Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2015 10:55:09 AM EDT
Anyone playing Rocket League? If not, why aren't you?

Basically a mix of soccer and hockey with cars. Rocket powered cars. At a glance it looks stupid. But its actually awesome. Played it for the first time last week on PS4. Picked it up on Steam last night and cant put it down.
It supports cross platform play between Steam and PS4. However grouping does not work between platforms currently.

If anyone wants to group up lemme know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
That's one of the best non-$60 game I've played all year.  They really knocked it out of the part.  Hopefully they end up making some money off of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This is one of the best games at any price ive played this year. I paid the full $20 for the Steam copy but found this today : http://www.destructoid.com/there-s-finally-a-deal-on-rocket-league-for-pc-307216.phtml

Judging by its popularity id say they are doing well. It was free on PSN for a month or so and kind of blew up. The amount of joinable games online at just about any time of the day is pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been playing it for a bit with a friend on steam. PM me your steam id if you'd like to play later.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1770772_Rocket_League.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought it on PS4 last weekend, 2 of the 3 nights the roommates and I didn't work, we made into a drinking game.

Rocket League is fun as shit, super impressed with it
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Rocket League kicks ass. I've been learning how to fly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I gave a member here grief for playing car soccer.  He bought it for me this weekend and I have really enjoyed playing it.  Went 5-0 with some other Arfcommers in 4 vs 4 last night.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I gave a member here grief for playing car soccer.  He bought it for me this weekend and I have really enjoyed playing it.  Went 5-0 with some other Arfcommers in 4 vs 4 last night.
View Quote

Your damn right Java. That is the hot shit right there. You and Unified soaked that up after I gave you your first hit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
been working on learning how to play defense better, and honing my aerial skills. snagged this nice aerial goal last night:

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
been working on learning how to play defense better, and honing my aerial skills. snagged this nice aerial goal last night:

https://youtu.be/QBUS7mm2-Fk
View Quote

Holy shit that was awesome
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

send me a friend rq, burnsy - my gamertag is the same as my SN
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nice!

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Rocket League and Duck Game are the two I play several times a week to unwind... well, I say unwind but it usually results in thrown controllers and bad language

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#13]
anybody pick up the DLC pack the other day? the new music boost is awesome.
did you see the one coming out next week?

I've been getting better.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice goals! I saw on steam that there was a new DLC but I didn't look at it or purchase it. I need to practice some more.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Ill get the back to the future dlc but the flame pack looks stupid.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice goals! I saw on steam that there was a new DLC but I didn't look at it or purchase it. I need to practice some more.
View Quote

thanks. that game is definitely practice, practice, practice. I'm closing in on my 1,000th match.

the new DLC is good, I like the Zippy car, and the music boost is awesome, as are the "deal with it" glasses hat.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
on a separate note, I've scored a lot of goals in Rocket League now, and i still feel like this each time:

that's what keeps me coming back.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Rocket League is on sale today in the PS Store for $11.99. It's the best $12 you'll ever spend...
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#19]
the Snow Day update is out - the hockey is badass.

this happened during our game the other night:

we couldn't stop laughing for at least 20 min after that game.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh my the hockey looks fun!
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#21]
the hockey mode is a ton of fun - better than the other mutators, IMO - i'm working on being a competitive player in RL - so I don't like the mutators that change the physics of the game -  they tend to throw me off when I go back to Regular League.

the puck spends a ton of time sliding up the wall, so it has definitely improved my team's wall playing ability.

the game is just so much fun however you play it, but the hockey has been a really nice change of pace.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
hey Xbox guys - RL is coming out on Xbox One in February.

can't wait to get a crack at the Xbox noobs.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/3/9844532/rocket-league-xbox-one-release

just $20 for the game + all the DLC released so far (minus the delorean) - absolutely the best $20 you'll ever spend.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

just $20 for the game + all the DLC released so far (minus the delorean) - absolutely the best $20 you'll ever spend.
View Quote

I bet xbox won't let you play cross platform like ps4
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Xbox RL will not be cross-platform.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not surprised maybe in 5 years they'll catch up with ps4
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone playing Rocket League? If not, why aren't you?

Basically a mix of soccer and hockey with cars. Rocket powered cars. At a glance it looks stupid. But its actually awesome. Played it for the first time last week on PS4. Picked it up on Steam last night and cant put it down.
It supports cross platform play between Steam and PS4. However grouping does not work between platforms currently.

If anyone wants to group up lemme know.
View Quote

I play it on the PS4 whenever I am downloading something, or even if I get to frustrated playing Rainbow 6, fun as hell sober or drunk!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
huge update details for the February patch today. Adding Rocket Labs - 3 new maps! awesome!!! can't wait for that overpass map.

also, put together my first montage of highlights - the sharing and spectating tools in RL are so much fun to play with

i'm not anything incredible, but i'll finish season 1 in gold in 2s and 3s. really looking forward to the new ranking system for s2.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the updates and montage, Southend.

I am looking forward to playing this on the xbox since I have more friends willing to play on there than on steam.

I know they mentioned sometime in February but is there a confirmed date yet?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for the updates and montage, Southend.

I am looking forward to playing this on the xbox since I have more friends willing to play on there than on steam.

