Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 6:36:46 AM EDT
What is a good one to get?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]
i use a MyBook 4TB drive.  I even bought the same one for my brother.  Plenty of space for all the digital downloads that we share and is faster than the internal one.  I think it was $130.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you use these? I've never used/had one.

I understand you plug the USB in, but then what? Is there any set up? How do you save games/updates to it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i use a MyBook 4TB drive.  I even bought the same one for my brother.  Plenty of space for all the digital downloads that we share and is faster than the internal one.  I think it was $130.
View Quote

That's the one the websites recommend, and I picked it up a few weeks ago.  Kinda bummed that when you first get it, it doesn't start off with 4TB though.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's the one the websites recommend, and I picked it up a few weeks ago.  Kinda bummed that when you first get it, it doesn't start off with 4TB though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm that's how hard drives work.  You never get the advertised size.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a 2 TB passport. All you have to do is plug it in and format it then you can save stuff to it. Easy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use a 2 TB passport. All you have to do is plug it in and format it then you can save stuff to it. Easy.
View Quote

Yep, the xbox website will walk you through how to set it up.

I got a 2 TB Western Digital from amazon. I think it was around $80-90.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]
So.....

Western digital, seagate or mybook? All are good, personal preference kind of thing?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So.....

Western digital, seagate or mybook? All are good, personal preference kind of thing?
View Quote

Yup.  I have a seagate slim 2tb.  I chose it because the price was right and i didn't need a separate power source for it. Runs off of usb 3 power.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So.....

View Quote

The seagate I linked to is the top performing 2.5 external 5400rpm hdd.

http://www.cnet.com/products/seagate-backup-plus-slim/2/

Microsoft also paired with seagate to make the first xbox one official accessory hdd.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
http://computers.woot.com/offers/wd-my-book-usb-3-0-desktop-hard-drives-1?ref=cnt_wp_7_3

I have a 4TB WD HD. it's super easy to add on to the xbox.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top