Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MGSV is such an effing disappointment.   I hope the person responsible for releasing it was fired.

-87/10

Needs more fucks.

http://booksofamber.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/there-was-an-attempt.png

No rant.  Just a statement

Here is my post from another forum:

Not even rushed, it is almost entirely absent from the game. Chapter 2 is mostly just rehashed missions from chapter 1. The way the game ends is so incoherent and bizarre. You go from that incredibly stupid mission that involves you having to execute your own men. A mission that is set up to be an awesome zombie fest, and instead just has you execute your guys who are begging not to be killed, saluting you, shaming you. Yeah, we get it Kojima, we should feel bad. It goes from that, to a replay of the very first mission, there is no final climax or final boss. There is no closure to the whole premise to the game (revenge on Cipher). I can deal with non-traditional story telling, like for example No Country For Old Men. But this is like if the second half of No Country For Old Men was simply a retelling of the first half.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Well since its set up for the MGS6 and no kojima maybe it'll be more coherent
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not even rushed, it is almost entirely absent from the game. Chapter 2 is mostly just rehashed missions from chapter 1. The way the game ends is so incoherent and bizarre. You go from that incredibly stupid mission that involves you having to execute your own men. A mission that is set up to be an awesome zombie fest, and instead just has you execute your guys who are begging not to be killed, saluting you, shaming you. Yeah, we get it Kojima, we should feel bad. It goes from that, to a replay of the very first mission, there is no final climax or final boss. There is no closure to the whole premise to the game (revenge on Cipher). I can deal with non-traditional story telling, like for example No Country For Old Men. But this is like if the second half of No Country For Old Men was simply a retelling of the first half.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MGSV is such an effing disappointment.   I hope the person responsible for releasing it was fired.

-87/10

Needs more fucks.

http://booksofamber.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/there-was-an-attempt.png

and lastly....

a child steals the super weapon.

a child that, if you pay attention to the story of the tapes, should be shot on sight as if the multiple power struggle "missions" on mother base were not a big enough clue.

this game's story has a severe case of the Derpies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
this game's story has a severe case of the Derpies.
View Quote

In other words it is a Metal Gear game!

While I am also a little disappointed in how clunky and unfinished the game becomes, I also came to terms years ago with how shitty and downright awful Kojima is as a story writer. I'm sure if you are a teenage anime dork with an incredibly disjointed view of the world who jerks it to cartoons you find his writing and directing skills to be the best thing ever... but to anyone with half a brain who has seen more than the discount anime rack at Blockbuster has to offer (and half a sense of taste) they are pure liquid crap. If the actual game itself wasn't the redeeming factor Kojima would have vanished into the discount bins a decade ago. Instead we have the cult of personality that has grown up around the man and his games, no matter how unfinished with retarded plots still get 10 out of 10 game of the decade accolades. Screw gamer gate, this shit is why I don't trust video game journalism. (again MGS5 is not a "bad" game, it is just not the golden god the reviews make it out to be)
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I like how that arrogant prick put himself both in Ground Zeros and Phantom Pain.

I have mission 112 opened up right now.

Think I am gonna go fail it intentionally and execute that fucker.

/edit

He dead.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like how that arrogant prick put himself both in Ground Zeros and Phantom Pain.

/edit

He dead.
View Quote

I've been a huge MGS fan for a while now and maybe it's just me but this version, as good as it is, seems to be getting repetitive. Even more so than previous games.  Tranq guy, fulton him out. Find prisoner, fulton them out.  Mind you Im not very far in the game but the closest I have come to a Boss fight (think Snake Eater) is Quiet and she went down quick with the death from above gimmick.  Please tell me it gets a little more interesting post Africa.

Still really enjoy the game, just my 15% completion status opinion.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've been a huge MGS fan for a while now and maybe it's just me but this version, as good as it is, seems to be getting repetitive. Even more so than previous games.  Tranq guy, fulton him out. Find prisoner, fulton them out.  Mind you Im not very far in the game but the closest I have come to a Boss fight (think Snake Eater) is Quiet and she went down quick with the death from above gimmick.  Please tell me it gets a little more interesting post Africa.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

He dead.

