Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Posted: 6/19/2015 3:00:08 PM EDT
Clear your schedules and stock up on coffee, it's going to be a long adventure.

Patch Information

Version 1.03
Fixed an issue where under specific conditions, the game halts progression in the black screens displayed after clearing Mission 29 and Mission 42.
Fixed the issue where once the prior issue is triggered, the save data goes directly to the black screen and game progression is halted.
Fixed the issue where using the selection controls during the tutorial when first buying an FOB the game halted progression

Reviews

IGN Review 10/10 Courtesy of StealthGuy

Gamespot Review 10/10 Courtesy of StealthGuy

GameInformer Review 9.25/10

Metal Gear Informer Review 10/10

Destructoid Review 9/10

Guides, Walkthroughs, Apps, & Manuals

Companion App Download

Metal Gear Solid V: Web Manual PS4

Metal Gear Solid V: Web Manual PC

Gameplay Demos

Courtesy of Adam-Wayne

Motherbase Demo courtesy of StealthGuy

Gamescom 2015 Twitch Stream MGSV A Hero's Way D-Walker Run #2

MGSV TPP Extended Gameplay Demo IGN Live Gamescom 2015

Gamescon 2015: Playstation Live MGS TPP A Hero's Way D-Walker #1

Freedom of Infiltration Gameplay Demo

E3 2015 40min Live Demo

Metal Gear Solid V - 1 Hour Hands-On w/ Phantom Pain Impressions

Media and Information

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain PC disc only contains Steam installer

The Most Important Peace Walker Tapes To Listen to Before MGSV

Official Metal Gear Solid Youtube Channel

MGSV Video Log Konami clips of different MGSV features.  Updated regularly until launch.

New Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Info Revealed at LA Review Event

MGSV Graphics Comparison

Ranking Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Games

Around the World in Metal Gear Solid

Ray Sipe Metal Gear Solid V Song Courtesy of Adam-Wayne

Metal Gear Solid V: Quiet Theme

Metal Gear Solid V: Sins of the Father // Music Video

Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain ''Nuclear'' Lyrics HD

Metal Gear Solid V Fox Engine Tech Demo

MGSV TPP Weapons Tree (SPOILER)

MGSV TPP Weapon Customization (SPOILER)

New Batch of MGSV TPP Merchandise and Play Test Photos

David Hayter Addresses Kiefer Sutherland Stealing His Solid Snake Role

Kiefer Sutherland as the voice of Snake in MGS V

Special Editions

PC System Requirements

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

MGSV TPP Bundle via Twitter

MGSV TPP Collectors Edition

MGSV TPP Collectors Edition Guide

Live Steaming Media

Metal Gear Solid TV

Konami Drama

[SPOILERS] MGS V: Did Kojima try to warn us?

RIP April 1, 2005-July 10, 2015
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a MGS fan always have been.  I have been playing Ground Zeros over and over.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I was lost when they started getting super stupid with the story.   Metal Gear Solid was my last game I enjoyed.

Just wasnt worth it.   But that game play demo is pretty damn awesome.   That could bring me back if they dont pull any stupid tricks like Far Cry style impossible to skip dialogue.    I like that it narrates as you go along and assets can be kidnapped or just eliminated.   That dwalker looks fun as hell.

Game appears to have multiple play through as a definite possibility.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
As a long time MGS fan, I'm really looking forward to this.  The Phantom Pain will be my next game to play after the Witcher 3.

Yeah, the story and premise is a little nuts, but who cares?  It's a video game.  

I'm disappointed that Big Boss won't have very many lines.  They probably don't want to pay Sutherland the premium.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I still don't know if I will buy it. Metal Gear on PC is a huge deal, but Snake being voiced by some new guy? Kind of a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm hearing rumblings of micro-transactions in game.  Ruh-roh.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.

Saw a guy on youtube today say you could buy the female sniper a bigger set of tits....

If they are smart enough to do that...   i will buy them....   they better be giant pendulous massive tits worthy of Kenny cheesing his balls off in South Park.

