Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2015 7:31:43 PM EDT
Looking for another teammate willing to play a dedicated two man team.  We load up as best we can, and then head for our very own sniper hide.

I have a scoped rifle and an assault rifle.  I personally prefer the role of sniper, but we can swap from cover to sniper.  If you have a team-mate, all the better as long as you all are willing to generally play the role of "good guy."

We set up, and observe in the wilder parts of town, busy server.  It is sometimes a little boring standing by for contact, but the brief sessions of excitement are madcap fun and highly realistic.  Sometimes we do nothing and hold position silently and observe, or we save people from zombies, or other players marauding; we may get into a tremendous firefight.  And even help the newbs if we can.  

We may have to kill a man or two in a fair fight.
Or if we think he's gonna start a fair fight.
Or if he bothers us.
Or if there's a woman.
Or if we are getting paid...mostly when we are getting paid.

IM me if you think you have what it takes.

And for the love of God, please have a headset, please be over 18, and not an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a scoped rifle and an assault rifle.

Looking to play today, this morning or afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I could play with you, if you have a teamspeak or mumble you want to use we could do that. Right now I'm in Svetlo with 75% gear.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060165525/     feel free to friend me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
IM ed you here and on Steam.  Still looking...
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Steam ID: DSnyder82

I have about 600 hours in game and know the map really well. Im not on everyday though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll join you folks on there. jihadjosh50 is my steam id.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Sent invite to both.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Well Gentlemen...that went well
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm new to the standalone DayZ game but played the old mod quite a bit. I'm looking to get in on this with you guys. My steam name is skepsis_
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm willing to shell out a few bucks (pay for it myself) to host an Arfcom server. I thought there was a pretty big following for DayZ at one point on Arfcom? Am thinking I will cross post this to GD to see what I can come up with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm willing to shell out a few bucks (pay for it myself) to host an Arfcom server. I thought there was a pretty big following for DayZ at one point on Arfcom? Am thinking I will cross post this to GD to see what I can come up with.
View Quote

I haven't played in months, but I would play on that server, so long as I'm not expected to make time commitments.  Any particular COC you're considering, or will it be anything goes?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Im down with supporting a standalone server. Hit me up... steam name is Weresloth.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Also, has anyone looted a SVD and got to play with it in game yet? If so, how is it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:33:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I play.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Also, has anyone looted a SVD and got to play with it in game yet? If so, how is it?
View Quote

I had found a mag then I lost it with all of the contents of my pants, jacket and vest while trying to cool off when the server reset.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had found a mag then I lost it with all of the contents of my pants, jacket and vest while trying to cool off when the server reset.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bummer...  Same here. I found a mag but no rifle.   I just scored a suppressed UMP45 however.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Is anyone on tonight?
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link to the active thread in GD Standalone Thread
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#18]
What the blue fuck is up with food drops in Standalone?  I tried to get back into it after watching some streams, but it's giving me a literal headache.
I went to 8! 8 fucking servers trying to find any food for my starving toon.
Not a single goddamn can of sardines, beans or other anything else was found..
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What the blue fuck is up with food drops in Standalone?  I tried to get back into it after watching some streams, but it's giving me a literal headache.
I went to 8! 8 fucking servers trying to find any food for my starving toon.
Not a single goddamn can of sardines, beans or other anything else was found..
View Quote

The latest release is pretty fucked. No zombies, their test drive of the new loot system, and longer intervals between server resets. In theory, the idea is to head inland and northward to get to the better equipment. Currently, you just gotta run around finding Pipsis and stupid shit then wait while its raining outside. Oh yeah, the hypothermia is bugged. If you get "drenched", you die. Whether or not you dry off, start a fire, etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Food spawns. Just have to find it.   When you spawn find an apple tree or berry bush immediately to stay alive   Get your energized and hydrated states bright green and you should be healthy.

Survival is about priorities and getting gear takes time.

We have a location with ammo, guns, supplies, and a truck.

Tonight we got into some gunfights, and the other guys lost.  

If you are struggling we are willing to help.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh, I'm a DayZ Vet.  I started playing when the mod first dropped in Arma 2, and had SA since it because available in closed.   Many hours were spent setting up ambushes on other groups with the original Arfcom DayZ crew.

I was just wondering what was up with the current build, since I had taken a break from StandAlone for a while.  It got broken for play a while back, and I just couldn't get into it with the limited amount of gear available at the time.

So is it just a per server thing with the loot issues?  Or is loot taking a long time to spawn?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Oh, I'm a DayZ Vet.  I started playing when the mod first dropped in Arma 2, and had SA since it because available in closed.   Many hours were spent setting up ambushes on other groups with the original Arfcom DayZ crew.

I was just wondering what was up with the current build, since I had taken a break from StandAlone for a while.  It got broken for play a while back, and I just couldn't get into it with the limited amount of gear available at the time.

So is it just a per server thing with the loot issues?  Or is loot taking a long time to spawn?
View Quote

Food is plentiful away from the coast.  Load up on apple's when you spawn, then head inland.   I've never had a major issue finding food in big coastal cities either, to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Been playing all morning. Went down to Cherno. Have the .357 rifle and revolver. Found a truck and got it running a while ago too.

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#24]
That's hot...
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Just purchased and joined! Not sure why my default character didn't save but I am currently running around a black woman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top