I know they mentioned sometime in February but is there a confirmed date yet?
View Quote

My pleasure. can't believe this thread doesn't have more participation from arfcommers.

no confirmed date. they're waiting to get the certification process cleared with MS, and then everyone's best guess is mid-february.

the Xbox version will be $20 and include all previous DLC cars and maps - excluding the DeLorean.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump for Xbox One owners - RL is out on the Xbox - Pick it up if you have the $20 - it's the best $20 you'll ever spend on a game.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bump for Xbox One owners - RL is out on the Xbox - Pick it up if you have the $20 - it's the best $20 you'll ever spend on a game.
View Quote

whats the point the real players are on ps4 and pc and we can play eachother
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I play primarily on my PS4, still - that's where my competitive teammates are and definitely the better player base, but i have tons of xbox buddies that were chomping at the bit to play RL. it's been fun getting to show them the ropes and watch them fall in love with the gameplay.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
huge update details for the February patch today. Adding Rocket Labs - 3 new maps! awesome!!! can't wait for that overpass map.

https://youtu.be/ssTVzfP6MkU

also, put together my first montage of highlights - the sharing and spectating tools in RL are so much fun to play with

https://youtu.be/cmIMX0tjk8Q

i'm not anything incredible, but i'll finish season 1 in gold in 2s and 3s. really looking forward to the new ranking system for s2.
View Quote

What's the key to getting better at aerials? I am god awful at this game, but I enjoy playing it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]
sorry I was late responding to you, unsub -

for me, the key to getting better with aerials  was practice, practice, practice. the game is all about learning how to handle your car, and the more mastery you have over manipulation of your vehicle and vehicle's physics, the better you can manage situations.

For just starting off learning to fly, try all star goalie training - there are a lot of shots that require a quick jump and boost to fly to - and that helped me with learning to control my car for small, crossbar level aerial attempts.

next, I would go into free play and work on just learning to hover my car in place, and then slowly move my car in a direction and recover control of my vehicle, without ever touching the ground. Once I could move around a little in good control of my car, I would pick a spot (like the top corner of the far net) and start in the goal and fly my way there, slowly - feathering the boost to maintain a steady altitude and control.

once I felt comfortable with that - I started doing more of the all star aerial training - i'd whiff the ball 90% of the time at first, but eventually got to the point where I could at least touch it every time, then finally got to the point where I could start to control the shot in the air. I still practice aerials all the time - and i'm still slowly improving.

Lately, I've been working on freestyle aerials - learning to fly backwards, spin, and other flashy stuff.

what platform are you playing on? i'm always glad to share some advice if you're online on PS4 or Xbox.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Just picked up this game on sale in the PlayStation store, could not put it down for three days straight. I'm already at level 22 and would like to play in some group or private matches. SouthEndXGF, I sent you a friend request on PSN. I don't have a headset ATM, but will be getting one when I pick up The Division.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just picked up this game on sale in the PlayStation store, could not put it down for three days straight. I'm already at level 22 and would like to play in some group or private matches. SouthEndXGF, I sent you a friend request on PSN. I don't have a headset ATM, but will be getting one when I pick up The Division.
View Quote

cool. I'll look for you over there - i think i've only missed playing rocket league one or two nights since last september or so when I got into it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
sorry I was late responding to you, unsub -

for me, the key to getting better with aerials  was practice, practice, practice. the game is all about learning how to handle your car, and the more mastery you have over manipulation of your vehicle and vehicle's physics, the better you can manage situations.

For just starting off learning to fly, try all star goalie training - there are a lot of shots that require a quick jump and boost to fly to - and that helped me with learning to control my car for small, crossbar level aerial attempts.

next, I would go into free play and work on just learning to hover my car in place, and then slowly move my car in a direction and recover control of my vehicle, without ever touching the ground. Once I could move around a little in good control of my car, I would pick a spot (like the top corner of the far net) and start in the goal and fly my way there, slowly - feathering the boost to maintain a steady altitude and control.

once I felt comfortable with that - I started doing more of the all star aerial training - i'd whiff the ball 90% of the time at first, but eventually got to the point where I could at least touch it every time, then finally got to the point where I could start to control the shot in the air. I still practice aerials all the time - and i'm still slowly improving.

Lately, I've been working on freestyle aerials - learning to fly backwards, spin, and other flashy stuff.

https://youtu.be/c5T_pYYyOlA

what platform are you playing on? i'm always glad to share some advice if you're online on PS4 or Xbox.
View Quote

No problem, and thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#39]
so, all the freestyle aerial training is starting to pay off.

this is probably the most technically difficult and skilled goal i've scored in RL:

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Also, the Batmobile comes out tomorrow:

Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#41]
coming soon - (Psyonix just keeps killin' it! No developer has better post-launch support)

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#42]
I play on pc :) steam ID is turkturkelton. Feel  free to add!
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Basketball mode officially named "Dunk House" - coming out soon!

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/714961035883483137

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 3:31:45 AM EDT
[#45]
If you guys haven't given this game a chance, you need to. Simple to learn, hard to master, but fun all around. It's the best money I've ever spent on a piece of gaming software.

ETA: When totally frustrated by The Division or other games, this is what I turn on to relax again. It's what video games should always be, fun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#46]
I've finally played RL on all 3 platforms. Love it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#47]
bump because this game doesn't get enough love on arfcom. check it out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Bumparooni, had a blast playing with some guys from here and others. Would be nice to get an ARFCOM league going.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#49]
RL is free to play on steam this weekend. Excellent time to come check it out!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#50]
The game is addictive no doubt.  I've reached a point though where it seems like I'm regressing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top