Also, need a tentacle monster bayonet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have never used micro-transactions.  In any game.  Ever.  

Even that boogie man micro transaction game, Dead Space 3.  I played through it and didn't even know what micro transactions were.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:28:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Even that boogie man micro transaction game, Dead Space 3.  I played through it and didn't even know what micro transactions were.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor have I.   I don't care if microtransactions are of the TF2/Evolve/DOTA type.  Weapon skins, player skins, voice packs, special camos, whatever.  As long as it doesn't affect the gameplay, I'm 100% OK with that.

As soon as they start adding the kind of shit in that affects gameplay though, I have a problem - for example, it seems that you can use microtransactions in MGSV to speed up base building and the like because it takes so long - I start to have issues.  Are those transactions really superfluous and the game is totally balanced without them?  Or did they create the game in such a way as to make it purposely unreasonably long to build bases, thus making it more likely that you will throw money at the screen in frustration at how long things are taking?  Unfortunately, at this point it's difficult to say.

In one sense, I suppose it doesn't matter.  As you say, if you don't like them, don't buy them.  Simple.  I just don't like the idea that a company might balance a game in such a way that they end up creating soft gates - sure, you can technically beat the game without paying a single cent if you are willing to go through the hassle, but it's unreasonably difficult or time-consuming.  But if you just pay us $4.99, we'll give you some stuff that brings the balance back to what it should have been at the beginning.  Obviously it's impossible to say what's being done here, but that system HAS been used multiple times in the recent past.  

Dead Space 3 was actually pretty good example.  Armor sets?  I've got no problem with that.  Paying to speed up your little resource robots because they purposely made them super slow in the hope that you'd toss a couple bucks their way to avoid the hassle that they themselves created?  That comes across all wrong to me.  It was at least playable without paying though, so it's less egregious than some.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#10]
MGS5 Microtransactions will be story skips. Pay 99 cents to get ten second executive summary? No. OK, get some popcorn and drink because you will be watching this unskippable FMV for about a half hour before you can play again.

Hopefully Phantom Pain will be like Ground Zeroes and keep the soapboxing and stupid anime shit to a minimum this time around.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I still don't know if I will buy it. Metal Gear on PC is a huge deal, but Snake being voiced by some new guy? Kind of a deal breaker.
View Quote

Kiefer has been doing a pretty good job as Big Boss to be honest.

At first I was kinda shocked at how they dumped Hayter, but now it makes sense. It was an evolution of Big Boss.

Hayter as Naked Snake (Big Boss before Big Boss), Keifer as Venom Snake (Big Boss), and Richard Doyle as Old Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Keifer will bring along a more grizzled and war-torn version instead of the rather "Rough yet somewhat new" talent that Hayter brings.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I also don't mind Sutherland as Big Boss.

After all, Big Boss is an entirely different person than Solid Snake... and who knows, at some point if they keep pushing the time line forward they are going to remake the original Metal Gear and you are going to once again have Solid Snake and Big Boss together in the same game.

Plus Hayter always sounded like he was trying too hard to gravel up his voice, whereas Sutherland just sounded more natural in Ground Zeroes.

Then again all I hear is Metal Gear Awesome, so take that with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Hideo released new 30min demo video in Japan (See Above)
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty cool to see the options for completing just one mission.

Cannot wait.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cannot wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cannot wait.

I've already blocked out some vacation for this one.  I was lucky enough to get a Collectors Edition.

FYSA: I updated the new video.  It's now in English with subtitles. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I am taking 1 week off at the end of Sept and taking off the entire month from any overtime worked.

Going to be playing on 130 inch projected screen and have no life.

/edit

Where did you get collector edition ordered?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am taking 1 week off at the end of Sept and taking off the entire month from any overtime worked.

Going to be playing on 130 inch projected screen and have no life.

/edit

Where did you get collector edition ordered?
View Quote

I ended up having to go through ebay. $150 shipped.  A mild premium.  I wanted the Japanese Edition but I only have friends in HK and they couldn't get a copy for me.