Fulton Guys Sedated....
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

He dead.

So how about trying the Quiet mission another way then?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

He dead.

i have replayed that mission a ton of times.

beating her with a tank and Ddog is one of the most fun ways.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
If you think about it every MGS game is repetitive as fuck.

Start Chapter with long cutscene > Sneak and Shoot > Long cutscene introducing future boss > Sneak and Shoot > Fight boss introduced in last cutscene using completely un-sneaky shooty tactics after a long cutscene > End of Chapter long cutscene

Repeat five or six times until the game ends with one really laboriously long cutscene.

What MGS5 did is to give the player the illusion of control over that preset pattern. It changed into:

Fuck around until you get bored, call chopper to access the ACC > Pick a mission and deploy > Sneak and shoot > radio call introducing future boss or objective > Sneak and shoot > Fight boss or engage objective from the last radio call, sometimes using completely un-sneaky shooty tactics > End of mission, fuck around until you get bored and call the chopper to access the ACC > Listen to painfully boring cassette tapes to make up for the missing long ass cutscenes, occasionally micro manage mother base or play online to continue being trapped in a false content farm for gear arrangement that every open world game uses in some way

Except in the case of MGS5 you repeat the above a hundred times (between bouts of fucking around) until you get bored as the game just sort of peters out with no real "ending". The game is just like "well... you won... but keep playing".
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

He dead.

I will, after I finish more of the game.  I'm guessing it's possible.  Just took the easy route so I could move on and start using her for missions.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I will, after I finish more of the game.  I'm guessing it's possible.  Just took the easy route so I could move on and start using her for missions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

He dead.

I just dropped 2 arty strikes on her head...
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

He dead.

I'm not so sure that the extreme difficulty version of that mission will be quite so easy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you think about it every MGS game is repetitive as fuck.

Start Chapter with long cutscene > Sneak and Shoot > Long cutscene introducing future boss > Sneak and Shoot > Fight boss introduced in last cutscene using completely un-sneaky shooty tactics after a long cutscene > End of Chapter long cutscene

Repeat five or six times until the game ends with one really laboriously long cutscene.

What MGS5 did is to give the player the illusion of control over that preset pattern. It changed into:

Fuck around until you get bored, call chopper to access the ACC > Pick a mission and deploy > Sneak and shoot > radio call introducing future boss or objective > Sneak and shoot > Fight boss or engage objective from the last radio call, sometimes using completely un-sneaky shooty tactics > End of mission, fuck around until you get bored and call the chopper to access the ACC > Listen to painfully boring cassette tapes to make up for the missing long ass cutscenes, occasionally micro manage mother base or play online to continue being trapped in a false content farm for gear arrangement that every open world game uses in some way

Except in the case of MGS5 you repeat the above a hundred times (between bouts of fucking around) until you get bored as the game just sort of peters out with no real "ending". The game is just like "well... you won... but keep playing".
View Quote

So.... Fallout?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]
That was the extreme difficulty mission dropped 2 arty bombardments on her head and I won
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That was the extreme difficulty mission dropped 2 arty bombardments on her head and I won
View Quote

Really.  Why go scope to scope with an expert super-human sniper when I have superior CAS
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Really.  Why go scope to scope with an expert super-human sniper when I have superior CAS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know right?!

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quiet is in my medical brig, how do i use her???

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have to progress the main story line
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dropped supply drops on her head as to not kill her.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#21]
2nd half of the story is missing 10/10 -ign

edit: the game's story could have worked... its just incomplete or missing
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After main mission 14.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Metal gear online comes out on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to that. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Metal gear online comes out on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to that. Anyone else?
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I am starting to enjoy FOB play.

I dont extract anyone, I kill everything and enjoy shooting the hell out of the reinforcements.

Once you start to learn the lay out of certain bases it is fun to snipe the hell out of troops.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#26]
MGO is to be releases at 3am EST

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I dont extract anyone, I kill everything and enjoy shooting the hell out of the reinforcements.

