that in spades.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I gotta say, this trailer did nothing for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My problem with the story is they seem to have jumped the border from Science Fiction to Science Fantasy.

That said - i'll play the game and probably enjoy the heck out of it.  Just wish they hadn't gone the direction they did with the story.

For me the attraction of games is the story and COOP playing through the story.  HALO has that in spades.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was already bordering on Science Fantasy with John being a Herculean figure and the Forerunners essentially acting as Olympian gods, and the war essentially being Space ISIS versus Space USSR, IMO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top