I'm just glad I didn't have to pay that premium for Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#18]
They're keeping Kiefer Sutherland?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They're keeping Kiefer Sutherland?
View Quote

I think it's a one time deal for MGSV, unless Konami drags out the series without Kojima.  

Official word is out that KojiPro has disbanded.
METAL GEAR SOLID VOICE ACTOR CONFIRMS KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS CLOSURE
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Added a MGSV E3 2015 Trailers Analysis video that approx 1:42:37 long.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Still wish I could find a damn collector edition for xbone.

The fact that they make so few pisses me off.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ebay is your best option at this point.  I could of found you one earlier this month for a mild mark up ($120).  Now you're looking at $200 +.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was lost when they started getting super stupid with the story.

View Quote
I lost the plot on the Metal Gear games long ago. The plot line, along with the Chinese take-out menu translation, got harder and harder to overlook.

When Guns Of The Patriots came along, and you spent more time watching cut scenes than you did playing the game, that's when I gave up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ebay is your best option at this point.  I could of found you one earlier this month for a mild mark up ($120).  Now you're looking at $200 +.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shit thing is bestbuy Canada has the XBONE version in stock for preorder, in CANADIA-LAND.....

Stupid regional bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/uuCzWJ-_SK4
View Quote

Pretty interesting.

Dick move by konami.   Still not sure what is going on.   Kojima seems like quite the artsy little hipster fruitbat.    Not sure if he is a primadonna or not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I lost the plot on the Metal Gear games long ago. The plot line, along with the Chinese take-out menu translation, got harder and harder to overlook.

When Guns Of The Patriots came along, and you spent more time watching cut scenes than you did playing the game, that's when I gave up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was lost when they started getting super stupid with the story.

The Complete History of Metal Gear Solid

Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty interesting.

Dick move by konami.   Still not sure what is going on.   Kojima seems like quite the artsy little hipster fruitbat.    Not sure if he is a primadonna or not.

My theory on it was that he didn't support the corporate restructure (focus on apps/large media gaming).  HK went to war with the board about it and now his legacy is being torn apart (Japanese cut throat style).  I really doubt the general public will ever get the full story.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Found a few CEs for a "reasonable price" on ebay.

MGSV TPP PS4

MGSV TPP PS4

There are sets ranging from $180-$200 also, if you really want the CE.

MGSV TPP XBOX ONE

MGSV TPP XBOX ONE

I also updated the main post with links to weapons information and MGS gear.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

At first I was kinda shocked at how they dumped Hayter, but now it makes sense. It was an evolution of Big Boss.
Hayter as Naked Snake (Big Boss before Big Boss), Keifer as Venom Snake (Big Boss), and Richard Doyle as Old Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Keifer will bring along a more grizzled and war-torn version instead of the rather "Rough yet somewhat new" talent that Hayter brings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hayter shouldn't have done Big Boss's voice in the 3rd one to begin with, imo.

Really hyped for this game.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Pretty interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty interesting.

Hideo Kojima has left us plenty of examples of what has been going on with him and Konami for a long, long time. Snake, and all of the characters that are clones or copies of the character, are Kojima. Raiden is Konami.

Essentially, starting at that game, Kojima started telling us that Konami is taking over the direction that the series has been going. We always see a Snake who is completely out of the loop of what's going on while others fill him in. He also seems to not want to go along with it or is indifferent.

In MGS3, the bad guy is The Boss. Pretty straight forward. At the end of the game, Snake becomes Big Boss. Again, pretty straightforward.

In MGS4, you have a whole host of themes going on. Kojima's desire to leave the industry or series behind. Kojima being restrained by the rules that Konami has put in place. Kojima not having a say in what happens to his series... lots going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if MGS5 is a complete jab at Konami.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Afghanistan map. Decent size.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#32]

You got your copy already? How?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Think it is anyone of a number of leaked photos and revealed info coming out on the game.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Soviet 5.56

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Think it is anyone of a number of leaked photos and revealed info coming out on the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source: MetalGearInformer
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#36]
MGSV PC Launch Date Sep 1st
AUGUST 3- ROBERTPEELERKJP

Ah, what a joyful scene.