Once you start to learn the lay out of certain bases it is fun to snipe the hell out of troops.
View Quote

I just tried the FOB stuff last night after being attacked for the first time.  I played about 3 hours of FOB.  Man, that is intense sometimes!  Looking forward to trying some more.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I just tried the FOB stuff last night after being attacked for the first time.  I played about 3 hours of FOB.  Man, that is intense sometimes!  Looking forward to trying some more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When does FOB start?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

When does FOB start?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When does FOB start?

Around mission 22 of main story line.

You will drop in to do a mission and you will get an FOB style alert asking you to return to mother base.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Just played a few rounds of MGO.  Dude, this is awesome.  MGO is some fan-freaking-tastic multiplayer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

When does the FOB play become available?  Ive just completed the first Africa mission, so not too far in but absolutely love this game.

edit---already answered above---
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck stealth camo.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck stealth camo.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone have any idea why the game won't credit me for fultoning A++ ranked guys?  The Fulton is successful, but I'm not able to add anyone over an A+ rating for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck stealth camo.

Why?

Because I play as an enforcer and I keep getting CQC'd or shot by invisible dudes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone have any idea why the game won't credit me for fultoning A++ ranked guys?  The Fulton is successful, but I'm not able to add anyone over an A+ rating for some reason.
View Quote

Check your brig.

Could be something holding them up from being released.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Check your brig.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check your brig.

Checked there as well as cleared out the rifraff from the waiting room, still no luck.  Even found my first couple of S ranks, successfully Fulton, and they're no where to be found on the roster.  Do you need to be further along in the story before it lets you recruit the A++ and over guys?

ETA: Found on another forum last night that there are guys labeled as "boasters"  that rank themselves higher than they really are.  Which would explain that while Im extracting A++ and S, Im getting more B & C guys in my waiting room.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Apparently I didn't realize that the Quiet bug was still an issue on XBone.  I'm stuck at mission 42. Not sure why.  I'm using the butterfly emblem. I played it exactly like I did mission 29.

Does anyone know whether the fix fixed corrupted games on PS4 and PC, or did it just fix new walk-throughs?  I have 140 hours in this game. I'm not starting over. I can wait for a fix if I won't have to start over.

Edit:  Found online that you can replay mission 41 using a different character and it will fix the corrupt data.  Worked for me.  I now have the next story missions available.  Whew!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#43]
I recant my previous post about the boss battles. Survived the the man on fire pretty easy and finally figured out that I could seek past the skull snipers.  I spent two hours getting my ass kicked at the airport. Twenty minutes worth of counter CQC went to shit when they adapted and started with the automatic fire. Pint of vodka later I said fuck it and went to bed. Any suggestions.  I can slowly wear down a couple of them but cant seal the deal.  I am developing the sawed off hoping that will help with the RPG

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I recant my previous post about the boss battles. Survived the the man on fire pretty easy and finally figured out that I could seek past the skull snipers.  I spent two hours getting my ass kicked at the airport. Twenty minutes worth of counter CQC went to shit when they adapted and started with the automatic fire. Pint of vodka later I said fuck it and went to bed. Any suggestions.  I can slowly wear down a couple of them but cant seal the deal.  I am developing the sawed off hoping that will help with the RPG

View Quote

Are you on the metallic archea mission?

Easiest thing for me was to equip a rocket launcher, grenade launcher, and battle dress. Run to the main airport building and get on the room. Pop in and out to shoot at the skulls. If quiet has the .50 sniper rifle unlocked and the "cover me" command, she is very helpful.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#45]
No .50 yet.  I am only now starting to build my bond with her plus my r&d took a hit from the quarantine. Ill give it a shot with the bomb suit (battle dress)

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No .50 yet.  I am only now starting to build my bond with her plus my r&d took a hit from the quarantine. Ill give it a shot with the bomb suit (battle dress)

View Quote

What quarantine?  Is that part of the story?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

No spoilers

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The anit-aircraft placements make quick work of them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That and/or have a tank airdropped in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Easiest thing for me was to equip a rocket launcher, grenade launcher, and battle dress. Run to the main airport building and get on the room. Pop in and out to shoot at the skulls. If quiet has the .50 sniper rifle unlocked and the "cover me" command, she is very helpful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get on top of the hangar. Same weapons you suggest. Super easy if Quiet has the .50.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top