I have some updated news regarding the PC version of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. As you might have seen[www.konami.com], we’ve been able to successfully operate our production schedule and change the release date from September 15th, to day-and-date with our console release on September 1st!

We’ve been able to do this because of your support of the PC version and for helping us with feedback all along the way. Life isn't just about passing on your feature requests. We can leave behind much more than just feedback.

Speaking of feedback, we have some updates from the team regarding some of the more popular requests.

-Firstly, similar to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, the team are committed to an optimized PC release, allowing for as much of the Steam community to purchase and play the game.
-After our PC launch of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, back in December, many players have asked us to separate the graphics options and allow for greater control over depth of field and other graphic settings. We’ve listened to this feedback and are implementing separate settings for a variety of the controls related to graphics. This will be implemented for in-game activity, but I’m afraid we can’t change setting differences for cutscenes.
-Likewise, MGSV will continue to have 4k resolution support in The Phantom Pain.
-Players have asked for Windows 10 support as well, but while we can’t confirm official support by launch, we’re looking into this for post-launch patches if necessary. However from all accounts, the basic performance should be to par.
-For our Steam community, we can confirm the creation of Steam Trading Card support when playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
-Finally we’d like to mention that full support for custom soundtracks via MP3 on your PC is planned for implementation.

PC gaming has changed. It's an endless series of updates, brought on by fans and development teams.

There were many more requests given, and while we won’t be able to implement all of them, we hope the above comes as good news for PC players. We’ll continue to evaluate feedback and make changes where we can.

Once again, thank you for your continued support for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain! Now that all of us are together, it’s time we go to the depths of hell itself.

-KJPDev

Source: Steam
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Mother Base gameplay trailer is up on YouTube. This game is going to be awesome.

Video link: http://youtu.be/_elSJYm4SXA
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I got a code for this with a video card.. Is that suspicious?
I will check the site now
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

nVidia has it as their pack-in freebie right now. I've seen a lot of ads about it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

nVidia has it as their pack-in freebie right now. I've seen a lot of ads about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent, free games never hurt. It was a surprise when it appeared in my inbox.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Mother Base gameplay trailer is up on YouTube. This game is going to be awesome.

View Quote

Yeah I cannot wait.

Need to see if we can get an FUAROCK or 87th ARF Division clan going where we can help defend each other's bases.

I paid for my preorder at best buy yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah I cannot wait.

Need to see if we can get an FUAROCK or 87th ARF Division clan going where we can help defend each other's bases.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I cannot wait.

I want to name my base Shadow Company from Lethal Weapon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Motherbase is a minigame in itself. Holy shit!

Thanks for the link StealthGuy!
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Pre-ordered it for Steam. Pretty excited for it.

The new Gamescom Trailer has me hyped as fuck right now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I considered getting the steam version to hold me over until my PS4 CE arrives.  If only saves the could be transferred cross-platform :(

Edit: Ebay has started filling up with CEs again.  $100-$250 seems to be the going price.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I considered getting the steam version to hold me over until my PS4 CE arrives.  If only saves the could be transferred cross-platform :(

Edit: Ebay has started filling up with CEs again.  $100-$250 seems to be the going price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, you can Pre-order and get the Ground Zeroes copy free on Steam.

Or you could get Ground Zeroes for the PS4.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it sad that I've already owned two copies of GZ?  CD and Digitial on PS4...
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Would it be worth upgrading to the PS4 for this release? I don't game much except for when a few titles are released. Either way I see a few weekends wasted on building up Mother Base.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Would it be worth upgrading to the PS4 for this release? I don't game much except for when a few titles are released. Either way I see a few weekends wasted on building up Mother Base.
View Quote

Maybe for the visual upgrade.  I don't think ps3 players can attack ps4 players fobs,
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top